Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 20-12-2017, 01:50 AM #51
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Episode 4 – "Let Chaos Reign"
Part 2

Day 11
The next day sees cloudier conditions, but nonetheless, the tribes are raring to compete in another reward challenge. Judge Judy greets Honifor on a pontoon in the middle of the ocean, as Berajilo row in. “Honifor, take a look at the new Berajilo tribe,” says Judy, as the other tribe notices that Rachelle was voted out at the last Tribal Council. “Rachelle, voted out at the last Tribal Council,” says Judy, in case they hadn’t already worked this out. Takondwa takes one look at Edwina and her puffy red eyes, and asks earnestly, “girl, have you been letting people poop on you?” (the tribe laughs, Edwina is highly offended). Judy then gets around to explaining how today’s challenge will work:

One tribe member at a time, the two tribes must move across a narrow beam and around the other tribe members. The person crossing can only touch one member at a time. If they touch two people at once or fall into the water, they must start all over. Once a member reaches the platform, the next person goes. The tribe who gets all their members across first wins reward in the form of a barbecue with beer and soft drinks.

Steadman, as the tallest man, volunteers to sit out of the challenge for Berajilo. The combination of Edwina’s limited eyesight, Hallie’s poor balance and Kenton’s large feet contributes to Berajilo’s loss and therefore Honifor’s second consecutive reward win, which they all celebrate by jumping into the ocean. Judy congratulates Honifor on their victory (while scolding them for splashing her with seawater) before turning to Berajilo and telling them that she has nothing for them.

Honifor excitedly run to the corner of their beach where a barbecue has been set up, complete with an ice box filled with beer and soft drinks. Takondwa goes straight for the beer, surprising her tribemates, leaving Kyle and Chris to enjoy whatever’s left. Over a selection of burgers, ribs and shrimp, the tribe toasts the great form they are currently enjoying in relation to challenge wins, although talk soon turns to the weather. “It was so nice yesterday. Look at it now,” Aubin says as the dark clouds form above them. “Then again,” Kyle interjects, “we’re on Survivor. We’re hardly going to let a little rain ruin our barbecue, y’know.” They share a strained laugh as Takondwa sips her third beer of the afternoon. Later, when alone together by the well, Aubin talks to Alicia about potentially voting out Kyle, in the event that the tribe loses the next immunity challenge. They agree that as he is the tribe’s primary provider, he most likely won’t consider the possibility of being targeted so early, paving the way for an easy blindside. The two shake on this and go their separate ways.

As Honifor enjoy their meal, Berajilo return to camp empty-handed, and spend much of the remainder of the day sitting around the fire, waiting for the rain to come. Eventually, Justin gets frustrated with the lack of activity, and refuses to let one challenge loss spoil his energy, considering how upbeat the tribe was the previous day. “Look, I’m no genius,” he confesses, “I know I’m no Alfred Einstone (sic). But if nobody does anything interesting around here then we’re all just gonna rot.” He then smiles that this is his chance to “get these suckers on edge.” His plan to liven things up consists of him taking Steadman’s shoes and placing them in Jordan’s bag, before placing Jordan’s bag in Edwina’s section of the shelter. He does this without raising suspicion, as his fellow tribemates are too busy pre-emptively protecting the camp’s fire from the rain by having two people hold the tarp several feet away at all times. However, when the majority of the tribe later returns to the shelter, Steadman notices that his shoes have disappeared. Rather than get angry at someone touching his property, he takes what he assumes to be an innocent prank on the chin, and makes it known to whoever the culprit is that he won’t spend his time looking for the lost shoes (“I’ve played the detective enough as it is this week”). That night, Edwina finds Jordan’s bag in her area of the shelter, and hands it back to him. Inside, Jordan finds Steadman’s shoes, and swiftly returns them to their owner. In a confessional, Steadman says that he believes that it was Jordan who took the shoes as they must have been in his bag for a reason, but reiterates that there are no hard feelings involved. He says that he doesn’t want to ruin any pre-existing relationships because he wants to keep Jordan, along with Edwina, on his side, and believes that Kristin and Kenton will go along with the three of them to make a majority alliance. In another confessional, Justin complains that his plan has seemingly backfired, as rather than cause distrust and disunity between the players who aren’t in his foursome alliance, it seems to have only strengthened their bond. “Oh well. Plan B it is...”

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 01:54 AM #52
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Part 3

Day 12
The two tribes wake up the following morning to heavy rain, and make their very wet way to the next immunity challenge. As usual, they are greeted by Judge Judy, who is sat under a parasol, drinking a margarita, oblivious to the rainy conditions. She calls over Aubin to return Honifor’s immunity idol, before explaining how they’ll be able to win it back:

Three members (consisting of two men and one woman) from each tribe will have a pole across their shoulders. Each round, weight (20 lbs.) will be added to that pole. The decision about which tribe member gets the weight will be made by the other tribe. When the weight becomes too much to bear, the tribe member will drop the pole and be out of the challenge. Last person left standing wins immunity for their tribe.

Kyle, Chris and Alicia are selected for Honifor, while Kenton, Justin and Hallie take part for Berajilo. Initially, Honifor place all of their weights onto Justin (assuming that Hallie will quickly drop out regardless of her weights), and Berajilo target Kyle. As Honifor predicted, Hallie drops out first, unable to carry the weight of the pole itself. Justin manages to last a while, withstanding 140 lbs. before dropping out, meaning that the rival tribe places the remainder of their weights onto Kenton. Berajilo continue to target Kyle, before changing tactic and spreading their weights out between him, Alicia and Chris. Chris is eliminated from the challenge after 120 lbs. as he drops the pole when attempting to readjust, while Alicia drops after 100 lbs. The battle of the titans between Kyle and Kenton continues as the rain beats down, prompting Theresa to comment out loud that the two men look nice when their abs and pecs are glistening with condensation. They both tough it out to a total weight of 240 lbs. each, before Kyle drops, leaving Kenton as the last man standing and Berajilo as the winners of the challenge, and indeed immunity.

The Honifor tribe congratulates Kyle on his “Herculean” effort as they return to camp, although he wishes in a confessional that he’d managed to stick it out just that bit longer, in order to beat
Kenton and earn the title of the alpha male of Judge Island. Due to the heavy rain, the players are not as keen as usual to begin their strategising, and instead spend much of the afternoon huddled in the shelter. As the tribemates sit in silent and tension builds, a break in the clouds appears and the rain briefly stops. At this, Aubin, Alicia, Chris and Theresa all jump up from their respective spots in the shelter and announce in unison that they’re off to ‘get water’. Sheepishly, Aubin and Theresa decide to hold back as Alicia and Chris make their way to the well together. When they reach far enough away from camp, Alicia fills Chris in on her and Aubin’s plan to blindside Kyle, unaware that it was Chris who told Aubin of Kyle’s potential disloyalty in the first place. For his part, Chris plays along, although confesses that he wasn’t aware that Aubin and Alicia had such a thoroughly-considered plan “bubbling away back there”. He then says that he would be on board with it, but is concerned about losing such a physical asset as Kyle if a swap is not around the corner. Before they split up, Alicia firmly tells Chris not to spill the beans to Theresa, as she believes that Kyle and Theresa are now the tightest alliance on the tribe.

Naturally, Kyle’s suspicions are raised by his tribemates’ behaviour, having quietly assumed up to that point that the tribe would eventually come together to vote out the weakest player remaining, Takondwa. While still in the shelter, he discusses the possibility that Aubin and Alicia may want him out with Theresa, who denies that Aubin would do such a thing. She asks Kyle if he’s sure, and he replies that Aubin has given him a “strange vibe” for a couple days, and is worried that he caught wind of their plan to vote him out in the run-up to Callum’s boot. Theresa says she’ll “put her mothering cap on” and have a talk with Aubin to try and make sense of proceedings, while also planning to have a conversation with her ally Chris, to find out why he was so eager to go off with Alicia earlier. “A tribe full of mystery, that’s what this is,” she laughs.

Spoiler:

Old 20-12-2017, 01:56 AM #53
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Part 4

Day 12, cont.
Meanwhile, Alicia sees Takondwa about to go for a swim in the rain, and decides to take her to one side. “You know how you think you’re the one being voted out tonight?” Alicia asks bluntly, to which Takondwa gives a confused look and shakes her head. “Well, anyway, don’t worry. It’s Kyle. Don’t ask any questions or anything, just know that it’s Kyle and that’s it. And definitely, whatever you do, don’t tell Theresa.” Takondwa nods, still slightly baffled, and decides that she is no longer in the mood for a rain swim. Instead, she heads back to camp, where she finds Theresa conversing with Aubin. The two do not notice Takondwa approaching, and she manages to overhear the words “Kyle”, “tonight” and “what in the name of Jesus H. Christ are you thinking?” before they realise her presence. Aubin defends himself by saying that Kyle has been acting “odd” for a while, and fears that he’ll make a dangerous move if they don’t make one first, as they need to remember that he’s strategically competent as well as physically. Theresa reassures Aubin that while Kyle may be a threat further down the line, he’s much more useful to them right now in their alliance than he is out of the game, and that they should target someone less obvious tonight. Realising that Takondwa is still stood there and not wanting to make it seem as if they’re voting for her to keep their alliance strong, Theresa throws Alicia’s name into the discussion. “She’s sneaky,” she continues. In a confessional, Theresa says that she’s been wary of Aubin for a while, and was currently willing to put her trust into Chris and Kyle. However, she had agreed with Chris to work with Aubin and says she notices that he could be beneficial to their alliance in a way that Alicia could not. Takondwa agrees to the plan, and although Aubin seems to as well, he confesses that he can’t picture himself voting Alicia out when he’s formed a strong strategic relationship with her. In their separate confessionals, Theresa and Aubin both say that the answer lies with Chris.

Chris is trying, in vain, to dry his rain-soaked toes when Theresa and Aubin both approach. Theresa asks straight-up if the reason that Alicia pulled him away earlier was to discuss blindsiding Kyle, and Chris confirms that it was, but expresses his uneasiness in following the plan. While Aubin remains quiet, Theresa pitches the idea of voting out Alicia to Chris, which he seems receptive to. In a confessional, Chris says that to him, something had always seemed “off” with Alicia and that she had never opened up as much as his fellow tribemates, and as a result he had always been cautious of aligning with her. He also says that he would have expected a personal trainer to have lasted longer in a strength-based challenge, and wonders aloud if she has been misleading the tribe about her profession. This, Chris says, caused “alarm bells to ring” when Alicia approached him with the plan to blindside Kyle, as he felt that it was a plan to benefit her and not the tribe. Satisfied with her conversation with Chris, Theresa goes up to Kyle and tells him about what Alicia has been saying, confirming his earlier suspicions. Meanwhile, Aubin reconvenes with Alicia. “Anything you think I should know?” she asks him, drying her socks on the side of the shelter. “Nothing new to report, boss,” he replies, and walks away again.

As the tribe prepares to make their way to Tribal Council in the rain, Theresa comes up with a plan. “I trust Aubin tonight, but I’m not so sure in the long run. I’m thinking of taking a risk tonight; I’m about 90% confident that the vote will be straightforward, that it’ll go the way I want it to and that Aubin will stick to the plan, so I was thinking that if I vote for somebody completely unexpected, just throw something out there that nobody was anticipating, it will cast aspersions onto Aubin. Nobody’s going to trust him if they think he’s disloyal and that he can’t follow a simple plan, whereas I’ll know the truth, so I’ll have power over him and I’ll be able to keep him in check. All the while I’ll still have Chris and Kyle as my main allies. There’ll be an acting masterclass after Tribal tonight, believe me.”

Aubin, meanwhile, confesses that he feels as though he has an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. “I'm torn tonight, I'm as torn as I could be, and I'm well aware that I’m going to hurt at least one of my tribemates, whoever I choose to stick with. This isn’t an easy game. It isn’t a nice game. But it’s my game, and I’ve got to choose right. If only I knew which one of these guys is the angel and which of them is the devil!”

Spoiler:

Old 20-12-2017, 02:01 AM #54
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Part 5

Tribal Council, Night 12
The Honifor tribe enter the Tribal Council area for the third time. Once they’re sat down, Judy mentions that the rain hasn’t stopped all day, “unless any of you bastards have just been pissing on my leg.” She then asks Theresa if the rain has hindered the strategic flow for her in any way, to which Theresa replies that it won’t be the last storm, literal or otherwise, that they’ll have to weather in this game. Judy then moves on to the subject of the challenge, and says that she wishes she had a husband as fit and strong as Kyle. Kyle blushes and says that he could have gone further in his efforts, and as a result takes responsibility for the tribe’s loss. Aubin then points out that at least everyone on the tribe managed to get past the ‘empty pole’ stage, unlike certain members of the other team. When Judy asks if challenge strength is a major factor moving forward, Alicia says that it’s “certainly something we should consider”, but also stresses that a swap could come at any time and that “I – I mean we should prepare for any and every eventuality.” With that, Judy tells the tribe that it’s time to vote.

---
Alicia (voting for Kyle): “It's only natural that brain beats brawn. It was nice getting to know you. xoxo”

Kyle (voting for Alicia): “Personal trainer my ass. I bet you’re something crazy, like an assassin. Or a Republican.”

Theresa (vote not shown): “I know that I look like I'm insane to do this. Well, it's because I am.”

Aubin (vote not shown): “…and so help me God.”

---

Judge Judy collects and tallies the votes. As the Honifor hidden immunity idol has been played and has not been rehidden, she goes straight to reading the votes…

“First vote… Kyle…”

“Second vote… Alicia…”

“Third vote… Kyle…”

“Fourth vote… Alicia…”

Alicia looks to Aubin for reassurance.

“Fifth vote… Alicia…”

“Fourth person voted out of Survivor: Judge Island…
Alicia.”

“Alicia, that’s four,” Judy says as Alicia collects her torch. She is silent as it is snuffed and remains so on her way out of the Tribal Council area. Once she has left, she lets out a single, beautiful tear. Judy states that Honifor seemed to choose strength tonight, both in the physical sense and in strength in numbers, but reminds them that a tribe is only as strong as its weakest link. She then bids them goodnight and uses her umbrella to fly away like Mary Poppins as they begin to swim back to camp.

The votes in full:

Spoiler:

Alicia – Kyle
Aubin – Alicia
Chris – Alicia
Kyle – Alicia
Takondwa – Alicia
Theresa – Kyle

Spoiler:

Last edited by MB.; 20-12-2017 at 02:02 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brantsteele, episode, island, judge, project, survivor, vanity