Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-04-2017, 08:47 PM #26
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
'We'
plural pronoun, possessive our or ours, objective us.

(used to denote oneself and another or others)

used to denote oneself and another or others

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:47 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
You certainly implied it. It would be rather odd to criticise someone for something you felt could apply to you.
It would be presumptuous to presume anything is going to be believed or taken as fact in a forum discussion, especially by the opposing side. That goes both ways.

The question is, are my replies being none PC?
Old 20-04-2017, 08:48 PM #28
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Good grief… It feel like my words are continually stifled on here because of political correctness. Sometimes, even when I’ve tried to limit my words so as not to offend, I still find certain people are outraged by what I’ve said. I’m less vocal and literal here than other discussion groups for fear of offending some sensitive soul.
That turning tide. People against open borders have been made to feel that way many times.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:52 PM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me how you always seem to see your response as 'ripping it to shreds'. If you say so.
I refuted your silly little claim without having to resort to your tactics of whining about being called a bigot,

That's what you do when someone accuses you of something, you don't whine about the word and try to turn it into something that can't be said because it hurts your feelings. Refute it or accept it, there are no other options.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:52 PM #30

Quote:
That turning tide. People against open borders have been made to feel that way many times.
People who don't like open borders have every right to debate their reasons but facts are nice because they give us something honest to work with and talk about.
Old 20-04-2017, 08:57 PM #31
-

-

It's quite amusing for me, really. I'm not actually a huge fan of "political correctness" or, rather, the legal implementation of such. I am all for balls-out free speech. For everyone. That means that you can say whatever you want without fear of the authorities or persecution or any official sanction. It also means that everyone else has free reign to say whatever they want back and tear you the **** down and there's not a damned thing you can do or say about it. If that's what we mean by PC coming to an end then I'm all for it . Bring it on. We could test it out on this forum. Remove all of the rules, make it no holds barred. That's what makes it amusing --- I know exactly which members would head for the hills first .

Because what these people ACTUALLY want - and this is where it gets really ironic - is somewhere that they can share their views WITHOUT being called out on them. Without being "called oh-so-mean names" like bigot, narrow-minded, nasty little racist, etc. What they want is a safe space. And that cracks me up.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 09:02 PM #32
User banned

User banned

the left abused political correctness, they perverted it and destroyed its true meaning just to make political gain themselves. absolutely disgusting. 20,000 kids molested in rotherham thanks to a perverted form of political correctness and all labours fault
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 09:04 PM #33
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I refuted your silly little claim without having to resort to your tactics of whining about being called a bigot,

That's what you do when someone accuses you of something, you don't whine about the word and try to turn it into something that can't be said because it hurts your feelings. Refute it or accept it, there are no other options.
wrong, its slander supported by the left which people should sue over. just as those falsely accused by money grabbers should counter sue and take the false accusers to hell
Old 20-04-2017, 09:04 PM #34
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's quite amusing for me, really. I'm not actually a huge fan of "political correctness" or, rather, the legal implementation of such. I am all for balls-out free speech. For everyone. That means that you can say whatever you want without fear of the authorities or persecution or any official sanction. It also means that everyone else has free reign to say whatever they want back and tear you the **** down and there's not a damned thing you can do or say about it. If that's what we mean by PC coming to an end then I'm all for it . Bring it on. We could test it out on this forum. Remove all of the rules, make it no holds barred. That's what makes it amusing --- I know exactly which members would head for the hills first .

Because what these people ACTUALLY want - and this is where it gets really ironic - is somewhere that they can share their views WITHOUT being called out on them. Without being "called oh-so-mean names" like bigot, narrow-minded, nasty little racist, etc. What they want is a safe space. And that cracks me up.
You think you know, but it's no coincidence that you clearly imply that those that would run are those on the opposite side of the fence to you.
Old 20-04-2017, 09:08 PM #35
-

-

Quote:
You think you know, but it's no coincidence that you clearly imply that those that would run are those on the opposite side of the fence to you.
I'm not implying it I'm outright stating it. You complain about the things that are said to you already, seemingly completely unaware that you are benefitting - massively - from people holding back due to political correctness.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 09:16 PM #36
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm not implying it I'm outright stating it. You complain about the things that are said to you already, seemingly completely unaware that you are benefitting - massively - from people holding back due to political correctness.
I don't complain out of sensitivity I complain on principle. Many are probably holding back to some degree due to forum rules, but if someone pushes the boundaries it is far more likely that those expressing opinions considered 'right wing' will be infracted. Lessons learned. Sometimes the feeling of not giving some people the satisfaction prevails.
Old 20-04-2017, 10:14 PM #37
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post

Obviously your idea and my idea of proof don't agree. In my book you proved nothing. It's all about context.
Old 20-04-2017, 10:33 PM #38
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
What makes Brillos argument weak
On this particular topic?
Shes implied that she is against forum members calling others names such as racists or bigots, despite her labelling many members as a sexist in the past
She wants freedom of speech but wants to stop others from calling right wing people mean names
She wants PC culture to come to an end despite endlessly arguing against: people protesting against governments, people namecalling in general, and posts that she believes to be anti-feminist

Her argument is so weak, in so many different ways. She claims to be fighting against PC whilst having many PC traits, and she is fighting for freedom of speech whilst suggesting that others should not have the same privilege.
And this mindset is very similar to the woman in the video. Its senseless, contradictory, and hypocritical.
Old 20-04-2017, 10:54 PM #39
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
On this particular topic?
Shes implied that she is against forum members calling others names such as racists or bigots, despite her labelling many members as a sexist in the past
She wants freedom of speech but wants to stop others from calling right wing people mean names
She wants PC culture to come to an end despite endlessly arguing against: people protesting against governments, people namecalling in general, and posts that she believes to be anti-feminist

Her argument is so weak, in so many different ways. She claims to be fighting against PC whilst having many PC traits, and she is fighting for freedom of speech whilst suggesting that others should not have the same privilege.
And this mindset is very similar to the woman in the video. Its senseless, contradictory, and hypocritical.
That is twisted beyond belief. If certain people are going to try to label me because they don't like my opinions they can't then expect me to hold back when I don't like theirs. I never start it.

It isn't me that wants it all their way. You really don't seem to know half of what's occured so until you do it's probably best you refrain from giving your not so well informed opinion.

Last edited by Brillopad; 20-04-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:05 PM #40
User banned

User banned

labour made the basic most obvious mistake of any political party, they tried to heavily legislate for everything, including everyday social behaviour, conversations and interactions

You simply cannot do that, every phrase every conversation are all in different contexts and situations. to think cops are meant to police everyday conversations is absurd. some people arent necessarily being bigotted , therer can be a million different explanations....they could be just dumb or stupid or poorly educated, they may be insane, they could be high on cocaine, they could be mentally ill, they could be reacting to being punched etc etc and yes in some cases they may be mean as a snake bigots. Its often a lot easier for the public and organizations deal with these everyday situations themselves. instead of a police officer arresting someone for saying something ignorant say in a school or college, let the head master/mistress or the principals take care of it, if a person at work is bullying let the bosses take care of it, if a comedian is being obnoxious dont buy a ticket boycott the show..etc etc

but over legislating always means innocent people get caught in the web
Old 20-04-2017, 11:13 PM #41
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That is twisted beyond belief. If certain people are going to try to label me because they don't like my opinions they can't then expect me to hold back when I don't like theirs. I never start it.

It isn't me that wants it all their way. You really don't seem to know half of what's occured so until you do it's probably best you refrain from giving your not so well informed opinion.
Kinda missed the point again though didnt you.

You are not fighting for freedom of speech regardless of how much you think you are, as you are actively trying to surpress others' speech

You are not against Political correctness, because you are incredibky PC on some topics.

You want PC when it suits you, you want freedom of speech when it suits you, as does the woman in this video. Its senseless, contradictory, and hypocritical.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:14 PM #42
User banned

User banned

Quote:

You are not fighting for freedom of speech regardless of how much you think you are, as you are actively trying to surpress others' speech

You are not against Political correctness, because you are incredibky PC on some topics.

You want PC when it suits you, you want freedom of speech when it suits you, as does the woman in this video. Its senseless, contradictory, and hypocritical.
No hes not youre misrepresenting him yet again
Old 20-04-2017, 11:15 PM #43
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
No hes not youre misrepresenting him yet again
Shes not even a bloke, what were you saying about misrepresentation?
Old 20-04-2017, 11:21 PM #44
User banned

User banned

Quote:

Honestly I can't be bothered as I don't think you know what you're talking about. Either that or you have been reading up on spin.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:28 PM #45
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Honestly I can't be bothered as I don't think you know what you're talking about. Either that or you have been reading up on spin.
You are completely PC when it comes to feminist issues for example. You are completely against freedom of speech when it comes to the left calling the right names for example

Yet you come in to the thread claiming PC is bad and freedom of speech is good

Your argument does not make sense. You have fought for both sides of both topics and claimed that you only feel one way. You don't feel consistently one way, you're very in the middle like most people.

I have no idea if you're just being stubborn or if you genuinely dont understand how contradictory youre being.

Last edited by Withano; 20-04-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 11:30 PM #46
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Shes not even a bloke, what were you saying about misrepresentation?
the gender is irrelevant to me, sadly it isnt to you
Old 20-04-2017, 11:31 PM #47
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
the gender is irrelevant to me, sadly it isnt to you
Tell that to your 100+ anti-feminist threads, sis.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:31 PM #48
User banned

User banned

Quote:
You are completely PC when it comes to feminist issues for example. You are completely against freedom of speech when it comes to the left calling the right names for example

Yet you come in to the thread claiming PC is bad and freedom of speech is good

Your argument does not make sense. You have thought for both sides of both topics and claimed that you only feel one way. You don't feel consistently one way, you're very in the middle like most people.

I have no idea if you're just being stubborn or if you genuinely dont understand how contradictory youre being.
youre being contradictory, its the left who always play the race , sexist card from the bottom of the deck in order to try and shut down all debate
Old 20-04-2017, 11:33 PM #49
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
youre being contradictory, its the left who always play the race , sexist card from the bottom of the deck in order to try and shut down all debate
But even if that was true, as a person that loves freedom of speech as much as you do, you should be okay with this. But you're not, clearly. So stop pretending youre all for freedom of speech lol. Youre more against it than any other person on this thread pretty much.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:34 PM #50
User banned

User banned

Quote:
But even if that was true, as a person that loves freedom of speech as much as you do, you should be okay with this. But you're not, clearly. So stop pretending youre all for freedom of speech lol. Youre more against it than any other person on this thread pretty much.
lol Youre lying again

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
beginning, correctness, end, political