Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 06-09-2007, 07:24 PM #1
Banned

Banned

Default People think so much of beauty, it\'s a flower which will decay

It is a true fact that most people are attracted to good looking men and women/ boys or girls -

we just can't help ourselves and even though - personality/having things in common with each other/good charisma + many other qualities seem to fall by the wayside - in comparison to good looks.

BUT, those lovely looks that we crave for soooooo much, won't last forever - we all know that. An 18 year old girl in 20 years time will be 38 years old, then add another 14 years on top of that and then you have a 52 year old. Time goes by and those good looks that you once had will diminish and fade away. This is not the opinion of everyone - [Beauty is in the eye of the beholder], and all that - so they say.

It's a cruel world sometimes - but beauty seems to be soooooo important and many women get past 40 years old and suddenly their man starts looking at younger women half that age, basically missing the youthful looks their girlfriend/partner once had. The same thing can apply to women, obviously - but perhaps not as much. Men are considered [bast*rds] who do this. But it is sooooooooo true and like the topic title says - people do think soooooooo much of beauty, but over time - that flower will decay and the young attractive girl you first went out with, is not soooooo beautiful and young anymore.

Any feelings about this? Is looks sooooooooo important? Have you been dumped for a prettier girl, younger. A more handsome boy, younger?
the_stillness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:56 PM #2
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

I'll forever look this gorgeous (LOL!).

I really don't go for good looks though, thats just a bonus. The personality is what stays forever.

Also, did you just post a picture of Billi as a good looking MALE? If anything, he's a pretty female.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:24 PM #3

To me, being young represents freshness and innocence rather than beauty. Only certain people can keep that kind of aura intact. I've seen plenty of older men and women who are still handsome or beautiful - really, as you say, beauty is just in the eye of the beholder.

In relationships, spending a lot of time together can reveal many things about the partners and in turn create a stronger and more intense bond between them, regardless of looks. That's why relationships based on personalities as well as looks fare so well - you seem to need a balance of both to be happy in a relationship.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:59 PM #4
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren

I really don't go for good looks though, thats just a bonus. The personality is what stays forever.

Also, did you just post a picture of Billi as a good looking MALE? If anything, he's a pretty female.
Ha! Lauren, as gorgeous as Chanelle - show us your pic them ha! - She's a beauty - I must say.

I think Lauren, if a good looking bloke came walking towards you and smiled at you, you would get that lovely feeling in your tummy and that real focused expession in your eyes - pointing right in his direction. It is the natural thing - but personality is also very important and also, finding someone who wants you as much as you want them - hard-to-get boys/girls do my head in!! ha! I am okay - I already have one and she's lovely in every department

Billi does look like a girl in some pics - I am thinking on your lines there, ha! But I just thought I'd picture two past Big Brother housemates as example - both models
Old 06-09-2007, 10:01 PM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
lol i dont no how you cope being so gorgeous
SiMoN! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:07 PM #6
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ash
To me, being young represents freshness and innocence rather than beauty. Only certain people can keep that kind of aura intact. I've seen plenty of older men and women who are still handsome or beautiful - really, as you say, beauty is just in the eye of the beholder.

In relationships, spending a lot of time together can reveal many things about the partners and in turn create a stronger and more intense bond between them, regardless of looks. That's why relationships based on personalities as well as looks fare so well - you seem to need a balance of both to be happy in a relationship.
I'll certainly agree to most of that Ash. However - looks are very important to many people and even though you may be in a great relationship - as the years fly by, it is easy to get bored of one another and when boredom sets in and the arguments increase - which they sometimes do, then the balance between - disagreements, arguments and basically - [looking older] can certainly come into play when splitting up.

If a woman of 30 who has been out with a guy for 10 years and he is now 45 and age has withered him badly and he has certainly aged in those past 10 years, but his girlfriend is still very attractive - then there will be plenty of admirers - men much younger, fitter and more appealing to the eye. That becomes the temptation to wonder elsewhere - cheat and eventually end, what you once had
Old 06-09-2007, 10:58 PM #7

Im pleased with how i look at 45 i look after myself well alot of people say how do you do it well its everything in moderation i think i dont smoke so my face is not wringled i dont drink so i dont have a beer belly!!I walk alot so i dont have much cellulite.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:06 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jackie46
Im pleased with how i look at 45 i look after myself well alot of people say how do you do it well its everything in moderation i think i dont smoke so my face is not wringled i dont drink so i dont have a beer belly!!I walk alot so i dont have much cellulite.
You'll have to change your username to jackie45 then, ha! - or are you just thinking ahead?

I love being two-little-ducks 22 but my girlfriends mum is very paranoid about her age and her looks and to be honest, it has really got to her and made her terribly depressed. Her husband keeps saying that she is still beautiful - but when he walks down the street, he does look at the gorgeous babes that just happen to be walking around with not much on
Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 PM #9

Typical man all man look at girls it a man thing it doesnt mean they love you less .
Old 06-09-2007, 11:16 PM #10
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jackie46
Typical man all man look at girls it a man thing it doesnt mean they love you less .

But just loooooooooooooooook at those Twinnies ha!

He'd look at them for sure
Old 06-09-2007, 11:19 PM #11

Yes they are cute of course man/boys are going to look at them but if youre fat or ugly and your boyfriends oggling them it desnt make you feel so good.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
beauty, decay, flower, it's, people