Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 28-08-2016, 08:29 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
How people can claim he got a good edit is laughable and ridiculous. If it were the case then surely most people would not be calling him vile and bullying and all the rest of the pathetic nonsense I have read on here

Perhaps they mean 'good exposure' rather than 'good edit'.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 08:34 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The sour grapes, over-the-top hysterics about how awful he is (you would think he's Ghengis Khan, honestly ) and the cries of "fix" just because certain people didn't have things go their way?

... Yeah it is all pretty pathetic

Why do you have to view people's dislike of him as sour grapes. People that didn't like him during the series are just saying the same things now.
Old 28-08-2016, 08:36 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absorption View Post
Bear's asked a serious question which I'm sure he's interested in getting answer to, so let's respond in a manner befitting him...

"Eggs! Omelette! Omelette! Eggs! Ruthless! Eggs! Omelette!"
i

...pancake..
Old 28-08-2016, 08:37 PM #29

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Can't he just beggar off, what a bore.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 08:38 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Perhaps they mean 'good exposure' rather than 'good edit'.
The amount of exposure ensured he'd win as we didn't see enough of the other celebs to be able to decide if they should win or not. The editing can also be questioned though, given that the incident with Sam wasn't shown it could be that we actually saw the best of Bear and not the worst.
Old 28-08-2016, 08:38 PM #31
-

-

Quote:
Why do you have to view people's dislike of him as sour grapes. People that didn't like him during the series are just saying the same things now.
All of the over-the-top whining about moral standards, and making him out to be some sort of manifestation of pure evil...

I know that people didn't like him on the show and still don't, that's not what's sour grapes. Not liking that he won is fine. Not being able to accept that he won, as many don't seem to be able to, coming up with endless excuses for "why it happened" and making sweeping statements about those who did want it to happen... those are the sourest of sour grapes.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 08:40 PM #32
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaPPa View Post
The amount of exposure ensured he'd win as we didn't see enough of the other celebs to be able to decide if they should win or not. The editing can also be questioned though, given that the incident with Sam wasn't shown it could be that we actually saw the best of Bear and not the worst.
Based on what we did see of him in similar situations, he really never wanted to see anyone genuinely hurt. I can only imagine that he was quite apologetic over the contact lens "incident".
Old 28-08-2016, 08:47 PM #33

Quote:
All of the over-the-top whining about moral standards, and making him out to be some sort of manifestation of pure evil...

I know that people didn't like him on the show and still don't, that's not what's sour grapes. Not liking that he won is fine. Not being able to accept that he won, as many don't seem to be able to, coming up with endless excuses for "why it happened" and making sweeping statements about those who did want it to happen... those are the sourest of sour grapes.

He had no moral standards ....he WAS a bully...but he won the show and it's a shame that people endorsed it in the name of 'entertainment'.
It's over..it's done and dusted but some people are disgusted about it. Let people vent...it's a forum. You have your say..so let others have theirs.
Old 28-08-2016, 08:53 PM #34

Can we not have a break from Bear threads, I'm sick of hearing his name.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 08:54 PM #35

Quote:
Based on what we did see of him in similar situations, he really never wanted to see anyone genuinely hurt. I can only imagine that he was quite apologetic over the contact lens "incident".
I am sure the contact lense incident was not deliberate...he wouldn't have done it if he thought it would do harm and I am sure he did apologise...we don't know because they never showed it.
The thing is he pushed people's buttons deliberately to get a reaction and when Renee cried he never showed any empathy when she apologised to him...he never showed any remorse at reducing her to tears.
He did apologise for things...so much so that his apologies meant nothing because he didn't learn the error of his ways. When his apologies were accepted he just went on and did the same thing again and again. He played with people's emotions. That's a bully.
Old 28-08-2016, 08:56 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijaxers View Post
Can we not have a break from Bear threads, I'm sick of hearing his name.
Tbf...you don't have to read them..the heading does suggest it's about him.
Old 28-08-2016, 09:01 PM #37
-

-

Quote:
He had no moral standards ....he WAS a bully...but he won the show and it's a shame that people endorsed it in the name of 'entertainment'.
It's over..it's done and dusted but some people are disgusted about it. Let people vent...it's a forum. You have your say..so let others have theirs.
No one's stopping anyone? Don't be a hypocrite; you can't say that people are free to vent their opinions but others are not free to reply to them with their own . He's not the worst winner by far. Helen Wood? Jim ****ing Davidson?? I'm sorry but I simply can't fathom a mildly irritating little trickster like Bear being branded the "worst winner ever" when we've had an alcoholic, homophobic, racist, red-faced woman beating "not-enough-evidence" Yewtree arrestee ****ing arsehole like THAT as the winner. Come on. Wake up.
Old 28-08-2016, 09:29 PM #38

Quote:
Of course he never intends to hurt anyone. He's a big child though and doesn't always know when to stop.

I don't know why I should celebrate Bear winning. Either he has honed an act of being an asshole over the shows he has been on or he just is one. Given what he did to his girlfriend I'm guessing it's the latter.
Old 28-08-2016, 09:33 PM #39
Banned

Banned

I don't know him.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 11:06 PM #40
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Him saying that is deliberately designed to wind people up, just as he used to do in the BB house

Hilarious how easily people fall into his trap and get wound up by it. At least in the BB house you could understand the HMs frustration - they couldn't escape him.

Anyone who allows themselves to get wound up by his comments on the outside world - the joke is on them.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 11:35 PM #41

"positive attitude"

Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 09:07 AM #42

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I feel like hes trying very hard to be 'controversial' 'hopkis-esque', i have a feeling he'll keep attempting to do it to stay relevant. Either that or hes deluded.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 09:09 AM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
But they did. Suddenly the idea of Donald Trump as the next president of the USA doesn't seem so unlikely.
Old 29-08-2016, 09:19 AM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yet he did the same thing again and again, despite the fact that he must have been able to see how much he was upsetting everyone and that they were telling him this.

An apology really doesn't mean anything if you then repeat the behaviour, and if you repeat the behaviour that is hurting others, in my opinion, it doesn't seem that you are truly bothered at all about their genuine feelings.
Old 29-08-2016, 09:35 AM #45
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Yet he did the same thing again and again, despite the fact that he must have been able to see how much he was upsetting everyone and that they were telling him this.

An apology really doesn't mean anything if you then repeat the behaviour, and if you repeat the behaviour that is hurting others, in my opinion, it doesn't seem that you are truly bothered at all about their genuine feelings.
He wasn't hurting them though. He was irritating them / annoying them / making them angry, yes, and even making their time in there somewhat miserable... but can you give me an example of him getting truly hurtful or personal? Did he ever comment on how anyone looked, or really attack aspects of anyone's character? Renee, Aubrey and Frankie said much more genuinely hurtful things in there... And not just about Bear and Co, but about others supposedly on "their side".

In fact when it was obvious that people WERE getting genuinely upset - not just annoyed but really emotional - he backed off fast almost every time. He was often the FIRST to jump up when things stopped being a game and got a bit "too real" such as between Heavy and Lewis - which on at least two separate occasions could easily have kicked off more seriously if he hadn't put himself in the middle .

I genuinely think people are blinded by how irritated they have been by him. I can see why he's "marmite" and why people might not have enjoyed the effect he's had on the show but if you actually watch in an unbiased way, there is honestly no real malice in him at all. There HAVE been many truly nasty housemates in the past, and he doesn't even compare.

There was an obvious weak target in there for a bully. Katie. Emotionally all over the place and right on the edge from near the start. Bear mainly stayed well clear of her because he knew she couldn't handle it... And in the end it was her "friends" who broke her. That speaks volumes, in my opinion.
Old 29-08-2016, 10:55 AM #46

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
He wasn't hurting them though. He was irritating them / annoying them / making them angry, yes, and even making their time in there somewhat miserable... but can you give me an example of him getting truly hurtful or personal? Did he ever comment on how anyone looked, or really attack aspects of anyone's character? Renee, Aubrey and Frankie said much more genuinely hurtful things in there... And not just about Bear and Co, but about others supposedly on "their side".

In fact when it was obvious that people WERE getting genuinely upset - not just annoyed but really emotional - he backed off fast almost every time. He was often the FIRST to jump up when things stopped being a game and got a bit "too real" such as between Heavy and Lewis - which on at least two separate occasions could easily have kicked off more seriously if he hadn't put himself in the middle .

I genuinely think people are blinded by how irritated they have been by him. I can see why he's "marmite" and why people might not have enjoyed the effect he's had on the show but if you actually watch in an unbiased way, there is honestly no real malice in him at all. There HAVE been many truly nasty housemates in the past, and he doesn't even compare.

There was an obvious weak target in there for a bully. Katie. Emotionally all over the place and right on the edge from near the start. Bear mainly stayed well clear of her because he knew she couldn't handle it... And in the end it was her "friends" who broke her. That speaks volumes, in my opinion.
Wow, what a post.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bear, celebrating, celebrity big brother, pathetic, people, thinks, win