Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 13-01-2014, 09:29 PM #26
Sod orf

Sod orf

Nothing wrong with being miserable, it's not a crime.

Some of Britain's best loved characters were miserable, Albert Steptoe, Alf Garnett, Rigsby, Basil Fawlty, Victor Meldrew and Jim Royle to name a few.

Another comedian who often gets called miserable won a celebrity big brother Jack Dee.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 09:30 PM #27

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannashag View Post

Some of Britain's best loved characters were miserable, Albert Steptoe, Alf Garnett, Rigsby, Basil Fawlty, Victor Meldrew and Jim Royle to name a few.

Another comedian who often gets called miserable won a celebrity big brother Jack Dee.
Very true wannashag

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 09:34 PM #28

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Linda's mission since she saw Jim was to turn as much people against him as possible, it's worked with Sam and Ollie and Sam herself admits she doesn't have a problem with Jim.
Yeah,Agree,She's orrible!It's not fair on him really,She's got a problem with him and she's turning the fence sitters against him whilst she quietly flys under the radar spreading her poison.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 10:08 PM #29

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
We only see snippets..7 votes ....he must be a right misery
Yes, and Linda got 1. The HM's are the ones who are seeing them both 24 hours a day, not us.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 10:10 PM #30
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannashag View Post

But Jack was miserable without having a pop at people all the time, BIG difference there.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 11:22 PM #31
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Yes, and Linda got 1. The HM's are the ones who are seeing them both 24 hours a day, not us.
Linda's made a point of befriending the younger girls though which I think is crucial; Jim's been quite blunt about what he thinks of people so that's gonna attract nominations. But yes, Jim's clearly not the most fun to be around I think it's silly of them to nominate him though, I think he's gonna keep on surviving in these evictions...
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 11:36 PM #32

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Linda's made a point of befriending the younger girls though which I think is crucial; Jim's been quite blunt about what he thinks of people so that's gonna attract nominations. But yes, Jim's clearly not the most fun to be around I think it's silly of them to nominate him though, I think he's gonna keep on surviving in these evictions...
I do too. I think he'll definitely make the final, thanks to Luisa and to a lesser extent Jasmine for giving him air time. If the girls just ignored him when he's miserable he wouldn't be seen much at all as he hasn't done anything note worthy. He hasn't had an independent story line of his own. I think he's getting the sympathy vote from the public who don't like the raunchiness of the 2 girls.
Old 13-01-2014, 11:49 PM #33
Z

Z

Quote:
I do too. I think he'll definitely make the final, thanks to Luisa and to a lesser extent Jasmine for giving him air time. If the girls just ignored him when he's miserable he wouldn't be seen much at all as he hasn't done anything note worthy. He hasn't had an independent story line of his own. I think he's getting the sympathy vote from the public who don't like the raunchiness of the 2 girls.
I think so too, I think it's a typical British vote for the underdog - Jim's taking no prisoners in there and isn't befriending people to get ahead in the game; and Britain has always loved grumpy old men. Despite his past, Jim was quite popular at the height of his career and I don't think that kind of support would ever completely go away no matter how horrible he is in real life.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 12:24 AM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Linda's mission since she saw Jim was to turn as much people against him as possible, it's worked with Sam and Ollie and Sam herself admits she doesn't have a problem with Jim.
How do you know 'it's' worked with Ollie? Did you hear a conversation that confirmed that? Are you saying he has no mind of his own?
As for Sam, she said that when Linda was cooking and doing her best, Jim was making snide remarks to her, which he does a lot more to Linda that she does to him.
5 other people nommed Jim which had nothing to do with Linda. He is obviously not liked in the house for various reasons.

I'm no fan of Linda, but give the women a break. She isn't the reason Jim had 7 nominations, Jim himself is.

Last edited by jet; 14-01-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 14-01-2014, 12:27 AM #35

Quote:
How do you know 'it's' worked with Ollie? Did you hear a conversation that confirmed that? Are you saying he has no mind of his own?
As for Sam, she said that when Linda was cooking and doing her best, Jim was making snide remarks to her, which he does a lot more to Linda that she does to him.
5 other people nommed Jim which had nothing to do with Linda. He is obviously not liked in the house for various reasons.

I'm no fan of Linda, but give the women a break. She isn't the reason Jim had 7 nominations, Jim himself is.
4 actually Lee wasn't going to nominate him until he was forced to change his vote for Sam.

And I said it had worked for both Sam and Ollie because they both used Linda in their nomination reasons in private last week.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 01:02 AM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
4 actually Lee wasn't going to nominate him until he was forced to change his vote for Sam.

And I said it had worked for both Sam and Ollie because they both used Linda in their nomination reasons in private last week.
So that automatically means Linda tried to turn them against Jim? Did they SAY that Linda influenced them? Ollie and Sam are both smart people with eyes and ears and minds of their own.
They both said that Jim ignores Linda in conversation. They both said he was snide to her.
An example: I have seen Jim pick on Linda for no good reason and then when she got annoyed he said this same line on 3 separate occasions "Like another vat of wine, dear?" How provocative is that? And SHE just ignored HIM each time. Jim's not the only one who shows self control. What is that about anyway, coming from a man with a drink problem? Not one Jim fan has commented on that. They hear what they want to hear and ignore the rest.

People need to stop blaming Linda, then Luisa, then Jasmine, then Lionel for Jim's lack of popularity in the house. He brings it on himself through his own actions.

Last edited by jet; 14-01-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old 14-01-2014, 06:02 AM #37
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Quote:
I think so too, I think it's a typical British vote for the underdog - Jim's taking no prisoners in there and isn't befriending people to get ahead in the game; and Britain has always loved grumpy old men. Despite his past, Jim was quite popular at the height of his career and I don't think that kind of support would ever completely go away no matter how horrible he is in real life.
..yeah, I agree with both of these..I think that the public do like the 'underdog' and Jim was most certainly that when he went in and especially as his behaviour has been relatively contained in the house...whether that's genuine or not, I really don't know but Luisa is quite 'loud/in your face..' and the 5 sexual partners thing would not have endeared the public toward her and neither will Jasmine's 'showmance' with Lee and she's also quite screechy and irritating, so I think there will be a lot of people who will much prefer Jim's personality..the thing which I don't like about Jim's humour is that it's always directed at someone quite personally, whereas if anyone else says something, they don't try to mask it with humour, they just say it outright..but I guess he's a comedian and it all maybe is second nature to him...

..I think for me personally, the BB celebrity housemates don't have as much substance as some of them used to have...that doesn't apply to all of them but on the whole/in general..there are still some interesting celebrities but sometimes when it comes to choosing a favourite, it becomes for me, who do I least dislike...and obviously the entertainment of them as well, which atm both Luisa and Jim provide because of their dislike for each other....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 06:45 AM #38
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
But Jack was miserable without having a pop at people all the time, BIG difference there.
Has he had "a pop" at Sam, Olllie, Dappy, Casey, Lionel, Liz, Lee? as far as I can see its just Luisa and Jasmine, how can you not see that they call him all sorts of names and try and purposely set out to be horrible and yet he should sit back and suck it up?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 08:22 AM #39

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi

Because he is miserable and I think he would even admit that.Sam did mention Linda in her nomination but what she said was that whilst he hadn't offended her she hears him making snide remarks at Linda whilst she is making the food.She said there is no need for it as Linda is simply trying to make food for the house.Jim acknowledged her reason and didn't seem to find it an untruth.

Fair enough we haven't been shown but Sam seemed upset by what Jim had been doing to Linda.
I think its unfair to blame Linda(whom I don't Like) on Ollie and Sam's nominations.
lime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 08:24 AM #40
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Has he had "a pop" at Sam, Olllie, Dappy, Casey, Lionel, Liz, Lee? as far as I can see its just Luisa and Jasmine, how can you not see that they call him all sorts of names and try and purposely set out to be horrible and yet he should sit back and suck it up?
Excellent point Cherie and a fact that seems to have been overlooked too. That is all but 4 of the remaining housemates that he hasn't really said anything as to having a 'pop' at.
Then also if you add Evander from last week,he didn't have any problems with him either.
Really good point Cherie, well said.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 08:26 AM #41
-

-

He's singled put as being miserable, because he is. Just like Luisa is singled out as a bitch, Lee is singled out as being a player, Linda is singled out as being a wind-up merchant... it's because they all are.

Last edited by Jake.; 14-01-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 09:02 AM #42
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB12: Harry

How the hell can they say Jim is boring and grumpy. Sam, Ollie, Liz and Linda have all gone AWOL and nobody cares that they are radar diving. Jim is now carrying the show for me with his hatred of the fame *****s with the morals and manners of tramps.

His one liners and his put downs are legendary plus he is showing us all how not to get into conflict when faced with people who are deliberately confrontational. The truth is that some of our fellow posters are not happy because they think the show evolves around sex, lies and fights and their habits are not being fed because Jim chooses to act like a gentleman.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 09:04 AM #43
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
But Jim isn't an underdog, lol. He is one of the faves to win the show. The underdog would be Liz.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 09:09 AM #44

He is grumpy cos he cant stand Luisa and Jasmines behaviour.... its an excuse. At least he is not being two faced like Lionel....who is their buddy one minute and slagging them off the next albeit he has confronted them.
Liz and Linda probably find them equally annoying but are really holding back and sitting on the fence....they need to go NOT Jim.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jim, miserable, singled