Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 28-10-2015, 09:14 PM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
I don't mean not so well off, I mean that there are a lot of well off people in that part of town but a lot of those people are scum of the earth - money can't buy class etc. So I'm not totally gobsmacked to hear this though obviously it's shocking that any child should be stabbed at school...
I don't understand this, 'money can't buy class' how is this relevant to a situation where a schoolboy murders another schoolboy?
Old 28-10-2015, 11:33 PM #27

Last edited by arista; 28-10-2015 at 11:34 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 03:40 AM #28
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...also a complete nightmare for the family of the boy who killed him, I can't imagine what they're going through....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 04:27 AM #29

I found school too be nothing more than a, anti social government program, they have far too long turned a blind eye on bullying, and they only care if a person defends themself from thugs who attack you, I was suspended for 4 weeks because I protected my mate, from bullies, I headbutted one of them and I broke his nose, and Im not sorry too this day, there is this culture in schools where every dickhead acts like they are hard, and the knife thing is nothing new,
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 06:01 AM #30

I can only comment based upon the reportage so far, but isn't this just one more shameful example of ALL which is wrong with society now?

A young, gentle and decent child's life has been savagely ended by a bullying coward.

If there is now reportage from several sources that the victim was being bullied by the murderer, then such knowedge was common and SHOULD have been picked up on by the school, who should have dealt with it in a serious manner and closely monitored the bully.

The parents of the bully and the bullied boy should have been also made aware of the situation by the school.

Of course, I doubt that any of this happened.

Until our attitudes change, these atrocious incidents will continue and increase in frequency.

Every weekend some innocent person is being murdered by YOUNG people on our streets - whether that is grown fathers being set upon by teenage gangs after asking them to 'quieten down', or decent young students being knifed and beaten to death by teenage yobs for doing nothing more than having a night out with their friends.

I am sick and tired of people using 'youth' as some sort of mitigating factor in defense of the abhorrent little bastards.

An innocent life has been deliberately taken in these incidents.

That life has been PERMANENTLY ended. It cannot be restored in 6 years or 8 years - it has ended, and the INNOCENT victim has been sentenced to death.

The heartbreak, devastation, and LOSS, of the victims innocent families will not cease after 6 years or 8 years either - the parents without a son/daughter, the children without a father/mother, the spouse without a husband/wife - all permanent, and all sentenced to suffer such for LIFE.

And this is why, it is now time to restore TRUE justice in this country.

Life imprisonment should mean life imprisonment.

Murderers are becoming increasingly younger and younger, and the current 6 to 8 year terms of imprisonment which are standard, are just NOT realistic.

Venables and Thompson are not a unique case as far as 'time-served' is concerned, and it makes a sneering mockery of the notion of 'Justice' to the grief-stricken families of murder victims, that those responsible are enjoying freedom and a LIFE in their early 20's, when their own innocent loved ones have been so callously deprived of that same enjoyment to life by these very bastards.

Any sentence for cupable murder should be standard and serve both as a Deterrent and a Punishment.

Until then, these senseless murders will continue.

The subject of Bullying, and official attitudes to it, also needs serious, and very urgent overhaul.

Authorities pay 'Lip Service' to it, making all the right noises but in actual fact such roaring is often found to emanate from 'Paper Tigers', and were it not for a few individuals within institutions (often at ground level) Bullying would not be addressed at all. (I would wager that there are far fewer 'Ammi's' around than there are those who ignore, lighten, and tolerate bullying within schools).

Bullying is a very widespread, growing, and serious practice which destroys lives, and more frequently than may be thought, actually takes them - be that by murder as in this case - or by the suicide of the victims, and it is time to treat this malignancy as such.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 29-10-2015 at 06:15 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 06:22 AM #31
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..the thing is that we don't really know anything about the boy who killed him yet or about the bullying and maybe we won't know until the trial details...but for me, prison sentencing has to also be about rehabilitation and not just a punishment and especially for a 16yr old child..taking away his whole life and the impact of that on his family is not going to change anything/take away any of the pain lived with by Bailey's family, it's just going to add more tragedy to this...if it's possible for him to be rehabilitated in his sentencing, surely that's the outcome to be hoped for, more than anything else...to double the 'victims' and the victims families will achieve nothing and change nothing...
Old 29-10-2015, 06:28 AM #32
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..my youngest son was attacked some years ago, it was a mindless attack with no reason at all../just wrong place/wrong time I guess...it shook our world, it's life changing for everyone in the family...would I want that person who did it to have had any harm done to them because of what they did, would I want many years of their lives taken from them just because it was my son...?...no, I would never, ever wish that same pain on their families/on their mothers...what I would want is for that person to never hurt anyone again but to be with their families, and for their sentencing to have had a point...
Old 29-10-2015, 08:03 AM #33
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

It's a very sad state of affairs where a kid thinks its ok to carry a knife. You don't do that unless you have some intent to use it. Given that, I would suggest that the attack was pre-meditated and should be punished accordingly. While I agree its sad to write someone off at that age as a lost cause, it takes a child with a certain type of mind to do that, its not normal, so I have no sympathy for whatever fate befalls him next.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 09:06 AM #34
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I can only comment based upon the reportage so far, but isn't this just one more shameful example of ALL which is wrong with society now?

A young, gentle and decent child's life has been savagely ended by a bullying coward.

If there is now reportage from several sources that the victim was being bullied by the murderer, then such knowedge was common and SHOULD have been picked up on by the school, who should have dealt with it in a serious manner and closely monitored the bully.

The parents of the bully and the bullied boy should have been also made aware of the situation by the school.

Until our attitudes change, these atrocious incidents will continue and increase in frequency.

Every weekend some innocent person is being murdered by YOUNG people on our streets - whether that is grown fathers being set upon by teenage gangs after asking them to 'quieten down', or decent young students being knifed and beaten to death by teenage yobs for doing nothing more than having a night out with their friends.

I am sick and tired of people using 'youth' as some sort of mitigating factor in defense of the abhorrent little bastards.

That life has been PERMANENTLY ended. It cannot be restored in 6 years or 8 years - it has ended, and the INNOCENT victim has been sentenced to death.

The heartbreak, devastation, and LOSS, of the victims innocent families will not cease after 6 years or 8 years either - the parents without a son/daughter, the children without a father/mother, the spouse without a husband/wife - all permanent, and all sentenced to suffer such for LIFE.

Murderers are becoming increasingly younger and younger, and the current 6 to 8 year terms of imprisonment which are standard, are just NOT realistic.

Venables and Thompson are not a unique case as far as 'time-served' is concerned, and it makes a sneering mockery of the notion of 'Justice' to the grief-stricken families of murder victims, that those responsible are enjoying freedom and a LIFE in their early 20's, when their own innocent loved ones have been so callously deprived of that same enjoyment to life by these very bastards.

Any sentence for cupable murder should be standard and serve both as a Deterrent and a Punishment.

The subject of Bullying, and official attitudes to it, also needs serious, and very urgent overhaul.

Authorities pay 'Lip Service' to it, making all the right noises but in actual fact such roaring is often found to emanate from 'Paper Tigers', and were it not for a few individuals within institutions (often at ground level) Bullying would not be addressed at all. (I would wager that there are far fewer 'Ammi's' around than there are those who ignore, lighten, and tolerate bullying within schools).

Bullying is a very widespread, growing, and serious practice which destroys lives, and more frequently than may be thought, actually takes them - be that by murder as in this case - or by the suicide of the victims, and it is time to treat this malignancy as such.

Schools take safeguarding issues very seriously these days, and have by law to have a safeguarding policy which includes a policy on bullying in place. Some schools are better than others at dealing with bullying, but as it can go on anywhere and is increasingly done online and by text it is often outside the schools control, at any rate we have to wait and hear the full facts before we make assumptions.

Last edited by Cherie; 29-10-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 06:02 PM #35

The Other Evil Pupil aged 16
who Stabbed him
has now been Charged with his Murder
goes to court tomorrow.

Last edited by arista; 29-10-2015 at 06:03 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 07:11 PM #36

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

Totally agree Kirk,and as for Thompson an Venables,what they got away with would make your hair curl,they were never REALLY punished for the vile things they did to James,but they did gain an education,holidays,video consoles etc, they were supposed to be banned from Liverpool,lol,were they heck,I too get fed up with the excuse of kids ages,you know from an early age what is right and wrong,little bastards should have gone on to an adult prison after they served a paltry 8 years,Venables proved he was a pervert and they STILL let him out,nothing surprises me anymore.Feel so sad for this lads family.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 29-10-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:35 PM #37
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I don't understand this, 'money can't buy class' how is this relevant to a situation where a schoolboy murders another schoolboy?
I was specifically taking issue with the media reports that Cults is 'considered one of Aberdeen's more affluent areas' - why is THAT relevant to a schoolboy being murdered by another schoolboy? Crime can happen anywhere. And, more to the point, Cults isn't 'considered one of Aberdeen's more affluent areas' - it's where millionaires have nice houses and so there are just richer people with richer problems.

Anyway, my best friend's younger sisters are in the same year as the boy and they say that the guy who did it was being badly bullied by a lot of people and he just lashed out at random... :/
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:38 PM #38
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I was specifically taking issue with the media reports that Cults is 'considered one of Aberdeen's more affluent areas' - why is THAT relevant to a schoolboy being murdered by another schoolboy? Crime can happen anywhere. And, more to the point, Cults isn't 'considered one of Aberdeen's more affluent areas' - it's where millionaires have nice houses and so there are just richer people with richer problems.

Anyway, my best friend's younger sisters are in the same year as the boy and they say that the guy who did it was being badly bullied by a lot of people and he just lashed out at random... :/
That is doubly sad if that is the case.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:27 PM #39
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

Well that put's a different slant on things doesn't it?
I'm still confused as to the class comment to be fair, anyone of any class has the capacity to snap.

Last edited by Kizzy; 01-11-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:57 AM #40
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..this is so tragic, if he was being bullied himself...it's sadly so often that all of the victims in these things aren't so obvious.../thoughts to both of their families, their worlds both shattered...
Old 02-11-2015, 01:53 PM #41
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

There is also reports contrary to this... ' my best friend's younger sisters are in the same year as the boy and they say that the guy who did it was being badly bullied by a lot of people and he just lashed out at random'.
Which is why instead of flying off on a tangent citing past incidents and accusing teaching staff of not being 'Ammi' enough whatever that means, to wait for the facts.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
died, pupil, school, schoolboy, secondary, stabbed