Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:35 AM #151
Banned

Banned

I'm on Chapter 5 now. I've spent most of my time doing sidequests though.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:09 PM #152
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I'm on Chapter 5 now. I've spent most of my time doing sidequests though.
I'm only on chapter 3... I spent like an hour and a half today killing Iron Giants at night in the first area and now I'm like level 18... massively over-levelled for the main quest... wups.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:04 PM #153
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I've been driving hither and dither, its kinda cool, planning road trips and thinking how long it would take, if we'd reach there before night, ect.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:40 AM #154
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post
I'm only on chapter 3... I spent like an hour and a half today killing Iron Giants at night in the first area and now I'm like level 18... massively over-levelled for the main quest... wups.
Turns out I wasn't even on Chapter 3 - I was still on chapter 2 (the first little area).
Old 04-12-2016, 01:48 AM #155
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I dun did it

Now time to do all the extra stuff!
Old 04-12-2016, 02:23 AM #156
Banned

Banned

Still on Chapter 8. just doing a bunch of sidequests before moving on.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:52 AM #157
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I was gonna do that, but got too tempted, lol
Old 04-12-2016, 02:54 PM #158

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):

What's everyone's opinion of this? I've been really looking forward to playing it for years but now it finally came out I'm oddly uninterested in rushing out to buy it any time soon.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:29 PM #159
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
What's everyone's opinion of this? I've been really looking forward to playing it for years but now it finally came out I'm oddly uninterested in rushing out to buy it any time soon.
I'm enjoying it a lot, the game itself is great, but recently realised this: it doesn't set up the story at the start... AT ALL. If you haven't seen the film (Kingsglaive) I can't see how someone coming straight in would have ANY idea what's going on . In fact I would recommend watching the Brotherhood anime, too.

I don't know if I'm missing something? It really does just throw you in as if you already know who all of the main 4 plus Lunafreya are... Plus the politics of what's going on with the war. The characters are set up well in Brotherhood and the politics is explained well enough in Kingsglaive, so for those of us who watched them, it's fine and it really felt like "continuing where we left off". But for those who haven't seen them I feel like there's a massive story gap there? It's assumed that you already know the setting. Odd, really.

Only other gripe is that I was expecting better framerate on the Pro in 1080p. I know there's supposedly a patch coming for this in December but currently it's only in the 30-40 for range, which is still better than vanilla, but as a mainly PC gamer I personally struggle slightly with anything below 50...

Also, not really a gripe, but... At the beginning of the game, magic is HILARIOUSLY over-powered . But nuking things is sort of fun anyway and you can always just not collect any to avoid the temptation.

... ... Warping back and forward (warp to point / warp strike & repeat) is also sort of broken.

But I suppose it is FF. And it's nowhere near as broken as FF8's junction system and that's still my fav...
Old 04-12-2016, 04:21 PM #160

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

i heard it can be difficult to understand the story but i've also heard people say that in general the story isn't all that good anyway? so maybe it doesn't matter. i might buy it in a few months when it's cheaper, i still have about five games i've barely started that i need to get through anyway !!
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:26 PM #161
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
i heard it can be difficult to understand the story but i've also heard people say that in general the story isn't all that good anyway? so maybe it doesn't matter. i might buy it in a few months when it's cheaper, i still have about five games i've barely started that i need to get through anyway !!
I think the story is decent, it's just that (like I said) it seems like a lot of the story is told outside the game in the other associated material... It seems like an odd choice. It really stands out at the end of the prologue chapter, which is where Kingsglaive would fit in. It shows various clips from that but... It's a 90 minute + movie and its covered in a couple of minutes. If I hadn't already seen the movie, I'm pretty sure I would have had NO IDEA what had actually happened... And also *minor spoiler but from very early game*
Spoiler:

No idea how Lunafreya managed to survive, which is really what the movie is about. Or what the significance of the ring she has is. This seems to all be assumed as "known"...
Old 04-12-2016, 05:39 PM #162
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I think the reason Kingsglaive exists is, they needed to tell the story of Insomnia, but couldn't manage to do it in the game itself, since, back in the Versus days, Insomnia was a huge part of the story. It's just one of those things that happen after 10 years of development, personally I think the game is great, you can't really tell it was in development hell, for so long, unlike other games. I don't think we'll get the same issues when it comes to XVI.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:21 PM #163
Banned

Banned

They had to cut and change a lot since Versus was apparently meant to be a trilogy but they opted to tell the whole story in one game instead.

Kingsglaive is pretty disparate for a rather vital part of the overall story. Luna looks and acts completely different, they don't mention the whole oracle business at all which is a bit confusing. It does help the start of the game make a little more sense though.

FFXV is pretty good, there's a few annoyances (bad camera, the battle controls sometimes feel a bit sluggish, traveling takes a bit of getting used to) but I've been hooked thus far.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:15 PM #164
-

-

Quote:
They had to cut and change a lot since Versus was apparently meant to be a trilogy but they opted to tell the whole story in one game instead.

Kingsglaive is pretty disparate for a rather vital part of the overall story. Luna looks and acts completely different, they don't mention the whole oracle business at all which is a bit confusing. It does help the start of the game make a little more sense though.

FFXV is pretty good, there's a few annoyances (bad camera, the battle controls sometimes feel a bit sluggish, traveling takes a bit of getting used to) but I've been hooked thus far.
I genuinely have been OK with the travel, but I agree on the camera to an extent especially when it comes to warp points.

I also am AWFUL at dodging / blocking / parrying but that might just be me . I just warp around a lot instead, or fire up an ally's ability if a heavy hit is coming because I'm pretty sure that makes everyone invulnerable for the duration? Another slightly cheesy / broken aspect of combat... I actually feel like they might patch some of these things eventually.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:19 PM #165
Banned

Banned

Also Prompto is ****ing USELESS.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:21 PM #166
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I genuinely have been OK with the travel, but I agree on the camera to an extent especially when it comes to warp points.

I also am AWFUL at dodging / blocking / parrying but that might just be me . I just warp around a lot instead, or fire up an ally's ability if a heavy hit is coming because I'm pretty sure that makes everyone invulnerable for the duration? Another slightly cheesy / broken aspect of combat... I actually feel like they might patch some of these things eventually.
I'm okay with the travel now but it takes some getting used to.

I just get annoyed at camera angles that highlight foliage rather than the battle I'm in the middle of.

The combat's at it's best in boss battles, I feel like fighting multiple enemies really exposes it's weaknesses and how clunky it can be at times.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:26 PM #167
-

-

Quote:
I'm okay with the travel now but it takes some getting used to.

I just get annoyed at camera angles that highlight foliage rather than the battle I'm in the middle of.

The combat's at it's best in boss battles, I feel like fighting multiple enemies really exposes it's weaknesses and how clunky it can be at times.
Yes, especially when you're fighting a group of 6 or 7 on a hunt and then they dump 10 soldiers on your head without you noticing, and then another group of scorpion things wander in, so now there's like 30 in a crazy cluster and you can't target anything at all.

Though that's when aforementioned magic-nuke is most fun...
Old 05-12-2016, 12:34 PM #168
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

This is... hilarious, lmao

Old 07-12-2016, 11:10 AM #169
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I hope you are all enjoying Final Fantasy XV!

It’s been exciting to see players around the world take to this new style of Final Fantasy. Thanks to your support, we shipped five million units worldwide on our release day! We are truly grateful to all of you who picked up a copy.

As I’ve said before, release day is not the end for Final Fantasy XV, and I would like to share some of the things we have in store. The great reception we have received has actually allowed us to expand our plans even further.

We want you to enjoy Final Fantasy XV for a long time to come. We have been listening to your ideas on how to make the game experience even better, and so in addition to the previously announced content, we’ll be providing free updates to the game throughout the coming year.

Our early plans are to enrich certain aspects of the game, adding gameplay enhancements for Chapter 13, buffing
Spoiler:

ring magic
, etc. We’ll have the specifics of what and when for you at a later date.

After that, we’re hoping to delve deeper into the story, adding scenes that will give you new insight into character motivations, such as why
Spoiler:

Ravus walked the path he did
. We will need a little time with these, as they’ll need to be localized and voiced in other languages, but we’ll let you know the details once everything is set.

For the long term, we are looking at making certain key characters playable, and even considering the possibility of customizable avatars, in addition to other features over time.

Other features we have in mind include letting you carry over stats from a previous playthrough, and adding items that introduce new playstyles, such as low-level runs and god mode. We’re also examining readability tweaks - increasing font size - for certain languages. On top of that, we’re looking at content you can enjoy in real-time, including new bosses with exclusive rewards and achievements, and limited-time hunts.

Hajime Tabata
Glad to hear that they are doing this, the game is already very good in its current form, but to have extra FREE updates that make the story and gameplay even more robust is a massive plus.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:57 AM #170
Banned

Banned

Hmm, I might hold off my progress if they're adding more story elements.

I'm on Chapter 10 now, the storyline is so problematic so far. I'm still enjoying the game itself though.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:49 PM #171
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

The second half of the game is decent enough, though it does feel that you are rushed toward the climax, and a lot of side character's stories are left unfinished.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:58 PM #172
Banned

Banned

Finished it. I loved the game itself but the story is easily the worst of any FF ever.

Spoiler:

Which is really annoying given that there are great moments but they're marred by a lack of character development, half the story seemingly being cut out and the fact that everything happens offscreen.

The ending would have been amazing if there was an emotional attachment from the player but there simply isn't because the story is rushed and there's not many attempts to adhere the characters to the player.

Ardyn as a villain fails because they tried to do another Kefka-esque villain but it didn't work since Kefka worked because he didn't seem like a main villain, there was never any doubt with Ardyn.

Lunafreya and Noct's relationship falls on it's arse because we're given no time to care for it which is ridiculous given that they are in the main logo of the game. More of the Road Trip section of the game should have been used to develop the supporting cast, it annoys me how someone like Cor disappears with little explanation when you'd think he'd be important and I simply didn't care about Luna when she died because she was basically a plot device.

The story is just a mess and I've got a feeling that it was designed that way so that the cut story elements happen in the DLC.

Loved the game though, just a shame about the story.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:31 PM #173
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Found the secret dungeon, its very very different, to say the least
Old 12-12-2016, 05:37 PM #174
-

-

OK so I'm now level 43, 32 hours played, and still at the start of chapter 3 (just had the boring tour of the town by Gladio's li'l sister). The next storyline mission suggests level 10. . I may have taken the procrastination a little far.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:12 PM #175
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
OK so I'm now level 43, 32 hours played, and still at the start of chapter 3 (just had the boring tour of the town by Gladio's li'l sister). The next storyline mission suggests level 10. . I may have taken the procrastination a little far.
Lmao, you're gonna murderise all the monsters

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2012, 29th, abbey, anime, brotherhood, coming, concert, delayed, e3, ep4, fantasy, final, footage, free, gameplay, gun, missing, november, revealed, road, trailer, versus, weapons, xiii, xv