Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 19-12-2016, 12:28 AM #26
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

I saw it the other day and I had only seen 1 star wars movie and wasn't really a fan of the franchise and can say I loved this film. So I imagine star wins fans will really love it
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 04:31 AM #27
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Saw it last week and it was brilliant! Hoping there.will be more spin off Star Wars movies
Old 19-12-2016, 08:54 AM #28
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Saw it yesterday, it was alright but no where near as good as the last Star Wars film

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 07:26 PM #29

Just watched it and I LOVED it!

I didn't have that many expectations with it being a spin off so I wouldn't have been disappointed really even if it was just average but I thought it was brilliant! Not as good as TFA but still great in it's own right and actually being a spin off made it better in some respects, I thought it was able to do things that a 'normal' Star Wars movie wouldn't do and it took advantage of those opportunities. Overall I loved the darker tone of it, the special effects were incredible, the characters, the story, everything was great!

Spoiler:

I loved all the characters but my stand out favourites were K-2SO (Sheldon Cooper teas? ) and Chirrut

The special effects were great but in particular, one of my favourite scenes was when the Death Star struck Jedha, seeing the impact from the ground and the characters fleeing the tidal wave of rock, it was epic. And special effects aside it was just a great scene to have, seeing the destruction from the point of view of the people being hit.

I thought The Force and the power of it was presented really well. Obviously it's been done so many times over the course of the films but the scene where Chirrut is walking towards the switch thing and using the force to get him there safely for example, it's one of my favourite ever force-related scenes.

One thing that I loved which would never have been possible in a normal Star Wars movie was having all of the main characters dying, and I thought all the deaths were executed really well. And to have so many deaths of main characters and not lose interest or have any diminishing emotional impact, and then to even kill off Jyn as well, I thought it was brave and all done superbly, and some of those scenes are up there with the best in the franchise imo. Jyn's dad, K-2SO, Chirrut, Baze, Saw, The Pilot, and of course Jyn and Cassian hugging while they wait to be 'blasted into oblivion' I found all of their deaths really powerful.

And the bad guy, Orson, was also brilliant. His death scene was definitely one of my favourites from the film, having him lying there and seeing the Death Star appear, the knowing look on his face that he was about to be destroyed by the weapon he created. It was great.

And OMG Darth Vader! He wasn't in it much but he was used perfectly and his scenes are great. His "don't choke on your aspirations" (I think it was) line but especially the scene where he's cutting through the Rebel troops at the end, just the whole setting of it, the fear of the troops, I loved it and I actually think it's one of the best Darth Vader scenes ever.

Oh and Leia being there in the final scene blew me away, I had no idea that was going to happen and I could have cried Ugh it was so good.

My only faults... there was no opening crawl (but yeah I guess maybe it would have been out of place in a spin off?) but something else which was my only real issue with the story, was when Jyn was trying to convince the Rebels to help get the Death Star plans and they decided against it. I know from the films point of view it was best that the Rogue One crew went on their own and have the Rebels join them later, and it was a better film for doing that, I just think they could have written the set up of it better because from a story point of view, it didn't make much sense to me. I thought Jyn had a really strong argument and yeah I just didn't really understand why they were against helping, I get the danger aspect of it for them but still, they're Rebels. And when they eventually decided to help, the woman who was in charge seemed happy about it which suggested that she'd wanted the Rebels to help all along, in which case why didn't she put up any kind of argument for it herself instead of (very quickly) settling on the decision that they wouldn't help out? Maybe I missed something, I don't know, when I watch it again I'm going to pay closer attention to those scenes I think.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 07:28 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Spoiler:

I think the over-thought themselves trying to explain the flaw in the Death Star. If you were going to build in a exploitable flaw, why make it so difficult to hit (the exhaust port).
Spoiler:

Oh I loved the explanation of that I thought the hologram scene was great and I don't think it would have been as good with a lesser explanation tbh, but also I just think it adds so much to A New Hope, and without ret-conning anything, I really admired that they were able to do that. I think as well that in building the exploitation flaw, they'd have to prioritise it being kept hidden over being easy to hit, and it would probably be difficult to achieve both.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 03:46 PM #31

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Ugh just left cinema and I'm completely slain. Definitely in my top 3 Star Wars film.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 04:07 PM #32

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighmie View Post
Spoiler:

One thing that I loved which would never have been possible in a normal Star Wars movie was having all of the main characters dying, and I thought all the deaths were executed really well. And to have so many deaths of main characters and not lose interest or have any diminishing emotional impact, and then to even kill off Jyn as well, I thought it was brave and all done superbly, and some of those scenes are up there with the best in the franchise imo. Jyn's dad, K-2SO, Chirrut, Baze, Saw, The Pilot, and of course Jyn and Cassian hugging while they wait to be 'blasted into oblivion' I found all of their deaths really powerful.
Spoiler:

I really loved this too. It was really emotional and bitter sweet to see all these brave character die but know it wouldn't be in vain. Jyn and Cassian hugging at the end awaiting their fate </3
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 01:22 AM #33

DVD trailer.

James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
announced, rogue, shown, star, teaser, trailer, wars