Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2016, 11:13 AM #76
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I just don't understand why this is even still a "thing". I mean, something like Brexit, sure, a huge, probably permanent political change (that hasn't even fully gone through yet) still has scope for debate...

But Hillary lost. No matter what way you cut it, it's over, she's irrelevant, she isn't president and she won't ever BE president, really all she is now is a relic of a political system that seems to be "dying off"... none of this is really relevant. It's already history, not current politics.

Sometimes I wonder if the vehemently anti-Hillary people would have been much happier if she'd won, as really what seems to be desired is something to "unmask" / mock / complain about. "LOOK AT WHAT SHE DID! LOOK AT WHAT SHE HAS DONE NOW!!!". Like... people are still trying to do it, for absolutely no reason . I can only imagine they just... enjoy it?

..I'm not even sure if she's ever had any supporters here or if Trump has anyone who actually hates him is the things as well...it's just not seeing much good in either of them/anything to be respected or admired etc...I mean it's just all so counterproductive in terms of the forum...
Old 16-11-2016, 11:22 AM #77

Quote:
I just don't understand why this is even still a "thing". I mean, something like Brexit, sure, a huge, probably permanent political change (that hasn't even fully gone through yet) still has scope for debate...

But Hillary lost. No matter what way you cut it, it's over, she's irrelevant, she isn't president and she won't ever BE president, really all she is now is a relic of a political system that seems to be "dying off"... none of this is really relevant. It's already history, not current politics.

Sometimes I wonder if the vehemently anti-Hillary people would have been much happier if she'd won, as really what seems to be desired is something to "unmask" / mock / complain about. "LOOK AT WHAT SHE DID! LOOK AT WHAT SHE HAS DONE NOW!!!". Like... people are still trying to do it, for absolutely no reason . I can only imagine they just... enjoy it?
For my part, I respond to rebut a post which counters the opinion which I hold, or to support a post which coincides with my opinion, but which is being rebutted by those of a differing opinion.

I also believe, that while ever Donald Trump, The US Presidential Election, the Anti-Trump riots, and the very real linked corruption and Electoral 'irregularities' ARE current and under debate, then Hilary Clinton is still highly RELEVANT, and as such, it is inevitable that she will form the topic of a lot of members posts.

Old 16-11-2016, 11:24 AM #78
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
For my part, I respond to rebut a post which counters the opinion which I hold, or to support a post which coincides with my opinion, but which is being rebutted by those of a differing opinion.

I also believe, that while ever Donald Trump, The US Presidential Election, the Anti-Trump riots, and the very real linked corruption and Electoral 'irregularities' ARE current and under debate, then Hilary Clinton is still highly RELEVANT, and as such, it is inevitable that she will form the topic of a lot of members posts.
I think though that people don't dislike Trump because they like Hillary, they don't like Trump because of himself and his actions/things he's said.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 16-11-2016, 11:31 AM #79
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I think though that people don't dislike Trump because they like Hillary, they don't like Trump because of himself and his actions/things he's said.
..yeah this exactly Niamh and it just goes on and on in my opinion... which is fine if that's what's wanted but then there is no point to keep saying things like sour grapes/move on/give him a chance etc...
Old 16-11-2016, 11:33 AM #80
User banned

User banned

Quote:
like protecting the public, reducing terrorism, rewarding veterans, reducing debts, improving wealth, rebuilding roads and the industries, producing millions of jobs, keeping them in america, withdrawing from the middle east in time....? what a nasty man?
Old 16-11-2016, 11:34 AM #81
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
like protecting the public, reducing terrorism, rewarding veterans, reducing debts, improving wealth, rebuilding roads and the industries, producing millions of jobs, keeping them in america, withdrawing from the middle east in time....? what a nasty man?
yes yes, that's it

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 16-11-2016, 11:35 AM #82
User banned

User banned

Quote:
yes yes, that's it
glad to see youre now a trumpette
Old 16-11-2016, 11:37 AM #83
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
glad to see youre now a trumpette
mmm

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 16-11-2016, 11:58 AM #84

Oh, I agree with you here Niamh - I do honestly believe that most people who dislike or hate Trump do so because of what they perceive him to be and not because he was Clinton's opponent in the Presidential Elections, but I was meaning that BECAUSE Trump and the other Election linked issues are still HOT news, then it is inevitable that Clinton's name is going to be brought up and the linked issues surrounding her be discussed.

Old 16-11-2016, 12:06 PM #85
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

I'm just not convinced it's a debate that needs to be had, especially in the "mocking" way it sometimes is here (not by you, kirk) and the talk of "sour grapes" etc. because as others have said... there really aren't many, if any, Hillary supporters on here at all .

The fact that Hillary Clinton would have made a bad president has absolutely no bearing on anti-Trump sentiment on here or anywhere else... it doesn't mean that Trump isn't also bad. He's untested of course so no one can say for sure, but logically speaking, a sneering / truth-bending semi-celebrity and representative of "American Big Business" is unlikely to make a good president. That doesn't mean that Clinton would have been a good president.

There just seems to be thread after thread gleefully attempting to call out "Loony Left" (Clinton is not Left) "Hillary Supporters" (who are simply not here). People seem to be trying to CREATE Hillary fans in their mind to mock, for little purpose other than to "enjoy a victory" that presumably otherwise feels hollow.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 16-11-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 16-11-2016, 12:57 PM #86
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I'm just not convinced it's a debate that needs to be had, especially in the "mocking" way it sometimes is here (not by you, kirk) and the talk of "sour grapes" etc. because as others have said... there really aren't many, if any, Hillary supporters on here at all .

The fact that Hillary Clinton would have made a bad president has absolutely no bearing on anti-Trump sentiment on here or anywhere else... it doesn't mean that Trump isn't also bad. He's untested of course so no one can say for sure, but logically speaking, a sneering / truth-bending semi-celebrity and representative of "American Big Business" is unlikely to make a good president. That doesn't mean that Clinton would have been a good president.

There just seems to be thread after thread gleefully attempting to call out "Loony Left" (Clinton is not Left) "Hillary Supporters" (who are simply not here). People seem to be trying to CREATE Hillary fans in their mind to mock, for little purpose other than to "enjoy a victory" that presumably otherwise feels hollow.
I think it is more a response to the constant verbal attacks on anyone who voted for Trump or argued in favour of his win over hers. Hilary was the only alternative to Trump so for people to attack others for 'supporting' Trump makes no sense.

People had their reasons for preferring Trump to Clinton, as is their right, but still the 'left leaning' supporters on here keep having digs and making the usual allegations of ' bigots' etc - why lay all the blame at the door of those that back him over her. Sounds rather one-sided.
Old 16-11-2016, 12:59 PM #87

Quote:

Fair comment T.S, and as always, I respect your opinion.

Truthfully? - I WISH Trump, Clinton AND the entire US Presidential Election had NEVER been discussed on here at all, because in the time I have been a member of Tibb, I have NEVER witnessed a more divisive subject which has, directly and indirectly, caused nothing but real friction and trouble, and created palpable rifts between once genuinely friendly members.

It is my genuine hope, that once time passes and this subject is - as you said - 'History', then those rifts may heal.

But I would NOT bet on it T.S.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 16-11-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 16-11-2016, 01:03 PM #88
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I think it is more a response to the constant verbal attacks on anyone who voted for Trump or argued in favour of his win over hers. Hilary was the only alternative to Trump so for people to attack others for 'supporting' Trump makes no sense.

People had their reasons for preferring Trump to Clinton, as is their right, but still the 'left leaning' supporters on here keep having digs and making the usual allegations of ' bigots' etc - why lay all the blame at the door of those that back him over her. Sounds rather one-sided.
..no one was attacked for supporting Trump and there definitely wasn't 'one side' either with those who preferred Hilary as being the lesser of two evils being accused of supporting some really awful things that was felt she was a part of..but this all really is going back, which is fairly much not going anywhere positive in the election being over now and a more positive approach with the outcome...
Old 16-11-2016, 01:06 PM #89
Banned

Banned

Quote:

Unless you consider opinions that aren't yours an attack then there wasn't many incidents of people being attacked on this forum for being Trump fans.

If anything it's the opposite with all these 'Loony Left' 'Remoaners' and 'Sour Grapes' comments aimed at anyone who isn't Right Wing.
Old 16-11-2016, 01:18 PM #90
-

-

Quote:

I have literally not seen one person allude to racism / bigotry / misogyny etc. in any of these threads based purely on someone having supported / spoken positively of Trump in general. I have seen those responses in threads where people have given things as reasons for their support, and the comments are directed squarely at those sorts of comments. Not the "general Trump support".

To put it more bluntly, and in a way that will likely be "frowned upon"... there are plenty of members here who have expressed Trump support whose demeanor and motivation I don't question at all. Who are respectful and, even when it gets heated, at least earnest. There are others who I think are trying to "get a reaction" simply because it will please them, and are frustrated because there are no genuine Hillary Clinton supporters here for them to bait. It's boring. The only thing MORE boring is having to "play by the rules" and not call these people out .

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 16-11-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 16-11-2016, 01:23 PM #91
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Unless you consider opinions that aren't yours an attack then there wasn't many incidents of people being attacked on this forum for being Trump fans.

If anything it's the opposite with all these 'Loony Left' 'Remoaners' and 'Sour Grapes' comments aimed at anyone who isn't Right Wing.
Calling people 'bigots' for supporting Trump over Clinton or for generally having opinions different to yours it an attack. Instigating arguments with such comments is clearly going to experdite a response. Don't play the innocent.
Old 16-11-2016, 01:40 PM #92
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I have literally not seen one person allude to racism / bigotry / misogyny etc. in any of these threads based purely on someone having supported / spoken positively of Trump in general. I have seen those responses in threads where people have given things as reasons for their support, and the comments are directed squarely at those sorts of comments. Not the "general Trump support".

To put it more bluntly, and in a way that will likely be "frowned upon"... there are plenty of members here who have expressed Trump support whose demeanor and motivation I don't question at all. Who are respectful and, even when it gets heated, at least earnest. There are others who I think are trying to "get a reaction" simply because it will please them, and are frustrated because there are no genuine Hillary Clinton supporters here for them to bait. It's boring. The only thing MORE boring is having to "play by the rules" and not call these people out .
Personally I don't believe I have seen anyone on here offer any derogatory or insulting reasons for supporting Trump - nothing deserving of the 'bigot' allegations. Simply expressing concerns regarding the current level of immigration is not justification for such remarks.

But I have seen such comments banded about for nothing more. Hardly reasonable and hardly likely to provoke a reasonable response, by any reasonable person's standards.
Old 16-11-2016, 02:00 PM #93
Like a boss.

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Megan McKenna
CBB16: Farrah Abraham
Like a boss.

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Megan McKenna
CBB16: Farrah Abraham

Liberals are intolerant of anyone else's views. They can barely put up a decent argument without resorting to childish name calling when they don't like what the see.

It's not a shock that these same liberals took to the streets last week in America to smash people's properties and act like violent animals just because Trump is the President elect. American liberals are the worst offenders for bullying and using violence against anyone who doesn't share their views points.

They act like children when they don't get their way. Anyone who has a different view than them is called a racist, homophobic, misogynist etc.

Last edited by BB4fan; 16-11-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 16-11-2016, 02:02 PM #94
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB4fan View Post
People in general are intolerant of anyone else's views. They can barely put up a decent argument without resorting to childish name calling when they don't like what the see.
Fixed your post.
Old 16-11-2016, 02:11 PM #95
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Liberals are intolerant of anyone else's views. They can barely put up a decent argument without resorting to childish name calling when they don't like what the see.

It's not a shock that these same liberals took to the streets last week in America to smash people's properties and act like violent animals just because Trump is the President elect. American liberals are the worst offenders for bullying and using violence against anyone who doesn't share their views points.

They act like children when they don't get their way. Anyone who has a different view than them is called a racist, homophobic, misogynist etc.
that's a very sweeping generalisation to make

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 16-11-2016, 02:37 PM #96
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

Oh yeah?! You social justice warrior..... Might have known the PC brigade of the new moral army would rock up on their high horses!!

Sound familiar?...
Old 16-11-2016, 02:37 PM #97
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Calling people 'bigots' for supporting Trump over Clinton or for generally having opinions different to yours it an attack. Instigating arguments with such comments is clearly going to experdite a response. Don't play the innocent.
When did I say that all Trump supporters are bigots? Go on, find it.
Old 16-11-2016, 02:37 PM #98
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Oh yeah?! You social justice warrior..... Might have known the PC brigade of the new moral army would rock up on their high horses!!

Sound familiar?...
Don't forget those hateful remoaners and their sour grapes!
Old 16-11-2016, 04:58 PM #99
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
When did I say that all Trump supporters are bigots? Go on, find it.
Where did I say that, I confronted you about calling some Trump supporters on here 'bigots' for expressing opinions not in keeping with you own. I have lost count of the amount of times I have seen you use that word on here.
Old 16-11-2016, 06:12 PM #100
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Where did I say that, I confronted you about calling some Trump supporters on here 'bigots' for expressing opinions not in keeping with you own. I have lost count of the amount of times I have seen you use that word on here.
And where, pray tell, did I call anyone on hear a bigot just for supporting Trump? Go on, I'll wait.

Are you saying that there are no bigots who support Trump? Do you not believe the KKK to be bigots? The Tea Party? various extreme right wing groups that pledged their support to him?

There are bigots that support Trump, Fact. He came to political prominence because of his stance on Immigrants and muslims, Fact. To act like racists and bigots don't form a sizable part of his target audience is denying reality.

He didn't become president because of his flawed economic policies....

Last edited by Tom4784; 16-11-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hillary, liberal, peaceful, supporters, tolerant