Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-06-2017, 02:44 PM #26
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's perfectly reasonable to point out that something needs to be done about the super rich buying up property in urban areas and letting it sit empty when urban space needs to be properly used. That's fine. That's a valid political point to bring up. Later.

The idea that families should simply squat in vacant properties is utterly ludicrous to the point that I don't even know where to start. It isn't feasible, it isn't practical, it isn't secure for the families themselves... The list of problems is endless and Corbyn KNOWS that, he knows it isn't realistic, he is making a CHEAP political point exploitatively at the expense of hundreds of suffering people and dozens of dead. It makes me really ****ing angry and if it isn't making other Corbyn supporters angry then... Yeah... I'm sorry but you ARE being blinkered and biased. What he and others are doing here is mercenary and repulsive.

I saw it days ago on the main thread about the fire and was poo-poo'd away, "it's not political! Everyone is united! You're wrong TS"!

As usual I was not bloody wrong and it's exactly the petty political sh**show on all sides that I said it was.
he is causing riots, hes a communist disruptor who dislikes his own country and is basically promoting vigilantism
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 04:32 PM #27
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Mr Corbyn said if emergency accommodation could be found for stranded airline passengers, then the victims of Grenfell Tower should get similar support. “Somehow or other, it seems to be beyond the wit of the public services to deal with the crisis facing a relatively small number of people in a country of 65 million,” he said.

Asked if Mr Corbyn's call to "occupy" was addressed to victims of the tragedy, his supporters or the Government a source close to the Labour leader said: "He was saying that everyone should be urgently housed in the borough."
Problem? Of course they should be housed.

If there are a bunch of empty properties then the council could buy them up with the 200m they have squandered

Edit. I don't actually see where he has encouraged squatting?
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-06-2017 at 04:33 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
corbyn, hard, left, real