Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 13-01-2018, 12:07 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
No.... not a smart arse.... Just a joke....

Sorry...I took it as a joke...I was just being funny back
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:08 AM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Sorry...I took it as a joke...I was just being funny back
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:08 AM #53
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontyboi View Post
No offence Vicky but kids pick up stuff from their parents and you constantly bang on about transsexuals being men so....
I assure you I have never spoke to my 5 year old child about transsexuals Why on earth you would think I would is beyond me
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 13-01-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:08 AM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I assure you I have never spoke to my 5 year old child about transsexuals Why on earth you would think I would is beyond me
I know, young kids are prone to nightmares for goodness sake.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:09 AM #55

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No offence Vicky but kids pick up stuff from their parents and you constantly bang on about transsexuals being men so....
are you forgetting Vicky's a mother? A bit tasteless imo
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:09 AM #56
-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

-

Favourites (more):

Quote:
‘Mum can I have a glass of wat-‘
‘TRANSEXUALS’
T* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:10 AM #57
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
My daughter who is 5 can tell men from women easily, even when the men are in makeup and such. Led to quite an embarassing situation on a bus actually. A person got on, little dress, perfect hair and makeup...and my daughter who is 5 pointed at them and said quite loudly 'thats a boy mammy, why is he wearing a dress'. I was a bit mortified but the guy was fine about it. Sat talking to her for a bit and was telling her about how some boys like to wear makeup and look 'like girls' and such. Still never found out if he was just a feminine guy, trans or a drag queen actually.
It’s great how kids aren’t really taught gender stereotypes nowadays in such an aggressive format as they were before, and the difference between what i was taught and observing teaching when i’m at work is really quite something.

i remember being told at primary school that “blue is for boys and pink is for girls.” In addition to this, the word “gay” was banned, no matter what context it was used in. I’m 25, so this is probably going back around 2000-2002, which is actually quite a long time ago thinking about it.

not too long ago, the school had an assembly where a female firefighter, a male nurse and a policewoman came in to try and tackle gender stereotypes in the workplace and I think it worked. I would also say that I am also an example of fighting gender stereotypes in the workplace to an extent because previously, male primary school teachers/teaching assistants were almost unheard of, whereas there are increasingly more and more men taking on the job, which I think is fantastic. I was never taught by a man until secondary school, but I think that equality is so important

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:12 AM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
Almost certain that nobody shouts the word TRANSEXUALS at their children as a response.
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:13 AM #59
-

Favourites (more):

-

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Almost certain that nobody shouts the word TRANSEXUALS at their children as a response.
you must be real fun at parties huh
T* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:13 AM #60
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by T* View Post
you must be real fun at parties huh
i didn’t mean it like that

nah like i was just imagining it in my head, i realise now i said that quite bluntly, sorry about that

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 13-01-2018 at 12:17 AM.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:13 AM #61
0_o

0_o

Quote:
‘TRANSEXUALS’

Quote:
It’s great how kids aren’t really taught gender stereotypes nowadays in such an aggressive format as they were before, and the difference between what i was taught and observing teaching when i’m at work is really quite something.

i remember being told at primary school that “blue is for boys and pink is for girls.” In addition to this, the word “gay” was banned, no matter what context it was used in. I’m 25, so this is probably going back around 2000-2002, which is actually quite a long time ago thinking about it.

not too long ago, the school had an assembly where a female firefighter, a male nurse and a policewoman came in to try and tackle gender stereotypes in the workplace and I think it worked. I would also say that I am also an example of fighting gender stereotypes in the workplace to an extent because previously, male primary school teachers/teaching assistants were almost unheard of, whereas there are increasingly more and more men taking on the job, which I think is fantastic. I was never taught by a man until secondary school, but I think that equality is so important
I think gender stereotypes are worse today than when I was a kid actually. Even ****ing kider eggs are 'gendered' . Pink princess ones for girls, blue monster/superhero ones for boys. My kids get both tbh, and my husband whinges a bit when I bring my son in with the princess ones (though oddly enough doesn't really say anything when I get my daughter the blue one)..and when I let him put my daughters Elsa dress on and that..but I reckon, kids are ****ing kids. Kids like dress up. Boys like pretty things and sometimes girls like to get dirty. If my boy wants to wear a princess dres, whats the bloody harm
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:14 AM #62

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
BB18: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And you as a parent are better equipped to tell Vicky this about her own children ok...
Not at all.

I don't have to be a parent to witness how their elders can easily affect things they say and believe....infact we all pick stuff up off our parents.

I grew up looking after my little brother and cousins half my age who would pick up any swear word I said thank god they've now come into their own but at the time they were like sponges.

Never babysit and sing Winnie the **** instead of winnie the poo because when the parents come home and they are still singing it you get into trouble.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:16 AM #63
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I think gender stereotypes are worse today than when I was a kid actually. Even ****ing kider eggs are 'gendered' . Pink princess ones for girls, blue monster/superhero ones for boys. My kids get both tbh, and my husband whinges a bit when I bring my son in with the princess ones (though oddly enough doesn't really say anything when I get my daughter the blue one)..and when I let him put my daughters Elsa dress on and that..but I reckon, kids are ****ing kids. Kids like dress up. Boys like pretty things and sometimes girls like to get dirty. If my boy wants to wear a princess dres, whats the bloody harm
absolutely and i don’t understand people who claim that we are forcing kids to question their gender, because they are just being encouraged to not believe in gender stereotypes

Spoiler:

Old 13-01-2018, 12:16 AM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I hope not lol! Maybe I put it wrong it's just the way you word things for example in the post about the transexual your child was confused by you referered to that person as a him.

It doesn't mean bad parenting it's just your beliefs and you shouldn't be expected to Ofcom your mouth all the time....**** just slips out.

Last edited by pontyboi; 13-01-2018 at 12:18 AM.
pontyboi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:18 AM #65

Quote:
Not at all.

I don't have to be a parent to witness how their elders can easily affect things they say and believe....infact we all pick stuff up off our parents.

I grew up looking after my little brother and cousins half my age who would pick up any swear word I said thank god they've now come into their own but at the time they were like sponges.

Never babysit and sing Winnie the **** instead of winnie the poo because when the parents come home and they are still singing it you get into trouble.
But you just commented on a specific situation with Vicky and her children so... nothing to do with your babysitting duties.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:18 AM #66

Quote:
I hope not lol! Maybe I put it wrong it's just the way you word things for example in the post about the transexual your child was confused by you referee to that person as a him.

It doesn't mean bad parenting it's just your beliefs and you shouldn't be expected to Ofcom your mouth all the time....**** just slips out.
Well, who knows what pronoun that person preferred. Just because he wore a dress and makeup doesn't mean he wanted to be known as "she".
Old 13-01-2018, 12:21 AM #67

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But you just commented on a specific situation with Vicky and her children so... nothing to do with your babysitting duties.
I'm commenting on a personal post by responding with another.

Ive not said anything derogatory and people who been offended by that post need to lighten up after all isn't this years cbb all about freedom of speech?

Also I put my own personal experience in that to just highlight kids pick up stuff we arnt aware we are doing.

Last edited by pontyboi; 13-01-2018 at 12:23 AM.
pontyboi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:22 AM #68

Quote:
I'm commenting on a personal post by responding with another.

Ive not said anything derogatory and people who been offended by that post need to lighten up after all isn't this years cbb all about freedom of speech?

Also I put my own personal experience in that to just highlight kids pick up stuff we arnt aware we are doing.
And that doesn't include me being able to question your posts? Ok.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:23 AM #69
0_o

0_o

I said nothing at all about him at all He sat in the priority seat bit on the bus while she was in her pram so he was opposite her and she literally pointed right at him and spoke pretty loudly. I did apologize but thats when he said all was fine and started talking to her about boys liking wearing makeup and such. I assume from what he said that he is the right pronoun for him though...as surely he wouldn't be talking bout himself as a boy who likes to wear makeup if he was trans. I am not sure though as as I said, still not sure if he was trans, just feminine or a drag queen Have to admit though, glad he was on about challenging stereotypes, rather than trying to tell her he has a female brain or something...not sure how I would have handled that :S So I guess I was lucky in that respect
Quote:
Quote:
Old 13-01-2018, 12:24 AM #70

Quote:
I said nothing at all about him at all He sat in the priority seat bit on the bus while she was in her pram so he was opposite her and she literally pointed right at him and spoke pretty loudly. I did apologize but thats when he said all was fine and started talking to her about boys liking wearing makeup and such. I assume from what he said that he is the right pronoun for him though...as surely he wouldn't be talking bout himself as a boy who likes to wear makeup if he was trans. I am not sure though as as I said, still not sure if he was trans, just feminine or a drag queen Have to admit though, glad he was on about challenging stereotypes, rather than trying to tell her he has a female brain or something...not sure how I would have handled that :S So I guess I was lucky in that respect
India would've dragged her out of that pram!!!
Old 13-01-2018, 12:25 AM #71
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
‘TRANSEXUALS’
Old 13-01-2018, 12:25 AM #72
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

I'm actually really looking forward to this It'll be interesting to watch!
Old 13-01-2018, 12:25 AM #73

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And that doesn't include me being able to question your posts? Ok.
When did I ever say you couldn't question my posts?

It's a forum and it's called debating.

This isn't question time. ....sorry you got so offended.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:25 AM #74
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Dapper laughs to be ejected after telling a child they’re gagging for a nappy change?
This does legit sound like something he'd say
Old 13-01-2018, 12:26 AM #75
0_o

0_o

Quote:
absolutely and i don’t understand people who claim that we are forcing kids to question their gender, because they are just being encouraged to not believe in gender stereotypes
Yeah thats just daft. I don't see how NOT imposing stereotypes on our kids means we are making them question their gender, at all. Making them question their gender would be rigidly enforcing stereptypes surely..as then for example little boys will think 'Oh well I like wearing dresses and want to look pretty...that must mean I am actually a girl' and such. Rather than them knowing its entirely normal to like both feminine and masculine things and stereotypes/preferences have no relation to wether you are a boy or a girl.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 13-01-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
children, entering, house