Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2018, 09:54 AM #676
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
If she was banned for the comments she made to me; she responded to perfectly civil posts in a conversation she wasn't actually involved in, essentially called me stupid in an aggressive manner, and then also followed it up with another aggressive post...

Its not even that I don't "get it", clearly something I had said in another thread at another time has irritated her (probably multiple threads) but it still doesn't really validate direct personal attacks... Which were certainly unprovoked... Because she was responding to posts that weren't even directed at her and that were totally non-confrontational (more specifically, the posts were about the fact that I try to understand criminals because I find human psychology interesting ).

It's not the first time either; Livia has directly attacked me / suggested that I'm "not clever" based on what I do for a living before, too. She has a personal desire to "take me down a peg", I think. And I mean... I don't even particularly care... Like I said on the thread, I'm a big boy and I'm not insecure about my intelligence. I didn't report her, I wouldn't have wanted her banned, I like Livia when she's not mad at me but personal attacks like that are plainly against the rules so...
First Dezzy discusses my bans and infractions quite openly on the forum while I'm not here. And now... TS has done the same. No infraction, I bet, despite the fact that I came on here last night and asked for TS’s post to be removed and gave the reasons why. But no, it remains. There have either been no mods on at all, or one.

We all thought something was going to change for a minute there didn’t we, that all of us who come here every day, click the stupid advert, support the place, may get a positive reaction to what is a serious problem on this forum… but no. We’ve been ignored… and the unsustainable madness continues.

I am taking a break, but I will be back. I want to see if anything’s changed. I'm not holding my breath.

And just for the record, because I’d hate Marshy to be mad at me… and because TS has brought it up himself in this thread so can hardly object to me responding. My comment about TS’s being stupid because of the job he does… He had been busy mansplaining about how his opinion was exact and I saying how I should “think about it” and how “It’s quite simple Livia…” you know how he goes. And I said “Yes TS, we all know that. You don’t have to work in a bookies to know”. It was a response to his often smug, patronising responses. Similarly in my latest post that took me into a ban, I said “I know you think there is no room for error in any of your opinions, but let me tell you... you are not THAT clever. Everyone on here can understand the grey areas, it's not just you”.

I’m not reading any more of Kizzy’s poison, or DR’s frantic nonsense, and now TS is on the list too. Sad… we got on okay most of the time, if a little scratchy when he patronised me and I respond, but we had a mutual respect, I think. Of course that’s before he imagined this was all about him and took the huge liberty of discussing me and my infractions here.

I feel quite justified in this post, let’s see how long it stays, or when the infraction lands.

And finally, yes, I’ve lately had a huge issue with this thread, and I have been shocked and quite disgusted at some of the comments. (TS said it wasn’t about this thread, it is… he doesn’t speak for me, ever). For the record, no one can tell me when to feel aggrieved. It’s not anyone else’s call.
Old 15-04-2018, 09:55 AM #677
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
The name change thing wasn't our idea. And that was not meant to be all either but James has been very busy.

Staying out of this this time, besides pointing out that.
We're ALL very busy, Vicky, James has a responsibility.
Old 15-04-2018, 09:59 AM #678
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
We're ALL very busy, Vicky, James has a responsibility.
I second that Liv!
Old 15-04-2018, 10:09 AM #679
User banned

User banned

Quote:
First Dezzy discusses my bans and infractions quite openly on the forum while I'm not here. And now... TS has done the same. No infraction, I bet, despite the fact that I came on here last night and asked for TS’s post to be removed and gave the reasons why. But no, it remains. There have either been no mods on at all, or one.

We all thought something was going to change for a minute there didn’t we, that all of us who come here every day, click the stupid advert, support the place, may get a positive reaction to what is a serious problem on this forum… but no. We’ve been ignored… and the unsustainable madness continues.

I am taking a break, but I will be back. I want to see if anything’s changed. I'm not holding my breath.

And just for the record, because I’d hate Marshy to be mad at me… and because TS has brought it up himself in this thread so can hardly object to me responding. My comment about TS’s being stupid because of the job he does… He had been busy mansplaining about how his opinion was exact and I saying how I should “think about it” and how “It’s quite simple Livia…” you know how he goes. And I said “Yes TS, we all know that. You don’t have to work in a bookies to know”. It was a response to his often smug, patronising responses. Similarly in my latest post that took me into a ban, I said “I know you think there is no room for error in any of your opinions, but let me tell you... you are not THAT clever. Everyone on here can understand the grey areas, it's not just you”.

I’m not reading any more of Kizzy’s poison, or DR’s frantic nonsense, and now TS is on the list too. Sad… we got on okay most of the time, if a little scratchy when he patronised me and I respond, but we had a mutual respect, I think. Of course that’s before he imagined this was all about him and took the huge liberty of discussing me and my infractions here.

I feel quite justified in this post, let’s see how long it stays, or when the infraction lands.

And finally, yes, I’ve lately had a huge issue with this thread, and I have been shocked and quite disgusted at some of the comments. (TS said it wasn’t about this thread, it is… he doesn’t speak for me, ever). For the record, no one can tell me when to feel aggrieved. It’s not anyone else’s call.
The whole thing clearly got blown out of all proportion as is usual on here. Personally I believe there was more behind the ban (about a dozen of us or so know what I mean) than any comments you made in your posts that pale into insignificance to many on here and were reactionary. Same ol, same ol!

Take care Liv. I may see you when you come back, but then again I may not if you get my meaning.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:10 AM #680

Bloody Livia!!!

Welcome to the Frequent Ban Club!

A free balloon and a bottle of your favourite beverage for new members.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:23 AM #681

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Bloody Livia!!!

Welcome to the Frequent Ban Club!

A free balloon and a bottle of your favourite beverage for new members.
And 15 minutes in the cupboard with its eldest member.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:24 AM #682

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

James needs to grow a pair and do the right thing.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:25 AM #683
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Promise you will come back Livia, don't get pushed off here like lots of others have been ,how on earth did TS get away with making these assumptions about you and putting words into your mouth and even going as far as deciding what you were thinking ? Oh yes Ive just realised why, the same reason lots of other gang members get away with stuff ,they have a mod in their pocket !!
Old 15-04-2018, 10:26 AM #684

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:

Livia, I am totally with you on this one. The disgust at some posts on this thread and the failure to resolve any of the problems in general are just too much to shrug off and carry on. Who needs it? I'm taking a break myself. But I hope there are changes and you come back soon Livia, you are at the heart of SD.

Last edited by jet; 15-04-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:26 AM #685
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
James needs to grow a pair and do the right thing.
He sure does Parmy ,Im sick of having IMPORTANT messages ignored, if he's " too busy" he should hand the reins over to someone not so busy as they have to ignore several members complaints and requests
Old 15-04-2018, 10:30 AM #686
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i honestly thought things were going to change, but it seems to have been just words to placate until the dust settled
Its up to us to make sure the dust doesn't settle and get brushed under the carpet
Old 15-04-2018, 10:31 AM #687
-

-

I can accept that you find me patronising Livia, I can be patronising and I am generally quite sure of myself (though I don't think my opinions are "exact" at all, and try to take many opinions on board from many varieties of member). It still doesn't really justify direct personal attacks, in my opinion.

Discussing infractions... I'm not a mod so I'm not really inclined to avoid discussing them. I don't mind if the posts are removed though.

Other than that all I can really say is that I have zero interest in any sort of ongoing "feud", I honestly DO understand getting frustrated with this place, but when it comes down to it (no offense intended to staff) it's really just not worth it?
Old 15-04-2018, 10:32 AM #688

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
He sure does Parmy ,Im sick of having IMPORTANT messages ignored, if he's " too busy" he should hand the reins over to someone not so busy as they have to ignore several members complaints and requests
I know a mod who does bugger all half the time
Old 15-04-2018, 10:35 AM #689

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
And 15 minutes in the cupboard with its eldest member.
LT doesn't let anybody else in.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:47 AM #690
-

-

Quote:
Promise you will come back Livia, don't get pushed off here like lots of others have been ,how on earth did TS get away with making these assumptions about you and putting words into your mouth and even going as far as deciding what you were thinking ? Oh yes Ive just realised why, the same reason lots of other gang members get away with stuff ,they have a mod in their pocket !!
I've done nothing but piss mods off lately and had a 24h ban less than a month ago, chuff.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:52 AM #691
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I've done nothing but piss mods off lately and had a 24h ban less than a month ago, chuff.
Your mate must have gone out for the night when you received your ban
Old 15-04-2018, 11:10 AM #692
-

-

Quote:
Your mate must have gone out for the night when you received your ban
Or the mod bias (which I still believe exists and has existed, and spent several threads pointing out a few weeks back) has far more to do with the topics being discussed, than which members are discussing it.

Any "mod bias" that worked in my favour, if there was any, evaporated as soon as I was on "the wrong side of the discussion". Likewise, members who usually express feeling targeted fall under the protective bubble as soon as their views align with mods.

Prime example; Brillo is "at risk" when discussing Islam, but "safe" when discussing feminist issues.
Old 15-04-2018, 11:14 AM #693
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Or the mod bias (which I still believe exists and has existed, and spent several threads pointing out a few weeks back) has far more to do with the topics being discussed, than which members are discussing it.

Any "mod bias" that worked in my favour, if there was any, evaporated as soon as I was on "the wrong side of the discussion". Likewise, members who usually express feeling targeted fall under the protective bubble as soon as their views align with mods.

Prime example; Brillo is "at risk" when discussing Islam, but "safe" when discussing feminist issues.
Why bring Brillo into things ?
Old 15-04-2018, 11:19 AM #694
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Well I think it’s safe to say this thread has gone off topic

The scars on my mind are on replay
Old 15-04-2018, 11:24 AM #695
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:

Didn't realise that it should be "unsafe" to discuss feminist issues but whatever.

Sick to death of this place myself

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 15-04-2018, 11:25 AM #696
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Well I think it’s safe to say this thread has gone off topic
Going to try to get it closed down now then. No doubt it will get back on topic if people don’t try to shut down threads not to their liking.
Old 15-04-2018, 11:26 AM #697
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Going to try to get it closed down now then. No doubt it will get back on topic if people don’t try to shut down threads not to their liking.
Old 15-04-2018, 11:29 AM #698
-

-

Quote:
Why bring Brillo into things ?
It wasn't even in a negative way? Stop looking for fights
Old 15-04-2018, 11:32 AM #699
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It wasn't even in a negative way? Stop looking for fights
Im far from looking for fights, Im trying to stop them !
Old 15-04-2018, 11:34 AM #700

Quote:
James doesn't have to adhere to any "requests".
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
antissemtic, secret