Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 18-08-2017, 08:24 AM #3801
-

-

I read a theory that

Spoiler:

Jon will ride the Wight/Ice Dragon. With the dragons connection to the targaryen bloodline extending beyond death, Jon will manage to take control of it in battle and it will turn on the walkers. Apparently there's been a theory about an ice dragon floating about for ages; some speculating that there might be one frozen inside the wall... But it'll now probably be viseryon.

It does make sense for the "song of ice and fire", with Jon being g "ice".
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 09:31 AM #3802
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I read a theory that

Spoiler:

Jon will ride the Wight/Ice Dragon. With the dragons connection to the targaryen bloodline extending beyond death, Jon will manage to take control of it in battle and it will turn on the walkers. Apparently there's been a theory about an ice dragon floating about for ages; some speculating that there might be one frozen inside the wall... But it'll now probably be viseryon.

Oh I love that theory, I hope it happens

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 09:45 AM #3803
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
That was probably the worst episode of GoT ever.

Spoiler:

And it was all because of the poor TV-esque forced conflict between Sansa and Arya as well as the continued out of nowhere Dany paranoia at the beginning.

Neither Arya or Sansa are dumb but they are being made purposefully dumb in order to force this storyline along. Arya would have understood Sansa's perspective if this was any other season and Sansa wouldn't have been dumb enough to buy into Littlefinger's obvious plot. It's contrived and it's piss poor writing. The plot should fit around the characters, characters shouldn't be changed to fit the plot.

Dany questioning everyone that has stuck with her thus far for no other reason then to create a bit of conflict is equally annoying especially considering her scenes in the last half of the episode where she felt like a completely different character. The paranoia scenes go against everything they've developed with Dany so far and they stick out like a sore thumb. She's a positively schizophrenic character at this point and it's purely down to these poorly written scenes. It makes no narrative sense for Daenerys to doubt Tyrion after everything, it's just another forced plot contrivance.

The rest of the episode with the Westeros Avengers beyond the wall was really good but the bad writing in the other scenes just completely ruined the episode for me. I liked how it ended although I admit I'm getting quite bored of the White Walkers, there's only so much you can do with a villain that is essentially a force of nature rather than a character especially in a show like this which is very much character focused. Unless the Night King suddenly becomes chatty and interesting, I'm not looking forward to a potential season of him. I'm hoping my theory from last week is correct and they are dealt with quickly as the main narrative pull of the White Walkers is seeing how everyone will work together and the writers have set up that alliance already and it'll probably happen in the next episode. Anything else in the White Walker storyline ultimately feels like padding.

Viserion's death was well done and sad although the first trailer for this season that showed a dragon with blue eyes spoiled the twist and we could have done without. It's nice that the writers remembered for a few moments that Daenerys isn't a random paranoid mess too and I liked the cementing of the alliance between her and Jon.

Poor Thoros gettting such a crappy death.
I did love the episode but

Spoiler:

I agree with you about the Arya/Sansa scenes, I hate that they're making me dislike Arya when she's been my favourite character from the start

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 18-08-2017, 09:54 AM #3804
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I did love the episode but

Spoiler:

I agree with you about the Arya/Sansa scenes, I hate that they're making me dislike Arya when she's been my favourite character from the start
Spoiler:

My hope is that it'll all turn out to be some sort of ruse against Littlefinger... like they've been onto him from the start and know he's hiding in the shadows watching (not least because it makes ZERO sense that Arya wouldn't know she's being watched) and so, knowing that his plan is to cause division between them, they're "playing along" to let him think that he's winning. Once they figure out what he's actually up to they'll both turn on him.

That's my hope anyway . Otherwise they've just undone 7 seasons of character development for both of them .
Old 18-08-2017, 10:02 AM #3805
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler:

My hope is that it'll all turn out to be some sort of ruse against Littlefinger... like they've been onto him from the start and know he's hiding in the shadows watching (not least because it makes ZERO sense that Arya wouldn't know she's being watched) and so, knowing that his plan is to cause division between them, they're "playing along" to let him think that he's winning. Once they figure out what he's actually up to they'll both turn on him.

That's my hope anyway . Otherwise they've just undone 7 seasons of character development for both of them .
Yeah, that's literally the only scenario that will redeem all this stuff tbh

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 18-08-2017, 11:21 AM #3806
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yeah, that's literally the only scenario that will redeem all this stuff tbh
It's him standing watching Arya that really gets me! Like there was an entire half season long storyline where she was blind, for several months... it was a huge part of what made her into such a great assassin... it was what allowed her to defeat The Waif in a fight completely in the dark... and yet she doesn't know that Littlefinger is hiding in the shadows 10 feet away when she comes out of Sansa's room?

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 18-08-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 18-08-2017, 11:25 AM #3807
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's him standing watching Arya that really gets me! Like there was an entire half season long storyline where she was blind, for several months... it was a huge part of what made her into such a great assassin... it was what allowed her to defeat The Waif in a fight completely in the dark... and yet she doesn't know that Littlefinger is hiding in the shadows 10 feet away when she comes out of Sansa's room?
Yeah exactly, which is why if they don't do what you said I'll be really disappointed, it's a terrible error on the writers part

Spoiler:

I do wonder what GRRM had planned with this storyline because in the books it was never Sansa who married Ramsay so presumably she would be in a completely different head space to TV Sansa

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 18-08-2017, 12:37 PM #3808

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Can someone pm me a link to the episode, before I read any spoilers, cheers.

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 12:48 PM #3809
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Jon doesn't want the throne, why would he turn on her
Out of necessity.

Spoiler:

He's the rightful king if the Targaryen line takes the throne again which is going to lead to conflict with Dany since his existence invalidates her claim. Jon will likely have to go to war as a means of defence as Dany will reluctantly have to fight for her right to rule. I think it's going to be the main conflict in Season 7 which would be interesting since it would be different to the wars in previous seasons since there wouldn't likely be a clear cut villain and hero as it would be a war of circumstance and necessity. Neither side want to hurt the other but only one of them can survive.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 12:49 PM #3810
Banned

Banned

Quote:
It's painfully bad writing, they are rewriting parts of her journey to try to make this storyline make sense. It's inconsistent and dumb.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 02:29 PM #3811
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Jon will never fight Daenerys for the throne. He's not an entitled brat like she is. If she dies then he'll give up his title in the North and take it, but wouldn't otherwise.

Ep6

Spoiler:

After this episode I think it's time for Jon to just remain out of battles tbh. Him and Robb are polar opposites in this sense. Jon makes the smart choices when it comes to alliances and plotting, Robb won every battle he went into and tactically outclassed every battle commander he came up against, including Tywin, Jaime, and the Mountain. I don't think we've actually seen Jon win a battle of his own accord yet

Last edited by Locke.; 18-08-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 03:09 PM #3812
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
Jon will never fight Daenerys for the throne. He's not an entitled brat like she is. If she dies then he'll give up his title in the North and take it, but wouldn't otherwise.

Ep6

Spoiler:

After this episode I think it's time for Jon to just remain out of battles tbh. Him and Robb are polar opposites in this sense. Jon makes the smart choices when it comes to alliances and plotting, Robb won every battle he went into and tactically outclassed every battle commander he came up against, including Tywin, Jaime, and the Mountain. I don't think we've actually seen Jon win a battle of his own accord yet
Yeah, Jon is great IN a battle, up there with the best fighters in the show... And he's a good leader/king also - but he's not a tactician. Most leaders aren't, Rob was an exception, most have "Generals" (such as Cersei having Jaime, or Dany having various tactical advisors) and plan the broad strokes, rather than individual battle plans.
Old 18-08-2017, 04:31 PM #3813

I don't think Jon is supposed to be a master tactician though. He's just a badass fighter who will always lead the line with his people, hence why he often finds himself in ****.

His resume is pretty insane considering he's killed White Walkers and fought Wights,Wildlings,Thenns,Nights Watch Traitors and Boltons and is still knocking about.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 18-08-2017 at 04:33 PM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 05:00 PM #3814
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Think the only person that has beaten Jon in single combat is the Night's Watch mutineer that killed Lord Commander Mormont isn't it. Jon was down and out and one of Craster's daughters interfered and handed him the win

Here it is, feels so much longer ago than season 4

Last edited by Locke.; 18-08-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 05:36 PM #3815
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
Think the only person that has beaten Jon in single combat is the Night's Watch mutineer that killed Lord Commander Mormont isn't it. Jon was down and out and one of Craster's daughters interfered and handed him the win

Here it is, feels so much longer ago than season 4

I'd also say that even though it's only 3 seasons ago, he was actually still pretty "green" at that point. His main downfall is recklessness... Throwing himself in against unwinnable odds (staring down the Boltons alone, and charging a million Wights on foot...) . Which is, I suppose, why he doesn't make a good tactician either. He has more of a Wilding than Soldier mentality really, which I suppose goes all the way back.
Old 18-08-2017, 05:39 PM #3816
-

-

Or I guess you could see it as... He has a fiery Targeryen temper, unlike the other Stark kids, who have all been quite cold and calculating in different ways.
Old 18-08-2017, 09:05 PM #3817

This has no relevance to anything but wish they never killed Mance

Sure I read he gets saved in the books and is replaced by someone else
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 02:27 PM #3818
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gizzard View Post
This has no relevance to anything but wish they never killed Mance

Sure I read he gets saved in the books and is replaced by someone else
Yeah in the books

Spoiler:

Melisandre does a spell to make another wildling look like Mance and that's who's killed, she gives Mance a ruby that makes him look like the wildling (like the one she wears that makes her look young

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 19-08-2017, 05:50 PM #3819
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
I read a theory that

Spoiler:

If they do that then it's just more bull**** stuff to give Jon Snow all because the TV writers clearly like his character the most.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 07:29 PM #3820
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Had a dream last night that I was riding Rhaegal chasing Cersei (who was trying to escape on a motorbike) and i just kept screaming dracarys trying to kill her

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 07:34 PM #3821
Adios

Adios

Omfg I had a dream I was flying on a dragon around work.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 07:36 PM #3822
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

Im half way through series 2 and after hating on this for years im now obsessed

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 11:42 PM #3823

Can't wait to find out what happens tonight !!!
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 02:17 AM #3824
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

right then let's livepost this

Spoiler:

Gendry being roasted
Jorah getting a nice moment, totally not going to die is he
Arya/Sansa beef
Arya being an unreasonable dickhead all along </3 what an unfortunate sudden character flaw
Sansa DESTROYING her

ok @ "dick, i like it"
tormund/the hound are the friendship this show needs, though

it's really hard to like Beric after what he was like in Fortitude. I wonder if he (the actor) gets bored of snow

daenerys being a size queen? no wonder smithy stans

this show would drastically improve if tyrion shot daenerys on the toilet too

oh an evil polar bear!

welp bye thoros

LEG IT LADS!!!!

erm when did Gendry split up from the rest of them I am not losing him now

oh this stakeout around the frozen sea is rather scary

erm the lord of light isn't just going to turn out to be Dany is it? not here for that

do none of the wights own a bow & arrow? i mean...

brienne doing her utmost to expose littlefinger

oh daenerys has a nice seasonal white "killing wights" outfit, that's nice

skeletor getting bold and making his way across the ice <3

THIS IS A LOT

DRAGONS!!! BOY I HOPE THEY PULL THROUGH TONIGHT'S SHOW!!!

...oh

BENJEN!

...oh

more unnecessary arya being a bitch stuff go **** yourselves with this BS @writers

UM PLEASE DON'T SAY THEY CAN MAKE A WIGHT DRAGON? OH THEY CAN OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 03:22 AM #3825

Was so much better on TV. Now that the episode has aired, it's safe to openly post about it. It all makes sense now as to why the Night King has been taking his time. He obviously saw this happen with his Greenseeing and was awaiting the opportunity to capture a Dragon. I imagine this is how he breaks the wall now.

Jon bending the knee and suddenly falling in love sucks and is out of character, but tbh the Northern Lords are snakey twats anyway and don't deserve a King like Jon and the Scene was nice. Night King and a Dragon = Game Over. He took Viserion down with ease and would probably to the same to the others. Bran is our last hope and Saviour.

Oh and shouts to Uncle Benjen. What a man. Our true protector until the very end.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 21-08-2017 at 03:25 AM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
airing, game, season, thread, thrones