Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 23-04-2018, 05:07 PM #26
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Ahhh sorry, my mistake; I thought that providing you with reasons that you were wrong was the correct way to go about things. I should have just said "you're totally not correct" and be done with it.

Just out of interest, who was Obama an apologist for exactly?
It doesn't matter what I say, because you don't want to hear a bad word said about Saint Obama, so here's an article about his top 10 apologies. Make of it whatever you want.

https://www.heritage.org/europe/repo...ted-superpower
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 05:22 PM #27
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
That's because we had 8 years of a leader of the free world that showed weakness by being an apologist. We now have a strong leader who they know they can't mess with.

All about leadership and sending out the right message.
Sounds more like wishful thinking, a country like North Korea doesn't magically just do a 180 for no reason, there is more to this than meets the eye.
Old 23-04-2018, 05:30 PM #28
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
It doesn't matter what I say, because you don't want to hear a bad word said about Saint Obama, so here's an article about his top 10 apologies. Make of it whatever you want.

https://www.heritage.org/europe/repo...ted-superpower
So you don't have any opinions of your own?

I was actually disappointed by Obamas 2 terms. He was the first candidate for a long time that talked about the issues (wars, tax policy, womens choice, religion) in a way that aligned with modern liberal, progressive values. Unfortunately, he was so concerned with trying to bring people together that he never fought back against the regressive 1950's policies of republicans.

What annoys me the most, is not that you hold this opinion, it's that you are so devoid of any actual ability to formulate your own arguments that you just churn out nonsense in the form of someone else's top 10 lists.

Maybe we can discuss our top 10 favourite ice creams after this, or how about our top 10 favourite crisps?

He apologized for a few things, isn't that the grown ups are supposed to do? Or do you see America as completely faultless for their torture program and for starting wars in the middle east on completely bogus and often made up information.

I've heard this nonsense about Obama and his apology tours on fox for years, and it's all bollocks.

Anyone who reads the headlines in that list knows full well there's nothing there. You said Obama was an apologist - so I'll ask again, who was he an apologist for?

Now I know you probably never expected to be questioned on your initial whimsically nonsensical comment, so I'm guessing you'll either just ignore this post, or claim the fact that I've challenged you on this issue proves how right you were all along (spoiler alert: it doesn't). I'd like if you could answer the question.

The Heritage foundation are a terrible organisation, committed to taking away the rights of the mother to choose whether or not to have an abortion, and killing programs that benefit the poor.
Old 23-04-2018, 05:44 PM #29
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
So you don't have any opinions of your own?

I was actually disappointed by Obamas 2 terms. He was the first candidate for a long time that talked about the issues (wars, tax policy, womens choice, religion) in a way that aligned with modern liberal, progressive values. Unfortunately, he was so concerned with trying to bring people together that he never fought back against the regressive 1950's policies of republicans.

What annoys me the most, is not that you hold this opinion, it's that you are so devoid of any actual ability to formulate your own arguments that you just churn out nonsense in the form of someone else's top 10 lists.

Maybe we can discuss our top 10 favourite ice creams after this, or how about our top 10 favourite crisps?

He apologized for a few things, isn't that the grown ups are supposed to do? Or do you see America as completely faultless for their torture program and for starting wars in the middle east on completely bogus and often made up information.

I've heard this nonsense about Obama and his apology tours on fox for years, and it's all bollocks.

Anyone who reads the headlines in that list knows full well there's nothing there. You said Obama was an apologist - so I'll ask again, who was he an apologist for?

Now I know you probably never expected to be questioned on your initial whimsically nonsensical comment, so I'm guessing you'll either just ignore this post, or claim the fact that I've challenged you on this issue proves how right you were all along (spoiler alert: it doesn't). I'd like if you could answer the question.

The Heritage foundation are a terrible organisation, committed to taking away the rights of the mother to choose whether or not to have an abortion, and killing programs that benefit the poor.
For the USA's history. For Western culture. And Islamic terrorism.

Last edited by Alf; 23-04-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 23-04-2018, 05:59 PM #30
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
For the USA's history. For Western culture.
But that's rubbish. He took office in 2009 when the world pretty much hated the US for the post 9/11 insanity that took hold of the country. He just tried to set things right.

Even this post, your accusations are just so vague and meaningless that it's like you get your opinions directly from fox, breitbart, and the daily caller. Obama was a thoroughly decent man who was attacked and smeared from day one.

For the record, there's quite a lot in the US's history that does need to be apologised for, just like in our past, and just like everybody's past. Until you face up to the mistakes you've made, and build bridges with peoples you've hurt, then there will always be resentment. I don't understand how being the bigger person makes you a weak apologist. ONly a fool thinks he/she is right 100% of the time.

I see you've edited in Islamic terrorism, so please explain how he was an apologist for this? He increased drone strikes in the region, ended Iran's nuclearisation (through diplomacy and deal making), and killed Bin Laden. But yes, Mr hannity, please tell us how he was an apologist for terrorism.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 23-04-2018 at 06:02 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 06:18 PM #31
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
But that's rubbish. He took office in 2009 when the world pretty much hated the US for the post 9/11 insanity that took hold of the country. He just tried to set things right.

Even this post, your accusations are just so vague and meaningless that it's like you get your opinions directly from fox, breitbart, and the daily caller. Obama was a thoroughly decent man who was attacked and smeared from day one.

For the record, there's quite a lot in the US's history that does need to be apologised for, just like in our past, and just like everybody's past. Until you face up to the mistakes you've made, and build bridges with peoples you've hurt, then there will always be resentment. I don't understand how being the bigger person makes you a weak apologist. ONly a fool thinks he/she is right 100% of the time.
I haven't made no mistakes that I need to apologize for. And nobody needs to apologize for me on my behalf.

Every country has done bad things in their history. What's apologising gonna do but show weakness to people who couldn't care less for your apology?

And why wouldn't I read from the organisations that you named, but not only those organisations but others, like CNN, to form my opinions? You say it as if I read a certain news source that that is wrong to do.
Old 23-04-2018, 06:32 PM #32
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
I haven't made no mistakes that I need to apologize for. And nobody needs to apologize for me on my behalf.

Every country has done bad things in their history. What's apologising gonna do but show weakness to people who couldn't care less for your apology?

And why wouldn't I read from the organisations that you named, but not only those organisations but others, like CNN, to form my opinions? You say it as if I read a certain news source that that is wrong to do.
Knock yourself out, read whatever you want, but opinions from those places are easily identifiable (hence, I did it easily) because they are based on nothing factual and are spewed out by right wing commentators as opposed to serious journalists.

It's one thing to see the American crazies make up a load of lies about Obama, but it's another thing altogether to see the English crazies buy a ticket to crazy town with them.

And yet again, you've avoided providing any of the specifics I've asked for.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 23-04-2018 at 06:34 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 06:34 PM #33
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Knock yourself out, read whatever you want, but opinions from those places are easily identifiable (hence, I did it easily) because they are based on nothing factual and are spewed out by right wing commentators as opposed to serious journalists.

It's one thing to see the American crazies make up a load of lies about Obama, but it's another thing altogether to see the English crazies buy a ticket to crazy town with them.
I'm team Candace and Kanye!
Old 23-04-2018, 06:46 PM #34
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:

And yet again, you've avoided providing any of the specifics I've asked for.
Us British crazies told Obama to sod off when he tried handing out a threat to us, by telling us that we'll go to the back of the queue if we left the EU. We said who's this weak piece of sh!t think he's talking too? We don't take threats of week leaders.
Old 23-04-2018, 06:48 PM #35
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I thought this thread was about North Korea?
Old 23-04-2018, 06:50 PM #36
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewcobo View Post
I thought this thread was about North Korea?
World Affairs
Old 23-04-2018, 06:56 PM #37
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Us British crazies told Obama to sod off when he tried handing out a threat to us, by telling us that we'll go to the back of the queue if we left the EU. We said who's this weak piece of sh!t think he's talking too? We don't take threats of week leaders.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jong, kimberly, korean, leader, missile, north, nuclear, promises, tests