Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 31-07-2016, 12:02 AM #1
Banned

Banned

Default Aaargh!!

Nooo! Nooo! No NO NO Nono.
Not Biggins.
Has this plump and annoying TV personality ever brought a single person, man, woman or child of either gender a single moment of enjoyment? (other than making them feel better about themselves because they aren't Biggins) not.
Xanzia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 12:07 AM #2

I had never heard of him up until this show so I don't know about his past career but he seems ok so far.
vixenk99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 12:38 AM #3
Banned

Banned

I am relieved that you are not familiar with his early career - what has been seen cannot be unseen.

In fact, after Brexit and voting Jason as BB17 winner I am convinced that the majority of English people are warty club bashing trolls. The benefit of this? There is no chance at all that Biggins will win.
Old 31-07-2016, 12:45 AM #4

Jason (and Andy) were my favourites from last season, lol. Different strokes for different folks
Old 31-07-2016, 01:00 AM #5
Banned

Banned

Really?
Can you explain why you liked Jason to win? Or shall we just leave this thread hanging in the air as we shouldn't really be talking about BB17?
Old 31-07-2016, 01:34 AM #6

As camp entertainment goes he's one step up from Rylan Clark or Alan Carr and a million steps down from Graham Norton and Paul O'Grady....,totally over rated and not in the least witty.

Last edited by hot2go; 31-07-2016 at 10:21 AM.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 01:46 AM #7
Banned

Banned

OMG, those comparisons have blown my mind. What scale are we using here that puts Biggins above Alan Carr, is it dental work?
Old 31-07-2016, 02:08 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanzia View Post
Really?
Can you explain why you liked Jason to win? Or shall we just leave this thread hanging in the air as we shouldn't really be talking about BB17?
I tend to hope for the more mellow and sedate housemates, who are typically the 'older' ones. Probably because I'm 44 and am not young and wild anymore. I realize it's not good TV but seeing people bare their bodies and curse and swear and yell and scream just doesn't do it for me anymore. It's entertaining to a degree but gets to be too much.
Old 31-07-2016, 03:54 AM #9
Banned

Banned

I am also 44 and think I have seen more exciting dead moose, so don't go blaming your age!

Last edited by Xanzia; 31-07-2016 at 03:55 AM.
Old 31-07-2016, 05:15 AM #10

Biggins is a national treasure. Long may he reign!
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 09:30 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

He fell into the river whilst opening my towns annual raft race in the 80's, made me laugh at the mess.

Last edited by parmnion; 31-07-2016 at 09:31 AM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 09:31 AM #12
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I Really like Biggins, he makes me laugh
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 10:25 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanzia View Post
OMG, those comparisons have blown my mind. What scale are we using here that puts Biggins above Alan Carr, is it dental work?
Biggins, Rylan and Alan Carr are as annoying as each other but the one advantage Biggins has over the other two is that he doesn't get to interview artists more important than himself on a chat show and make a complete abortion of it like they do.
Old 31-07-2016, 10:34 AM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
He fell into the river whilst opening my towns annual raft race in the 80's, made me laugh at the mess.
Thank Heavens he didn't drown. His death would have denied us many years of pleasure.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 11:04 AM #15
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
As camp entertainment goes he's one step up from Rylan Clark or Alan Carr and a million steps down from Graham Norton and Paul O'Grady....,totally over rated and not in the least witty.
but i liked rylan as a person in bb & cbb, though i think his real character is now stifled in his role as presenter.

alan carr makes me laugh as i don't think he tries to be anything he isn't, graham norton and paul o'grady are superb, having real talent... biggins has just made a name for himself by being seen with as many celebs as possible as often as possible, and the concept he's now a 'national treasure' makes me shake my head. it's like there's a whole new definition of the phrase. biggins is all panto and bitterness but has years of experience developing the skills to cover that - he's a construct of his own making, which, i suppose, is a talent in its own right. his inner bitchy queen is due to not being recognised for his true talent, only for his caricature that he built all by himself.

Last edited by Jan S; 31-07-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 11:12 AM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
but i liked rylan as a person in bb & cbb, though i think his real character is now stifled in his role as presenter.

alan carr makes me laugh as i don't think he tries to be anything he isn't, graham norton and paul o'grady are superb, having real talent... biggins has just made a name for himself by being seen with as many celebs as possible as often as possible, and the concept he's now a 'national treasure' makes me shake my head. it's like there's a whole new definition of the phrase. biggins is all panto and bitterness but has years of experience developing the skills to cover that - he's a construct of his own making, which, i suppose, is a talent in its own right. his inner bitchy queen is due to not being recognised for his true talent, only for his caricature that he built all by himself.
I think its a bit more than that. He has been in plays, films, celeb shows, radio, tv shows, panto. I would imagine he has met many famous people throughout his career.
Old 31-07-2016, 11:17 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
Thank Heavens he didn't drown. His death would have denied us many years of pleasure.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 11:21 AM #18

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I think its a bit more than that. He has been in plays, films, celeb shows, radio, tv shows, panto. I would imagine he has met many famous people throughout his career.
Have to agree.
All those famous faces want to be seen with him as much as the other way around.
I remember a documentary a few years ago and he was on every bodies supper list. He was turning down work as he is getting older as well.
BBOTS is his little earner, nice easy job sitting down and giving his opinions in his own witty way.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 11:29 AM #19

There's something about him I don't like...he portrays this jovial pleasing little man but I think he is a real diva and if someone crosses him he could be a right nasty bit of work.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 11:30 AM #20
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
ok, i was being a bit facetious BUT his ''acting'' career hardly involves any major acting - just read through his parts as listed by wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Biggins

bit parts in films, small parts in sit coms/tv series, nothing major at all in theatre - his most serious role (and i remember it well as i loved the tv series 'I Claudius') was as Nero in the same, which wasn't a huge role but required the most 'proper' acting. Perhaps it was truest to his own character (yes, tongue-in-cheek bitching). I cannot see him as a genuinely talented actor, though, because I've also seen him in many of the roles wiki lists, and they aren't exactly a stretch for any stage school wannabes. Perhaps he'd have loved to have had a career as a 'serious' actor but could never land the roles....

during this fluffy career he did indeed get to meet many people, and made sure they remembered him; biggins is one of the biggest name droppers out there.
Old 31-07-2016, 11:31 AM #21
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
There's something about him I don't like...he portrays this jovial pleasing little man but I think he is a real diva and if someone crosses him he could be a right nasty bit of work.
this *nods*
Old 31-07-2016, 12:11 PM #22

Quote:
ok, i was being a bit facetious BUT his ''acting'' career hardly involves any major acting - just read through his parts as listed by wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Biggins

bit parts in films, small parts in sit coms/tv series, nothing major at all in theatre - his most serious role (and i remember it well as i loved the tv series 'I Claudius') was as Nero in the same, which wasn't a huge role but required the most 'proper' acting. Perhaps it was truest to his own character (yes, tongue-in-cheek bitching). I cannot see him as a genuinely talented actor, though, because I've also seen him in many of the roles wiki lists, and they aren't exactly a stretch for any stage school wannabes. Perhaps he'd have loved to have had a career as a 'serious' actor but could never land the roles....

during this fluffy career he did indeed get to meet many people, and made sure they remembered him; biggins is one of the biggest name droppers out there.
He was always known as the jovial chap which he did say didnt bother him but there are other sides to him and yes this 'jovial' name tag may have hindered his serious acting if indeed he could.
I think has he got older he liked the progs where he could be just lighthearted and not too much work. I have to agree on the biggest name dropper!
Old 31-07-2016, 04:22 PM #23

Quote:

I think I'm gonna stay off the subject of Biggins and Rylan .....they're clearly very vey popular...I suppose as a gay guy I know how easy it is to find characters like that on any week end in any city so I expect higher standards from those on the tele......just using a camp voice alone isn't enough, they have to actually say something funny too and I don't think they do. I find them very generic.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aaargh, biggins, christopher