Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 15-03-2017, 04:42 AM #1
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel
Default Is it a good or bad thing that the USA leads the world?

Or would it be better to let the world sort itself out? Looking at the activity in the Middle East over the last 15 years, I can't help but think everyone would be better off if we didn't meddle in the affairs of a region content to live in the dark ages. And I don't see why the US is responsible for keeping North Korea in check when it is really South Korea and Japan's problem. I think we and the world would be better off if we looked internally and stopped getting involved with the rest of the world. Whatever goes wrong we seem to be blamed anyways.
Liberty4eva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 07:08 AM #2
-

-

Oh my, I didn't realise that the rhetoric in the US was actually so effective in misleading the citizens! The US doesn't "meddle" in places like the Middle East to try to help them or sort them out like a wayward child... They have vested interests there. And complex issues with Russia spanning nearly a century. For all of his faults, at least Mr Trump admits all of this quite openly.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 07:35 AM #3
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
Or would it be better to let the world sort itself out? Looking at the activity in the Middle East over the last 15 years, I can't help but think everyone would be better off if we didn't meddle in the affairs of a region content to live in the dark ages. And I don't see why the US is responsible for keeping North Korea in check when it is really South Korea and Japan's problem. I think we and the world would be better off if we looked internally and stopped getting involved with the rest of the world. Whatever goes wrong we seem to be blamed anyways.
America is always expected to intervene when minorities/innocents are being murdered in religious wars in the East but then heavily criticised when there are innocent casualties of that intervention.

Opposers of American intervention are quick to justify American deaths as collateral damage but scream blue murder when native innocents are accidentally killed during those interventions. Damed if they do, damned if they don't. It is a no win situation. But it does give American haters the excuse to portray Americans as the 'big bad wolf'.

Opposers shout about American interests, but this is, in my opinion, just a distraction tactic and again an attempt to blame America and the West for all the world's ills. Maybe we should just leave them to it and let them kill each other.

Last edited by Brillopad; 15-03-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 10:01 AM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Oh my, I didn't realise that the rhetoric in the US was actually so effective in misleading the citizens! The US doesn't "meddle" in places like the Middle East to try to help them or sort them out like a wayward child... They have vested interests there. And complex issues with Russia spanning nearly a century. For all of his faults, at least Mr Trump admits all of this quite openly.
This really.The US government doesn't go into wars just to help people.If they did they would be intervening in many more countries.In Africa for example.They always have a vested interest and if they help people in the process then that's a bonus.
However we can't just make America out to be the evil of the world just because they're the most powerful.Most countries do exactly the same.
Look at Russia in Syria.They don't care about IS.They are in there to stop the west taking out the Assad regime while bombing the crap out of the western backed 'rebels' along with IS and aid convoys.
Along with their actions in Ukraine to protect their interests in the Black Sea after a possibly western backed revolution/coup.
It's a big power struggle/proxy war.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 10:02 AM #5

The only real war is about control over oil and gas. Religion and barbarianism is just a smokescreen. All this is about which of the big superpower will get most of the oil and who is funding terrorism to achieve their own aims.

I love America as a country, I love the American people, one of whom is my best friend but I don't like the American government, just as I don't like the British government and actually I do feel there's a kind of war intensifying, between people of tolerance, education and goodwill versus religious/racial hatred and wilful ignorance in all factions in all nations.
Old 15-03-2017, 10:24 AM #6
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
I do feel there's a kind of war intensifying, between people of tolerance, education and goodwill versus religious/racial hatred and wilful ignorance in all factions in all nations.
There definitely is on TiBB anyway . Me and LT were named generals at one point but it's been quiet lately because he's literally always drunk.

(Not just a jokey post btw, I actually do agree with you, I see this absolutely everywhere now and increasing. It's spilled over from "internet wars" to the real world, with ... erm... "passionate" political debates between the opposing sides you mention being a regular occurrence lately. I think TiBB SD&N is actually a pretty accurate microcosm.)
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bad, good, leads, thing, usa, world