Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB15 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.

Old 29-01-2015, 12:53 AM #26
MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

A poster that I saw on DS would accuse you of “pretending to be gay” with that OP Conzors.

I can't remember their name again now though but it was funny.

Anyway I agree with you on Michelle, I'm not gay so it's probably not my place to say this but I'm going for it anyway, I feel that she uses the gay community as a way to big up her ego, and to further her career.
Old 29-01-2015, 01:11 AM #27

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

So basically you're making this assumption based on a tv show about drag queens that she is a judge on.

Do some research she has been a massive part of fighting for LGBT rights since the 1980s! taking part in pride marches, fund raising, spreading aids awareness, protesting about equal rights for all gays.

She has never once said all gay men are drag queens or neither does she think that. She's been openly fighting for gay men and lesbians for 3 decades!

Some research should of been done by yourself before posting on such a serious subject and not basing a strong opinion on another reality show shes a part of seeing that's just a part of her media career.

I'm sorry op but you got this one wrong.

Le tme repeat myself MICHELLE HAS NEVER ONCE SAID SHE ONLY SUPPORTS DRAG QUEENS OR INSINUATED ALL GAYS ARE DRAG QUEENS. MICHELLE IS A SUPPORTER OF THE WHOLE GAY COMMUNITY! HER T-SHIRT REGARDING ALL MEMBERS OF THE LGBT SOCIETY SHOULD TELL YOU THAT

You're welcome

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 29-01-2015 at 01:32 AM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 01:45 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzors View Post
Everyone is allowed to comment.
I'm gay, but not a drag queen yet im commenting on them
x
Thank you

I guess i dont really get the connection between drag queens and being gay. two of my close friends are gay (one gay one lesbian) and even then their experiences are different and they experience different problems although they come under the umbrella term LBGT.

this is what confused me which i asked about in another thread-how does her being on a show for drag queens make her a spokesperson for a whole group of diverse people on that alone? I assumed she did more than that because she keeps going on about the LBGT movement i assumed she did more, but i have yet to hear her mention anything else shes done for the cause (not saying she hasnt, just its not been made clear). i dont see how championing drag queens helps my friend from not getting a brick through his window when it was discovered he was gay? how does her promoting visibility for drag queens stop my friend being sexually harassed and told she just hasnt "had a good dick in her thats why shes lesbian" after she was spotted with her girlfriend?

but i think what personally wound me up was when she went on about perez setting the movement back 50 years. yes i agree totally point out hes a douchebag et al but they way she said that made it sound like she was rallying for points. i dont like perez either but making it out that everyone is going to judge all gay people on his actions when there are plently of gay (and very much loved) celebrities out there is pretty insulting to the viewers and came across as pandering, and being as big of a drama queen as perez himself. I think its great she is championing drag queens, but again i dont get how that makes her the spokeperson for all LBGT people based on the fact she co-hosts a drag show on that point alone. I think is condescending to the problems and violence LBGT people still unfortunatly face today.

sorry for the long post but thats my whole view, i didnt want to comment as someone who is not LBGT but seeing the problems and issues my gay friends have gone though i dont like how this is all seeminging being simplified down to "well as long as I can wear high heels and make up everything is ok". when you are doing something about the violence, exploitation and homelessness that effect LBGT people then we can talk. until then, can we not with the grandiose statements please.

(eta i am going on how this is being discussed, not what she may do overall as thats not been made clear by anyone)

Last edited by Lstan; 29-01-2015 at 01:58 AM.
Lstan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 02:05 AM #29

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstan View Post
Thank you

I guess i dont really get the connection between drag queens and being gay. two of my close friends are gay (one gay one lesbian) and even then their experiences are different and they experience different problems although they come under the umbrella term LBGT.

this is what confused me which i asked about in another thread-how does her being on a show for drag queens make her a spokesperson for a whole group of diverse people on that alone? I assumed she did more than that because she keeps going on about the LBGT movement i assumed she did more, but i have yet to hear her mention anything else shes done for the cause (not saying she hasnt, just its not been made clear). i dont see how championing drag queens helps my friend from not getting a brick through his window when it was discovered he was gay? how does her promoting visibility for drag queens stop my friend being sexually harassed and told she just hasnt "had a good dick in her thats why shes lesbian" after she was spotted with her girlfriend?

but i think what personally wound me up was when she went on about perez setting the movement back 50 years. yes i agree totally point out hes a douchebag et al but they way she said that made it sound like she was rallying for points. i dont like perez either but making it out that everyone is going to judge all gay people on his actions when there are plently of gay (and very much loved) celebrities out there is pretty insulting to the viewers and came across as pandering, and being as big of a drama queen as perez himself. I think its great she is championing drag queens, but again i dont get how that makes her the spokeperson for all LBGT people based on the fact she co-hosts a drag show on that point alone. I think is condescending to the problems and violence LBGT people still unfortunatly face today.

sorry for the long post but thats my whole view, i didnt want to comment as someone who is not LBGT but seeing the problems and issues my gay friends have gone though i dont like how this is all seeminging being simplified down to "well as long as I can wear high heels and make up everything is ok". when you are doing something about the violence, exploitation and homelessness that effect LBGT people then we can talk. until then, can we not with the grandiose statements please.

(eta i am going on how this is being discussed, not what she may do overall as thats not been made clear by anyone)
Michelle has been massive part of fighting for LGBT rights since the 1980s! taking part in pride marches, fund raising, spreading aids awareness, protesting about equal rights and working to stop homophobia for all gays so that includes your friend. I don't think your friend would have a problem with a woman with the power of being in the public eye bringing such disgusting acts to the publics attention and getting something done about it.

That's 3 decades shes worked side by side with all members from the lgbt community.

She has touched on it briefly on the show aswell so it seems people just didn't pay attention.

The fact she got so upset with Perez was obvious she had been talking about it more but obviously with editing it wasn't shown that's why people will obviously come to the conclusion she was overreacting because they done know her history or what led up to that outburst in the diary room.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 29-01-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Old 29-01-2015, 02:11 AM #30
Another Loud American

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton
Another Loud American

Favourites:

As much as I love Michelle she is a ****ty ally did you guys forget how she loves to say tr**ny?? http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/m...ason-six300714
Gogonoel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 02:27 AM #31
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogonoel View Post
As much as I love Michelle she is a ****ty ally did you guys forget how she loves to say tr**ny?? http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/m...ason-six300714
If I did then that article makes no mention of that whatsoever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 02:30 AM #32
Another Loud American

Favourites:
Another Loud American

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
If I did then that article makes no mention of that whatsoever...
The article where she is defending transphobic language?
The one right there?
Old 29-01-2015, 02:34 AM #33
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Well I mean she was talking about the 'she-mail' segment of the show (which was a total overreaction but now it's gone I couldn't care less) and doesn't mention the word ****** whatsoever but OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 02:35 AM #34
Another Loud American

Favourites:
Another Loud American

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Well I mean she was talking about the 'she-mail' segment of the show (which was a total overreaction but now it's gone I couldn't care less) and doesn't mention the word ****** whatsoever but OK
I literally says T word in the title
also is she-male not transphobic???

Last edited by Gogonoel; 29-01-2015 at 02:35 AM.
Old 29-01-2015, 03:05 AM #35

If I was a member of gay community I'd be ashamed to have someone like Michelle representing me, look how she treated Alicia. She treated that women with utter scorn and derision. Even when Michelle was being pleasant to Alicia her tone was horribly patronising. If the gay community want someone like that representing them ... well...good luck with changing preconceived ideas.
Lolly1210 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 03:36 AM #36

No One person is a representative of ANY group.

And most members of "groups" or "communities" don't like when people
make claims that they are representatives.
Mick McMick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 03:36 AM #37

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
A poster that I saw on DS would accuse you of “pretending to be gay” with that OP Conzors.

I can't remember their name again now though but it was funny.

Anyway I agree with you on Michelle, I'm not gay so it's probably not my place to say this but I'm going for it anyway, I feel that she uses the gay community as a way to big up her ego, and to further her career.
Why would they think i'm prefending to be gay? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
So basically you're making this assumption based on a tv show about drag queens that she is a judge on.

Do some research she has been a massive part of fighting for LGBT rights since the 1980s! taking part in pride marches, fund raising, spreading aids awareness, protesting about equal rights for all gays.

She has never once said all gay men are drag queens or neither does she think that. She's been openly fighting for gay men and lesbians for 3 decades!

Some research should of been done by yourself before posting on such a serious subject and not basing a strong opinion on another reality show shes a part of seeing that's just a part of her media career.

I'm sorry op but you got this one wrong.

Le tme repeat myself MICHELLE HAS NEVER ONCE SAID SHE ONLY SUPPORTS DRAG QUEENS OR INSINUATED ALL GAYS ARE DRAG QUEENS. MICHELLE IS A SUPPORTER OF THE WHOLE GAY COMMUNITY! HER T-SHIRT REGARDING ALL MEMBERS OF THE LGBT SOCIETY SHOULD TELL YOU THAT

You're welcome
This isnt a forum about researching the 1980's. I'm going by what she has said in the house, one which is that Perez sets the gay community back 50 years (when what she represents is a very similer prospect) and another is how she was explaining why she's friends with Kav - 'because, you know, the gay thing' were her exact words, which is totally contradictive as she hates Perez so 'the gay thing' cannot be used to describe why you are friends with someone. She is full of inconsistancies.

I have respect her and have no doubt that she has done this work previously in order to support homosexuality etc, but she, personally represents the drag queen community, so being gay has nothing to do with that community.

Last edited by Conzors; 29-01-2015 at 03:39 AM.
Conzors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 04:37 AM #38
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

They thought that any gay member that was attacking Michelle was “pretending to be gay” and that they was pretending so they could be “homophobic.”
Old 29-01-2015, 05:13 AM #39
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Really? REALLY?!

Michelle Visage has made defending the rights of the LGBT community her life's work. You don't have to like her or necessarily care for having her as a representative, but everyone should respect and appreciate the work she has done and the work she continues to do for the community. Attempting to twist that into something negative for the sake of defending someone like Perez Hilton on a game show is more deplorable than anything you could ever accuse Michelle of doing.
Winkie Expand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 05:20 AM #40
THE PEREZ SHOW

Favourites:
THE PEREZ SHOW

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick McMick View Post
No One person is a representative of ANY group.

And most members of "groups" or "communities" don't like when people
make claims that they are representatives.
Oh yea? Any why don't you say this to Michelle's face? You're so two-faced it makes me sick.
Old 29-01-2015, 09:23 AM #41

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Why would they think i'm prefending to be gay? Lol

This isnt a forum about researching the 1980's. I'm going by what she has said in the house, one which is that Perez sets the gay community back 50 years (when what she represents is a very similer prospect) and another is how she was explaining why she's friends with Kav - 'because, you know, the gay thing' were her exact words, which is totally contradictive as she hates Perez so 'the gay thing' cannot be used to describe why you are friends with someone. She is full of inconsistancies.

I have respect her and have no doubt that she has done this work previously in order to support homosexuality etc, but she, personally represents the drag queen community, so being gay has nothing to do with that community.
I'm not even going to continue this debate.

Have a great day.
Old 29-01-2015, 09:25 AM #42

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

she is the mirror image of who she actually thinks she is...not cool or tolerant at all.

Last edited by parmnion; 29-01-2015 at 09:25 AM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 09:27 AM #43
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Yes I don't like the whole their struggle is my struggle bollocks. And why is she so desperate to finish above Perez? Does he not fit into her category of how a Gay person should behave? Maybe his self-confidence bothers her. It's like she think all Gay people are weak and need protecting by her. Her ego is insane, she really needs to get over herself.
Old 29-01-2015, 09:29 AM #44
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
Yes I don't like the whole their struggle is my struggle bollocks. And why is she so desperate to finish above Perez? Does he not fit into her category of how a Gay person should behave? Maybe his self-confidence bothers her. It's like she think all Gay people are weak and need protecting by her. Her ego is insane, she really needs to get over herself.
Old 29-01-2015, 09:30 AM #45
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

What I thought was hilarious was the fact that Biggins actually thought she was a drag queen herself. Lou lou had to tell him she was actually a woman AND BIGGINS IS GAY, lol.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 09:37 AM #46
cancelled

cancelled

Default gay

Quote:
Everyone is allowed to comment.
I'm gay, but not a drag queen yet im commenting on them
x

........today i'm in a gay mood and i see michelle in it for herself...........on

the backs of others

Mark
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 09:51 AM #47

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Favourites (more):

I didn't know of Michelle before CBB but on entrance was hoping she would be a fun filled feisty lady - but have to be honest she hasn't made me laugh at all I haven't heard much of who she is I know what she stands for/ fights for but that is really it. The rest I have seen has been mostly nasty comments about HMs usually behind their back not the HM I was hoping for a big dissapointment sorry

she spouts LGBT but she seems to show very little tolerance for others even to the point of calling perez 'that' I mean come on he is a person! When KH made her comment about 'It's a job' I didn't hear Michelle stand up for them either!

Last edited by -Sue-; 29-01-2015 at 09:57 AM.
-Sue- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 09:58 AM #48
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

She was pathetic, crying last night. I wanna be in the final with my fwuends! URGH! What a letdown she is. Fiesty woman my arse!
Old 29-01-2015, 10:01 AM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
She was pathetic, crying last night. I wanna be in the final with my fwuends! URGH! What a letdown she is. Fiesty woman my arse!
Exactly where is her fun filled character? is she able to have a laugh without it being at someone else's expense?
Old 29-01-2015, 10:03 AM #50
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sue- View Post
Exactly where is her fun filled character? is she able to have a laugh without it being at someone else's expense?
She finally realised it was the Perez Show!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
community, gay, michelle, represent