Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-01-2011, 06:31 AM #1

His Own Lawyers said keep him in Jail
while waiting for the next court date.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 12:04 PM #2
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Latest on the case on Crimewatch tonight
Old 26-01-2011, 03:03 PM #3

suspect in Jo Yeates murder case

Wednesday, January 26th, 2011

A leading criminologist has questioned why the landlord of Jo Yeates stills remains a suspect in her murder.

Criminologist questions why is Chris Jefferies is still Jo Yeates murder suspect

Eccentric Chris Jefferies, 66, was arrested on suspicion of murdering the 25-year-old on December 30 at the Canynge Road, Clifton, Bristol, where the two both lived.

Police obtained two extensions to keep Mr Jefferies detained for the maximum time limit but released him early on police bail, without charge, on January 1.

Dutch engineer Vincent Tabak, 32, was then arrested and charged with Jo’s murder.

But despite Tabak’s charge, Mr Jefferies has not had his police bail cancelled and is therefore still a suspect, police confirmed today.

David Wilson, professor of criminology and criminal justice at Birmingham City University, said it would be normal practice to release other suspects from bail following a charge.

Professor Wilson, who has researched many murderers including serial killer Fred West, Soham murderer Ian Huntley, and Suffolk strangler Steven Wright, said: ”I’ve not heard that the landlord Chris Jefferies has had his bail cancelled, which could be seen as significant.

”Now that they’ve charged Vincent Tabak it would make sense for police to cancel Mr Jefferies’ bail – that would be normal procedure.

”I’d expect the police to act quickly to end any misunderstanding in relation to Mr Jefferies not being released from bail.”

After Tabak was charged on Saturday evening Inspector David Horwood, from Avon and Somerset police, said: ”We’re now considering the impact of the charge on other aspects of the investigation.”

A force spokesman confirmed Mr Jefferies was still on bail but refused to comment further.

What do you make of this.
marney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 03:40 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Perhaps Tabak has somehow implicated Jefferies when he was questioned - who knows? I remember at one time the theory was mooted that it was a two person crime, perhaps there are discrepancies in the testimonies of the two men. Clearly not all the evidence the police have has been made public.
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 10:54 PM #5

Have you seen postings on other sites and twitter, from people apparently trying to prove the two suspects innocent and claim that VT has an alibi for the night of the 17th, a rock solid witness, Hm. Also evidence the police have is scant. How do they know? The style and content looks very much like someone who posts regularly on this site, but has not for a couple of nights. I could be wrong.

They won't let this one go without a fight.

People of the same ilk as the mutter/s who murdered Jo are hell bent on defending the suspects, intent on muddying the waters and rubbishing police evidence. I hope the police are able to get through this one with enough evidence if they don't there will be no stopping these particular types of crimes.
Old 26-01-2011, 11:23 PM #6
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by marney View Post
The style and content looks very much like someone who posts regularly on this site, but has not for a couple of nights. I could be wrong.
Why change the habit of a lifetime, you were wrong on pretty much every thing you put forward so far.

Quote:

People of the same ilk as the mutter/s who murdered Jo are hell bent on defending the suspects, intent on muddying the waters and rubbishing police evidence. I hope the police are able to get through this one with enough evidence if they don't there will be no stopping these particular types of crimes.
You ever think they may be telling the truth? While not defending them or anyone else, I think you are being a tad harsh branding them as being of the same ilk as the murderer(s).

While it is possible they are simply intent on causing trouble for the investigation, they may also be defending the suspects out of a misguided sense of loyalty, or if they are actually giving an alibi they may be confused as to the dates they are alibiing for.

Last edited by Shasown; 26-01-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 12:29 AM #7
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Have you seen postings on other sites and twitter, from people apparently trying to prove the two suspects innocent and claim that VT has an alibi for the night of the 17th, a rock solid witness, Hm. Also evidence the police have is scant. How do they know? The style and content looks very much like someone who posts regularly on this site, but has not for a couple of nights. I could be wrong.

Highly probable that you could be wrong. You have been and with stark regularity up to now so I'd say it was a safe bet that you are wrong!

People of the same ilk as the mutter who murdered Jo are hell bent on defending the suspects? Ahh....... you mean in direct contrast to the way people like you want to hang, draw and quarter anyone (and everyone) that the police take more than a 2nd glance at - without you having been made aware of any hard fast and concrete evidence - happy to label them killers at the drop of a hat!

I'll say it again: we live in a land of innocent until proven guilty - and that applies even to those charges with crimes. Charges can be dropped. Here's something to really blow your mind - it also can apply to those convicted - ever heard of Miscarriage of Justice?

Last edited by Pyramid*; 27-01-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 11:31 AM #8

I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. The poor man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison .I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. The poor man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison .
The above should be taken out
out of Pyramids post he did not post this comment
This has got intertwined with mine my post sorry.
Old 28-01-2011, 11:33 AM #9
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. The poor man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison .I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. The poor man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison .
The above should be taken out
out of Pyramids post he did not post this comment
This has got intertwined with mine my post sorry.
If you read back through the various posts, you will see he is in a Cat B prison not Cat A, as I have pointed out to you several times.
Old 28-01-2011, 05:58 PM #10
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
If you read back through the various posts, you will see he is in a Cat B prison not Cat A, as I have pointed out to you several times.

*Builds another brick wall and offers bandages for head*

The other wall has become damaged beyond repair, having had to be used with alarming frequency.
Old 28-01-2011, 11:39 AM #11

Long Lartin (HM Prison) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HM Prison Long Lartin is a Category A men's prison, located in the village of South Littleton (near Evesham) in Worcestershire, England. Long Lartin Prison

...Dutch-born Vincent Tabak is being monitored around the clock at Long Lartin jail, where he is on remand. Top security ... Tabak has been moved to Long ...
The Sun - 623 related articles
Old 28-01-2011, 02:51 PM #12
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
HM Prison Long Lartin is a Category A men's prison, located in the village of South Littleton (near Evesham) in Worcestershire, England. Long Lartin Prison

...Dutch-born Vincent Tabak is being monitored around the clock at Long Lartin jail, where he is on remand. Top security ... Tabak has been moved to Long ...
The Sun - 623 related articles
Yes marney I told you about Long Larton being a Cat A prison or has your short term memory disappeared?

How about this one then from The Sun:

Quote:
THE man accused of murdering Jo Yeates was moved to a different prison yesterday amid fears for his safety.
Vincent Tabak had spent less than 24 hours in jail in Bristol before the 30-mile switch to Gloucester.
Funny that eh?

Dont believe me?

Try this link then, read it all,

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ack-fears.html

It doesnt mention Long Larton, now why is that?

Could the Sun have possibly made a mistake mentioning it?

Terry's (condescending) Tip of the Day: Always check your info from more than one source

Last edited by Shasown; 28-01-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 28-01-2011, 08:16 PM #13

Evesham Journal

Pershore News
Jo Yeates murder accused on suicide watch at Long Lartin
Have they got it wrong to.
11:02am Thursday 27th January 2011

You two seem to be the only two dominating this site NEVER MIND GOOD LUCK.
Old 28-01-2011, 11:17 PM #14
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:

Evesham Journal

Pershore News
Jo Yeates murder accused on suicide watch at Long Lartin
Have they got it wrong to.
11:02am Thursday 27th January 2011

You two seem to be the only two dominating this site NEVER MIND GOOD LUCK.
The short answer is YES they got it wrong too.

The reason for that(the long answer) if you read the whole article you will see this:

Quote:
THE man charged with the murder of Jo Yeates is believed to have been placed on suicide watch at Long Lartin Prison, near Evesham.

A national newspaper reported that Dutch-born Vincent Tabak was being monitored around the clock at the Category A prison, in South Littleton, where it thought he is currently on remand.
http://www.eveshamjournal.co.uk/news...t_Long_Lartin/
You see some newspapers draw their feed(what they use to fill up on as news they dont report themselves) from other newspapers and the TV.

To further wipe your nose in it. The same source was used for this article

http://www.cotswoldjournal.co.uk/new...t_Long_Lartin/

Given that all three local newspapers(Evesham Journal, Pershore News and Cotswold Journal) are run from the same head office, as well as the Evesham News, Vale of Evesham News and the Broadway News.

I should imagine they simply use the same feeds and sources in the case of national news. Its a common policy to save money on local rags. It saves having 5 or 6 teams of investigative reporters.

Incidentally if you go back and look at the time and date the Sun article was published, and then the same for the article claiming he was being held in Long Larton it would show the Sun undermines its own article about Long Larton.

He was charged by police and held overnight in police custody, he appeared in the local magistrates court where he was then remanded in custody until 31 Jan, he was taken to Bristol initially, then transferred to Gloucester, the transfer to Gloucester being carried out at the same time as his second court appearance where bail was discussed.

DYLAC

Last edited by Shasown; 28-01-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 30-01-2011, 08:40 AM #15

Will Tabak be actually asked tomorrow: "How do you plead"?

If he says "Guilty, m'lud", what exactly happens?

If he says "Not Guilty, m'lud", what exactly happens?

Mifletz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 07:11 PM #16
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifletz View Post
Will Tabak be actually asked tomorrow: "How do you plead"?

If he says "Guilty, m'lud", what exactly happens?

If he says "Not Guilty, m'lud", what exactly happens?
Yeah he will be informed of the actual charge he is accused of, whether its murder or manslaughter and asked how he pleads to the accusation. If he pleads not guilty the judge will set a date for trial, if both the defence and prosection lawyers agree that their cases can be prepared by then.

If he pleads guilty the judge will remand him into custody to await sentencing, and order both defence and prosecution to prepare statements.

Both the defence and prosecution teams will prepare statements for the judge to listen to in order to determine the sentence.

A statement of mitigation for the defence would explain why he committed the crime, the fact he is of otherwise good character etc, realises what he is done and is remorseful etc.

The prosecution generally makes a statement indicating what they and the police believe occurred and also play up the crime and how the person deserves to receive the maximum sentence etc. Though occassionally the CPS have asked for lesser sentences depending upon the motivation for the crime, the circumstances of the actual crime and co operation of the person.
Old 30-01-2011, 09:03 AM #17

If he was held at Bristol then Gloucester as a B category prisoner at what point and why did they did consider him to be A category. Makes you wonder if he or his Lawyers are going to fight this case.
Old 30-01-2011, 06:54 PM #18

I'm here on this thread for sensible and mature discussion. Really

Started to degrade mifletz postings now have we.
After all, a 6'4" man, pulling a dead body along in a sledge is the most normal looking thing to see in Bristol, looks completely inconspicious. You sure you're not related to Marney!! I have my suspicions!

No I do mean consistent, can you read a thesaurus, I thought you are supposed to be clever.

Glad you find my post entertaining
Old 30-01-2011, 07:24 PM #19
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
I'm here on this thread for sensible and mature discussion. Really

Started to degrade mifletz postings now have we.
After all, a 6'4" man, pulling a dead body along in a sledge is the most normal looking thing to see in Bristol, looks completely inconspicious. You sure you're not related to Marney!! I have my suspicions!

No I do mean consistent, can you read a thesaurus, I thought you are supposed to be clever.

Glad you find my post entertaining
Suggesting a theory that a body was dragged along Bristol on a sleigh (as Mifletz did) and my subsequent suggestion that maybe VT hired huskies for the job - is not degrading - it is exactly what it is: showing how ludicrious a suggestion I personally found it to be. I'm allowed to do that, it's my opinion.

Given some of your very own ludicrious posts, yes, I felt there was a meeting of minds between you and Mifletz - hardly an unusual phenomenon - people who share the same ideas. It's not a rare concept.

Glad you confirmed that I am consistent. Unlike your good self, who manages to offer up contradictions - (ie: the use of big grin smilies whilst commenting on a serious issue) - and when asked why - you fly off the handle, and rather than stop and think, "what would make them think that" and go back to review what you posted. I'll hazard a guess that you fail to do that as you may be too absorbed in trying to throw insults around to people.

So... now that we have all of that out of the way - I will reiterate what I said in my last reply to you Marney. Feel free to continue with your own brand of low grade sarcasm, and I'll be more than happy to joust with you - but puhhhlllleeezzzee.... stop with the pathetic whining - you came in with the tacky boots, don't blame me if the soles aren't thick enough to last the journey.

p.s. Chris Jefferies is innocent.
Old 30-01-2011, 08:44 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post

Given some of your very own ludicrious posts, yes, I felt there was a meeting of minds between you and Mifletz - hardly an unusual phenomenon - people who share the same ideas. It's not a rare concept.

WHAT HAS MIFLETZ DONE TO DESERVE THOSE COMMENTS

Glad you confirmed that I am consistent.

YES RELIABLE IN YOUR DEGRADING OF PEOPLES COMMENTS.

ps. Chris Jefferies is innocent.
Have YOU inside information on that
Old 30-01-2011, 09:25 PM #21
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
WHAT HAS MIFLETZ DONE TO DESERVE THOSE COMMENTS
You know, you're right. (even with your messed up quote again!!) Mifletz didn't deserve to be likened to you, it was extremely good of you to acknowledge that one yourself.

Quote:
Have YOU inside information on that
CJ is innocent. Yes I have inside information.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 30-01-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 30-01-2011, 11:05 PM #22

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid* View Post
you know, you're right. (even with your messed up quote again!!) mifletz didn't deserve to be likened to you, it was extremely good of you to acknowledge that one yourself.

Why post it in the first place then, you should really stop and think before you send out comments like that if you dont believe them to be accurate after all you are always slagging off others.

Quote:
cj is innocent. Yes i have inside information.
I thought you did.
Old 31-01-2011, 06:40 PM #23

If he's innocent, to have to kick his heels in an English jail all those nine precious months until October, just to get to the start of the trial, must be a taste of Hell!

I know that other countries are even worse, but a nine month wait in jail for a trial is an inhuman insult.

Even if justice isn't served, all trials should be required to start within 2 months of being charged.

Last edited by Mifletz; 31-01-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Mifletz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:02 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifletz View Post
If he's innocent, to have to kick his heels in an English jail all those nine precious months until October, just to get to the start of the trial, must be a taste of Hell!

I know that other countries are even worse, but a nine month wait in jail for a trial is an inhuman insult.

Even if justice isn't served, all trials should be required to start within 2 months of being charged.
My slightly cheeky guess here is that the prosecution needs that amount of time to get a convincing case together.
CarriKP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarriKP View Post
My slightly cheeky guess here is that the prosecution needs that amount of time to get a convincing case together.
And as the date even then is 'provisional' it may never happen at all - perhaps?
CarriKP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
death, joanna, murder