Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:24 PM #76
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It isn't really, on balance I actually think things should be left segregated as they are "for the time being" specifically because I can understand the upset that could be caused by men in female spaces where privacy is expected, especially for those who have been victimised in the past.

But I also understand the desire for inclusion from those who ARE genuine, which is why I think the way forward is total privacy (not mucking in together). The ones at my local shopping center certainly aren't that... it's literally like a long row of disabled toilets, no one at all is in together.
I'm sure most transsexuals are genuine and that they need to feel that inclusion. And I'm sure those who are genuine will understand that if they still have a penis they can't come in.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:45 PM #77
0_o

0_o

Quote:
It isn't really, on balance I actually think things should be left segregated as they are "for the time being" specifically because I can understand the upset that could be caused by men in female spaces where privacy is expected, especially for those who have been victimised in the past.

But I also understand the desire for inclusion from those who ARE genuine, which is why I think the way forward is total privacy (not mucking in together). The ones at my local shopping center certainly aren't that... it's literally like a long row of disabled toilets, no one at all is in together.
Single stall totally contained spaces are fine IMO. Kind of like disabled loos are? Thats how its coming across to me.

Same with changing rooms, if it was changed to all cubicles and unisex, again fine (well, better than just chucking men in with women as things are, though there is still the issue of voyeurism that will inevitably occur) but whats happening here is that places with the old fashioned open plan changing rooms are just being made unisex, when there is only like one cubicle for the whole place, or none! My local Bannatynes has only two cubicles and a huge open space. Its always really busy (very large gym in there), to wait for a cubicle takes maybe 15 mins. If there were men in the open plan bit? Near every woman would be waiting for the cubicle, which would mean wait times were like 6 hours, which would in turn make swimming there pointless.

The issues do go so much deeper than this though.

Refuges
- I would say fully transitioned post-op, fine. To use the services, not to work there.
Certain jobs, such as rape crisis support workers - Many (I would bet most) women will not wish to be speaking to a man about the trauma they suffered at the hands of men.
Other jobs/positions, such as 'womans officer' for the Labour party - Stated it must be held by a woman. It is currently held by a teenage boy. Labour are standing by this decision despite this boy being involved in doxxing members and sending vile threats (of which I received some, not off him personally, but from the group)
Prisons - my solution here is more complicated, and not a solution tbh as I am not finished, I cannot square the circle. Post op trans people are in danger in a male prison (mind, so are many other males...gay men, small men, disabled men, etc), but data shows that transpeople are no less likely to commit sexual crimes than other men are, maybe MORe likely to given current prison stats. Maybe a trans wing or two. One thing for sure though, NO PENISES IN WOMENS PRISONS. This should be painfully obvious, and for obvious reasons but in Scotland there are a few cases of intact male people being chucked in with the women..and in one case having to be moved (to another womens prison) for sexually assaulting women and having sex with others.
Single sex health care practitioners - the right to request one, not that everyone should always get same sex, has been a recent case of a male person actually arguing with the patient who requested a female that they are actually a female due to how they feel in their head
Psychiatric wards - has already been a person who was convinced via mental health issues that blokes were trying to kill her, who was placed in a 'female only' ward with an obviously male person
Hospital wards - IIRC there was HUGE hell on not that long ago about hospital wards being mixed, may be misremembering that
Female only swim sessions - many religions would go mental if these were removed, as it looks like they now have been, just waiting for all this to be implemented
Sport - currently being eroded. That does not matter at all for men, as obviously women do not have an advantage over them biologically. But the other way around, of course females are going to lose out. And be in danger, in many cases too
Statistics - Male people are being recorded as female, and vice versa. This will massively skew data.

There are probably more too, this is just off the top of my head.

Loos are the easy solve.

So yeah, thin end of the wedge, but still an issue. And unless companies are willing to invest cash on these new gender neutral loos and such, then no solution still. I would bet my house that what will happen is existing setups will remain and the sex segregation is just ended.

I would say the very very basic rule for near all of these is...noone with a penis is a woman. This may upset some people and their ladypenises but so what. A line has to be drawn somewhere.

Its a shame any of this is causing problems. Transsexual women have been using womens spaces since forever, with no issues..we had a kind of honour system going, where we knew they were male but turned a blind eye. Its this new breed of entitled shouty 'female penis' transactivists that are causing current tensions with their ridiculous demands, and expectation of law to be written in such a way that the words man, woman and male and female are useless.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 08-02-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:15 PM #78

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

This is one issue i’m with the Feminists on.

Also after her performance on CBB i’m surprised anyone takes anything India fecking Willoughby spouts seriously
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:08 AM #79
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

In comments here...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote