Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 18-04-2018, 06:20 PM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Could you tell us what that 'lot' is so far?
I asked first, but nice deflection.
Old 18-04-2018, 06:27 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I asked first, but nice deflection.
I'm not aware of May tweeting in support of antisemitism, or any of her ministers writing disgusting tweets, sending dead birds in the post, or threatening death to Jewish Tories. She has not been accused of anything, Corbyn and his cronies has.

It is you who is deflecting, as usual. Again, what is 'the lot' that Corbyn has done?
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 06:48 PM #28
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I'm not aware of May tweeting in support of antisemitism, or any of her ministers writing disgusting tweets, sending dead birds in the post, or threatening death to Jewish Tories. She has not been accused of anything, Corbyn and his cronies has.

It is you who is deflecting, as usual. Again, what is 'the lot' that Corbyn has done?
Are you really going to blame the leader of the opposition for some nutter sending a dead bird... Are you aware how crazy that sounds?

Watching the clip of Ruth Smeeth reading out every offensive comment ever levelled at her via social media that is Corbyn too it's implied!

Sorry but that is some other level madness, to lay all that at the feet of one man and should it be anyone else it would border on harassment.

You are fixating on this issue and not the wider story, ALL parties were facing the same scrutiny in that article, why can you not address all parties have improvements to make?

Following this windrush debacle are you really going to attempt to suggest may is squeaky clean... it was HER 'hostile environment' policy that has seen innocent Brits deported :/
That bojo isn't a mad racist or Jo Cox wasn't murdered by a right wing nut job?

I find your perspective very blinkered, again I asked you what are the tories doing to improve public perception?
Old 18-04-2018, 06:59 PM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are you really going to blame the leader of the opposition for some nutter sending a dead bird... Are you aware how crazy that sounds?

Watching the clip of Ruth Smeeth reading out every offensive comment ever levelled at her via social media that is Corbyn too it's implied!

Sorry but that is some other level madness, to lay all that at the feet of one man and should it be anyone else it would border on harassment.

You are fixating on this issue and not the wider story, ALL parties were facing the same scrutiny in that article, why can you not address all parties have improvements to make?

Following this windrush debacle are you really going to attempt to suggest may is squeaky clean... it was HER 'hostile environment' policy that has seen innocent Brits deported :/
That bojo isn't a mad racist or Jo Cox wasn't murdered by a right wing nut job?

I find your perspective very blinkered, again I asked you what are the tories doing to improve public perception?
My question was specific - about antisemitism. Have the Tories been exposed for disgusting antisemitism and May asked to stamp it out? No.
I have your answer regarding Steptoe. He has done sweet damn all and just made things worse. Otherwise you would have been only too delighted to post the 'lot' he has done.
Old 18-04-2018, 07:10 PM #30
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
My question was specific - about antisemitism. Have the Tories been exposed for disgusting antisemitism and May asked to stamp it out? No.
I have your answer regarding Steptoe. He has done sweet damn all and just made things worse. Otherwise you would have been only too delighted to post the 'lot' he has done.
Nope, your post had a quote from an article discussing ALL parties and ALL areas of abuse.

You're just too blinkered to acknowledge that it seems, It's well referenced in the media what steps the Labour party has taken specifically since actually having a Jewish leader... that was mercilessly targeted via the media if you remember?

What again have the tories done? I'll tell you as you don't seem willing to respond...Nothing, they point fingers and whip up distrust in the Labour party but them themselves have done nothing to address their own issues.

Take the chip from your own eye...
Old 18-04-2018, 07:27 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Nope, your post had a quote from an article discussing ALL parties and ALL areas of abuse.

You're just too blinkered to acknowledge that it seems, It's well referenced in the media what steps the Labour party has taken specifically since actually having a Jewish leader... that was mercilessly targeted via the media if you remember?

What again have the tories done? I'll tell you as you don't seem willing to respond...Nothing, they point fingers and whip up distrust in the Labour party but them themselves have done nothing to address their own issues.

Take the chip from your own eye...
Nope, my post asked you what Corbyn has done about antisemitism in direct reference to your assertion which I bolded in your post:
Quote:
We know that labour are doing a lot to address issues within the party and rightly so...
You haven't answered so I take it you have no links or evidence to post so you divert and ask me what the Tories have done, about what exactly? I can't answer a question without specific details and evidence of May and the Tories being antisemitic. Do you have links/articles of May and the Tory members posting disgusting tweets etc. that prove your accusations like we have with Corbyn/Labour members? What has she been asked to do about it? Otherwise its impossible for me to comment.

Quote:
It's well referenced in the media what steps the Labour party has taken specifically since actually having a Jewish leader..
What steps were these? You mean it was even WORSE than it is now?

Last edited by jet; 18-04-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 18-04-2018, 07:39 PM #32

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The Labour leadership may take some comfort in the poll’s finding that[almost a third of people also believed claims of antisemitism have been exaggerated to damage Mr Corbyn.
Disgusting given the actual evidence in black and white and the extent of the problem. It's very telling indeed. Thank goodness over 2 thirds take antisemitism seriously enough not to downplay it and turn a blind eye to suit their agenda.

Last edited by jet; 18-04-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 18-04-2018, 07:39 PM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Nope, my post asked you what Corbyn has done about antisemitism in direct reference to your assertion which I bolded:

You haven't answered so I take it you have no links or evidence to post so you divert and ask me what the Tories have done, about what exactly? I can't answer a question without specific details and evidence of May and the Tories being antisemitic. Do you have links/articles of May and the Tory members posting disgusting tweets etc. that prove your accusations like we have with Corbyn/Labour members? What has she been asked to do about it? Otherwise its impossible for me to comment.

What steps were these? You mean it was even WORSE than it is now?
The post you quoted asked a question, you can't answer a question with a question... You basically just ignored me... why then would I choose to answer you? :/

Again you choose not to address my query so I'll end this silly cyclical discussion here.
Old 18-04-2018, 07:42 PM #34
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Disgusting given the actual evidence in black and white and the extent of the problem. It's very telling indeed. Thank goodness over 2 thirds take antisemitism seriously enough not to downplay it and turn a blind eye to suit their agenda.
There is an issue clearly, that's not in dispute... are some exploiting the issue?... most definitely.

There is nothing wrong with expressing that view.
Old 18-04-2018, 07:45 PM #35
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I think they need to stop checking popularity in their polls and start measuring for apathy... we're at that point where involvement of the public, is far more important, especially with upheaval.

I honestly could care less how people vote, only if they turn out. Especially to elections that dictate who the candidates will actually be in the general... I don't know if they have primaries in the UK? (Can you select your candidates?) But those are so much more important than the general imo...

Last edited by Maru; 18-04-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 07:48 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The post you quoted asked a question, you can't answer a question with a question... You basically just ignored me... why then would I choose to answer you? :/

Again you choose not to address my query so I'll end this silly cyclical discussion here.
Of course you will. I understand.
Old 18-04-2018, 07:55 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

http://talkradio.co.uk/news/labour-m...ty-18041825630

By Nick Moore - @nick_moore

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Labour MP John Mann MP has told Julia Hartley-Brewer that Jeremy Corbyn should kick Ken Livingstone out of Labour and that Jewish people would feel safer as a consequence.

"It’s nothing new, but the scale of it is far worse," he said of antisemitism within Labour. "It is far more vicious that it was."

"It’s got a lot to do with Momentum. They are orchestrating overt antisemitism. There is a far bigger group that are apologists.

"Jeremy Corbyn can act decisively on changing this dialogue. He can kick out Ken Livingstone, and the other antisemites from the party. If he does that the world can move on and Jewish people can feel significantly safer."

Conservative MP Robert Halfon added: “The level of antisemitism and the way it has manifested itself is like something I’ve never felt before. I got up to applaud two Labour MPs yesterday, it was extraordinary. You wanted to weep when you heard what they had had to endure.

"The problem with the Corbyn leadership is that at best they are turning a blind eye to it, at worst they are condoning it."
Old 18-04-2018, 08:32 PM #38
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
http://talkradio.co.uk/news/labour-m...ty-18041825630

By Nick Moore - @nick_moore

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Labour MP John Mann MP has told Julia Hartley-Brewer that Jeremy Corbyn should kick Ken Livingstone out of Labour and that Jewish people would feel safer as a consequence.

"It’s nothing new, but the scale of it is far worse," he said of antisemitism within Labour. "It is far more vicious that it was."

"It’s got a lot to do with Momentum. They are orchestrating overt antisemitism. There is a far bigger group that are apologists.

"Jeremy Corbyn can act decisively on changing this dialogue. He can kick out Ken Livingstone, and the other antisemites from the party. If he does that the world can move on and Jewish people can feel significantly safer."

Conservative MP Robert Halfon added: “The level of antisemitism and the way it has manifested itself is like something I’ve never felt before. I got up to applaud two Labour MPs yesterday, it was extraordinary. You wanted to weep when you heard what they had had to endure.

"The problem with the Corbyn leadership is that at best they are turning a blind eye to it, at worst they are condoning it."

Again this is a witch hunt..

It matters not now the thoughts , words or deeds of Livingstone or Corbyn it's gone past that it's political.

'Labour’s general secretary, Iain McNicol, made it clear in a letter to the former mayor that the case against him was not about the historical facts, but whether his conduct was “grossly detrimental” to the party, especially given his defence of antisemitic facebook posts by Bradford west MP Naz Shah. She has since apologised for the posts.'

'The hearing by Labour’s national constitutional committee (NCC), the only body with the power to expel members, will continue into Friday, when the panel will make a decision.'

Why did the NCC not remove Livingstone?... He couldn't be he was an important levering tool to remove a bigger obstacle.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-london-mayor

http://kenlivingstone.net/Docs/State...ivingstone.pdf
Old 19-04-2018, 12:19 AM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Again this is a witch hunt..

It matters not now the thoughts , words or deeds of Livingstone or Corbyn it's gone past that it's political.

'Labour’s general secretary, Iain McNicol, made it clear in a letter to the former mayor that the case against him was not about the historical facts, but whether his conduct was “grossly detrimental” to the party, especially given his defence of antisemitic facebook posts by Bradford west MP Naz Shah. She has since apologised for the posts.'

'The hearing by Labour’s national constitutional committee (NCC), the only body with the power to expel members, will continue into Friday, when the panel will make a decision.'

Why did the NCC not remove Livingstone?... He couldn't be he was an important levering tool to remove a bigger obstacle.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-london-mayor

http://kenlivingstone.net/Docs/State...ivingstone.pdf
I take it this is you trying to absolve Corbyn for doing zilch about Livingstone... do some research on the NCC.... Anyway, after reading your 'witch hunt' comment I will decline from engaging with you any further. I've had enough of your excuses for Corbyn and his pals.

Last edited by jet; 19-04-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Old 19-04-2018, 03:15 AM #40
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I take it this is you trying to absolve Corbyn for doing zilch about Livingstone... do some research on the NCC.... Anyway, after reading your 'witch hunt' comment I will decline from engaging with you any further. I've had enough of your excuses for Corbyn and his pals.
If you have some insider info on the NCC let's hear it...You have ignored the voices of the Jewish Labour members in favour of your media hyped rhetoric what else could that be described as? And now you refuse to further engage.
If that's not an 'agenda' I don't know what is. :/
Old 19-04-2018, 06:40 AM #41
-

-

Jet with an anti-Corbyn agenda? Never! It's just not possible. I refuse to believe this!
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 09:46 AM #42
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
I think they need to stop checking popularity in their polls and start measuring for apathy... we're at that point where involvement of the public, is far more important, especially with upheaval.

I honestly could care less how people vote, only if they turn out. Especially to elections that dictate who the candidates will actually be in the general... I don't know if they have primaries in the UK? (Can you select your candidates?) But those are so much more important than the general imo...
well said.
No, we don't have primaries.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 09:51 AM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Jet with an anti-Corbyn agenda? Never! It's just not possible. I refuse to believe this!

No agenda really, I just despise Corbyn.

Last edited by jet; 19-04-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
corbyn, labour, level, support, tories, wanes