Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:52 PM #126
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
If your statement about the reactions to the actions of a few were correct there wouldn't be the problems throughout Europe that there are. If it were just an insignificant few causing a few problems previously tolerant countries such as Sweden and Germany would not be re-thinking their position.

I have never said all Muslims are radical or share bigoted views but the number who do is significantly more than a few - that really is laughable. The more that come here the more radical Muslims will be living among us - that is the law of averages.

I personally dissaprove of the religon because it is filled with hate to many groups including Jews, Hindus, blacks, women, other Muslims, the list goes on. It is and never has been a tolerant or peaceful religion and brings little to our society with all its hate and double standards. At the very least we should be vetting everyone we let into our country and only take those that will enhance our country and its values.

Who used the word 'savages' certainly wasn't me - so once again no words in mouth please. You interpret based on your own perceptions the same as you accuse me of doing so your words are no more valid than mine - it is all about views and perception.

The difference being that if I am wrong then cultural diversity might not be quite as rich as maybe you would like but if you are wrong this country could become a very difficult place to live in the future as multiculturalism has never worked and only heightens the differences in cultures and belief systems which iin turn creates division and segregation.
You know it's funny, you and your friends pretty much scream at people for proof for every little thing yet you make statements like this and have never provided any proof to back it up. Where are the receipts for this claim?

All religion is filled with hate, have you never read the old testament? Judging an entire religion by ancient scripture alone is never going to paint a pretty picture of any religion. Most people who follow religion pick and choose the passages they wish to follow. A lot of Christians certainly don't consider eating shellfish a sin nor do they consider the mixture of clothing materials to be a grave matter. There's easily passages in the bible that a terrorist group could use to attempt to justify their acts but they don't represent the majority and nor does extremists represent the average muslim.

I hate all organised religion but I find the idea of hating one religion yet being fine with the others when they are all guilty of the same **** to be insufferably hypocritical. My view is that, when it comes to religion, I'll judge the individual, not the whole because only an ignorant person would speak in broad strokes.

This country has been multicultural since it's ascension from our ancestors living in mud huts. People who claim that multiculturism is a bad thing and fear the future ultimately don't know where they've come from.

Funny how you've found a way to bring up immigration in a thread completely unrelated to immigration. Do you not think that people aren't vetted when they apply for asylum? Do you believe we welcome all who come to this country with a Semi Detached house and a brand new car? Immigration as an issue is just a shiny set of keys to jingle in the public's face to distract them from the fact the tories want to privatise everything. Nothing is going to change about it, our economy is reliant on migrant workforces.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:31 PM #127
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald. View Post
Never thought I'd say these words but I agree with Vanessa Feltz. R
Why
Old 05-03-2017, 07:03 PM #128
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
To be fair... and of course at the risk of stereotyping... how many take-aways are owned by Muslim owners? The answer is "a lot". And how many of those take-aways refuse to serve gay couples? The answer is "I've never heard of any!". There is a likelihood that those owners are "not really OK in principle" with homosexuality but they don't then refuse service based on that... and also, more importantly based on your complete strawman argument that "people would be fine with it if it was Muslims!"... no, I don't think people WOULD be ok with it if the local take-away started refusing to serve gay couples.
Serving food is slightly different, the cake was to be part of a marriage celebration

Last edited by Cherie; 05-03-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:20 PM #129

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Chinese, indians, chippys, wimpeys, mac d...all well known muslim owned takeaways.....get a grip ffs.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:53 AM #130
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Why are we talking about Muslims again?... Every topic it's 'but what about the Muslims!?'...
This isn't about them, I think it's established that it would be as bad if they acted as these bakers did.

No, it's the wonderful and tolerant Christians.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
$135, 000, cake, find, lesbian, refused, usabakers