Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 27-01-2018, 09:01 PM #51

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
The one word she said about Meghan Markle was trouble.

I think she could be trouble too, not for the racist angle before you all jump up and down

It will be because of the closed shop attitudes of the aristocracy. The Marquis of Baths sons beautiful wife who is of mixed race has come up against this already.

Look how they treated Diana, who was not of mixed race and doors will not be open to Meghan by these dinosaurs.

I feel there will be trouble ahead for Meghan, their antiquated views will be ingrained and she will need Harry to guide her through unlike Charles who threw Diana to the wolves.

Those who beat Ann with yet another stick, have you thought about this angle before you charge her with another crime she is not guilty of.
Yeah I thought this too
And Diana was treated like dirt, considering she was the perfect English rose. So Megan definitely has her work cut out with the royal family .

But only time will tell .
Old 28-01-2018, 07:02 AM #52
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
I actually pretty much agree with amost all of your post.I made a similar post in another thread about the best or right answer usually being somewhere in the middle ground.The opinions on here in ‘on’ season are usually very tribalistic and biased and i know i’ve been guilty of that too

So i think our only disagreement would probably be as to what the threshold is as to what constitutes homophobia.

I just don’t immediately jump to that whenever Ann says something negative about somebody who happens to be gay or when she’s annoyed with certain behaviour.
Other people see it differently.
I think for me to believe she is homophobic it would take something more blatant and out of the grey area.Or what proof do we have?
...hmmm but for Ann to have displayed homophobic traits in the context you’re talking about, isn’t a ‘proof’ thing though is it because then it would have to go down the route of defining proof as well and what a person’s perspective was of proof......I mean, what do we say, she hasn’t been violent, she hasn’t campaigned against, she hasn’t told BB that they have to remove a person from the house...so therefore it’s all too grey../...we have to wait for an ‘action’, type thing..rather than looking at the words she’s used like ‘obscene’, which wasn’t appropriate or correct...and Ann is a wordsmith, she doesn’t appear to get her words confused at all, if she describes as obscene it’s because she has felt it has been obscene, when how could play fighting with two fully clothed adults with nothing sexual involved ever be accurately described in that way...?...she could have said they were being silly, being immature, being too boisterous and other stuff etc but what she said kind of starts to take her out of that grey area...

...she is actually quite a unique celebrity housemate as well...because it’s not just about opinion of her in terms of character with her life outside the house...which is mostly the case for others...it’s not about what ‘traits’ she’s shown outside the house or the perspective they’re viewed from...she’s actively campaigned against and stood steadfast against equal rights based on some sexuality being something she doesn’t want to see in society...so when looking at ‘traits’ and considering their greyness, their black or their whiteness....?...her political actions have to be considered as well to see if she’s now through those years become more accepting, more tolerant etc...But obviously she’s Ann and remains rigid ......(..with her homophobic traits, she’s darn well keeping them with her stubborn trait.....)...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ann, cbb, house, showed, traits, widdecombe