Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 04:48 PM #526
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Great post Girth. The FRUSTRATING irony for me is that I am not tied to ANY one Political Party but even though I am becoming more and more disenchanted with the Government, I could NEVER vote Labour again whilst Corbyn AND his like-minded cronies are running it.
Agree. Labours leadership has been an issue for quite a while for me. I had fewer issues with the Millibands than I currently have with Corbyn as a leader.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Old 08-04-2018, 04:51 PM #527
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I too am a life long Labour voter,but they could put lighted matches down my nails and I still would never vote for this sneaky idiot
I wouldn't go as far as that but I get what you mean

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Old 08-04-2018, 05:11 PM #528
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And I'm telling you no.
It definitely has NOTHING to do with noses or hair.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:23 PM #529
User banned

User banned

Quote:
It's never going to be addressed while people don't believe it's going on and actually denying it in the face of people's experiences.
The kind of idealism that leaves you deaf, dumb and blind is far from being progressive and simply becomes a handicap. The party as a whole should be more important than any single member - even the leader - and any true Labour supporter should recognise that. The damage being done to the party will likely last for years.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:14 PM #530
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
And I'm telling you no.
So from what I gather there is a Jewish 'look' but you're not willing to share what that is?

Last edited by Kizzy; 08-04-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:23 PM #531

I did not realise that my mate had photographed him!!!!!!

NOW WE CAN ALL GO BACK TO DISCUSSING SLIMEBALL CORBYN AND ANTISEMITISM IN HIS LABOUR PARTY

Old 08-04-2018, 07:08 PM #532

The funny thing is, this thread is about showing empathy and respect to other faiths; something you think Corbyn isn't doing. Yet the lack of empathy and respect for Muslims on here is an entirely different kettle of fish. That religion has been demonized on here again and again (add tedium) and I'm not just talking about the hijab or males repressing females or terrorism I'm talking about the persecution of the religion itself.

Its interesting what you find when you look back though old threads. The same people today are saying the opposite about freedom of speech re- religion.

Quote:
Seventy-eight percent support punishment for the people who earlier this year published cartoons featuring the Prophet Mohammed. Sixty-eight percent support the arrest and prosecution of those British people who "insult Islam." When asked if free speech should be protected, even if it offends religious groups, 62 percent of British Muslims say No, it should not.
Talk about closing mosques got this reply
Quote:
Turn them into fecking Bingo halls and save a few Christian places of worship from that fate.
and this
Quote:
Our press freedoms and freedom of speech are part of our democracy and as such we have the right to poke fun or satirise ALL religious icons including Mohammed.
Quote:
Kick them all out.
Seriously, kick them all out.
Quote:
Islam is simply one religion among many and has no right to special consideration. All religions are open to ridicule - no exceptions for Islam.
You can't have one rule for one religion and a different for another. You can't say its okay to make jest or speak badly of one faith whilst defending another faith. But on here you clearly can and for that reason I can only conclude that this has much more to do with getting rid of Corbyn and using trumped up ridiculus accusations to do it, it is a Poundland Dodgy Dossier and those willing to bring anti-Semitism in to do this are doing so dishonestly.

Bearing false witness is the 9th Commandment and it is punishable by death in the Mosaic Law.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:10 PM #533

These postmodernists campaigning against anti-Semitism are full of so much ****, they aim to neuter religions as they believe they are a patriarchal structure that is holding back the development of their society. Lets look at what Corbyn has said about the Jewish faith (I'll bet you, you don't find a single thing). Lets move onto economics where we can find loads of stuff. That is what leads to the suspicion that there is a (not so) hidden agenda.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:50 PM #534
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
The funny thing is, this thread is about showing empathy and respect to other faiths; something you think Corbyn isn't doing. Yet the lack of empathy and respect for Muslims on here is an entirely different kettle of fish. That religion has been demonized on here again and again (add tedium) and I'm not just talking about the hijab or males repressing females or terrorism I'm talking about the persecution of the religion itself.

Its interesting what you find when you look back though old threads. The same people today are saying the opposite about freedom of speech re- religion.

and this

You can't have one rule for one religion and a different for another. You can't say its okay to make jest or speak badly of one faith whilst defending another faith. But on here you clearly can and for that reason I can only conclude that this has much more to do with getting rid of Corbyn and using trumped up ridiculus accusations to do it, it is a Poundland Dodgy Dossier and those willing to bring anti-Semitism in to do this are doing so dishonestly.

Bearing false witness is the 9th Commandment and it is punishable by death in the Mosaic Law.
After your sarcastic comments on the apparent rantings of others earlier you produce this hypocritical diatribe. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on certain religions whether you like them or not - it is not your call to censor the opinions of others however hard you try.

It seems to me that you have one rule for one religion and a different for another with your total disapproval of any criticism of Islam whilst defending the leader of the political party you support despite documented evidence of his antisemetic opinions on many occasions. One rule for you and another for the rest of us.

Out of interest what relevance do you think that last paragraph has to those that are not Jewish? You really need to take a chill pill? Pure hysterics!

Last edited by Brillopad; 08-04-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:59 PM #535
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

and this

Just how long have you been here?...

Great post btw.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:13 PM #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Just how long have you been here?...

Great post btw.
Too long!
Old 08-04-2018, 08:31 PM #537

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 08-04-2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: double post
Old 08-04-2018, 08:32 PM #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
After your sarcastic comments on the apparent rantings of others earlier you produce this hypocritical diatribe. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on certain religions whether you like them or not - it is not your call to censor the opinions of others however hard you try.
Does that include Corbyn?
Quote:
It seems to me that you have one rule for one religion and a different for another with your total disapproval of any criticism of Islam whilst defending the leader of the political party you support despite documented evidence of his antisemetic opinions on many occasions. One rule for you and another for the rest of us.
Your seeming is wrong. I have defended the Muslim faith and will continue to defend it because 99% of Muslims are peaceful, respectable people. Your outward viciousness towards the Muslim faith has been embarrassing and makes me ashamed to be British.

As for Judaism, I've already stated its a beautiful religion on so many levels. If I was to choose any religion it would be Judaism. But I stand with Corbyn on condemning those who (with a fairly new idea) support an apartheid in Israel and make a mockery of those who remain with their old faith and oppose the land sweeps and apartheid in Israel. That doesn't make me anti-Semitic, it just means I oppose a political idea... same for Corbyn.
I also oppose radical Islam but does that make me Islamophobic?
Old 08-04-2018, 09:27 PM #539
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Does that include Corbyn?

Your seeming is wrong. I have defended the Muslim faith and will continue to defend it because 99% of Muslims are peaceful, respectable people. Your outward viciousness towards the Muslim faith has been embarrassing and makes me ashamed to be British.

As for Judaism, I've already stated its a beautiful religion on so many levels. If I was to choose any religion it would be Judaism. But I stand with Corbyn on condemning those who (with a fairly new idea) support an apartheid in Israel and make a mockery of those who remain with their old faith and oppose the land sweeps and apartheid in Israel. That doesn't make me anti-Semitic, it just means I oppose a political idea... same for Corbyn.
I also oppose radical Islam but does that make me Islamophobic?
Explain your definition of ‘viciousness’ as I don’t believe I have said anything ‘vicious’. I have criticised mass immigration and the wearing of Burkhas in the West. Burkhas represent female oppression and have no place in the West where women are equal. It is insulting in the opinion of many Western women. I along with other Western women have every right to express such concerns.

How is that vicious? Should such opinions be shut down for fear of offending Muslims - why are their feelings more relevant/important than those of Western women in your book? I find your clear priority for the feelings of Muslim men and women over those of Western women in the West equally as ‘vicious’ if that is the case.

Come on how exactly have my comments been ‘vicious’ - you are just attempting to shut down Western women in their own countries - how dare they object! Not only is that controlling and dictorial it is pretty vicious in my opinion.

As for Corbyn - he wants to hold the most important job in the country - he therefore has responsibilities that you and I do not have and is much more accountable for his actions. If you can’t see that it is a waste of time having any kind of discussion with you on the subject.

Last edited by Brillopad; 08-04-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:29 PM #540
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
So from what I gather there is a Jewish 'look' but you're not willing to share what that is?
As someone who is technically Jewish (maternal grandmother) but don't like to make a song and dance about it, I can tell you there's no such thing as a Jewish look. Saying there is is perpetuating outdated and dangerous stereotypes.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:34 PM #541
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Explain your definition of ‘viciousness’ as I don’t believe I have said anything ‘vicious’. I have criticised mass immigration and the wearing of Burkhas in the West. Burkhas represent female oppression and have no place in the West where women are equal. It is insulting in the opinion of many Western women. I along with other Western women have every right to express such concerns.

How is that vicious? Should such opinions be shut down for fear of offending Muslims - why are their feelings more relevant/important than those of Western women in your book? I find your clear priority for the feelings of Muslim men and women over those of Western women in the West equally as ‘vicious’ if that is the case.

Come on how exactly have my comments been ‘vicious’ - you are just attempting to shut down Western women in their own countries - how dare they object! Not only is that controlling and dictorial it is pretty vicious in my opinion.

As for Corbyn - he wants to hold the most important job in the country - he therefore has responsibilities that you and I do not have and is much more accountable for his actions. If you can’t see that it is a waste of time having any kind of discussion with you on the subject.
And you are harassing here! DR posted examples of the kind of comments that are made here in that could be considered Islamophobic...

Those examples did NOT specifically target you they were posted for reference.

Last edited by Kizzy; 08-04-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:38 PM #542
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
As someone who is technically Jewish (maternal grandmother) but don't like to make a song and dance about it, I can tell you there's no such thing as a Jewish look. Saying there is is perpetuating outdated and dangerous stereotypes.
I would have thought so too but judging by the pics posted it's fine :/
I'm not Jewish but they make me feel really uncomfortable!
Old 08-04-2018, 09:45 PM #543

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I would have thought so too but judging by the pics posted it's fine :/
I'm not Jewish but they make me feel really uncomfortable!
But Corbyn and his Labour cronies proven antisemitism remarks don't. ok.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:52 PM #544
User banned

User banned

Quote:
And you are harassing here! DR posted examples of the kind of comments that are made here in that could be considered Islamophobic...

Those examples did NOT specifically target you they were posted for reference.
Have you read her comments - they were personal all right! Don’t try that on with me Kizzy - who exactly is attempting to harass who here!
Old 08-04-2018, 09:52 PM #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
My father-in-law is a Polish Jew and he just looks caucasian. He certainly doesn't look Middle Eastern no matter how hard I stare at him!
Old 08-04-2018, 09:54 PM #546

Quote:
Have you read her comments - they were personal all right! Don’t try that on with me Kizzy - who exactly is attempting to harass who here!
And you never post personal comments about Kizzy or me? You just word them carefully so you don't get infractions but its very clear who you are aiming them at.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:56 PM #547
User banned

User banned

Quote:
And you never post personal comments about Kizzy or me? You just word them carefully so you don't get infractions but its very clear who you are aiming them at.
Oh I don’t get infractions. If you say so!

Last edited by Brillopad; 08-04-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:19 PM #548

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

and this

We are talking about Corbyn here, the leader of the Labour party and his close Labour cronies, not random members of the public posting comments on a forum. I haven’t seen any vile racist comments on here, which says to me they are few and far between and I’m sure those you referenced were not posted by anyone posting in this thread.

Any forum consists of all types of people with different views, the difference is forum members are not hoping to lead the country and are not held to the same standards of someone who is and the party he represents.

You are not in any position to point out any vile remarks (which of course they are) when you are going all out to downplay the vile antisemitism rife in the Labour party proven by their remarks and tolerated by the man who you seem to see as the second coming.
Do you not even see the hypocrisy here? Are you that blinded by your love of Corbyn?

Last edited by jet; 08-04-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:27 PM #549

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Brillo, stop begging the mods for dem bans.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:29 PM #550

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:

and this

Go try and start a religion, see if you get any rights....one rule for some....ok in that instance
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
antissemtic, secret