Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 15-05-2017, 05:16 PM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default Brothers jailed for 40 years for grooming young girls as young as 14.

Quote:
Brothers who used their family corner shop business to groom girls as young as 14 with free sweets and crisps are jailed for 40 years

Ilvarasan Rajenthiram, 25, and Vinothan Rajenthiram, 27, used their convenience stores to groom teenage girls in the Wirral with free sweets and crisps
Nine girls, mostly aged between 14 and 16, were targeted as their visited shops
Brothers gained friendship of the girls by giving them free sweets and alcohol
Ilvarasan was sentenced to 18 years in jail, while Vinothan was jailed for 14 years Two brothers who used their convenience stores to groom teenage girls with free sweets and crisps have been jailed for committing a string of sexual offences.

Nine girls, mostly aged between 14 and 16, were targeted as they visited shops in the Wirral, Merseyside, owned by Ilvarasan Rajenthiram, 25, and Vinothan Rajenthiram, 27.

The brothers, from Birkenhead, gained the friendship of the girls by giving them free sweets, crisps and drinks, including alcohol, at their stores in Birkenhead, Walton and Garston between 2010 and 2016.
Ilvarasan Rajenthiram was today sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court to 18-and-a-half years in jail, plus an extended licence of four years, after he was earlier found guilty of 15 counts of sexual activity with a child, three counts of sexual assault and two counts of perverting the course of justice.

His older brother was jailed for 14 years, plus an extended licence of four years, after he was convicted of four counts of sexual assault, one rape, four counts of sexual activity with a child and one count of perverting the course of justice.
Both Sri Lankan men, known to their victims as 'Ara' and 'Vino', were ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register for life.

They had both denied all the allegations against them.

Following sentencing, Detective Superintendent Dave Brunskill said: 'These two men were calculating individuals who knew exactly what they were doing.

'In most cases they gained the trust of the young girls and then took the relationship further by coercing the girls, who were under the age of consent, to take part in sexual activity after plying them with alcohol.

'On other occasions they sexually assaulted other girls, who were with the girls already befriended by the offenders, who came into the shop.

'They are sexual predators who went to extraordinary lengths to groom their victims.

'The victims mistakenly believed that these men genuinely had feelings for them and they didn't realise that they were being groomed and sexually exploited.

'The realisation of the fact that they have been sexually exploited, used and abused has had a profound and lasting negative impact on these young women, which could impact on them as they move in to adulthood and could seriously affect their ability to trust people in the future.
'I hope that the conviction of these two men will help the victims to move on with their lives but I hope that it will also encourage other victims to come forward - no-one should have to suffer in silence.'

Dr Maggie Atkinson, chair of Wirral's Safeguarding Children Board, said: 'This is a tragic case. Our thoughts today are with the victims of these terrible crimes and their families.

'It has been a complex and extensive investigation, with Merseyside Police, social care, NHS and all public agencies working together in order to bring the perpetrators to justice and support the victims.

'On behalf of all public services in Wirral, I pledge to make sure these young women and their families continue to be provided with intensive support and care over the coming weeks and months.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oom-girls.html

It just begins to show that you really aren't safe anywhere, I know that the Daily Mail has an agenda here, but the fact that this happened in such a trivial place does make you paranoid about it happening in other places I think.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 05:20 PM #2

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Awful.
A lot of this grooming goes on nowadays, I thought it was more to do with the Internet, but it's going on all over.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 05:43 PM #3

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Dirty bastards have no regards for girls at all,I know what I'de like to do with the filthy gits.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 15-05-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 05:55 PM #4
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Dirty bastards have no regards for girls at all,I know what I'de like to do with the filthy gits.
Let's hope the creeps get a taste of their own medicine behind bars. Perverts like that are right at the Bottom of the pecking order even in there.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 06:07 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Let's hope the creeps get a taste of their own medicine behind bars. Perverts like that are right at the Bottom of the pecking order even in there.
To true Brillo,I hope their scrotums are infested by fleas.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
14, 40, brothers, girls, grooming, jailed, years, young