Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: ??
Yes I DO believe 17 36.96%
Yes I DO believe
17 36.96%
I’m not too sure 11 23.91%
I’m not too sure
11 23.91%
NO there is no such thing 18 39.13%
NO there is no such thing
18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2018, 06:39 PM #101
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Some things its better not to know the answer. For example if it could be proven 100% one way or another what effect would that have on peoples existing beliefs and behaviour. If Jesus appeared today, would anyone believe him?

Whatever brings contentment for each individual is all that matters.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:50 PM #102
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
You may as well say no one knows if an invisible race of maggots the size of busses are running the earth via mind control

we do know based on solid peer reviewed scientific fact. the same knowledge that we use to fly planes, visit the moon and perform operations. tried tested learning over the years.

Its not a 50:50 split its as near to 100% as we can get at the moment and thankfully, unlike religion we are open to information and learning. we dont stop 2000 years ago when some badly typset book was "written"
And you are convinced of that. I'm not convinced we've gone far enough to know the secrets of the universe - scientifically or spiritually - considering that, in the whole 4,500,000,000 years it's only in the last 300 or so that's we've advanced far enough not to die from a simple infection.

It's not even really about religion. Plenty of people believe we go on after death who have no faith in a religion.

Anyhoo... We should agree to disagree. And if I see you in the afterlife, it's your round.

Last edited by Livia; 09-02-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:51 PM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Funnily enough I was at a funeral today of a great aunt. She was 88 and she was christened and married in the church where the service was. It was my father's church he attended as a boy and it was the church my grandfather was christened in and married in and had his funeral in and my granny. It was also the church my great grandfather attended and probably his father before him perhaps.

I sat there in the small church in the pews my forefathers sat in many many times.

I saw my aunts grandchildren and i saw her face in theirs. The minster talked about her love of animals, the love she got from her farmer father and his father - and the love that my grandfather got from the same man he passed down to my father and to me. She even talked about her great love of Rangers, one that has been passed on now to smallest boy LT and her grandchildren.

The minister talked about life after death in a Christian sense and in days gone by when people died randomly, quickly, suddenly and early I get how the promise of life after death became a great selling point in the spread of Christianity.

But the real life after death is what we pass on to our children in memory and in genes

That is more than enough and is real...
That's kinda beautiful. Sorry for your loss, LT.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
death, life