Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-01-2007, 08:59 PM #26
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

If you argue that there is no God, you need to explain how we got from nothing to today.

The Big Bang requires nothing to give rise to something, a clear violation of the 1st law of Thermodynamics, so to get around this those that deny God redefine nothing - go figure.

You then have the problem of getting life started, this is called spontaneous generation or Abiogenesis, which time after time has been shown not to exist, yet evolutionists cling to it - go figure

After getting life started, you need to get one form to give rise to other forms, in violation of the law of biogenesis (Life comes from life and that of it's kind) You also need "good mutations" which have never been documented in nature to drive this forward. (Yes there is the issue of bacterial resistance to antibiotics, but this is caused by plasmids floating around and has nothing to do with evolution)

To deny God and say it all came bout by pure natural processes requires more faith than a theist.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 09:02 PM #27
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

If you're arguing that there is a God, then you need to explain how one entity got everything from nothing?
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 09:03 PM #28

I believe there is something out there, i am not religous however i believe that the world must have started somewhere at some point. I suppose i believe more to the big bang idea because to me it seems more realistic.
xSammyx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 09:22 PM #29
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
So you believe that women are lesser beings?

The Adam & Eve theory states that Eve was made from Adams spare rib and that she was an evil temptress The mare!
That is not what is said in Genesis. The woman was to be a helpmate for Adam, and later Paul in the epistle to the Galatians equated women to be equal to men

Oh and By the way, the Genesis account does not mention an apple, it talks about a fruit from the tree of knowledge, it never said it was an apple.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 09:44 PM #30

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Quote:
Originally posted by xSammyx
I believe there is something out there, i am not religous however i believe that the world must have started somewhere at some point. I suppose i believe more to the big bang idea because to me it seems more realistic.
That's my thoughts. I don't necceserily think there is a God who sits in the sky watching over us. I think it's in people's minds whether there is a God or not, i think people believe in God within your head and thinking that somebody is there 24/7 watching over you makes some people feel safe and more secure so they want to believe that there is a God, maybe not the God that created the world but the God who is there for you and helps you through things. It's just in your head and whether or not you believe in it or not. I personally think people do it for comfort and to feel less alone etc knowing someone is always there with you.

The Big Bang theory is what i believe in more than anything because as Sammy said, it just seems more realistic and it's more believeable.
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 10:06 PM #31

Religion was created to control man - only have to look at all civilisations over the centuries and pre-history too. From the Incas to the Jedi's there is a leader and the followers.

We are all made of stardust, man!!!!!

We can then argue/debate about Darwin!!!!
Feral is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 10:11 PM #32
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by Feral_One
Religion was created to control man - only have to look at all civilisations over the centuries and pre-history too. From the Incas to the Jedi's there is a leader and the followers.
Ooh you Marxist
Old 24-01-2007, 10:52 PM #33

At funerals i believe in god,but once they finish i forget.

I do think somthings there tho,aslong as tom cruise isnt right im cool with any religion
Psylocke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 12:12 PM #34

I'm an athiest..

I dont believe in any god..
Diablo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 12:26 PM #35

Some very good points of view .. most of them made my brain hurt.

I still reckon this whole "God" thing is complete balony. As its been stated in here various times, i think religion is a tool used by the powerful to subjegate common man. George Bush and his cronies are doing it as we speak.. did'nt George Dubya even tell America God gave him his blessing to attack Iraq? ( or words to that effect). All you christians out there, would you have the same beliefs if you were born in a non christian country, and your parents were of a different faith. We get spoonfed this rubbish from birth. Christianity is only 2 thousand years old. Thats a fraction of time that humanity has existed. If you were born in Roman times, the chances are you'd belive in Zues. Nowadays we'd think that risable.
What does the bible say about stone age man .. or even dinosaurs?

Awww, who's seen those baby panda's on the news!!! Awwww!!!

.. i want one!
bonnie43uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 03:22 PM #36

Quote:
Originally posted by bonnie43uk
Whats everyones views on God? .. does he/she/it exist?

I was spoonfed religion from birth, and its only now, nearly half a century later, i've come to the conclusion God does'nt exist.
I read some chapters from the bible before christmas ( mainly the Old Testament) .. and its absolute garbage.. God is a vengeful nasty vindictive piece of work.. read it and tell me different. God did'nt create the world, thats scientific fact, its billions of years old. If an outstretched arm is representative of the age of the planet, man has been here for the tiniest slice of a finger nail. We evolved, very very slowly. Our brains cannot even envisage the sheer age of this planet and the enormity of the universe.
If God gives you comfort I'm happy for you, but i for one, dont believe in him.

Thankyou Prof Richard Dawkins .. you've opened my eyes!
http://www.bakkah.net/articles/whyarewehere.htm
abs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 03:31 PM #37

Like I said previously I do believe in something - not sure what- but I feel that like someone else has said religion and god are 2 different things. I doubt any god would want things to be so dictitorial or so sexist as in some religions.

I am a catholic and was brought up being dragged to church every week which is something I have not donet o my kids as I feel people all have the right to choose their beliefs and not have them drummed into them.

The bulk of the Catholic belief system is built around making other people feel guilty which is something I choose not to want to be a part of as an adult. I believe in freedom, choices and respect and dont feel that many religions offer that in their "package"
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 03:33 PM #38

Yes I believe there is a God, or something similar. But its very confusing. I just don't think its some man in a white robe with a beard and sandals.
Chrizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 03:37 PM #39

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrizzle
Yes I believe there is a God, or something similar. But its very confusing. I just don't think its some man in a white robe with a beard and sandals.
Nothing wrong with white robes and sandals Chris lol
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 03:38 PM #40

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny_01
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrizzle
Nothing wrong with white robes and sandals Chris lol

I'm not one to diss anyone elses fashion!
Chrizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 03:42 PM #41

Favourites (more):
BB12: Louise
X Factor 2010: Belle Amie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Louise
X Factor 2010: Belle Amie

Don't know
sol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 04:34 PM #42

Today at school i was discussing the evolution of Humans and how the world actually came about. There were some things and ideas that scare me. Such as:
*Our life and everyone elses could be just a really huge advanced video game, and some more developed life form (up there) are controlling everything we do and say.
* The earth is a huge carboard box with lots of little holes in, the sun is just a huge light buld, it turns out slowly on a night and the light from the outside shines through the little holes in the boxcreating the stars????? Ok that one was stupid but alot of waht we were talking about was really quite logical.

*Another idea: The earth was created through a giant explosion of the sun, and all the planets were blown up parts of the sun, then they all got caught up the orbit and they gradually developed. (Still not sure how animals and humans were formed though.)

Then we moved onto death and what happens. We came to the conclusion if you do not beleive in after life. Thats it.

Emilee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 04:09 PM #43

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
If you argue that there is no God, you need to explain how we got from nothing to today.

The Big Bang requires nothing to give rise to something, a clear violation of the 1st law of Thermodynamics, so to get around this those that deny God redefine nothing - go figure.

You then have the problem of getting life started, this is called spontaneous generation or Abiogenesis, which time after time has been shown not to exist, yet evolutionists cling to it - go figure

After getting life started, you need to get one form to give rise to other forms, in violation of the law of biogenesis (Life comes from life and that of it's kind) You also need "good mutations" which have never been documented in nature to drive this forward. (Yes there is the issue of bacterial resistance to antibiotics, but this is caused by plasmids floating around and has nothing to do with evolution)

To deny God and say it all came bout by pure natural processes requires more faith than a theist.
But how do we know the big bang actually happened, it's all well and good relying on scientists, but how do they know for sure... they don't and there is no sufficient evidence other then guess work to back there theories. There are many things that just don't stack up! For every theorie theres it's downfall.

I just don't see how anybody can be adament there is a god! Why waste your life preaching and following someones rules, when you don't know if they are truthful or made up by some average joe all them years ago.

I am a believer in the spirit world and life after death but in no way do i see us being controlled by the messiah, the be all and end all we know as god. I believe there is something greater and even more mind blowing then simply a god.

Religion is a very easy way of looking at things, with very naive beliefs and i'm not one to tag along simply on someones elses viewpoint. We will never know for sure untill we die, and unless there's a way of bringing people back from the dead... we will never be able to answer that question.

Heyyyyyy i want a reply!!!
Tanser_Man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 04:13 PM #44
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilee
Today at school i was discussing the evolution of Humans and how the world actually came about. There were some things and ideas that scare me. Such as:
*Our life and everyone elses could be just a really huge advanced video game, and some more developed life form (up there) are controlling everything we do and say.
* The earth is a huge carboard box with lots of little holes in, the sun is just a huge light buld, it turns out slowly on a night and the light from the outside shines through the little holes in the boxcreating the stars????? Ok that one was stupid but alot of waht we were talking about was really quite logical.

*Another idea: The earth was created through a giant explosion of the sun, and all the planets were blown up parts of the sun, then they all got caught up the orbit and they gradually developed. (Still not sure how animals and humans were formed though.)

Then we moved onto death and what happens. We came to the conclusion if you do not beleive in after life. Thats it.

Animals and humans formed from bacteria.
Old 26-01-2007, 04:13 PM #45

I dont beleive in god and I dont have an explanation about how nothing became something..

but just because I cant explain it, that doesn't mean that there must be a god....
Diablo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 04:20 PM #46

Quote:
Really???? Never knew that! Thats amazing!
Thanks xxx. It makes more sense now.
Old 26-01-2007, 04:24 PM #47
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Quote:
Really???? Never knew that! Thats amazing!
Thanks xxx. It makes more sense now.
Thats what the theory states. I'm really bad with science so I don't know how credible it is or anything.
But it's perfectly realistic for life form to be created from bacteria.
Old 26-01-2007, 04:46 PM #48

I supposed, i mean bacteria spreads and grows so it is a totally realistic idea. But i dont understand how bacteria can for a brain, heart, lungs, etc. Sems a lil bit far fetched.
Old 26-01-2007, 04:49 PM #49
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
I supposed, i mean bacteria spreads and grows so it is a totally realistic idea. But i dont understand how bacteria can for a brain, heart, lungs, etc. Sems a lil bit far fetched.
Multiplying and mutating DNA sequences (ACTG) I think can cause that.
Old 26-01-2007, 04:51 PM #50

WOW! This is all interesting stuff.
The fact i don't undertsnad science Sucks a bit though. LOL
But i sort of undertsnad what you mean, So Humans and animals mutated (is that the right word?) from bacteria and behold! - here is the populated earth! absolutley extraordinary.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
exist, god