Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 16-08-2016, 10:40 AM #1

Default BEAR without a doubt the worst HM of all time

I've watched BB since the first series where the general consensus was that the nastier housemates didn't deserve to be there and were promptly voted out. But nowadays, it seems like the more fame hungry you are, the less amount of respect you have for others, the more bitchy you are, the more you get involved in public sexual activity, the more anti-social you are, the more you deserve to be there. And if you're a genuinely nice, decent person who has intelligent conversations and don't go round looking for attention or controversy, then you're a terrible housemate and you shouldn't be there. There are impressionable teenagers that watch this show and if they see these type of HMs portrayed as deserving to be in there, they will think that this is the way to get ahead in life.

People are saying that Bear is funny. What on earth is funny about seeing him deliberately go round goading his fellow HMs and deliberately goading others and upsetting them? He doesn't seem to care about it. Just as long as it gives him airtime, that's all that matters to him. He seems completely and utterly incapable of putting himself into anyone else's shoes. For those who think he's funny - if you were living with him and he was constantly doing these things both to you and in your presence, would you find him funny then? Because something tells me you wouldn't. So why, just because it's not happening to you personally, does that make his behaviour acceptable? I have never been able to understand that particular logic of it being okay for someone to do it to someone else, but not to you.

He knows exactly what he's doing. Pranks stop becoming pranks when the person on the receiving end gets angry and/or upset and when the "prankster" keeps on doing it even when they know that the other person doesn't like it.

And I don't think it's fair to call the others boring. How do we know that they're boring when we haven't even seen enough of them to come to that judgement? If anything, I find Bear boring because he just says and does the same things over and over again.
Old 16-08-2016, 10:42 AM #2
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

And yet he's favourite to win !
Old 16-08-2016, 10:43 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):

I agree
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 10:43 AM #4
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

He's not the worst... but he's up there.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 10:47 AM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

There is a worse civillian one though
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 10:53 AM #6
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Wow !! a step too far
If a marmite character like Aaron can win then i think Bear also can.
Old 16-08-2016, 10:55 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebrew View Post
I've watched BB since the first series where the general consensus was that the nastier housemates didn't deserve to be there and were promptly voted out. But nowadays, it seems like the more fame hungry you are, the less amount of respect you have for others, the more bitchy you are, the more you get involved in public sexual activity, the more anti-social you are, the more you deserve to be there. And if you're a genuinely nice, decent person who has intelligent conversations and don't go round looking for attention or controversy, then you're a terrible housemate and you shouldn't be there. There are impressionable teenagers that watch this show and if they see these type of HMs portrayed as deserving to be in there, they will think that this is the way to get ahead in life.

People are saying that Bear is funny. What on earth is funny about seeing him deliberately go round goading his fellow HMs and deliberately goading others and upsetting them? He doesn't seem to care about it. Just as long as it gives him airtime, that's all that matters to him. He seems completely and utterly incapable of putting himself into anyone else's shoes. For those who think he's funny - if you were living with him and he was constantly doing these things both to you and in your presence, would you find him funny then? Because something tells me you wouldn't. So why, just because it's not happening to you personally, does that make his behaviour acceptable? I have never been able to understand that particular logic of it being okay for someone to do it to someone else, but not to you.

He knows exactly what he's doing. Pranks stop becoming pranks when the person on the receiving end gets angry and/or upset and when the "prankster" keeps on doing it even when they know that the other person doesn't like it.

And I don't think it's fair to call the others boring. How do we know that they're boring when we haven't even seen enough of them to come to that judgement? If anything, I find Bear boring because he just says and does the same things over and over again.

Wonderful thread Elliebrew....he is beyond entertaining and anyone who supports him supports bullying and intimidation. To enjoy watching someone intimidate people to the point that they are getting stressed or upset can only show a quality in someone that is quite distasteful. I hope one day those very people who find him funny become the victim of someone who pushes them to that point...and I hope any one around them isn't rolling on the floor laughing.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 11:00 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Members are not fair game to be insulted, questioned on their opinions yes, insulted? no, you need to chill out a little bit me thinks.
Old 16-08-2016, 11:12 AM #9

Quote:

In your humble opinion
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 11:13 AM #10

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

You're definitely not wrong.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 11:25 AM #11
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

I see the similarities, but Helen was not as funny as Bear
Old 16-08-2016, 11:28 AM #12

Bear is dire. Chavvy ignorance should not be applauded. But.... he is not the worst of all time. The worst housemate ever was that awful old Carole Ann Vincent, who put a dampener on the whole series.
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 11:33 AM #13
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Wonderful post
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 11:33 AM #14

I'd definitely say he's one of the worst celebrity housemates anyways. He's an obnoxious twat and if he won he'd probably be a worse winner than anyone on this show, even worse than Jim or Helen.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 11:34 AM #15
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicD View Post
I'd definitely say he's one of the worst celebrity housemates anyways. He's an obnoxious twat and if he won he'd probably be a worse winner than anyone on this show, even worse than Jim or Helen.
I hated Jim at the beginning, but then he grew on me
Old 16-08-2016, 12:10 PM #16

Quote:

All of this is spot-on. Personally though, I'm just waiting for Bear's downfall. I can't see him keeping it together psychologically for another ten days.
Ian Coke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 12:14 PM #17
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
All of this is spot-on. Personally though, I'm just waiting for Bear's downfall. I can't see him keeping it together psychologically for another ten days.
You think so? I get the feeling he's quite strong mentally.
Old 16-08-2016, 12:16 PM #18
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
And yet he's favourite to win !
He's only a paper fav so the bookies can take money on him. He has more chance of winning than he has of growing a personality higher than a turd. He can't and won't win. He's only being kept in for the baronies. On finals night he will go early.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 12:18 PM #19
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
He's only a paper fav so the bookies can take money on him. He has more chance of winning than he has of growing a personality higher than a turd. He can't and won't win. He's only being kept in for the baronies. On finals night he will go early.
I just want him in the final, to be honest. Then it will depend on how he behaves.
Old 16-08-2016, 12:46 PM #20
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Yeah he truly is absolutely awful. He's ruined this series.
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 12:53 PM #21

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

He's killed the series for sure.

But he's still only bottom 10 CBB at most. Lot worse than him gone through the doors over the years.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 12:58 PM #22

Quote:

Very well said.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 12:59 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
Bear is dire. Chavvy ignorance should not be applauded. But.... he is not the worst of all time. The worst housemate ever was that awful old Carole Ann Vincent, who put a dampener on the whole series.
Which one was that?
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 01:01 PM #24
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Members are not fair game to be insulted, questioned on their opinions yes, insulted? no, you need to chill out a little bit me thinks.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 01:02 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
You think so? I get the feeling he's quite strong mentally.
I'm guessing, and in some ways hoping, that what's going to do him in is over-confidence. If everyone accepts, as they now seem to have done, that he'll be there until the final, what is Stephen going to do to get a reaction, when he's no longer the underdog, if he's got nothing left to fight against? The demons that lurk in his skull may come out to play, even more than they already have.
Ian Coke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bear, doubt, hm, time, worst