Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB19 Celebrity Big Brother January 2017 [CBB 19] [All Stars and New Stars] was won by Coleen Nolan.

Old 14-02-2017, 08:14 PM #1

Default I still felt so bad for Jedward

CBB19 tends to get positive feedback, although really there was only a small few I and maybe others actually enjoyed. Amongst those for me were Jedward and the treatment they received is something that can't be ignored and because it hasn't got it's own post yet, I may as well do it, considering there was a post on Alicia in CBB15 just a week ago.

Ok, it's perfectly fine to say Jedward are or would be annoying to live with. I get it. They have a bit of an inflated ego, love stardom a lot and are overly theatrical sometimes. I have no problem with other housemates having issue with that. What I do take issue with is the specific wording that was used against Jedward.

"You're 25 year old men!" was the line blurted at them at least ten times. I find this remark to be completely classist towards them as a whole. What makes you think you should dictate how 25 year olds live their life? If they want to dress up in empty pizza or popcorn boxes, let them. Fine whatever, think it's slightly irritating but at the end of the day, it's not harming anyone. This isn't Bear making a coffee cocktail in order to make everyone upset. This is Jedward having a private laugh with each other. Newsflash James J and Nicola, not all 25 year olds act the same. Maybe I'm coming across like I'm over-reacting about it but I don't care. Not all 25 year olds have to act really mannerly and lack quirkiness.

The reason I know Jedward mean no ill-intent is because I watched CBB8 recently and on that the entire house said they're completely harmless and just want a laugh. Ok, find them annoying? Great, you're entitled to that. But don't dictate over what they should or shouldn't do. To turn the quote around, THEY are 25 year old men and THEY are able to take care of themselves. They've made it perfectly clear that they're just free spirits who want to enjoy life. If that's not hurting you, then let them enjoy it
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 08:20 PM #2

I agree with all of that they were completely harmless and sure some people won't like them, but they didn't hurt anyone and I don't think they were ever malicious or anything. The whole 'act like men' thing I also found silly, it doesn't really mean anything, and also people want housemates to be genuine, yet they also want them to put on an act? idgi. That's just who they are, and they're 25 year old men, there's not really a lot else to it really.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 08:35 PM #3
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Excellent post EpicD.
Totally right.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 09:32 PM #4

So why do you feel bad for them?...they are free spirits..they can behave how they want to..and they did. They live in their own little Jedward world and they will continue to do so. They came 2nd..that was an achievement and they were happy with that and they will continue to be who they are no matter what people think...but at the end of the day they didn't have enough support to get the win. Whatever people's opinion of their behaviour..that's for the public and forum members to comment on based on their feelings. We all judge...it's human nature..right or wrong it's opinion.
Don't feel bad...because I am sure Jedward are more than happy with their runner up spot.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 10:03 PM #5
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

I do think the housemates were overly harsh on Jedward sometimes. Even though i understand they most likely are quite hard to live with.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 12:39 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderyon View Post
I do think the housemates were overly harsh on Jedward sometimes. Even though i understand they most likely are quite hard to live with.

I think it's difficult to judge....there is so much we were not privy to.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bad, felt, jedward