Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:33 AM #26

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Best ever. Anybody who disagrees is either too stubborn to change their minds or they just genuinely love hideousness.
Oh right! Thanks! I think hideousness must be the latest fad and some like to be seen as trendy and fashionably outrageous. I can't think of any other explanation as no one has given any.

Last edited by jet; 11-08-2013 at 03:53 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:51 AM #27

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfacrown View Post
I don't think you need to understand, just accept and move on. There are numerous posts supporting Gina, I'm sure you've read many of them. If you don't get it, why worry? The world will never arrange itself according to our individual tastes, never.
You're right, of course. But I still like to understand stuff so I can accept it better. In the past when I've liked someone and someone else hated them, I've given reasons and examples why I feel as I do to help the person get where I am coming from. They may not agree, but at least I've taken the time to explain. Others just throw out sound bites, and that's fine, and then I do the same back. It's much more satisfying to have an adult discussion though. Well, for me, anyway! At the end of the day, this is a hobby, and I like to get the best out of my hobbies!
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:55 AM #28
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

I didnt find Gina "atrocious" at all, what a bizzare over-reaction. The two girls didnt get on, it was expected and as I said in a similar thread, Hazel would have likely reacted in the same petty but mildly amusing way.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:44 AM #29
User banned

User banned

anyone who spends any money voting gina to win has to be mentally incapacitated....shes a horror of a human
lippyzippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:03 AM #30

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Why do people always throw out the "if you don't like Hazel you must be jealous of her" claim ?
I'm a bloke. I don't like Hazel and i definitely have nothing to be 'jealous' of her for.
The only thing she's got going for her is her looks and to be totally honest i think there's a lot nicer looking women than Hazel out there. She's no stunner, that's for sure, and regardless of her looks she's not a good person and not a particularly nice person either. She was in that house to further her 'career' and nothing else. She said herself that she didn't give a sh*t about anyone else in there. Why bother going on Big Brother if you don't want to meet and experience new people that are different to yourself ?
If you like Hazel then i have no problem with that. Everyone's entitled to like or dislike whoever they want but calling people "jealous" just because they don't like her is just ridiculous!!!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:23 AM #31

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

I can't believe people on this forum still cling to the weird delusion that Gina is a nice person. Despite the clear evidence night after night of her vile bitchiness and selfish, snobbish self centeredness some people still hold the view she is entertaining or a good character.

She is not now, nor ever was a nice HM a clever one perhaps as she has managed to pull the wool over a lot of people's eyes....!!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:20 AM #32
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
I can't believe people on this forum still cling to the weird delusion that Gina is a nice person. Despite the clear evidence night after night of her vile bitchiness and selfish, snobbish self centeredness some people still hold the view she is entertaining or a good character.

She is not now, nor ever was a nice HM a clever one perhaps as she has managed to pull the wool over a lot of people's eyes....!!!!

This is the vile Gina there was with Sallie and also Jemima in the early part of the series, even trying to play a race card.
That is amazingly overlooked while Hazel still gets pilloried for the error she made.

I did really warm to Gina because I hoped and thought she had left that behind and had started to realise the housemates weren't all that bad so was getting down to being a good housemate.

I now believe had Gina not been put in the safe house with Dexter,withthe luxuries afforded them at the time, that she may not have been able to cloud over the really nasty side and atrocious behaviour we have again seen these last 2 weeks now.
She was really awful, both as a housemate and person over this week, she says she doesn't say nasty things to people, does she really ever listen to herself.

Your last comment really sums her up though perfectly now in my view and is spot on, along with her vile and atrocious behaviour,which is the only way to describe it, in the last few days particularly.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:33 AM #33
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post

It seems obvious that people are seeing all, or most, of their own character in this unpleasant woman, hence the undying adulation.

Last edited by fingers; 11-08-2013 at 09:33 AM.
fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:36 AM #34
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

"Atrocious behaviour"?? LMAO!

Hardly that. Rather impolite at most. But quite entertaining.... largely for the cameras, I suspect.

Preferable to hypocritical hugs and joining in the chanting of Hazel's name.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:47 AM #35
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Lets face it....Hazel was wrong to do what she did and Gina was also wrong to act the same way. They both gave us entertaining interludes and to a degree it made some peoples viewing pleasure interesting. I feel that sometimes on this forum and indeed on other mediums, some people go OTT with their support just because its their nature to do so but in a quiet corner we all pre judge and try to qualify our support if the person we have chosen does something really bad. I have changed my mind several times this year based on events in the house and I am guilty of looking at some HM,s with frosted glasses but in my mind, one thing holds firm, deliberate nastiness has no part in my thought process so I cant like Gina. My feelings for Dexter are mellowing somewhat as I am beginning to accept that he is just a pure game player but he is miles better than Gina.

For me it comes down to who deserves it most. I backed Sam way back in the beginning and I do still like him but he is rapidly becoming a Rachael Rice figure and Dexter is becoming a harmless nob but I still cant make any kind of case for Gina. The twins are fame driven and have an agenda and Sophie has turned into a bit of a nasty gossip merchant while Charlie has a massive game plan and I dislike her manipulative ways.

For me its down to Sam or Dexter but if Sam goes I will support Dexter over Gina all day long. I don't hate Gina personally as she is pathetic at times, I just hate what she stands for. Liars and cheats have no right to be supported in any shape or form of life and it is a pity that BB interfered so much this year as our minds have been poisoned and fooled from the get go.

Last edited by sampvt; 11-08-2013 at 09:50 AM.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:22 AM #36
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
BB15: Marlon
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
BB15: Marlon

I don't like Dexter at all I think he's is not a good person at all. But I do like how he acted when Callum left. They hated each other aswell but they were both civil enough to shake hands and hug when Callum was evicted. Gina has no class at all yet she acts like she does.
Gerbil901 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:26 AM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbil901 View Post
I don't like Dexter at all I think he's is not a good person at all. But I do like how he acted when Callum left. They hated each other aswell but they were both civil enough to shake hands and hug when Callum was evicted. Gina has no class at all yet she acts like she does.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:32 AM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedecrem View Post
So..... Just to get this straight someone who has been nothing but vile to you, about you, someone you have no respect for, everyone is expecting you to clap and cheer pleasantries as they are booted out the house..... I can't understand the mental processes people who believe this way is the best way. Being two faced and fake at the hope of looking like a "nice person" frick that for a laugh Gina and Hazel disliked each other simple as... Gina was happy she left and unlike cowardly Sophie vocalised it instead of sniggering in the garden so as not to implement her self. TEAM GINXTER TO WIN!!!!!
very well said.

Do I still support Gina? Well I never did, never wanted her to win but...

Hazel was just as bad if not worse. She instigated, wound up, had something horrible to say about just about everyone (including the twins who she claimed to love) She said awful things to Gina and Gina said awful things to her, the only difference was some of the things Gina said had actual truth behind them and all hazel could do was attack Gina's appearance. Hazel made the most evil faces at and about people, spoke to people like they were **** and talked down to everyone. I have to say, I would have been elated to see her go out the door. I'm not sure I would have been as vocal about it but I wouldn't have gone to the stairs to act like I was sorry she was going. Gina was happy and when have we ever seen Gina not say it how it is?

I don't really support her and I do not want her to win but more power to her, she had the balls to stand up to the real queen bitch when everyone else is scared of her...even Dexter said he is scared of her last night.
Kris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:46 AM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbil901 View Post
Agree
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:00 PM #40
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan

Oh ffs you'd think she had just committed genocide

CBB19: Kim Woodburn | Nicola McLean | Jessica Cunningham | Speidi
Joelle. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:04 PM #41

Behaviour like Gina's shouldn't be rewarded. She reminds me of the school bullies who always said loud things in earshot at their targets, then giggled when someone got upset. Nasty.
Incidentally, for someone supposedly brought up 'classy' she sure is very au fait with street lingo lol

Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 PM #42

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:

she was true to herself, a person with a terrible personality. Her behavior was disgusting, even if you don't like someone have the decency to not act like a 4 year old
Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 PM #43

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
Behaviour like Gina's shouldn't be rewarded. She reminds me of the school bullies who always said loud things in earshot at their targets, then giggled when someone got upset. Nasty.
Incidentally, for someone supposedly brought up 'classy' she sure is very au fait with street lingo lol

Old 11-08-2013, 12:09 PM #44

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
[/B]

This is the vile Gina there was with Sallie and also Jemima in the early part of the series, even trying to play a race card.
That is amazingly overlooked while Hazel still gets pilloried for the error she made.

I did really warm to Gina because I hoped and thought she had left that behind and had started to realise the housemates weren't all that bad so was getting down to being a good housemate.

I now believe had Gina not been put in the safe house with Dexter,withthe luxuries afforded them at the time, that she may not have been able to cloud over the really nasty side and atrocious behaviour we have again seen these last 2 weeks now.
She was really awful, both as a housemate and person over this week, she says she doesn't say nasty things to people, does she really ever listen to herself.

Your last comment really sums her up though perfectly now in my view and is spot on, along with her vile and atrocious behaviour,which is the only way to describe it, in the last few days particularly.
You seem to have overlooked that Jemima did say something racially offensive when she assumed that Gina wouldn't date white men because she's black.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:16 PM #45
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
CBB 13: Lionel Blair
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
You seem to have overlooked that Jemima did say something racially offensive when she assumed that Gina wouldn't date white men because she's black.
Overlooked because it was a laughable thing to complain about

Add me on Goodreads here
Verbal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:22 PM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalHermit View Post
Overlooked because it was a laughable thing to complain about
Not to the person on the receiving end it isn't.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:28 PM #47

Favourites:
BB14: Gina

Favourites:
BB14: Gina

I didn't like the triumphalism whilst Hazel was going up the steps. That was unpleasant. Love or hate the others, they deserve respect as a fellow housemate (not liking or affection) the moment they are evicted.

She did not need to suddenly be all rah rah about Hazel and chant her name. But she absolutely should have refrained from the 'good riddance' chants and 'about time comments'. That was disrespectful.

That said: it hasn't particularly changed my opinion of her. She's shown from day one that she has a vindictive streak. But she also has a kind streak. And unlike some of the housemates, her chosen targets tend to be the stronger ones not the weak and already broken. And other than a brief wobble on Charlie, after the family noms, she's been pretty consistent in who her friends are and unwilling to jump ship just because someone's become unpopular.

Mainly I find her entertaining. Like her or loathe her (personally I like her), she's been a kickass housemate.
DanaC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:18 PM #48
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

People like Gina because they see themselves in her!
Old 11-08-2013, 01:28 PM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
People like Gina because they see themselves in her!
That is so lame.

I've supported all sorts of HM's over the years and the one thing they all have in common is that they were entertaining and made me laugh.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:31 PM #50
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
That is so lame.

I've supported all sorts of HM's over the years and the one thing they all have in common is that they were entertaining and made me laugh.
Q.E.D.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
atrocious, behaviour, gina, people, support, tonight