Notices

Big Brother Canada Big Brother Canada 9 started 3th March 2021.

View Poll Results: There's only one right answer.
Kaela 9 47.37%
Kaela
9 47.37%
Paras 7 36.84%
Paras
7 36.84%
The Wendy's Drive-Thru Gal 3 15.79%
The Wendy's Drive-Thru Gal
3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2018, 06:51 PM #1
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Default Who SHOULD'VE won BBCAN6?

Poll incoming.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:52 PM #2
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Only one right answer here.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:52 PM #3
A great thief

A great thief

Hamza
Old 11-05-2018, 06:53 PM #4
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera

erica or johnny

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:54 PM #5
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Idk I think the right person won even though there were maybe a few others a bit more deserving.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:04 PM #6
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Honestly though - although the Wendy's Gal floated towards Power each week and stuck with the HOH, she made some pretty solid social bonds and she managed to never get Nominated because she gave them Wendy's so I think the Jury would favour ha

Last edited by Morgan.; 11-05-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Morgan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:49 PM #7
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

The Wendy's Drive through Gal made more moves than Paras

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:40 PM #8

Erica or Jonny..
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:58 PM #9
Rule #1: Never Be #2

It doesn't matter who should've won. We know who did win, and we know the reasons why..

I had to smh when I seen some people saying they believe it was down to her "swaying the votes" with her speeches. Anyone who truly believes that is in complete denial of what was happening all season. From the moment they stitched up V with the "rogue vote" -- Right through to shoving their chosen one down the viewers throats with excessive DR/cam crap(trying to add fuel and give some kind of weight to the ridiculous belief that she was actually "running the house" from her rudderless position) -- Right through to ridiculously saving her "friend" Ryan with a silly twist.. in exchange for his guaranteed vote -- Right through to setting up easy HOH wins for her at the death so she could add something to her blank, floating "Resume"(the sad thing is she would still have won even if she had 0 comps to her name) -- Right through to bringing in past winners to help her with her end speeches..which btw had nothing to do with "impressing the jury" who were already locked in their ANTI-DAELA "decision" .. but more to do with tidying hers up and making sure it was at least respectable for the benefit of the gullible viewers, making sure she didn't embarrass herself by taking credit for 10,000+ non-existent moves etc.. -- Right to the bitter end as we seen the moronic jury going through their meaningless questions for return answers which had absolutely no bearing on their already made up decision.The message was clear form all angles.

It was obvious they were simply unwilling to give the win to someone who had BEASTED the game and showed them all up for being the weak, inferior players they were. They'll sleep better at night knowing they handed it to someone as weak and pathetic as themselves. During any one of those jury questions, Kaela could've turned into super woman..flew all over the house..proved that she'd found a cure for cancer.. and the jury would still have been like - Oh yeah, credit where it's due, that's is indeed quite impressive, but we still think Paras just edges you out. So the vote remains 6-1. Sorry, bitch. They might as well have turned up wearing "WE HATE KAELA" t-shirts. Johnny's ridiculous question summed up the whole situation. From the jury, to the moronic crowd(who were cheering for pathetic Paras throughout the season, in an exuberant, excessive manner. Most likely made up of all the production teams family&friends) it was nothing more than a kangaroo court that was set up with the sole purpose of "getting Kaela".

The possibility of votes going in Kaela's favour were kept "alive" by showing certain clips in jury etc.. but again, this was obviously just productions way of keeping people remotely interested in such a tragic and predictable season. You can tell they must've been like - Listen, we all know what's going on here, this season is in dire straits, all the best players/interesting characters have gone early, ratings are plummeting but we don't really care about that as long as we reach our objective. Paras has our full backing for the win and it's obvious that you bitter, brain-dead losers are going to vote for her once we've rigged her way to the finale. But can you please just pretend like Daela has a shot? We want people to believe that the most deserving players at least have a chance. Jurors - No worries. Just keep the bribes coming by throwing us some Wendy's and some Hasbro games and we'll do anything you want.

You know everything is just a comical mess when you see moronic Maddy leave the house and is quoted in certain interviews that her order of how she's most likely to vote is> Derek 1st..Kaela 2nd..with her bully only 3rd..

Apart from a couple of decent HG's that left early(one ludicrously) and Daela doing their best to save a horrid 2nd half,, the season was one huge, embarrassing FLOP. BB US 20 will really have to go some to top this pile of excrement.
Pro Sniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:25 PM #10
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

I love that parts are highlighted in bold
Old 12-05-2018, 12:06 AM #11
ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Rozina Yaqub
LemonJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:35 AM #12
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sniper View Post
(the sad thing is she would still have won even if she had 0 comps to her name)
Why is this a bad thing? Dr Will didn't win a single comp in two appearances and came within an inch from being the only two-time winner of North American Big Brother. And without him we wouldn't even be here discussing BBCan

Big Brother is a social game based on personal relationships. The competitions are a means to an end to exert power directly, but if you struggle to either a) manipulate people and/or b) form bonds with people whom ultimately decide whether to award you $100k, you don't deserve to win. Reeling off the number of wins you have on your résumé is ultimately meaningless if someone doesn't like you or can't be persuaded otherwise.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:38 AM #13
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Why is this a bad thing? Dr Will didn't win a single comp in two appearances and came within an inch from being the only two-time winner of North American Big Brother. And without him we wouldn't even be here discussing BBCan

Big Brother is a social game based on personal relationships. The competitions are a means to an end to exert power directly, but if you struggle to either a) manipulate people and/or b) form bonds with people whom ultimately decide whether to award you $100k, you don't deserve to win. Reeling off the number of wins you have on your résumé is ultimately meaningless if someone doesn't like you or can't be persuaded otherwise.
Paras didn’t do any manipulation or have any control the whole game. She was a coaster not a floater - she wasn’t targeted because she was seen as pathetic and everyone saw her game. She arguably manipulated Mandy - a person with no power, no control and someone even worse than her at the game!

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 10:05 AM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post

Listen, Paras and Will are incomparable as HG's......other than the fact they made it deep into the game from non-powerful positions. Floater/coaster, whatever, Will played the game in a care-free manner and used only his charm and personality to win the 1st and almost another. He wasn't in 50,000 alliances. He wasn't in the DR or having cam chats every second telling the world he was "running the house", deciding who left..and at what stage. He simply gave an honest representation of his unspectacular, yet effective strategy. He had a ton of fun taking the piss out of everyone and it was enjoyable watching him do it. His overall character is colossal compared to pipsqueak Paras. That's why nobody has any real issue with him being called 'one of the greats'. He pioneered the floater role in a way that is unlikely to be topped. This is proof enough that it isn't necessarily about which game-style you're playing, but more about how well you play that style, and how true you are to it. From her ultimate floating position, Paras veered miles away from her true path and headed straight for delusion-ville. She enjoyed the comfort of floating..but wanted badly to be viewed as some sort of "power player" who was "calling the shots". EMBARRASSING.

If I were a HG I'd make it my mission to target every player in the mould of Paras. The type who are heavily reliant on getting a piggyback deep into the game. I'd make sure every weak player was gone before the strong started taking shots at each other. I'd recruit a group(calling it Floater Crushers) of like minded people to target these weasels. There'd be no free passages for floating trash on my watch. That way, if and when I made the f2 and the result went against me, it wouldn't be so difficult to swallow,, given a) an opponent of similar worth would be crowned. b) it wouldn't likely be a heavily biased vote against me just because I wasn't as "nice to all the faces"

There really should be a softcore and a HARDCORE version of this game. That way wimps like Paras and bitter jurors could stink up the softcore version..while the HARDCORE version could feature players like Erica, Kaela etc.. players who would play hard and vote true. #NO BABIES.
Pro Sniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 12:05 AM #15
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
Paras didn’t do any manipulation or have any control the whole game. She was a coaster not a floater - she wasn’t targeted because she was seen as pathetic and everyone saw her game. She arguably manipulated Mandy - a person with no power, no control and someone even worse than her at the game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sniper View Post
Listen, Paras and Will are incomparable as HG's......other than the fact they made it deep into the game from non-powerful positions. Floater/coaster, whatever, Will played the game in a care-free manner and used only his charm and personality to win the 1st and almost another. He wasn't in 50,000 alliances. He wasn't in the DR or having cam chats every second telling the world he was "running the house", deciding who left..and at what stage. He simply gave an honest representation of his unspectacular, yet effective strategy. He had a ton of fun taking the piss out of everyone and it was enjoyable watching him do it. His overall character is colossal compared to pipsqueak Paras. That's why nobody has any real issue with him being called 'one of the greats'. He pioneered the floater role in a way that is unlikely to be topped. This is proof enough that it isn't necessarily about which game-style you're playing, but more about how well you play that style, and how true you are to it. From her ultimate floating position, Paras veered miles away from her true path and headed straight for delusion-ville. She enjoyed the comfort of floating..but wanted badly to be viewed as some sort of "power player" who was "calling the shots". EMBARRASSING.

If I were a HG I'd make it my mission to target every player in the mould of Paras. The type who are heavily reliant on getting a piggyback deep into the game. I'd make sure every weak player was gone before the strong started taking shots at each other. I'd recruit a group(calling it Floater Crushers) of like minded people to target these weasels. There'd be no free passages for floating trash on my watch. That way, if and when I made the f2 and the result went against me, it wouldn't be so difficult to swallow,, given a) an opponent of similar worth would be crowned. b) it wouldn't likely be a heavily biased vote against me just because I wasn't as "nice to all the faces"

There really should be a softcore and a HARDCORE version of this game. That way wimps like Paras and bitter jurors could stink up the softcore version..while the HARDCORE version could feature players like Erica, Kaela etc.. players who would play hard and vote true. #NO BABIES.
To be clear, I wasn't defending Paras (frankly I couldn't care less who won this dire season), I was just taking issue with the implication that winning zero comps in general means someone wouldn't deserve to win Big Brother

The bit in red is pertinent because this season has seen a resurgence of houseguests and fans alike not understanding the difference between coasters and floaters. Which one Paras was is neither here nor there to me, just so long as people understand there is a difference! And that floating is a perfectly legitimate strategy that has been used effectively by people like Will, Jun and Andy

And I certainly wasn't trying to compare Dr Will to Paras either (NO ONE will ever come close)
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbcan6, shouldve, won