Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:45 PM #2526
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Boss ponders XI for Chelsea tie

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson admits he has a number of selection issues to resolve ahead of Manchester United’s FA Cup quarter-final with Chelsea on Sunday afternoon.

With a wealth of internationals all vying for starting places, the boss needs to make some difficult decisions after leaving recent goalscorers Shinji Kagawa and Wayne Rooney out of Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League defeat to Real Madrid

Of course, Mexican striker Javier Hernandez did not feature either and could return against the Blues, a team he has netted six times against in nine outings – most recently during this season’s previous two trips to Stamford Bridge in the Barclays Premier League and Capital One Cup.

“We’ve got to prepare and we’ve got a big squad, so I’ve got to make sure I pick the right team bearing in mind who our opponents are,” Sir Alex explains.

“I’ve got an issue in that Shinji scored a hat-trick against Norwich and then did not play on Tuesday. I think he and Wazza (Rooney) are both best at playing that role behind the main striker. We’ve also got Chicharito, whose goals record against Chelsea is unbelievable. So I’ve got a lot of these issues.

“At the back, Evans is fit again. He was a bit of a doubt as he had a rick in his neck before the Real game but he was okay on Tuesday. The combination of Vidic and Ferdinand was fantastic but I’ve got to think whether I should bring Evans in. I’ve got a few issues to contend with when picking the team.”

Speaking specifically about Hernandez and Evans, two players who have consistently delivered the goods whenever called upon this season, Sir Alex is apologetic about not featuring either in the Real Madrid match.

“Do you think it’s easy leaving Chicharito out? He’s scored 15 goals and every time he comes on, he does a job for me. I can’t keep knocking him down all the time. Evans has probably been our best defender all season and I left him out on Tuesday. It’s disappointing to leave good players out.”

Having been knocked out of Europe in controversial circumstances during the week, the boss feels a quarter-final meeting with Chelsea is the perfect platform for a positive reaction, knowing that victory would move the Reds closer to a first FA Cup triumph since 2004.

“Big games are always good,” Sir Alex states. “It’s a quarter-final and an opportunity to get to the semis, and hopefully the final. I think we’re looking at opponents in the cup you’d have to regard as the hardest ones, you know, in the context of the FA Cup.

“Over the last few years, we keep getting Premier League teams. We got them all the way through in the Treble year and we had Chelsea then. We won 2-0 down there in the replay when Dwight Yorke scored two goals.

“It won’t be an easy game. It’s a cup tie and Chelsea's FA Cup record is the best in the country in the last decade so we’ve got a job to do but I’m quite confident we’ll be alright.”

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:49 PM #2527
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Nani: This is my time

Quote:
Manchester United winger Nani is determined to make his mark on the club's bid for the Double after the disappointment against Real Madrid in midweek.

The Portugal international was the victim of a controversial red card that turned the Champions League tie in Real's favour but is hoping for more chances to impress during the run-in. Following a man-of-the-match display in the previous FA Cup round against Reading, Nani is keen to continue the march towards Wembley with a starring role in this afternoon's clash with Chelsea.

"I’d been working hard until that point, waiting for an opportunity, so when it came I was determined to make the most of it," Nani told United Review. "Against Reading, I scored a goal and I provided an assist so it was a brilliant night for me.

"Now my confidence is high and I think the best is still to come from me. This is my time and I think I can be important for the team in these big games. Because I was injured for two months, it means I’m fresh now when some other players are starting to get tired.

"I feel I’m in good form and I’ve nearly arrived at my peak. I think over the next few games I can surprise a few people.

"I want to show the manager that he can trust me and he can believe in me in every match. I want to show him my contribution can help win games. So I’ll keep working hard to make sure I’m ready to respond every time I get a chance."
Bang on and I think the club/fans have rallied around him after that red card:, so that will make him more determined to do his best.

Champions 2013! #20
Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM #2528
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Live: United v Chelsea

Quote:
Manchester United take on Chelsea at Old Trafford in the FA Cup sixth round on Sunday 10 March (KO 16:30 GMT).

Come on United later. I hope we win and to positively respond to the disappointment in the week!

Champions 2013! #20
Old 10-03-2013, 12:55 PM #2529
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Wayne Rooney to get new Man Utd deal - Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson says Wayne Rooney will be given a new contract to extend his stay at Manchester United.

Last week Ferguson insisted there was no way Rooney will be allowed to leave the club this summer despite not starting the 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid.

Rooney's current deal expires in 2015 but Ferguson has no concerns.

"There's no issue with his contract. When it has to be renegotiated it will be done," Ferguson told the Sunday newspapers.

"We don't want good players to leave."

Champions 2013! #20
Old 10-03-2013, 02:44 PM #2530
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

United team to play Chelsea: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra. Nani, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, Rooney, Hernandez.

Bench: Amos, Van Persie, Valencia, Anderson, Vidic, Young, Welbeck.

Good team and bench.

Champions 2013! #20
Old 10-03-2013, 05:28 PM #2531
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

A replay it is then at Stamford Bridge. United threw away our two goal lead through no fault of our own and Chelsea became confident once they brought Ramires/Hazard on and got their first goal.

The United second half performance was dire.

Champions 2013! #20
Old 10-03-2013, 05:31 PM #2532
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Where do I start with that joke of a performance??? After the heroics of mid-week they come out with that tripe

Rooney - TOTALLY useless and has been pretty much all season. Cannot pass the ball or run past a player and managed to **** up a easy chance for 3-0. Shinji and Chico went off ahead of that tripe

Cleverly - WTF was that left Carrick by himself n the middle and could not make a simple 1 yard pass

Tony V - Would struggle to get a game in the conference. As SOON as he came on out football just stopped. If not given the ball away just stops does a U-tURN and kills all momentum. Wearing the number 7 shirt ISTHISREALLIFE.GIF

Evra - Don't know if he was tired but that performance was class of 2010-12 performance bloody rubbish

Carrick and Rio the only outfield players who should hold there head high after that

Sig stretching forum, fix it.
Legend killer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:51 PM #2533

Valencia is depressing to watch. Fergie should of put Young on.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:15 PM #2534
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Tony's performance was the worst I have EVER seen no exaggeration would rather have Bebe out there

But let's not act like Wayne was nearly as bad if that is even possible. We are prepared to reward his utter rubbish play with a new deal yet won't give Nani the extra 10-20k he want and deserves.

Also I have said it before but RVP is no RVN.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:16 PM #2535
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Dat save by De Gea at the end gave me the biggest boner though

Old 10-03-2013, 07:01 PM #2536
-

-

To be honest, it's harsh to pick out anyone player imo. They were all 'effin w@nk in that second half.
I know this could well be a bit hypocritical, xD, but Evra jogging back pis-sed me off so so much. Totally at fault for Ramires' goal. Then he went and did it again. That said, as I said before, everyone was sh-it.

Worst half of football we've played all season.

I think at times Valencia was trying too hard, but also at times awful. However, he saved us at the end with that intervention on Cole.

Brilliant save from De Gea as mentioned from Mata.

Last edited by Ryan57; 10-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Ryan57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:44 AM #2537
User banned

User banned

as time goes by, everyone will look back and realise how irreplacable giggs is....his class skill coolness and vision were again massively missed.....the closest they have to replace him his nani, whereas valencia needs a one way ticket to the championship
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:34 PM #2538
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Report: United 2 Chelsea 2

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-An...up-report.aspx

Champions 2013! #20
Old 11-03-2013, 07:35 PM #2539
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

City await replay winners

Quote:
Manchester United and Manchester City will face each other in an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley should Sir Alex's men beat Chelsea in a sixth-round replay.

The Reds and Chelsea drew 2-2 at Old Trafford on Sunday in a breathless fixture full of scoring chances.

A replay is now required at Stamford Bridge (date to be confirmed), with the winner due to face Manchester City at Wembley Stadium on the weekend of 13/14 April.

Should United progress, it will be a repeat of the 2011 FA Cup semi-final, when City beat the Reds 1-0.

The other semi-final tie will feature Millwall or Blackburn Rovers - who drew 0-0 in Sunday's earlier match - against Wigan Athletic, the surprise 3-0 victors at Everton on Saturday.
I knew it! Hopefully we will win the replay...

Champions 2013! #20
Old 11-03-2013, 07:37 PM #2540
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Sir Alex: Fatigue a factor

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson felt fatigue was a factor in Manchester United's failure to take a guaranteed FA Cup semi-final place from a winning position against Chelsea.

The Reds were deservedly 2-0 up at half-time in Sunday's quarter-final clash and looked all set for a Wembley date in April. But an injury to Nani just before the break was the beginning of a bad conclusion to the match as Rafael Benitez's side came back to level at 2-2 and threatened on several occasions to win the tie at the first time of asking.

"We're lucky to still be in the cup," Sir Alex admitted on MUTV. "We just ran out of legs and Chelsea were far the better team in the second half. But I can't be critical of my side because the running they had to do on Tuesday night, against a really top side in Real Madrid, had its bearing on today's result, no doubt about that.

"The two full-backs, Rafael and Patrice [Evra], are knackered and the two central midfielders tired badly. We kept giving the ball away and it made it a long day for us, going from one penalty box and back to our own."

Few observers would have expected a replay after seeing Javier Hernandez and then Wayne Rooney add to their growing collections of goals against Chelsea, and the Reds might have been even further in front with a bit more fortune.

"We could have been 4-0 up in the first 25 minutes of the match," remarked Sir Alex. "The two strikers' goalscoring has been great this year - that’s Wayne on 15 now for the season and Chicharito on 16. But I think we needed that lead because I could detect towards the end of the first half that the players' legs were starting to go."

Chelsea substitute Eden Hazard was the first player to pull a goal back for the Blues, but the United boss did not feel their personnel changes had as much bearing on the game as his own players' problems.

"They [Chelsea] may think that [they changed the game]. If you make substitutions and they work for you, it’s easy to say that. But to be honest with you, I just thought we were running out of legs.

"I detected some tiredness because the players kept giving the ball away. When you see teams giving the ball away as we were doing then you have to understand why. I think the emotions and the intensity of Tuesday took their toll on some of the players, understandably. I've no problems with that but certainly they did feel it in the second half."

Ramires went on to score Chelsea's equaliser and there would have been a winner for the visitors had David De Gea not saved Juan Mata's goalbound effort with an outstretched foot in the 90th minute.

Sir Alex said: "It was a terrific save at an important time because if they'd scored it we would have been out, no doubt about that."

The Reds will instead have a second chance to reach the semi-finals, with a forthcoming replay at Stamford Bridge where United won in the league earlier in the season but lost in the Capital One Cup after extra-time.

"The replay is not a problem for us," insisted the manager. "We’ve got plenty of time for it as we have no European games. I don't know when it's going to be played mind you, probably May because we've got the international break coming up! But the only thing we can say is we're still in the cup."

Champions 2013! #20
Old 11-03-2013, 07:38 PM #2541
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Rio: We were careless

Quote:
Rio Ferdinand believes Manchester United should have killed off the game long before Chelsea clawed their way back into Sunday's FA Cup sixth round tie.

The Reds were 2-0 up after just 11 minutes but ended the game hanging on and grateful for David De Gea, who made a brilliant late save to deny Juan Mata from close range.

Ferdinand, who was terrific for long periods in the heart of United's defence, was visibly frustrated during his post-match interview with MUTV, claiming Chelsea should never have been allowed back into the game.

"We're disappointed, especially after the way we played in the first half," he said. "We should have put the game out of sight. In the second half we gave them the impetus to go on and get back into the game.

"David made a great save at the end to keep us in the game and the tie. We should have finished the game off in the first half, though. Had we done that we wouldn't be talking about any saves at the end of the game.

"The frustrating thing is that the attacking play in the first half will get overshadowed now and nobody will talk about it. We'll probably talk more about how we finished the game, which wasn't on a good note.

"We were playing some great football but we were also careless at times. At this level, if you're careless you'll get punished. Today that was the case."

Indeed, Sir Alex told MUTV he thought United were "lucky" to still be in the FA Cup following Sunday's second-half performance. The boss believes last Tuesday's Champions League tie against Real Madrid took its toll on some of his players, who looked "knackered" against Chelsea.

"I think you could see it in a few of the guys' legs," Rio agreed. "As the game stretched and became more open there were a couple of tired legs out there. But that's no excuse. We should have had the game sewn up well before then.

"We're still in the FA Cup, though, and Wembley's there, waiting for either us or Chelsea to go through. Hopefully it's us.

"We're confident [we can win the replay]. We have the tools and the players to win at Stamford Bridge. We've been there this season and done very well. With the squad we've got we don't fear going anywhere."

Champions 2013! #20
Old 11-03-2013, 07:40 PM #2542
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Nani injury not serious

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson is hopeful that Nani will be back on the pitch sooner rather than later, after missing the second half of Sunday's clash with Chelsea.

The Portuguese winger picked up an injury just before half-time, when United were leading 2-0 and pressing for what might have been a killer third goal. He played no further part in the match and could only watch as the visitors rallied to force a replay.

Sir Alex told MUTV: "Nani got a little hamstring injury. I don't think it's too serious but nonetheless he had to come off."

It was the second time in a week, of course, that Nani had to leave the field prematurely when the Reds were winning. And while there was no numerical disadvantage on Sunday, with Antonio Valencia coming on as a substitute, we'll never know if Nani could have affected the outcome after his recent return to form.

"That was a blow to us because Nani was playing very well at the time," admitted Sir Alex.

Nani himself had told Sunday's edition of United Review, the official match programme, that his "confidence is high." He added: "This is my time and I think I can be important for the team in these big games. I feel I’m in good form and I’ve nearly arrived at my peak. I think over the next few games I can surprise a few people."
Glad to hear that, the poor guy is having no luck at the moment.

Champions 2013! #20
Old 11-03-2013, 07:42 PM #2543
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Loans: Joyce praises Fabio

Quote:
Warren Joyce is delighted with Fabio’s progress at Queens Park Rangers and claims “there’s not a lot” between the Brazilian full-back and twin brother Rafael.

The less-experienced Da Silva sibling is on loan at Loftus Road this season and has featured heavily since the New Year, most recently helping Harry Redknapp’s side record an invaluable 3-1 win over Sunderland in the Barclays Premier League.

That victory, a second in as many games, hands QPR a fighting chance of survival and Reserves manager Joyce hopes Fabio can impress further throughout the remainder of the campaign.

“Fabio has established himself in the team at QPR now and looks up for a huge fight and the big test there,” Joyce told United Review. “I just hope Fabio has a run of games.

“His brother Rafael has done fantastically well this year but there’s not a lot between them. You could argue who is the best player but Fabio just needs a run of games to prove that. Hopefully, he will get that during the run-in and it will stand him in good stead when he gets back to United.”

Elsewhere, Wilfried Zaha was forced to apologise for a gesture made towards Leeds fans after he was taunted about his impending transfer to United during Crystal Palace’s 2-2 draw at Selhurst Park in the Championship.

The 20-year-old took to the social networking site Twitter to say sorry for his actions, writing: "I want to apologise for the gesture I did towards the Leeds fans in yesterday's game. Very unprofessional from me.”

In the FA Cup, Ryan Tunnicliffe endured a day to forget as Barnsley were thrashed 5-0 by Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium. The Reds midfielder was yellow carded but almost scored when a late effort was denied by Costel Pantilimon.

Michael Keane played another full match for Leicester City but was unable to prevent his side losing 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday at the King Power Stadium. Defeat dents the Foxes’ automatic promotion hopes, leaving them in fifth place and eight points short of top two.

There was an opportunity for United teammates to face each other at the weekend as Peterborough took on Ipswich at London Road, but disappointingly, neither Davide Petrucci, Reece Brown or were involved in the goalless draw.

In Portugal, Bebe started for Rio Ave in their 1-1 draw with Nacional, playing for 63 minutes before being exiting for Alex Rodriguez. Over in Belgium, Luke Giverin played a full match as Royal Antwerp sealed a 2-0 win over Sint-Niklaas in the Second Division.

John Cofie was an unused substitute as Notts County drew 0-0 at Crawley Town in League One while Kiko Macheda made a second half cameo as Stuttgart lost 1-0 to Hamburger SV in the Bundesliga, making his fifth appearance since joining on loan earlier this year.

Angelo Henriquez was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic caused a massive upset in the FA Cup by beating Everton 3-0 at Goodison Park. The Chilean striker joined the Latics in January and has scored one goal from just five appearances in all competitions.

I can't wait to see Fabio back at United next season because now he is getting game time on his QPR loan spell he is improving his all round game.

Champions 2013! #20

Last edited by bbfan1991; 11-03-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:46 PM #2544
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Carrick relishes Bridge replay

Quote:
Despite the mixed emotions of United's FA Cup quarter-final draw with Chelsea, Michael Carrick insists the Reds are ready to overcome the Blues at Stamford Bridge.

The England midfielder shone as United forged ahead early on, only for Rafael Benitez's side to roar back after the break and set up a replay for the right to reach Wembley.

"Of course we'll go there positive because it's in our nature," Carrick told MUTV. "We go there believing we can win. It's a tough place to go because they're a good team, but it's a one-off and the FA Cup can throw up some classic games. Hopefully we'll be on the right end of it next time."

Manchester City await the winners of the replay in next month's semi-final, completing a road to Wembley lined all the way by Premier League opposition, should the Reds progress past Chelsea. Nevertheless, Carrick is unperturbed by the rough route United have taken so far in this season's competition, conceding: "That's the way it is.

"If we'd beaten Chelsea then we'd have to play City in the final or the semi-final, so it's just the nature of the competition: you've got to beat everyone and that's what's ahead of us."

The manner of Chelsea's fightback at Old Trafford left United clinging on, and Carrick admitted that a replay is by no means the worst outcome for Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

"We've mixed emotions in some respects," he said. "We're completely disappointed, from the position we were in, not to finish it off - there are no excuses for that - but at the end we could be out of the competition with the opportunities they had, especially the save David made from Mata.

"David has stepped up there at a big time in the tie and kept us in it. We can be very thankful for that because we could have been out of the cup. It just shows his quality. When you need him, he's there. We're taking the positives, really: we're still in the cup, we've got another chance at it so we move on."

Well said Michael Carrick. He has been amazing for United this season!

Champions 2013! #20

Last edited by bbfan1991; 11-03-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:49 PM #2545
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

I do agree that United look tired vs Chelsea, but it is our fault that we allowed them back into the game and conceded two goals.

We were poor in the second half and were very sloppy in Midfield, which I hope Sir Alex Ferguson strengthens in the Summer to make our team more stronger.

David De Gea made some very important saves and particularly the one at the end, fair play to him.

I don't know what has happened to Antonio Valencia, but he has had a disappointing season. I like him and will keep the faith that he hopefully gets back to top form at some point.

The lads have a few days to rest and train now before the Reading match on Saturday!

Champions 2013! #20
Old 11-03-2013, 07:50 PM #2546
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

De Gea earns MOTM award

Quote:
David De Gea's last-gasp save from Juan Mata didn't just keep United in the FA Cup, it went a long way to earning him the ManUtd.com Man of the Match prize.

The Spanish stopper's outstretched foot ensured his countryman's effort dropped wide of the far post instead of inside it and ensured the Reds remained in the Cup having been pegged by Chelsea at Old Trafford.

De Gea received an impressive 67% of the votes in our online poll, easily securing him our Man of the Match accolade.

Michael Carrick was second with 17%, while Rio Ferdinand and Jonny Evans finished in third and fourth spots respectively.

Congratulations to David De Gea.

Champions 2013! #20
Old 11-03-2013, 07:53 PM #2547
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Sir Bobby Charlton has insisted Wayne Rooney remains a 'great player' and will stay at Manchester United next season.

The England striker, 27, has been linked with a summer move to Bayern Munich, despite Sir Alex Ferguson’s promise Rooney will remain a United player beyond the summer.

Franz Beckenbauer, honorary president of the German club, said he would be 'very, very happy if Wayne Rooney decided to come to Bayern Munich', but Charlton described the speculation as 'premature'.

Speaking ahead of the Laureus World Sport awards in Rio de Janeiro, Charlton said: 'Wayne Rooney has maybe had an injury and he might not perform as well as he might have done but that’s not to say you get rid of him.

'Sir Alex Ferguson said he had no intentions of letting Wayne Rooney travel to anywhere and you have to abide by that, 100 per cent. He’s a great player. Why would we get rid of a great player? I think you’re being a bit premature.'

Champions 2013! #20
Old 11-03-2013, 08:15 PM #2548
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

David De Gea. Have that haters, quality save!

Champions 2013! #20
Old 17-03-2013, 11:49 AM #2549
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Glad we won 1-0 yesterday against Reading thanks to Wayne Rooney's goal, although the performance was disappointing.

At least we capitalised on Manchester City losing at Everton to go 15 points clear, but the title race is NOT over yet for me because United need to keep picking up points in our remaining fixtures until it is confirmed that the title is won!

Report: United 1 Reading 0

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-An...ue-report.aspx

Champions 2013! #20
Old 17-03-2013, 11:51 AM #2550
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Rio to play for England

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Rio Ferdinand will travel with the England squad next week.

The defender, who set up Wayne Rooney's winner against Reading, is linking up with Roy Hodgson's team ahead of the World Cup qualifiers with San Marino and Montenegro.

After suggesting there would need to be discussions with the medical department over Ferdinand's availability, because he is being nursed through the season carefully at Old Trafford, the boss revealed that the veteran centre-back will be available to play for his country.

Ashley Young also looks likely to be fit for England, despite being hurt in a challenge with Garath McCleary that led to his substitution against the Royals.

"Rio will be joining up and Ashley should be okay," Sir Alex informed MUTV.

Good news for Rio, but IMO he should have told them no after how he was treated and carried on focusing on United!

Champions 2013! #20

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
club, fan, guy, is dat, manchester, united, welbz