Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 01:27 AM #476
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
What does it matter if you think someone looks Jewish, unless you think there is something wrong with looking Jewish? Your views about this are verging on antisemitic.
Where did I say that?
Old 08-04-2018, 01:28 AM #477

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...emitism-claims

Leaked minutes show Labour at odds over antisemitism claims.

Multiple sources have alleged that suspended members who were perceived as being sympathetic to Corbyn were defended, even when the evidence against them was overwhelming.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:37 AM #478

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Where did I say that?
It was a question, did you miss the question mark?
Why does it matter if someone thinks a person looks Jewish? Why are you making something out of nothing and ignoring all Corbyn and the Labour parties very obvious antisemitic slurs. Come on Kizzy, stop diverting to trivial nonsense and answer a direct question for once.

Last edited by jet; 08-04-2018 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:48 AM #479

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

With regard the looking Jewish conversation, there are people of many faith's who wear a sort of religious uniform in clothing, headwear, even in beard style for some men that make them identifyable as being Jewish or Muslim or Mormon or Amish for instance. I don't think it was meant in an offensive way to say someone looks Jewish. Of course there are many people who don't follow a certain dress code too but there are also those who do.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 08-04-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:29 AM #480
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Labour's Dipu Ahad has been confirmed as one of the party's candidates in next month's local elections. This man has posted numerous anti-Semitic comments and yet they're still allowing him to stand.

Imagine if he'd been accused of being anti-Muslim.

This has been a source of discussion for my family, and I'm sure many Jewish families. And the consensus is this: the scariest thing about this whole affair is how many people are willing to stand up and argue that the party does not have a problem with anti-Semitism.

We're told in the Torah that every generation of Jew will face hard trials and tribulations... well, that's one bit that it would be difficult to argue against.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:40 AM #481

I KNOW when someone is Jewish or not - especially - when I have talked to them 'up close'.

What I also KNOW, is when a thread about (NOT SO) 'Secret Anti-Semitism in the Labour Party' is being derailed and potential posts DEFLECTED not only by members causing a ridiculous hoo-ha by bringing in a question of whether I am being anti-Semitic or not because I used the innocent term 'Jewish-Looking' but also being derailed by members bringing in the non-relevant subject of Israel.

Deflection often happens because those deflecting have NO argument.

I am NOT the thread topic here and NOR is Israel.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:07 AM #482

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Labour's Dipu Ahad has been confirmed as one of the party's candidates in next month's local elections. This man has posted numerous anti-Semitic comments and yet they're still allowing him to stand.

Imagine if he'd been accused of being anti-Muslim.

This has been a source of discussion for my family, and I'm sure many Jewish families. And the consensus is this: the scariest thing about this whole affair is how many people are willing to stand up and argue that the party does not have a problem with anti-Semitism.

We're told in the Torah that every generation of Jew will face hard trials and tribulations... well, that's one bit that it would be difficult to argue against.
Despicable.

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Antise...uarters-549131

“The Jewish community demonstrated two weeks ago to say that enough is enough," Falter said in a statement released Sunday. "Since then, matters have deteriorated further and our disciplinary complaint against Jeremy Corbyn has been met with an initial rejection that is nothing more than a hurried whitewash designed to protect Mr. Corbyn without even the formality of an investigation. We cannot stand for this. This afternoon, Jews and non-Jews alike will converge from all over Britain to demonstrate at 2 p.m. outside Labour Head Office, demanding that Labour fulfills its duty to hold Mr. Corbyn to account, and we will of course appeal Ms. Formby’s predetermined decision."

“We call for justice and justice is all that will do," he added. "Under Jeremy Corbyn, Labour has become a safe haven for racists. He is at home amongst them, having spent his political career seeking out and giving succor to Holocaust deniers, genocidal antisemitic terrorist groups and a litany of Jew-haters. Labour must lead by example and show that Jeremy Corbyn is bound by the same rules as Leader as he was as a backbencher, by investigating the disciplinary complaint we have filed against him for bringing the Party into disrepute.”

Last edited by jet; 08-04-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:20 AM #483
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Despicable.

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Antise...uarters-549131

“The Jewish community demonstrated two weeks ago to say that enough is enough," Falter said in a statement released Sunday. "Since then, matters have deteriorated further and our disciplinary complaint against Jeremy Corbyn has been met with an initial rejection that is nothing more than a hurried whitewash designed to protect Mr. Corbyn without even the formality of an investigation. We cannot stand for this. This afternoon, Jews and non-Jews alike will converge from all over Britain to demonstrate at 2 p.m. outside Labour Head Office, demanding that Labour fulfills its duty to hold Mr. Corbyn to account, and we will of course appeal Ms. Formby’s predetermined decision."

“We call for justice and justice is all that will do," he added. "Under Jeremy Corbyn, Labour has become a safe haven for racists. He is at home amongst them, having spent his political career seeking out and giving succor to Holocaust deniers, genocidal antisemitic terrorist groups and a litany of Jew-haters. Labour must lead by example and show that Jeremy Corbyn is bound by the same rules as Leader as he was as a backbencher, by investigating the disciplinary complaint we have filed against him for bringing the Party into disrepute.”
What a sad indictment of the Labour Party and Corbyn that they show such disrespect for the Jewish communities’ justified concerns they fail to address them with any real validity and to add insult to injury they put forward a known anti-semetic as a candidate for the next local elections.

The party have become a law unto themselves and clearly believe themselves to be beyond reproach. Can you imagine the total catastrophe caused by such a party in government!

Last edited by Brillopad; 08-04-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:36 AM #484

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Well just to add some humour I did see this today and it did make me laugh.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 08-04-2018, 11:42 AM #485

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Old 08-04-2018, 12:00 PM #486
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Hilarious. Nice one Kaz!
Old 08-04-2018, 12:21 PM #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
you can't be serious
And here are people complaining about that graffiti mural.
Posting such a picture says it all and I'm amazed its still sitting here.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:23 PM #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Being Jewish is an ethnicity, and physical characteristics are associated with certain ethnicities; if I said someone "looked Chinese", people wouldn't ask how he looked Chinese.

I'm obviously kidding, that's my bae Fagin #Baegin
No its not. There are black Jews, Caucasian Jews, Arabic Jews. Judaism has no specific characteristics.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:25 PM #489

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
It's funny as is kizzy's avatar not much different really, blimey lighten up,there have been far worse pics on TM

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 08-04-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:29 PM #490

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's all about context and humour. Did Corbyn think he was being funny when he posted his mural comment? I think not.
You are not really in any position to complain as you champion the man who made that disgusting remark about the mural and languidly tolerates antisemitism in the party of which he is leader.
Hypocritical much?
Old 08-04-2018, 12:30 PM #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
At the end of the day.Corbyn has massive problems in his party with antisemites and it’s debatable whether he himself is with all these internet groups he’s part of and apologies for hateful ‘art work’.
So what could he do to heal divisions?
A good start might have been to go and meet with the wider Jewish community,The leaders and try to build bridges,To make a promise to expel the rot from the party,To challenge himself and make the effort to extend an olive branch,To tell them that Labour are ready to turn over a new leaf and most importantly to send a message that the current problems of antisemitism within Labour will not be tolerated.
But what did he actually do?
He went and had dinner in a house with a group of his supporters who may or may not have questionable views.’There you go,All done.I met some Jews.Nothing else to see here.Carry on’(paraphrasing).
Not really dealing with the issue.
If nothing else.It doesn’t look as if he made much effort.
But Corbyn has repeatedly put it out there that anti-Semitism will not be tolerated. He then tried to reach out to the Zionist side of Judaism but was coldly rejected. Even if he had met them he wouldn't be telling them he had a change of heart regarding Israel. All he could offer them is what he's already told us all, including them; any form or racism won't be tolerated.

As for the Jewish people he met, for years he's been in full contact with non-Zionist Jews. This wasn't anything new.

The bottom line is, Corbyn doesn't sit on Zionisms political side and is therefore seen as a very real threat.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:34 PM #492
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
No its not. There are black Jews, Caucasian Jews, Arabic Jews. Judaism has no specific characteristics.
That are Caucasian, arabic, and black people who follow the Jewish faith, and then there are ethnic Jews.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:37 PM #493
User banned

User banned

Quote:
But Corbyn has repeatedly put it out there that anti-Semitism will not be tolerated. He then tried to reach out to the Zionist side of Judaism but was coldly rejected. Even if he had met them he wouldn't be telling them he had a change of heart regarding Israel. All he could offer them is what he's already told us all, including them; any form or racism won't be tolerated.

As for the Jewish people he met, for years he's been in full contact with non-Zionist Jews. This wasn't anything new.

The bottom line is, Corbyn doesn't sit on Zionisms political side and is therefore seen as a very real threat.
Why wouldn’t they reject him! He isn’t doing this voluntarily but to attempt to save his own neck. Do you think Jewish people are stupid? If someone had denegrated you and your religion for several decades but was now trying to deny having done so to protect their political career would you want a bar of them - I know I wouldn’t.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:39 PM #494

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

All words and no action. Words mean nothing.
Can you tell us exactly what he has DONE about the problem in the last few weeks that has sent out a crystal clear message that he won't tolerate antisemitism?
Old 08-04-2018, 12:41 PM #495
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I KNOW when someone is Jewish or not - especially - when I have talked to them 'up close'.

What I also KNOW, is when a thread about (NOT SO) 'Secret Anti-Semitism in the Labour Party' is being derailed and potential posts DEFLECTED not only by members causing a ridiculous hoo-ha by bringing in a question of whether I am being anti-Semitic or not because I used the innocent term 'Jewish-Looking' but also being derailed by members bringing in the non-relevant subject of Israel.

Deflection often happens because those deflecting have NO argument.

I am NOT the thread topic here and NOR is Israel.
I have an argument you have chosen to ignore it, again why did you think the man was Jewish?
Old 08-04-2018, 12:48 PM #496

Quote:
FFS Kaz.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:50 PM #497

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Why do you keep bringing Zionism into it? What EXACTLY does that have to do with Corbyn and members of the Labour party's antisemitic slurs? Justification in your eyes? What?
Old 08-04-2018, 12:53 PM #498

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:

Please don’t refer to Marsh as a tit.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:55 PM #499

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

That's what made it doubly funny.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:01 PM #500
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

Can I excuse myself from giving a direct opinion on that. I would hate having to lie about it!
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
antissemtic, secret