Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 12:55 PM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Also Freedom of Speech hasn't been 'destroyed' by PC, bigots are just mad that people don't applaud them every time they spew their bile.

Have your opinions but FoS doesn't mean that everyone has to accept your opinions. That's the real problem that people who take issue with PC have, they expect their opinion to be celebrated and they think it's an attack on their rights if anyone thinks any differently.
This, the ONLY people who cry political correctness are those who are attempting to denigrate a sub section of society and are desperate to make it appealing to another.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:03 PM #27
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
This, the ONLY people who cry political correctness are those who are attempting to denigrate a sub section of society and are desperate to make it appealing to another.
100% wrong. what do you say about the 20,000 abused kids in rotherham, buried due to political correctness? what do you say to the millions of illegal immigrants across europe, the 33000 innocents killed in the western world by radical islamic terrorists last year? still think its right to have open borders? to arm so called rebels we dont even know? to have increased populations by 10 million over 20 years? oh am I being racist yet accoridng to the bull**** politically invented language of political correctness?
Old 12-11-2016, 01:06 PM #28
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
You can talk about it. You can't generalise a group of people because of a select few, or throw in a couple insulting slurs towards an entire group. These rules work well, Trump moving house will have little impact in how people perceive childish or aggressive hate speech. But sure, talk about it. Just be grown ups when ya do and literally nobody will have a problem.

Freedom of speech for writers exist, but if you're passing off ludicrous claims and gross generalisations, then your speech will likely be critiqued. You have the freedom to choose who sees your words, if you're feeling too sensitive for scrutiny, I'd avoid public forums.
Thats not the reality, words are endlessly taken out of context to suit the liberal agenda....that idiot emily thornberry recently cocked up a sky interview and ended up claiming sexual harrassment as a get out of jail. just so typical
Old 12-11-2016, 01:07 PM #29
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Too many people hide behind cards

racism being one of the worst
Old 12-11-2016, 01:08 PM #30
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Too many people hide behind cards

racism being one of the worst
exactly
Old 12-11-2016, 01:10 PM #31
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
100% wrong. what do you say about the 20,000 abused kids in rotherham, buried due to political correctness? what do you say to the millions of illegal immigrants across europe, the 33000 innocents killed in the western world by radical islamic terrorists last year? still think its right to have open borders? to arm so called rebels we dont even know? to have increased populations by 10 million over 20 years? oh am I being racist yet accoridng to the bull**** politically invented language of political correctness?
That was nothing to do with the political correctness used as justification for casual bigotry today.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:20 PM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
People thinking that PC is evil = People who are upset that their opinions no longer reflect that of the majority.
I think that both brexit and the Trump win clearly demonstrate that the majority of people are fed-up with political correctness. The obvious votes of rebellion and dissatisfaction at the current rate of migration was blatant enough for all to see.

PC is for people who can't think for themselves and try very hard to 'fit-in' with modern so-called 'educated' views. It's all about image with some, people who seem to lack real understanding of how this impacts on the indigenous population, especially when the views of many of these migrants are at odds with the views of the locals. A kind of inverted snobbery.

It is also attempted intimidation of those that don't just blindly follow 'popular' ideology' without question.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:20 PM #33
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Yes, he spouted hot air to get elected. He's going soft already on several issues, more to come....some people are going to be disappointed. The thing is, he didn't ever say HOW he was going to achieve all the things he pledged, but his supporters didn't seem to care, he was saying what they wanted to hear and they just believed...
This is a good thing really.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:23 PM #34
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Also Freedom of Speech hasn't been 'destroyed' by PC, bigots are just mad that people don't applaud them every time they spew their bile.

Have your opinions but FoS doesn't mean that everyone has to accept your opinions. That's the real problem that people who take issue with PC have, they expect their opinion to be celebrated and they think it's an attack on their rights if anyone thinks any differently.
Exactly. The world has become a crueller, less tolerant place recently, that's not something to be celebrated imo

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:25 PM #35
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
yep totally agree, it's not a problem if it's not a problem for me type attitudes

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 12-11-2016, 01:30 PM #36
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I agree with this in most cases. However there really are times when 'PC gone maaaaad' can apply without bigotry.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:42 PM #37
User banned

User banned

Quote:
That was nothing to do with the political correctness used as justification for casual bigotry today.
Constantly chucking around the word bigot is not PC and simply demonstrates a need to try to undermine anyone who disagrees with you.

Bigots come in all shapes and sizes including those that constantly try to shut down opinions different to their own with words such as 'bigot' and 'racist'.

So predictable and totally boring.

Last edited by Brillopad; 12-11-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:42 PM #38
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thats not the reality, words are endlessly taken out of context to suit the liberal agenda....that idiot emily thornberry recently cocked up a sky interview and ended up claiming sexual harrassment as a get out of jail. just so typical
Maybe make the context clear in future then. Echoing what most people here have said, people seem to cry 'PC brigade taking it too far' in response to deliberately inflammatory words which have historically caused upset or outrage to groups of people. When you use slurs against an entire population, you include the innocent and those wrongly associated with a select few from the same group. I think many (on here and in the public eye) will need to work on making their context clearer if this was never their intention before blaming lefties, SJW's or PCB. Because, in my experience, they are just reluctant to take blame because people got away with similar words a couple generations ago.

You can blame the lefties and demand them all to change, but a more appropriate solution is for each person to take responsibility of the words that they write and work towards learning to write in a factually accurate way, which will cause insult to zero innocent parties.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:45 PM #39
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Maybe make the context clear in future then. Echoing what most people here have said, people seem to cry 'PC brigade taking it too far' in response to deliberately inflammatory words which have historically caused upset or outrage to groups of people. When you use slurs against an entire population, you include the innocent and those wrongly associated with a select few from the same group. I think many (on here and in the public eye) will need to work on making their context clearer if this was never their intention before blaming lefties, SJW's or PCB. Because, in my experience, they are just reluctant to take blame because people got away with similar words a couple generations ago.

You can blame the lefties and demand them all to change, but a more appropriate solution is for each person to take responsibility of the words that they write and work towards learning to write in a factually accurate way, which will cause insult to zero innocent parties.
the vats majority of slurs come from the left , wrongly labelling millions as racists sexist homophobic mysoginist etc etc just to deflect from their own lies and failures...this slander must be destroyed...clintons basket of deplorables pretty much sum up the false accusations the left have gotten away with for decades.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:47 PM #40
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
the vats majority of slurs come from the left , wrongly labelling millions as racists sexist homophobic mysoginist etc etc just to deflect from their own lies and failures...this slander must be destroyed...clintons basket of deplorables pretty much sum up the false accusations the left have gotten away with for decades.
But you want political correctness to die. Falsely labelling somebody a racist or a sexist is about as politically incorrect you can get. So what are you really fighting for? Right wing superiority? Or equality? Because at the moment it sounds as if you're contradicting yourself.

"Freedom of speech for all, unless you call me racist, then you can go away and shut up this doesnt apply to you, hun"

Last edited by Withano; 12-11-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:48 PM #41
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Exactly. The world has become a crueller, less tolerant place recently, that's not something to be celebrated imo
political correctness has made it crueller as we see from the 20,000 abused children in rotherham. with this social cancer its almost impossible now to differentiate between legitimate victims and those who play the victim/sexist/racist/bigot/homophobe/ card
Old 12-11-2016, 01:50 PM #42
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
How do you work that out?

If anything the reverse is true with each generation

You just mean that votes have not gone the way you would have liked is all
Old 12-11-2016, 01:52 PM #43

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:

Unfortunately i think that quite a while ago political correctness has gone beyond just 'not letting bigots spread their bile' to the point where important issues are avoided for fear of being accused of some kind of prejudice.Rotherham and immigration are just two examples.I think Political Correctness has alot to answer for Brexit and Donald Trump.It is two simplistic and incorrect just to call everyone racist.As seen on Question Time recently nobody wants to tackle the root of why Donald Trump became President.They just want to scowl down with a critical eye.That attitude gets nobody anywhere.Issues have to be addressed.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:58 PM #44
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Unfortunately i think that quite a while ago political correctness has gone beyond just 'not letting bigots spread their bile' to the point where important issues are avoided for fear of being accused of some kind of prejudice.Rotherham and immigration are just two examples.I think Political Correctness has alot to answer for Brexit and Donald Trump.It is two simplistic and incorrect just to call everyone racist.As seen on Question Time recently nobody wants to tackle the root of why Donald Trump became President.They just want to scowl down with a critical eye.That attitude gets nobody anywhere.Issues have to be addressed.
exactly. these sanctimnious twats like ed balls wife, how on earth can she preach? she was in the government that illegally killed 1 million iraqis, which formed isis and the humanitarian syrian disasters, who bankrupted our nation, who gave our soverignty to the anti democratic EU, who made our nhs 70 dirtier than scandinavian hospitals?
Old 12-11-2016, 02:10 PM #45
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Yes, I posted this on the other trump thread, but this article explains everything pretty well. I was one of those who wrote off Trump voters as bigots, I will be honest. But this gave me a clearer perspective on it all tbh

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...e-talks-about/
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2016, 02:11 PM #46
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
How do you work that out?

If anything the reverse is true with each generation

You just mean that votes have not gone the way you would have liked is all
Don't tell me what I mean, thanks

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-11-2016, 02:13 PM #47
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Don't tell me what I mean, thanks
He just posted what he thinks you mean, which is 100% fair enough
Old 12-11-2016, 02:14 PM #48
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He just posted what he thinks you mean, which is 100% fair enough
I'm quite sure LT can speak for himself

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-11-2016, 02:22 PM #49
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I think that both brexit and the Trump win clearly demonstrate that the majority of people are fed-up with political correctness. The obvious votes of rebellion and dissatisfaction at the current rate of migration was blatant enough for all to see.

PC is for people who can't think for themselves and try very hard to 'fit-in' with modern so-called 'educated' views. It's all about image with some, people who seem to lack real understanding of how this impacts on the indigenous population, especially when the views of many of these migrants are at odds with the views of the locals. A kind of inverted snobbery.

It is also attempted intimidation of those that don't just blindly follow 'popular' ideology' without question
..this isn't true though at all and it's the 'non pc' as it were, throwing a 'pc' out there and doing the exact same thing as is being objected to is the thing...Brexit for instance as you mentioned that..?...I think that it's clear that 'ist' was a factor for some, that's something I've personally experienced so I know it to be true for some but to say it was a factor in voting for all wouldn't be true and maybe only true of a tiny percentage with others and the majority voting Brexit for many reasons...the same with remain voters, immigration and wanting all out open borders wasn't a thing for most either but maybe it was for some/again maybe a tiny percentage...people can't say through PC..?..well yes they can, people can say and they always have been able to, they say their concerns about immigration and no one will judge them or should judge them because it's all perfectly valid but to be racist/to be hateful in their concerns and words etc and in their intolerances is not acceptable and I don't understand why people who have concerns and worries etc would feel that any 'pc' applied to them anyway because it doesn't in what the term represents so there is no issue, we all self pc ourselves...but it's equally an intolerance in the way that pc is thrown out there as something that's a bad thing and such a negative effect on society to say what is considered 'pc' is not equally moderate views speaking for themselves and assumed some kind of 'appearance' must be the reason and wanting to seem to be saying the right thing, is equally as restrictive ...(on the whole and in general..)...people say what they believe and what their thoughts of without any consideration to a pc....if someone says, no I think that's wrong, they say it because that's what they believe...
Old 12-11-2016, 02:25 PM #50
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...and as for 'effect' and for 'appearance'...well look at Trump and his wall across the Mexican border and his attention seeking start in his campaign...a master of saying what he thinks many want to hear...
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
correctness, evil, finally, kill, political, trump