Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-10-2014, 03:36 PM #51
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li
Wanderer

Favourites (more):

Just want to throw it out there that Tyson didn't rape that hoe, as pointed out earlier in the thread. The fact he served jail time, had to pay her money and the fact it ruined him mentally in his boxing career makes her just as disgusting as a rapist. He's still banned from entering the UK... Lol...

This is also why rape is such an eggshell subject tbh. Whilst it's terrible when it actually happens, there are so many sick, disgusting people out there (both men and women) who enjoy lying about it, whether it's dreaming up a fake past situation and convincing people it happened for the attention, or falsely accusing someone of raping them for £, or the lols. They are as bad as rapists.
Creggle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 03:39 PM #52
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creggle View Post
Just want to throw it out there that Tyson didn't rape that hoe, as pointed out earlier in the thread. The fact he served jail time, had to pay her money and the fact it ruined him mentally in his boxing career makes her just as disgusting as a rapist. He's still banned from entering the UK... Lol...

This is also why rape is such an eggshell subject tbh. Whilst it's terrible when it actually happens, there are so many sick, disgusting people out there (both men and women) who enjoy lying about it, whether it's dreaming up a fake past situation and convincing people it happened for the attention, or falsely accusing someone of raping them for £, or the lols. They are as bad as rapists.
How can you say that with absolute certainty about Mike Tyson? He was convicted of it, they must have had good reason for finding him guilty. Is it because you like Mike Tyson?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 03:47 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
How can you say that with absolute certainty about Mike Tyson? He was convicted of it, they must have had good reason for finding him guilty. Is it because you like Mike Tyson?
He's being sarcastic. No one could be that dumb. (i hope)

Last edited by lostalex; 14-10-2014 at 03:49 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 03:51 PM #54
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
Wanderer

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She has a history of false rape accusations and just so happened to get a ton of money off of it. She ruined his life and his reputation for a payout. Me liking him doesn't effect my opinion on it, people are wrongly convicted all the time, i'd say it's more likely she wanted an easy payout than Tyson risking raping someone. Why on earth would you go to somebodies hotel room at 3am in the morning? Look at his stamp collection? LOL.

I bet half way through she was thinking to herself, 'Gotcha.'

If you put all the facts together there's alot more point at her guilt than his, but because rape is such an awful crime it's almost as if the accusation of something so serious just overrides any sort of logic. Just incase he 'did'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
He's being sarcastic. No one could be that dumb. (i hope)
I'm sure you have some lovely strong points as to why my opinions are dumb. Of course, it's not that you're naive or anything...

Last edited by Creggle; 14-10-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 14-10-2014, 03:59 PM #55

Quote:

I'm sure you have some lovely strong points as to why my opinions are dumb. Of course, it's not that you're naive or anything...
Besides that fact that it's well documented with plenty of forensic evidence and it has been confirmed by many of his other exes that he is a violent abusive rapist, oh yea, and the fact that he BIT A MAN'S EAR OFF ON LIVE TELEVISION.

but like i said, i know you are being sarcastic.

now tell me what you think about O.J.

Last edited by lostalex; 14-10-2014 at 04:01 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 04:01 PM #56
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She has a history of false rape accusations and just so happened to get a ton of money off of it. She ruined his life and his reputation for a payout. Me liking him doesn't effect my opinion on it, people are wrongly convicted all the time, i'd say it's more likely she wanted an easy payout than Tyson risking raping someone. Why on earth would you go to somebodies hotel room at 3am in the morning? Look at his stamp collection? LOL.

I bet half way through she was thinking to herself, 'Gotcha.'

If you put all the facts together there's alot more point at her guilt than his, but because rape is such an awful crime it's almost as if the accusation of something so serious just overrides any sort of logic. Just incase he 'did'.
His defense claimed that she had accused one person of rape before and her lawyer denied that was true. There wasn't a history of false accusations at all

Also agreeing to go to someones room doesn't mean you can't change your mind and it isn't evidence that you agreed to have sex. To add to that Mike Tyson does have a history of violence towards women which he's actually admitted to himself

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 14-10-2014, 04:07 PM #57

Quote:
What Judy is saying is what she's saying. What I'm saying is, don't get so drunk you might get raped. There are bad people out there so take some responsibility.
I agree. It's not excusing the rapist's disgusting actions, it's being responsible for your own safety.

The same as when you're asked to not leave your own belongings unattended in an airport or something. It doesn't mean that it's the victims fault that the criminal has committed a crime, but leaving your bags unattended is making it too easy for that criminal to act.

Last edited by Marsh.; 14-10-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 04:14 PM #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Hmm, someone who is drunk is a vulnerable person, similar to a child or an old or sick person. The fact that the vulnerability was self inflicted by getting drunk is irrelevant. The weak and vulnerable should be able to live without fear of being attacked, full stop. If someone takes advantage of a vulnerable person, whatever they do, there should be a corresponding punishment. Its crystal clear in my opinion.
But in a similar vein, a responsible adult should know to take care of themselves and not leave themselves in such a vulnerable position.

The same way an adult would not leave a child in a vulnerable situation to be kidnapped. That's not to say it's their fault a kidnapper acts, but there are precautions to be taken to try and ensure danger does not strike. That's just common sense IMO.

Leaving yourself so drunk you're alone, vulnerable, have no control over your body or mind then you are leaving yourself open to a multitude of dangers not just rape.

Last edited by Marsh.; 14-10-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 14-10-2014, 04:18 PM #59
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
Wanderer

Favourites (more):

Quote:
His defense claimed that she had accused one person of rape before and her lawyer denied that was true. There wasn't a history of false accusations at all

Also agreeing to go to someones room doesn't mean you can't change your mind and it isn't evidence that you agreed to have sex. To add to that Mike Tyson does have a history of violence towards women which he's actually admitted to himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlRawW--T24

Well, you can happily have sex with somebody and then say they raped you after and that's all the evidence you'd need. Just because he has a history of violence doesn't mean he is a rapist. Women like her are the predators. She sat through the entire trial and everything that came before and after (lots of TV show deals surprise surprise) with a creepy sadistic grin on her face, she never once gave any signs she's been through something as traumatic as rape. Even on the phone to 911 she was like 'errr, yeah i've kinda been like raped' 'do you know the person?' 'well he's like, kinda famous ' Also, Tyson's jaw dropping honesty about pretty much everything he talks about gives the impression he'd happilly admit to doing it if he did at this point, yet to this day he says that he's outraged at the fact he'll go down in history as a rapist because of her, and rightly so.

It would seem like people don't wish to ever look at a man's innocence when it comes to rape, as they fear it could come across as condoning it. (general statement btw)
Old 14-10-2014, 04:31 PM #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
I agree. It's not excusing the rapist's disgusting actions, it's being responsible for your own safety.

The same as when you're asked to not leave your own belongings unattended in an airport or something. It doesn't mean that it's the victims fault that the criminal has committed a crime, but leaving your bags unattended is making it too easy for that criminal to act.
but there is a double standard, when a guy is raped by another guy, no one says "well men shouldn't drink too much. men should be more careful to not drink so much" and you know that's true. I've never heard anyone try to blame a str8 man for getting drunk and getting raped. the media doesn't even like to report male rapes, which also says a lot, because there is also something in our society that men LIKE to hear about women getting raped, it fits into the narrative that women are weak and victims, and that men are powerful and sexual beasts.
Old 14-10-2014, 04:33 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
but there is a double standard, when a guy is raped by another guy, no one says "well men shouldn't drink too much. men should be more careful to not drink so much" and you know that's true. I've never heard anyone try to blame a str8 man for getting drunk and getting raped. the media doesn't even like to report male rapes, which also says a lot, because there is also something in our society that men LIKE to hear about women getting raped, it fits into the narrative that women are weak and victims, and that men are powerful and sexual beasts.
Well, yes, you have a point, which is separate to the point I was making.

I wasn't referring to women but to everyone using their common sense and taking responsibility for themselves.
Old 14-10-2014, 04:33 PM #62
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Generally speaking one would think that a car is a little less liable to think "hang on, let's not rape and batter this girl" than a man should be...
I dunno man, I heard this Volvo saying some pretty dark **** the other night when I was walking home
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 04:34 PM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
I dunno man, I heard this Volvo saying some pretty dark **** the other night when I was walking home
Are you one of those people who has love affairs with motor vehicles?
Old 14-10-2014, 04:45 PM #64
Z

Z

Quote:
Are you one of those people who has love affairs with motor vehicles?
You're telling me you've never looked at a Smart car and thought damn...?

On a serious note, I agree with you and Livia about rape deterrents. You're a victim regardless of the circumstances but you've got a better chance at not being a victim if you're in control of your mental faculties; getting really hammered, having sex with someone who's taking advantage of you and then being upset about it isn't the same as being stalked and brutally attacked or being assaulted by someone you know in a safe environment or any other kind of rape, in my opinion. The comparison with the leaving baggage unattended is pretty spot on.
Old 14-10-2014, 04:51 PM #65

this car is cute (i had this toy as a kid)

Old 14-10-2014, 05:11 PM #66
Z

Z

Do you think she was... forced... to apologise... against her will...?
Old 14-10-2014, 05:20 PM #67
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:

And continuing on from that... someone on this thread said, suppose it was your daughter. Well, suppose it was your son or your brother... he gets a bit pissed has sex with a girl who's also a bit pissed, next morning she decides she didn't give consent and has been raped. There is evidence of intercourse and its her word against his. It's a very contentious issue.

If a man rapes a woman (or another man for that matter) after she (or he) has made it clear that they don't want to have sex, then that's a horrible crime and he should go to jail, it would be absolutely the right thing to happen. However, Bring drink into the equation and the issue isn't quite so clear cut.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 05:27 PM #68

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quite silly having to aplogise, it was her personal opinion, on a show that is all about opinions and chat.

The question she answered to was if he should be allowed back into the football limelight. Very difficult, once someone has served their time, should they then be punished again by losing their livelihood and lifestyle.
The price of fame perhaps.

As to the rape issue, I do think it is such a muddy subject at times, I really think we should have degrees of rape..and the punishment to fit the degree.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 06:08 PM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Quite silly having to aplogise, it was her personal opinion, on a show that is all about opinions and chat.

The question she answered to was if he should be allowed back into the football limelight. Very difficult, once someone has served their time, should they then be punished again by losing their livelihood and lifestyle.

As to the rape issue, I do think it is such a muddy subject at times, I really think we should have degrees of rape..and the punishment to fit the degree.

ITV were not going to
and due to all the Front Pages with her
the Loose Women legal team would advise her to
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 06:13 PM #70

Quote:

Loose Women is more important
that dear old Judy

Last edited by arista; 14-10-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 14-10-2014, 06:25 PM #71

Quote:
Old 14-10-2014, 06:36 PM #72
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

I'm with you all the way on this one Smudgie.
Old 15-10-2014, 11:43 AM #73

Richard Madeley calls police over trolls' threats to rape daughter Chloe after wife Judy's comments about rapist footballer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3GDGmri5c

Feck Me - Calling the Police

Last edited by arista; 15-10-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 15-10-2014, 11:45 AM #74
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Richard Madeley calls police over trolls' threats to rape daughter Chloe after wife Judy's comments about rapist footballer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3GDGmri5c

Feck Me - Calling the Police

ffs all this internet troll stuff is way out of control, who'd have thought there were was so many "brave" people sitting behind their computer screens

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 15-10-2014, 11:59 AM #75
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
ffs all this internet troll stuff is way out of control, who'd have thought there were was so many "brave" people sitting behind their computer screens
LOL... I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY! But I won't.

Last edited by Livia; 15-10-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
apology, finnigan, forced, humiliating, judy