Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 19-06-2016, 12:01 PM #26
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..it's a sad read for sure..I don't think that having an 'advantaged' upbringing/life in terms of money, has been an advantage at all, it's probably been one of the biggest disadvantages in that it's possibly led to his friendships being ones that have revolved around his money rather than who he is../more shallow friendships etc...if he had not been spoilt with money and materialistic things, then his friendships would have been because of the person he was and he himself would have been in no doubt about that, so felt much more self-worth...

..one of the most loving things that we can do for our children/to make them feel loved is to be a clearly defined parent..a huge part of them growing is in choosing their friendships and learning from their friendships../the people who they will choose to keep in their lives..Marco has never learned that either I don't think..one of the most sad things of what his mum said is that she feels or fears as though 'there is no hope for him'...what he needs is a belief that whatever road of 'destruction' he's travelling on now, there is every hope for him and a happy outcome from the two people who should have and should have had a complete belief in him..his mum and dad...
Sounds like his dad spoiled him for overcompensating for not being there. Boys needed their father.
Old 19-06-2016, 12:03 PM #27
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I don't think the dad did a good job as well, especially as the one who meant to raise him properly leading him to some sort of self destruction. It's clearly ugly situation and he couldn't even have the sense to rise above it all. So I couldn't be bothered with the three of them tbh...

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 12:05 PM #28
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.winter View Post
I don't think the dad did a good job as well, especially as the one who meant to raise him properly leading him to some sort of self destruction. It's clearly ugly situation and he couldn't even have the sense to rise above it all. So I couldn't be bothered with the three of them tbh...
It sounds like he wasn't there when he was needed.
Old 19-06-2016, 02:06 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I don't think a bad upbringing is an excuse. There's plenty of people who have been raised in worse circumstances that have turned out to be good people despite bad parenting.

Marco is old enough to realise his parents mistakes and not let them define him.
What a simplistic and idealistic view you have .....I think you're wrong myself...very...loads of kids from famous parents end up like Marco and often end up dead....I don't know who your favourite housemates are or what their parents are like but I do know there is a high percentage chance they will become exactly as narsassistic as he is......I wonder if you simplistic view will be applied to them too.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 02:13 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..it's a sad read for sure..I don't think that having an 'advantaged' upbringing/life in terms of money, has been an advantage at all, it's probably been one of the biggest disadvantages in that it's possibly led to his friendships being ones that have revolved around his money rather than who he is../more shallow friendships etc...if he had not been spoilt with money and materialistic things, then his friendships would have been because of the person he was and he himself would have been in no doubt about that, so felt much more self-worth...

..one of the most loving things that we can do for our children/to make them feel loved is to be a clearly defined parent..a huge part of them growing is in choosing their friendships and learning from their friendships../the people who they will choose to keep in their lives..Marco has never learned that either I don't think..one of the most sad things of what his mum said is that she feels or fears as though 'there is no hope for him'...what he needs is a belief that whatever road of 'destruction' he's travelling on now, there is every hope for him and a happy outcome from the two people who should have and should have had a complete belief in him..his mum and dad...
I completely agree with you ....

The boy is in trouble and the boy is in pain......it's so obvious....how that can be a reason to hate him and wish him harm or, as one person said, wish him dead.....that philosophy is so far off my radar it may as well be in outer space...

It's a credit to Andy and to Jackson that they both could see that when all the others failed to....tells me they are nice people
Old 19-06-2016, 02:31 PM #31
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post

The boy is in trouble and the boy is in pain......it's so obvious....how that can be a reason to hate him and wish him harm or, as one person said, wish him dead.....that philosophy is so far off my radar it may as well be in outer space...

It's a credit to Andy and to Jackson that they both could see that when all the others failed to....tells me they are nice people
Old 19-06-2016, 03:09 PM #32

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:

What a fantastic post hot2go, one reason I like Andy and Jackson they could see through the cracks,most of the others are two faced tossers if you ask me,pretending they liked him and rejoicing when he went,disgusting behaviour,and don't even get me started on Laura,she has more faces than Big Ben.Marco is a troubled soul and those who mock and want him to die need to give their sorry heads a wobble.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 19-06-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 03:11 PM #33
Adios

Adios

Quote:
I don't think a bad upbringing is an excuse. There's plenty of people who have been raised in worse circumstances that have turned out to be good people despite bad parenting.

Marco is old enough to realise his parents mistakes and not let them define him.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:13 PM #34
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
What a fantastic post hot2go, one reason I like Andy and Jackson they could see through the cracks,most of the others are two faced tossers if you ask me,pretending they liked him and rejoicing when he went,disgusting behaviour,and don't even get me started on Laura,she has more faces than Big Ben.Marco is a troubled soul and those who mock and want him to die need to give their sorry heads a wobble.
Old 19-06-2016, 04:18 PM #35

this is typical
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:18 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
Nice to see you've still got the clap
Old 19-06-2016, 04:24 PM #37
Adios

Adios

Slow clap for the comedian

Old 19-06-2016, 04:32 PM #38
Banned

Banned

Quote:
What a simplistic and idealistic view you have .....I think you're wrong myself...very...loads of kids from famous parents end up like Marco and often end up dead....I don't know who your favourite housemates are or what their parents are like but I do know there is a high percentage chance they will become exactly as narsassistic as he is......I wonder if you simplistic view will be applied to them too.
I'll only warn you once. don't attack people because of their favourites. Drop that **** right now.

My view isn't simplistic or idealistic. Having a bad childhood isn't an excuse for being a ****up in adult life. at some point you have to let go of that crap or let it consume you but it's not an excuse for acting like a twat, that's on his shoulders and no one else's.

He is no longer a child, he has his own mind and he can come to his own conclusions. You can't blame his upbringing for his actions.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:35 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz2k2 View Post
this is typical
Typical of what ?

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:43 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clootie Dumpling View Post
I feel very sorry for Mati and, while still despising his behaviour in the House, I feel sorry for him, too.

The monster in all of this is Marco Pierre White Snr, whose own behaviour and twisted concept of parental roles, as described in the DM article, come as no surprise and go a long way towards explaining why Marco Jnr is as he is.

This puts his constant attention-seeking and the need to touch everyone all the time into perspective. He craves love and reassurance, which he didn't get as a child, because he father was an unapproachable angry character, who belittled his mother and ignored his children.
Sounds like MP Senior is a bully who uses money to get his own way - I hope every bloody restaurant he owns closes through lack of custom - The only way he will be rewarded properly for his selfish disgusting pig behaviour.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 05:00 PM #41

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'll only warn you once. don't attack people because of their favourites. Drop that **** right now.

My view isn't simplistic or idealistic. Having a bad childhood isn't an excuse for being a ****up in adult life. at some point you have to let go of that crap or let it consume you but it's not an excuse for acting like a twat, that's on his shoulders and no one else's.

He is no longer a child, he has his own mind and he can come to his own conclusions. You can't blame his upbringing for his actions.

That was an awfully condescending response to your point, which is very valid, so I totally understand your reaction. Hot2go makes some really intelligent points on many things, which I can often respect and agree with, but on occasions some are made in a rather insulting way, as in this case.

Sadly, many Marco fans will not see that he has any responsibility for his own behaviour, despite the fact that he is an adult, and excuse him no matter what. Yet the more people excuse things, the more he will continue with behaviours which are likely to be harmful to himself or others, so it is actually detrimental to him, as the excuses are actually allowing him to convince himself that all is okay as it is.

At what age or under what circumstances should Marco actually stop blaming his upbringing, learn some self-control and help himself? When he dies from cocaine abuse? When he kills someone whilst driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol? By excusing him no matter what, is almost supporting Marco in his own downfall or tragic outcome.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 05:21 PM #42

Quote:

Im not attacking you. ....I'm disagreeing with you ....and I still do...so I guess we will have to remain disagreeing with each other on this one....

You say abuse or neglect as a child are no excuse for being disfunctional as an adult
I say it's not that simplistic and those factors def affect people when they become adults

No point either of us going round in circles, we clearly don't agree
Old 19-06-2016, 05:21 PM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijaxers View Post
Sounds like MP Senior is a bully who uses money to get his own way - I hope every bloody restaurant he owns closes through lack of custom - The only way he will be rewarded properly for his selfish disgusting pig behaviour.
But you're criticising MPS for behaving in exactly the same way when he was a young man, that people are excusing MPJ for now, which is really ironic.

E.g.

A bully- MPJ was agressive and threatening to both Ryan and security guards.
Selfish- MPJ has behaved exactly as he has wanted to in both the house and outside. Spending Ł250,000 on drugs, etc - driving under the influence of cocaine and during the day when there are likely to be crowds and young children out and about- doing what he wants with no thought about how it affects someone else
Disgusting- numerous of his antics on the show, his treatment of his fiancée, etc.

If, in 20 years time, MPJ has a son behaving in the way he does now, whose fault will that be? Because, according to MPJ fans, it seems it won't be his fault!

Will they blame the child? Will they blame MPS's parents for the way they brought him up (if it's always the parents' fault)? Or will they still turn round and blame his father, who was perhaps too busy to give much time to him, and appears to have had a temper, but was, at least, trying to work hard to make a decent living in order to provide his children with a good education, a comfortable lifestyle, etc.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 10:20 PM #44

If you don't have anything good to say about your son SHUT THE ****** UP
BB247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 10:23 PM #45
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB247 View Post
If you don't have anything good to say about your son SHUT THE ****** UP
A mum saying her son has no hope is very cruel. You should always support your kids no matter what.
Old 19-06-2016, 10:26 PM #46
Adios

Adios

I love that his behaviour has been blamed on someone else.

Old 19-06-2016, 10:28 PM #47
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
UBB: JohnMc
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
UBB: JohnMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
I love that his behaviour has been blamed on someone else.
MojoNixon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 11:23 PM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
A mum saying her son has no hope is very cruel. You should always support your kids no matter what.
She's a right piece of work she is....what a cow

If she was gen worried about him she'd have been there to support him on Friday night
Old 19-06-2016, 11:30 PM #49
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She's a right piece of work she is....what a cow

If she was gen worried about him she'd have been there to support him on Friday night
The only hope is his dad, but let's hope he supports him he hasn't been there when he needed him
Old 20-06-2016, 12:35 AM #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
The only hope is his dad, but let's hope he supports him he hasn't been there when he needed him
I can't believe how hard people can be ...how can they not feel
A little sorry for the lad.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
marco, mother, speaks