Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 31-03-2018, 04:18 PM #226
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I can't say I 100% understand all the context behind the Corbyn drama (I need someone to link me an election documentary or something), but I do find it incredibly amusing that jet and others brought up some fairly serious issues that were dismissed... and now it appears they've become one of the main points of contention in his campaign. It's like watching Hillary Clinton run again.

(Sorry I really needed that laugh)
Old 31-03-2018, 04:30 PM #227
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
I can't say I 100% understand all the context behind the Corbyn drama (I need someone to link me an election documentary or something), but I do find it incredibly amusing that jet and others brought up some fairly serious issues that were dismissed... and now it appears they've become one of the main points of contention in his campaign. It's like watching Hillary Clinton run again.

(Sorry I really needed that laugh)
What issues... The antisemitic issue or the IRA issue?

They were not dismissed by myself they were addressed.
Old 31-03-2018, 05:59 PM #228

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
What issues... The antisemitic issue or the IRA issue?

They were not dismissed by myself they were addressed.
You do dismiss them, especially our fairly long time 'debates' about his IRA sympathies. Your conclusion is always 'He didn't do anything wrong then and he hasn't done anything wrong now'. These are your actual words.

Last edited by jet; 31-03-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old 31-03-2018, 06:55 PM #229
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You do dismiss them, especially our fairly long time 'debates' about his IRA sympathies. Your conclusion is always 'He didn't do anything wrong then and he hasn't done anything wrong now'. These are your actual words.
"The IRA are bad but don't forget about [other bad group no-one supports]"

Old 31-03-2018, 10:23 PM #230
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I haven't dismissed your opinion though I just don't agree with it, that's the nature of debate isn't it you state your opinion I state mine... Whatever you or maru think I have the right to form my own stance on any given topic.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:12 AM #231

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I haven't dismissed your opinion though I just don't agree with it, that's the nature of debate isn't it you state your opinion I state mine... Whatever you or maru think I have the right to form my own stance on any given topic.
Disagreeing with opinions is fine obviously, but you also dismiss evidence and even facts when it comes to Corbyn.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:16 AM #232
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Disagreeing with opinions is fine obviously, but you also dismiss evidence and even facts when it comes to Corbyn.
I have addressed every 'fact' you put in front of me. I'm not going to be railroaded into agreeing with you Jet. I have my own mind thank you.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:02 AM #233

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I have addressed every 'fact' you put in front of me. I'm not going to be railroaded into agreeing with you Jet. I have my own mind thank you.
You have far from addressed every fact. You just say it is all supposition and he hasn't done anything wrong when you are confronted with the FACTS that he obviously HAS done plenty wrong.
It's not a question of railroading anyone - I post my opinion but also links to facts which back up my opinion and anyone is entitled to disregard those facts as they wish - and you do.
I don't ask for your agreement as I don't need it. I'll continue to post my opinions and facts about Corbyn's shameful behaviour and connections when and if I please and its no skin off my nose if you brush it aside as nonsense. Carry on conversing with me as you wish or ignore...

Last edited by jet; 01-04-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:47 AM #234
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

Jeremy Corbyn faces a damaging new anti-semitism scandal as a bombshell dossier reveals the full extent of anti-Jewish, violent and abusive comments on Facebook groups mobilising his most fervent supporters.

Twelve senior staff working for the Labour leader and the shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, are members of groups containing anti-semitic and violent comments, including praise for Adolf Hitler and threats to kill Theresa May, the prime minister.

The most*comprehensive investigation*conducted into 20 of the biggest pro-Corbyn Facebook groups — numbering 400,000 members — found routine attacks on Jewish people, including Holocaust denial.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...tory-kkh55kpgx

Oh dear oh dear
Old 01-04-2018, 09:12 AM #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Jeremy Corbyn faces a damaging new anti-semitism scandal as a bombshell dossier reveals the full extent of anti-Jewish, violent and abusive comments on Facebook groups mobilising his most fervent supporters.

Twelve senior staff working for the Labour leader and the shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, are members of groups containing anti-semitic and violent comments, including praise for Adolf Hitler and threats to kill Theresa May, the prime minister.

The most*comprehensive investigation*conducted into 20 of the biggest pro-Corbyn Facebook groups — numbering 400,000 members — found routine attacks on Jewish people, including Holocaust denial.

Oh dear oh dear
Another - EXPLOSIVE - and informative post. These are brilliant, keep 'em coming, and maybe - just maybe - even the most fanatical of Corbynistas will be FORCED to concede that their 'Teflon Saint' needs to GO.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:08 PM #236
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
You have far from addressed every fact. You just say it is all supposition and he hasn't done anything wrong when you are confronted with the FACTS that he obviously HAS done plenty wrong.
It's not a question of railroading anyone - I post my opinion but also links to facts which back up my opinion and anyone is entitled to disregard those facts as they wish - and you do.
I don't ask for your agreement as I don't need it. I'll continue to post my opinions and facts about Corbyn's shameful behaviour and connections when and if I please and its no skin off my nose if you brush it aside as nonsense. Carry on conversing with me as you wish or ignore...
Guilt by association, personally in any of the scenarios you put forward what has he done?
I have never suggested you can't post your opinions, I only objected to the suggestion I have dismissed anything you said... I haven't. I just don't happen to agree wich is not uncommon in a debate is it?
Old 01-04-2018, 01:18 PM #237
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

Oh dear oh dear
See.. again guilt by association, someone starts a pro Corbyn FB group open to the public and someone makes a comment... In what universe could that be attributed to corbyn? I'm sorry I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone at the moment there is a distinct lack of objectivity around at the moment of which this is a prime example.

Again the very real and pertinent issue of antisemitism has been politicised ... that as I've said is exploitative and wrong, yet this media spun right wing runaway train is full steam ahead with it.

It's a last ditch desperate attempt to get the establishment and the media gravy train back on track and ditch a left leaning Labour leader.
Why is this not apparent?
Old 01-04-2018, 01:22 PM #238
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Another - EXPLOSIVE - and informative post. These are brilliant, keep 'em coming, and maybe - just maybe - even the most fanatical of Corbynistas will be FORCED to concede that their 'Teflon Saint' needs to GO.
Or maybe just maybe people will get some perspective and see that this witch hunt has now less to do with antisemitism.... It was though a handy catalyst and more to do with ousting corbyn. They tried the fair means now they're trying the foul.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:37 PM #239

Kizzy
Today Corbyn closed down his own facebook account
they showed it live on Ch4HDnews.

But no one can stop Closed facebook groups

So Corbyn will have no choice
but to go on GMBHD itv
or Sundays Marr BBC1HD (in a few weeks, long BBC breaks)

I posted it first on my own thread
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...12#post9938012

Last edited by arista; 01-04-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:04 PM #240
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Save

The most comprehensive investigation conducted into 20 of the biggest pro-Corbyn Facebook groups — numbering 400,000 members — found routine attacks on Jewish people, including Holocaust denial.

The dossier was compiled over two months by whistleblowers working with The Sunday Times in the groups, who gained access to restricted membership groups. They uncovered more than 2,000 racist, anti-semitic, misogynistic, violent and abusive messages.

Lord Carlile, the former independent reviewer of terrorism legislation, said the comments appeared to breach hate-crime laws.

The investigation found:

■ Posts including support for Adolf Hitler, with one saying the Nazi leader “should have finished off the job” and another claiming the deaths of 6m Jews in the Holocaust “was a big lie!”

■ A Labour supporter, Patrick Haseldine, who posted an image of the Israeli flag on one Labour group on Facebook, with the swastika replacing the Star of David

■ Ian Love, a Momentum organiser on one of the groups, who claimed the former prime minister Tony Blair was “Jewish to the core”, and told The Sunday Times last week he believed the Rothschild banking family controlled most of the world’s finances.

The Facebook groups — which include We Support Jeremy Corbyn, with 68,000 members — have played a key role in helping Corbyn win two leadership contests and boost his performance in the last general election. He is under strong pressure to confront the anti-semitism in his party.

The abusive messages regularly targeted Jewish public figures, including the Labour MP Luciana Berger and Jonathan Arkush, president of the Board of Deputies of British Jews. There are also many violent threats against politicians.

Berger said she and her staff had gone to police about the abuse they had received from left-wingers, including one email urging her to kill herself. In an article for The Sunday Times, Berger says: “Where people indulge in illegal racist activity I will always use the full force of the law to pursue a prosecution. I will continue to do that even when they are people from the left.”

Last night, Christine Shawcroft resigned from Labour’s national executive committee (NEC) following pressure from Tom Watson, the deputy leader. She had opposed the suspension of a Labour member accused of Holocaust denial. “It is clear that my continued membership of the NEC has become a distraction for the party,” said Shawcroft, who will be replaced by the comedian Eddie Izzard.

David Prescott, Corbyn’s senior political adviser, was a member of We Support Jeremy Corbyn, the biggest group, until last week; Laura Murray, a stakeholder manager in Corbyn’s office, is a member of Supporting Jeremy Corbyn & John McDonnell; and James Meadway, McDonnell’s economic adviser, is in the groups We Support Jeremy Corbyn and Supporting Jeremy Corbyn & John McDonnell. Labour said no one in Corbyn’s or McDonnell’s office had seen, posted or endorsed anti- semitic or abusive messages.

Some posts decry the lack of availability of “assassins” in Britain for “getting rid of politicians”, with a picture featuring May. Another post, about the former deputy prime minister Damian Green, says “why don’t we just don’t get on with it and lynch him”.

Robert Ford, professor of political science at Manchester University, said “online hate factories” of the type uncovered by the investigation could encourage violent or extreme reactions.

The revelations came as it emerged that MPs who were at a rally to oppose Labour anti-semitism had been told to “explain” themselves to their constituency parties.

MPs who joined the rally say they have asked Corbyn to make clear he does not think those who attended were attacking him. He has not done so.

Labour said: “These groups are not officially connected to the party in any way. Labour is committed to challenging and campaigning against anti-semitism.”

■ The women’s parliamentary Labour Party, made up of the party’s female MPs and peers, has demanded Jeremy Corbyn suspend a male MP accused of domestic violence while the allegations were investigated.
Full text of mtvns link, as its paywalled
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:05 PM #241
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

"Today Corbyn closed down his own facebook account"

sounds legit
Old 01-04-2018, 07:07 PM #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
"Today Corbyn closed down his own facebook account"

sounds legit

Its FACT
Old 01-04-2018, 08:14 PM #243

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:

Oh dear oh dear
Just when you think it can't get any worse for Corbyn, it sinks like the titanic!

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 01-04-2018, 10:52 PM #244
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Old 02-04-2018, 06:17 AM #245

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-alan-...itler-11310726

Stupid SUGAR
removes his Hitler - Corbyn Tweet
Old 02-04-2018, 09:51 AM #246
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
https://news.sky.com/story/sir-alan-...itler-11310726

Stupid SUGAR
removes his Hitler - Corbyn Tweet
It's not stupid to point out anti-semitic behaviour
Old 02-04-2018, 11:35 AM #247

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Guilt by association, personally in any of the scenarios you put forward what has he done?
I have never suggested you can't post your opinions, I only objected to the suggestion I have dismissed anything you said... I haven't. I just don't happen to agree wich is not uncommon in a debate is it?
I rest my case.
It's pointless to debate with someone who denies any wrongdoing by Saint Jeremy as their default setting.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:07 PM #248
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

The deleting of his personal FB is really the last straw in this shameful debacle.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:27 PM #249
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I rest my case.
It's pointless to debate with someone who denies any wrongdoing by Saint Jeremy as their default setting.
Because he hasn't personally gone anything it's always this guilt by association that is constantly referred to. Personally what has HE done?
Old 02-04-2018, 01:27 PM #250
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
It's not stupid to point out anti-semitic behaviour
How was that mock up doing that?...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
antissemtic, secret