Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 28-05-2008, 10:17 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Oh just adding my penny on teenage pregnancy because I didn't before. I don't think a 16 year old is the most capable of raising a child but if they have their family behind them and the baby has two parents, or a role model of each sex then I see no problem with it. There is a certain stigma attached to it but some people have babies at young ages for more reasons than benefits. A friend of mine is 18 and is pregnant at the minute. Her reason? There is some condition in her family that means as they get older they become less and less fertile. But I do hold the belief that younger parents (ie 25 and under) aren't exactly ideal because of them getting their education and careers on track and personally I won't choose to have any until at least 25 but if the child is loved and well looked after then where is the problem?

The under lying thing is that they have chosen to have the baby. The option is there to get rid of it, and even if it goes against their religion and they felt that strongly I think they would go through with an abortion if they felt that strongly about it.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 10:47 PM #27
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Whatever you don't have to agree with me but I think that anyone under the age of 19 is not prepared for a child, they cannot possibly have a right understanding of the world, they're still growing. You can say what you like but I will never agree with teenge pregnancy. I know three couples whp had a baby while they were teens and all six of them wished they had waited.
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 11:02 PM #28

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

Conorz, I agree with everything you have typed.

I say if teenagers are ready for having a child, then they should. I know a 16 year old who had a baby and she would do anything for her child, she was ready. She works 24/7 and she has lots of support with her family.

I completely agree on the media and homophobic people.

I hate when people say "Your Gay" as an insult, its not an insult and even if you are, its your life and not theirs.

Britney has been through a lot and I hate the way the media are making it worse for her. I love it how she's getting better. She's not on newspapers anymore(which is a good thing), she has done nothing rebelious so I think the journalists have run out of stuff to write.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 11:07 PM #29

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**

I say if teenagers are ready for having a child, then they should. I know a 16 year old who had a baby and she would do anything for her child, she was ready. She works 24/7 and she has lots of support with her family.

I hate when people say "Your Gay" as an insult, its not an insult and even if you are, its your life and not theirs.

Britney has been through a lot and I hate the way the media are making it worse for her. I love it how she's getting better. She's not on newspapers anymore(which is a good thing), she has done nothing rebelious so I think the journalists have run out of stuff to write.

Its like we share a mind.
Conzors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 11:09 PM #30

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Conzors
Quote:
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**

Its like we share a mind.
Lol
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 11:17 PM #31

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazbo
Whatever you don't have to agree with me but I think that anyone under the age of 19 is not prepared for a child, they cannot possibly have a right understanding of the world, they're still growing. You can say what you like but I will never agree with teenge pregnancy. I know three couples whp had a baby while they were teens and all six of them wished they had waited.
Wow, a full 3 couples who had a kid in their teens? That's an impressive representation.

And you got that right, and I never will agree, especially as I've just stated how wrong your statement is considering my mum did an amazing job at 17.

And why 19? Some 30 year olds have none or little life experience and 'knowledge of the world' [what that has to do with loving and caring for a child I don't know, but whatever] whereas some teens have a lot of life experience, so to generalise all teens as 'incapable parents' is pretty daft, when evidently it's not true.

I don't care if you disagree, however I don't know how you can 'disagree' with cold, hard facts! MY MUM WAS A TEENAGE MUM AND DID AN AMAZING JOB! What more is there to know? It's down to the individual person. not necesarily their age.
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 11:24 PM #32
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
Quote:
Wow, a full 3 couples who had a kid in their teens? That's an impressive representation.

And you got that right, and I never will agree, especially as I've just stated how wrong your statement is considering my mum did an amazing job at 17.

And why 19? Some 30 year olds have none or little life experience and 'knowledge of the world' [what that has to do with loving and caring for a child I don't know, but whatever] whereas some teens have a lot of life experience, so to generalise all teens as 'incapable parents' is pretty daft, when evidently it's not true.

I don't care if you disagree, however I don't know how you can 'disagree' with cold, hard facts! MY MUM WAS A TEENAGE MUM AND DID AN AMAZING JOB! What more is there to know? It's down to the individual person. not necesarily their age.
Please direct me to where I said incapable parents. I didn't ask you whether you cared or not because I wasn't even addressing you. I understand it's a subject your passionate about but I don't care, it's how I think and I don't intend to change my opinion. OK we get your mum was great, whatever, I'm sure she was but at the end of of the day I don't believe that a person that young can offer a child what it deserves the MAJORITY of the time.
Old 28-05-2008, 11:26 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Please direct me to where I said incapable parents. I didn't ask you whether you cared or not because I wasn't even addressing you. I understand it's a subject your passionate about but I don't care, it's how I think and I don't intend to change my opinion. OK we get your mum was great, whatever, I'm sure she was but at the end of of the day I don't believe that a person that young can offer a child what it deserves the MAJORITY of the time.
Harsh Doode.

Lmao.
Old 28-05-2008, 11:28 PM #34

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, what can a 21 year old with no qualifications or no prospects offer a child that a 16 year old with no qualifications or prospects can't?
Old 28-05-2008, 11:32 PM #35
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, what can a 21 year old with no qualifications or no prospects offer a child that a 16 year old with no qualifications or prospects can't?
The life experience of hopefully completing their school life, perhaps even having a steady job, in a high up position.
Old 28-05-2008, 11:34 PM #36
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Harsh Doode.

Lmao.
Not harsh honest, I simply expressed my opinion.
Old 28-05-2008, 11:41 PM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The life experience of hopefully completing their school life, perhaps even having a steady job, in a high up position.
Did you miss the part where I said 'no qualifications' or 'no prospects' which to me implies not finishing school and not having a good job.

Because according to you, it's all about the age. People over 19 in the same situation as those under 19 would somehow cope so much better, and being over 19, as apose to 18, they'd be able to care and love the baby a lot more. I just can't understand the logic, but hey, I'm just expressing my opinion.
Old 28-05-2008, 11:49 PM #38
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did you miss the part where I said 'no qualifications' or 'no prospects' which to me implies not finishing school and not having a good job.

Because according to you, it's all about the age. People over 19 in the same situation as those under 19 would somehow cope so much better, and being over 19, as apose to 18, they'd be able to care and love the baby a lot more. I just can't understand the logic, but hey, I'm just expressing my opinion.
I don't believe in someone with no prospects, everyone has some prospects it's amatter of following them or not. A person at age 21 is much more lilely to be given a chance at another go at life than a 16 year old is. Look I'm tired, if you wish to debate this further I suggest we do so tomorrow if your interested. Goodnight!
Old 28-05-2008, 11:52 PM #39

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't believe in someone with no prospects, everyone has some prospects it's amatter of following them or not. A person at age 21 is much more lilely to be given a chance at another go at life than a 16 year old is. Look I'm tired, if you wish to debate this further I suggest we do so tomorrow if your interested. Goodnight!
It's alright, the fact you've avoided the question answers my question.

Night.
Old 28-05-2008, 11:53 PM #40

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle

I agree with you on homophobia. Alot of people on my school are very homophobic, the other day me and some mates were talking about this topic and they were saying that if they found out their child was gay then they wouldnt be able to accept it and they would chuck them out etc..
Personally i dont mind if someone that i know is a bisexual, gay/lesbian, its their lives and it dosent make them a different person. I think homophoci people should back of and leave people alone. xx
Christina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 12:14 AM #41
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's alright, the fact you've avoided the question answers my question.

Night.
There was no question to answer.
Old 29-05-2008, 10:01 AM #42

I partly agree with the youth thing. However, there are a lot of kids these days, who are violent thugs, who intimidate older people and those of the same age and are generally seen with hoodies - it's not just that, it's the image, that chav steretype. Which is a shame, because just as many kids, live normal drug free lives, without stabbing people, but because they want to wear hoodies and dress how they want to they are seen as just as bad. It's a shame that some idiots make the youth stereotyped as violent.

As far as the teen pregnancies, I completely disagree. I think people should be able to have sex whenever they want, but to bring in a new life into this world at a young age is unfair. The teen parents may be loving perfect parents, but I think the enviroment they are rbrought up in just won't be the best for the baby - not to mention the impact it will have on the parents lives. But I understand that some babies are accidents, and it may be better to bring a baby up in this world than kill it, and as long as it is in a loving eviroment it could be okay - it's a very difficult subject.

Completely agree with homophobia. It's disgusting - there's no excuse for it. Often older people are more homophobic than young people -- but it's the lifestyle and teachings they were taught when they were growing up. I think homophobia is ignorance - it's just as bad as racism. People are homophobic because they just don't understand that someone can love someone of the same gender.

As for the media, I think there's no smoke without fire. There's only so much editing that one can do, and newspapers can very rarely sell stories about someone that isn't true, especially in interviews. I think some celebrities are victims of the media, but many bring it on themselves. IF a celebrity records a sex tape, then that's their own fault, if it gets leaked and makes them look like a slut, then they have themselves to blame. But in some cases, like leaked nude photos, and shocking stories from people's past that get leaked, you can't help - so the media can be very controlling, and people should be allowed to take their own naked photos, but should know the concequences of getting famous, that things like this will happen.
Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 11:56 AM #43

Favourites:

Favourites:

I agree witrh you 100% on your first opinion ,the elderly can be so damn ignorant and im not afraid to say it
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 04:38 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Ooo.

Sorry if i offended anyone..

Especially Gazbo Lol.
Old 29-05-2008, 04:47 PM #45

Quote:

Firstly, thanks for calling my mum stupid.

I've not been brought up my by 'stupid' mum to make absolutely ridiculous comments like the comment you've just made.
obviously you read my comment wrong.
i said anyone under the age of 18 who Wants to have a child is stupid.thats my opinion.
KKBL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 06:06 PM #46

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by KKBL
Quote:

I've not been brought up my by 'stupid' mum to make absolutely ridiculous comments like the comment you've just made.
i said anyone under the age of 18 who Wants to have a child is stupid.thats my opinion.
No I didn't, because obviously once my mum realised she was pregnant, she WANTED to keep me, otherwise she'd have had an abortion.

She was under 18 and wanted a baby, so according to you she's stupid.
Old 29-05-2008, 06:10 PM #47
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Quote:
Ooo.

Sorry if i offended anyone..

Especially Gazbo Lol.
No you didn't offend me mate!
Old 29-05-2008, 06:47 PM #48

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by KKBL
Quote:

No I didn't, because obviously once my mum realised she was pregnant, she WANTED to keep me, otherwise she'd have had an abortion.

She was under 18 and wanted a baby, so according to you she's stupid.
well what i meant was...
anyone under the age of 18(and is not already pregnant)who wants a baby is stupid.if your mom planned on having a baby before she was pregnent when she was 18 then i think at the time she was stupid.
KKBL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 06:56 PM #49

The trouble with the UK today is kids having kids.

Right, that covers "youth" and "teenage pregnancies"

"At 14 I had a lot of knowledge and understanding of the world." No, you thought you had a lot of knowledge and understanding of the world. At 17 you still have a lot to learn. Trust me. Ah, the impetuousness of youth.

Homophobes are sad people. But that is a different thing to not agreeing with homosexuality. Someone morally may not agree with homosexuality but accept that is the way you are and treat you no different.
Nurse57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 09:09 PM #50
Z

Z

I'm in two minds regarding teenage pregnancies, because a girl I went to primary school with is due to give birth in October, which I find sad because I think she's limited herself now, but at the same time, I think it's a very sweeping generalisation to say that anybody under the age of 20 couldn't raise a child. Taking accidental pregnancies out of the equation, I think that most teenagers who choose to keep their children are keeping them because they want to keep the child, i.e. they will love the child; which I think is the most important thing, really. Just because somebody is 16 years old, doesn't mean they can't be a good mother or father, people argue that "they're still children themselves" but if they're mature enough to make a decision to keep a child, I think that's the sign of a responsible adult. I know there are many exceptions to this, but the media likes to highlight examples of bad teenage parents because it's shocking and interesting, and I think that should be remembered.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
conzors, lmao, opinions, stuff