Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:27 AM #26
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
TBF talking in the diary room is slightly different to bitching to other housemates.

However, I find it slightly ridiculous when people go off on one about others being twofaced. Everyone is two faced to some degree..and sometimes its a good thing IMO. Not everything needs to be said to peoples faces, in many situations it would be just cruel
I totally disagree with this, especially in Andy's case.

During week one he went to the diary room threw doubt on Lateysha's parenting skills because in his words 'she doesn't want to talk to me about her daughter' yet just a few weeks later he's condemned Charlie for confirming Jason's daughters age - Why is it ok for him to talk about Lateysha's child but not ok for Charlie to talk about Jason's (in a much more innocent way)

Another example is the Jason 'game player' situation, Andy got on his high horse when Lateysha named Jason and he flew into action in trying to prove Lateysha had told everyone Jason was like this and planting seeds of doubt (even though we were shown she hadn't and just mentioned it through one conversation with Charlie but then Andy can go into the diary room and say he now doubts Jason too - Why couldn't he have said that to Jason?

For me the diary room is like sending a PM in here slating somebody but then on the actual forum being nice about somebody. Just because it's private doesn't make it any less two faced imo
Old 11-07-2016, 06:34 AM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
maybe he just hates travellers, but his hatred for hughie is getting worryingly obsessive!
Andy is playing the game, a game he's played all of his life, so in that instance, the acorn hasn't fallen far from the Oak....

He's, doing what all bores on this programs do ( social outcasts- socially inept) he's decided that because he has never been in the cool school, he's using the diary room, for him a place where no one questions his sly, nasty,vindictiveness.

He's got it in for Hughie who he thinks is a big threat, he's clearly thinking about the winning line, hence the discussion with Jackson last night about the rinse down from 12 to 5.

Hughie isn't helping himself and the worst thing Andy is trying to achieve if he doesn't win is to bring Hughie down with him.

I don't understand Hughie, he's a shoe in to win and the bad temper let's him down, initially it was a novelty now it's wearing thin, he's got some sort of childhood issue baggage plaguing him- why does he get louder when repeatedly told to be quiet? He's a psychiatrist's wet dream!
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:47 AM #28
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Andy is playing the game, a game he's played all of his life, so in that instance, the acorn hasn't fallen far from the Oak....

He's, doing what all bores on this programs do ( social outcasts- socially inept) he's decided that because he has never been in the cool school, he's using the diary room, for him a place where no one questions his sly, nasty,vindictiveness.

He's got it in for Hughie who he thinks is a big threat, he's clearly thinking about the winning line, hence the discussion with Jackson last night about the rinse down from 12 to 5.

Hughie isn't helping himself and the worst thing Andy is trying to achieve if he doesn't win is to bring Hughie down with him.

I don't understand Hughie, he's a shoe in to win and the bad temper let's him down, initially it was a novelty now it's wearing thin, he's got some sort of childhood issue baggage plaguing him- why does he get louder when repeatedly told to be quiet? He's a psychiatrist's wet dream!

...I've found in my experiences of that to be quite a common thing, Delta in larger families...those small voices that raise in volume in their frustrations to be heard among many other voices..and all talking at once/all needing to be heard and to have their voice ...I think there is probably a big aspect to the travelling community environment that is of 'one large family'..so something that has been very much a part of his environment and an ongoing thing that he struggles with...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:49 AM #29
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..there's nothing worse and more frustrating than needing to be heard and desperately having something to say..and to be told to be quiet and hush down../it will only raise the volume even more...

Last edited by Ammi; 11-07-2016 at 06:49 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:42 AM #30

Quote:
he only did that cause andy had made a big song and dance about people gossiping and not being upfront. which in itself is laughable considering what Andy's like in the dr.
This is what the DR is for, well I thought

Where HMs are able to unload their frustrations, their pet peeves & anger to BB in the confines of the DR.

If Andy was nasty in the DR and then comes out to that same HM and all cuddles and "love you" then yes I would say it's backstabbing and two faced, but Andy hasn't. He lets of steam about Hughie in the DR knowing it's totally waste of time trying to reason with him in an adult conversation.
Papillon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:32 AM #31

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
This is what the DR is for, well I thought

Where HMs are able to unload their frustrations, their pet peeves & anger to BB in the confines of the DR.

If Andy was nasty in the DR and then comes out to that same HM and all cuddles and "love you" then yes I would say it's backstabbing and two faced, but Andy hasn't. He lets of steam about Hughie in the DR knowing it's totally waste of time trying to reason with him in an adult conversation.
What about him doubting jason in the dr then going out to kiss his arse.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:43 AM #32

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
What about him doubting jason in the dr then going out to kiss his arse.
Didn't happen.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:18 PM #33

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Stephen Bear
CBB15: Nadia Sawalha

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Stephen Bear
CBB15: Nadia Sawalha

The hypocrisy of Andy slagging people off in the diary room and then going out and kissing their behind is typical of people like him. Whenever he has tried to argue with people, like Hughie and Jason, he often comes out of it looking worse than he did before. So he goes into the diary room where he gets to spout his invective without the fear of being challenged and ultimately losing, again.

It's always uncomfortable to watch people like him, from privileged middle-class backgrounds, lord it over people from communities where education isn't perhaps as valued. Some of the snide, spiteful things he says about Hughie and Lateysha are no different from Marco Pierre Junior slagging off the footwear of people whose parents don't give them £400 for shoes. He's equally spoilt and obnoxious

So yeah, get rid of the pompous, bitter, miserable little fake. He'll never know a struggle like Hughie has known, he couldn't even begin to understand it, despite making a huge effort to shed crocodile tears for the cameras whenever he thinks it may get him votes
Deebo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:02 PM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

well said deebo.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:51 PM #35

Favourites:
BB17: Andrew

Favourites:
BB17: Andrew

I don't like Andy or Hughie.

Andy is so condescending in the diary room with 95% of the stuff he says, he wouldn't utter to their faces. But he does say reworded, watered down versions. And people respond to that and he's bemused by it. Odd for someone so self proclaimed as intelligent to catch themselves out that way.

I feel that he's put out by negative reactions to his machiavellian ways because he's A) amazed he's been busted and B) feels he shouldn't have to justify it to such peons.

Typical dumbo with a decent vocabulary and his 'calm' passive aggressive nature.

He reminds me of middle management type guys. Stuck at a certain level that they shouldn't even have attained through a smart appearance, well spoken and approachable demeanour. But don't weild enough power to satisfy their ego. And that irks them.

Hughie. Dullard.

If he wasn't as camp as God knows what and was straight I think he'd have been booted by now due to his sheer aggression. Same principle as when gay guys can squeeze a girls arse and boobs and they'll laugh it off as harmless.

Last edited by TT350; 11-07-2016 at 06:52 PM.
TT350 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
andy, positive