Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: ?
Really pleased, the U.K. will be better off 27 36.00%
Really pleased, the U.K. will be better off
27 36.00%
Really disappointed, we've ****ed things up 42 56.00%
Really disappointed, we've ****ed things up
42 56.00%
I didn't care either way 6 8.00%
I didn't care either way
6 8.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-06-2016, 01:32 AM #251
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollface View Post
I actually felt sorry for Remain at first and sympathized with their loss, but then I saw how nasty the majority of the sore losers were being and all the pity I felt just withered away, so, might as well enjoy winding 'em up.
This isn't some BB eviction. The whole thing is real and will affect a lot of people, its not about being "sore losers" it's about being deeply worried about where the UK is headed economically and politically. This fear and worry naturally generates anger. Remember the gap between leave and remain was just over 1m. Like, think how close that actually is. It's almost a split down the middle of the country.
Old 25-06-2016, 01:33 AM #252
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Overreaction.
Hardly.
Old 25-06-2016, 01:38 AM #253

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
What evidence do you have that a lot of Leave voters are racists?

Facebook Jeremy.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 01:38 AM #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
This isn't some BB eviction.
I've lost count of the number of people who seem fit to inform us it wasn't a BB or X Factor vote.

You're kidding?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 01:38 AM #255

Quote:
Hardly.
Extreme.
Old 25-06-2016, 01:42 AM #256
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I actually felt sorry for Remain at first and sympathized with their loss, but then I saw how nasty the majority of the sore losers were being and all the pity I felt just withered away, so, might as well enjoy winding 'em up.
Please, Leave has all the racist thugs, EDL, and the Britain First inbreds. If you think people being annoyed at Leave winning is 'nasty' then be thankful Leave didn't lose because blood would have been spilled.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 01:43 AM #257
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Apparently holiday prices are going to rise though, right before I book mine. Bloody typical
Bye I have trips to Prague, Zante and Brussels on the cards for next year.

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 01:44 AM #258
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
I've Zante marked too NOT here for having to go to Bulgaria instead!

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 01:46 AM #259
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I've lost count of the number of people who seem fit to inform us it wasn't a BB or X Factor vote.

You're kidding?
Well to be fair the language I'm seeing in this thread makes me think that perhaps some people don't know the difference. Feelings don't just disappear because the ever so slightly majority voted against those us. Leave keep talking about how they want to make Britain great again, well that will include closing the gulf that this referendum has created.
Old 25-06-2016, 01:53 AM #260
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Extreme.
The £ will be devalued by quite an amount, it might not be an extreme amount, but its more pressure on the most desperate.

We're currently in between Prime Ministers, with no idea of when article 50 will be invoked.

Scotland WILL demand another Scottish Independence referendum, and I have a feeling they might be wanting to vote leave themselves.

The leave vote has very likely cause a bit of a stir in Northern Ireland too, which we're going to have to keep a close eye on.

And lastly, I know Leave voters seemingly hate the EU, but this could be the beginning of the end for the EU, but the EU crashing is in no way a good thing at all, it would cause even more chaos and panic than the Brexit itself, especially in countries like Greece. It would also have ramifications for the UK itself.
Old 25-06-2016, 02:12 AM #261

Extremely disappointed - that 'Leave' did not win by an even greater majority.

The UK has finally broken out of the prison which the abhorrent Edward Heath conned us into 42 long years ago - and we did it without the help of Michael Scofield

Last edited by kirklancaster; 25-06-2016 at 02:13 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 02:48 AM #262
baddie

Favourites (more):

baddie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This isn't some BB eviction. The whole thing is real and will affect a lot of people, its not about being "sore losers" it's about being deeply worried about where the UK is headed economically and politically. This fear and worry naturally generates anger. Remember the gap between leave and remain was just over 1m. Like, think how close that actually is. It's almost a split down the middle of the country.
Quote:
Well to be fair the language I'm seeing in this thread makes me think that perhaps some people don't know the difference. Feelings don't just disappear because the ever so slightly majority voted against those us. Leave keep talking about how they want to make Britain great again, well that will include closing the gulf that this referendum has created.
This this this!!!

I see so much **** on fbook of people saying things like "we're leaving get over it and stop moaning"... Like are you being ****ing serious? This is a massive and scary change that will effect us all for the rest of out lives. We were already seeing some of the concequeces before it was even mid day... How can anyone be anything but a bit passionate about what's happened rn? Especially when it's not even been 24hrs since it was made official? Instead of moaning and winging about the remain lot ruining your victory pint with the reality of what's just happened, try give your take on what's going on. Like people have said in here before we've not just voted out Jayne from BB (as tragic as that would be) or the next Beyoncé from the Xfactor. This is not a case of "hahaha we win stop being so pressed you lefties" "lefties tears ohh" (a used and tiered joke btw). It's more than that imo and I feel like people acting like that have underestimated how important and above that this referendum should be.

How are people who've lost meant to react just sit there quietly and accept the fact that in their eyes their country has let them down massively by ****ing up their future Based on a campaign of half truths, fear and intolerance?

I respect that the majority have spoken and I respect everyone's right to vote but when I'm seeing leave voters being interviewed in disbelief over their vote actually counting and not being sure what they had actually done it does make me furious. One girl on my facebook actually wrote a status asking what it meant now that we'd left Europe, someone replies asking her why she voted to leave if she had no idea what was gonna happen and she responded with (I kid you not) something along the lines of "the Muslims were all gonna be let in from Syria and come here and be violent and I don't want to raise [son's name] in a violent environment" :/.... And yeah I know those two examples are not a representation of all the leave voters but seeing stuff like this kind of supports my theory that a few people who voted leave were not informed enough about the repercussions of making such a decision for Britain. I believe fear mongering, snappy key words intolerance and key words & slogans that made leaving feel as if it was the patriotic and right thing to do was what led a good amount of people to vote out and that's not good enough imo.

I'm not actually sure what we're gonna do now this all seems so chaotic, everyone seems so shocked that we actually voted to leave and it seems like Scotland may want another referendum. So it's not looking like there's a way forward. All I can do is hope that I'm proven wrong and Britain recovers from this greater than ever.

Last edited by armand.kay; 25-06-2016 at 02:50 AM.
Old 25-06-2016, 02:51 AM #263
baddie

Favourites (more):

baddie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
I've Zante marked too NOT here for having to go to Bulgaria instead!
A trip to Bournemouth instead?

Old 25-06-2016, 05:54 AM #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Facebook Jeremy.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 07:29 AM #265
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This this this!!!

I see so much **** on fbook of people saying things like "we're leaving get over it and stop moaning"... Like are you being ****ing serious? This is a massive and scary change that will effect us all for the rest of out lives. We were already seeing some of the concequeces before it was even mid day... How can anyone be anything but a bit passionate about what's happened rn? Especially when it's not even been 24hrs since it was made official? Instead of moaning and winging about the remain lot ruining your victory pint with the reality of what's just happened, try give your take on what's going on. Like people have said in here before we've not just voted out Jayne from BB (as tragic as that would be) or the next Beyoncé from the Xfactor. This is not a case of "hahaha we win stop being so pressed you lefties" "lefties tears ohh" (a used and tiered joke btw). It's more than that imo and I feel like people acting like that have underestimated how important and above that this referendum should be.

How are people who've lost meant to react just sit there quietly and accept the fact that in their eyes their country has let them down massively by ****ing up their future Based on a campaign of half truths, fear and intolerance?

I respect that the majority have spoken and I respect everyone's right to vote but when I'm seeing leave voters being interviewed in disbelief over their vote actually counting and not being sure what they had actually done it does make me furious. One girl on my facebook actually wrote a status asking what it meant now that we'd left Europe, someone replies asking her why she voted to leave if she had no idea what was gonna happen and she responded with (I kid you not) something along the lines of "the Muslims were all gonna be let in from Syria and come here and be violent and I don't want to raise [son's name] in a violent environment" :/.... And yeah I know those two examples are not a representation of all the leave voters but seeing stuff like this kind of supports my theory that a few people who voted leave were not informed enough about the repercussions of making such a decision for Britain. I believe fear mongering, snappy key words intolerance and key words & slogans that made leaving feel as if it was the patriotic and right thing to do was what led a good amount of people to vote out and that's not good enough imo.

I'm not actually sure what we're gonna do now this all seems so chaotic, everyone seems so shocked that we actually voted to leave and it seems like Scotland may want another referendum. So it's not looking like there's a way forward. All I can do is hope that I'm proven wrong and Britain recovers from this greater than ever.
Armand What a thoughtful we'll put together post, I have also heard some astonishing admissions from people who voted to leave, like I voted out to make a stand but I didn't want to leave I'm think this will have a ripple effect and the ramifications are huge, who knows where this process will take us, hopefully it will be okay, but at the moment it feels like living in a very tense atmosphere just waiting to explode.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 07:34 AM #266

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Extremely disappointed - that 'Leave' did not win by an even greater majority.

The UK has finally broken out of the prison which the abhorrent Edward Heath conned us into 42 long years ago - and we did it without the help of Michael Scofield

Old 25-06-2016, 08:46 AM #267
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by microscope View Post
Very happy and it needed to happen. Other countries are wanting to leave to so we are not alone on that score. At first there will be some panic as is plainly obvious from what we see on tv and in the papers and the web, but that will die down in time. Business will continue as before as there are always people out there in the world ready to take our lovely money but if anybody in Europe says that they don't want to sell you their product then screw them and find someone else, it's that easy.

The pound has gone down which is natural at this particular time but that will be a temporary thing and will rise again when things start to settle down. It can actually be a good thing for those in Europe who wish to buy products from the UK as if their Euro goes up then they get better value for money. Of course it is not the same the other way round as it costs us more to buy in from European countries, so what you do is either spend less or buy British or haggle for a better price.

The main thing is of course immigration and being able to control our borders and not have those twats in Brussels to bow down to as we can do as we please, which is the way it should be and will save us Billions of pounds which we can certainly put to better use
Just spotted your post whilst reading through some of this thread, and just want to say, good post

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 09:08 AM #268
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
To all the still bitter remainers.... We won, we're out, we're happy, so you might as well get over it because moaning and whining and showing yourselves up isn't going to get you anywhere. You lost. Suck it up ;(
You said you didn't vote, so you opted for the status quo..you lost
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 09:47 AM #269
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

I think we need to look at why the vote was out because although each who supported that decision believes it was because everyone had a common goal, it is far from reality.

Some voted because they wanted control of immigration, some to take back political control from Brussels, but I think the majority voted exit because they were just generally dissatisfied with their current circumstances and wanted to vote exit to register that feeling.

In a standard general election, people basicallly have a choice of 2 parties. The majority are unhappy with both of them but consider one the lesser of the evils. so although dissatisfied, they pick one to support. The EU referendum gave all those voters the opportunity to say ... we dislike you all, so they voted for brexit.

Even amongst the political groups that supported and campaigned for brexit, there is little evidence of any agreement between them, they just each cherry picked a reason to be dissatisfied and ran with it. In those circumstances its easy to find a voter who will agree.

So, if general dissatisfaction was the real reason for voting brexit, we now have a circumstance where our main political parties are in dissarray, so in that respect, the aim has been achieved. The parties will now have to re-allign themselves to represent what people really think is important them, so believe it or not, its probably for the best and this is coming from someone who took the vote for what it was ... a vote about the EU and voted to remain.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 12:52 PM #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Just spotted your post whilst reading through some of this thread, and just want to say, good post
Thankyou
microscope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 12:53 PM #271
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
we are in the EU for the next 2 years
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 12:54 PM #272
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I think we need to look at why the vote was out because although each who supported that decision believes it was because everyone had a common goal, it is far from reality.

Some voted because they wanted control of immigration, some to take back political control from Brussels, but I think the majority voted exit because they were just generally dissatisfied with their current circumstances and wanted to vote exit to register that feeling.

In a standard general election, people basicallly have a choice of 2 parties. The majority are unhappy with both of them but consider one the lesser of the evils. so although dissatisfied, they pick one to support. The EU referendum gave all those voters the opportunity to say ... we dislike you all, so they voted for brexit.

Even amongst the political groups that supported and campaigned for brexit, there is little evidence of any agreement between them, they just each cherry picked a reason to be dissatisfied and ran with it. In those circumstances its easy to find a voter who will agree.

So, if general dissatisfaction was the real reason for voting brexit, we now have a circumstance where our main political parties are in dissarray, so in that respect, the aim has been achieved. The parties will now have to re-allign themselves to represent what people really think is important them, so believe it or not, its probably for the best and this is coming from someone who took the vote for what it was ... a vote about the EU and voted to remain.
really so how do you figure the huge victory for Cameron in the last election?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 02:44 PM #273

Quote:
The £ will be devalued by quite an amount, it might not be an extreme amount, but its more pressure on the most desperate.
At the moment. That will change once this initial tantrum is over. The value of the pound is always jumping up and down.

Last edited by Marsh.; 25-06-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 25-06-2016, 02:53 PM #274

Quote:
At the moment. That will change once this initial tantrum is over. The value of the pound is always jumping up and down.

Yes a Naughty Cock
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 03:42 PM #275
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I have only one thing to say as to those of over 65 who it appears have voted more to 'leave' than 'remain', not all of them thankfully.

When 41 years ago, they were voting for their futures, they voted yes to getting closer to Europe in the EEC, with the knowledge, that was said at the time of going in then, this was just the start of the UKs journey in Europe.

Now it is not their futures they were particularly voting on, sadly more of them than not, it appears now voted to 'leave',so to blazes with everyone else.
Perhaps it's because old people actually have life experience and have been directly impacted by the EU?

These are people who have direct experience from before and after the European Union. They have lived through the EU's effect on their lives - and they can see how it's going.

Last edited by _Tom_; 25-06-2016 at 03:43 PM.
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
disappointed, eu, pleased, referendum, result