Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB8 Big Brother 8 was won by Brian Belo. Post about 2007's series here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:16 PM #51
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by SxcMegzy
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaz0
But I also have a feeling that if Charley had called Emily 'white trash' (which could be considered offensive and obviously isn't true in Emily's case anyway but IF), there wouldn't have been much said about it.

Of course not, now I'm not racist by any stretch of the imagination. But in a predominantly white multi cultural country, white people will always draw a short straw.
What are you on about?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:19 PM #52

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy21
Quote:
Originally posted by Amy

I'm not going to get into an argument about this as that's how wars are started.. but please re-read what I said .. I'm taking offence that people are making me out to be racist. When all i've actually said is "she may not have meant it" I'm NOT racist. I've said I don't agree with what Emily has done.. So i'm leaving it here before this all turns into a war.
You need to open your eyes Amy and see this is racism and it is not accepted anywhere. If you support her through this then that makes you a racist supporter. I am not getting into an argument with you just stating my opinion.
You've called me racist twice for having the opinion that she may not have meant it .. thank you very much. I've said on numerous threads that she got what she deserved.… We are ALL entitled to an opinion.. I don't complain about you using the term coloured yet that is classed as racism. you need to open YOUR eyes to what I'm really saying and that is SIMPLY she may not have meant to say it the way it was said. What she said was WRONG and I DON'T agree with it.

I'm out of this thread it's not helping anyone to go over and over something that has now been sorted.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:20 PM #53
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lance
i

That's ridiculous.

Amy was saying that she didn't think Emily meant it in an offensive way. That, in no way, makes her a supporter of racism.
It is NOT ridiculous!.

Amy should think about how serious this is and not stick up for someone as nasty as Emily and to not make excuses for her saying "Oh she didnt mean it in that". How else can you mean a racist term as n@gger???. You cant!!!!!. Thats why this is racism. Get real Amy and Lance.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:21 PM #54
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by stella
Girth explain to me why Chris Rock telling a racist joke is ok and Bernard manning not......Surely racism who ever says it? Im not prepared to accept this ***** word has double standards Im British Im in my own country and if i want to use the word i will if a black person( yes they use the word black on sky news should that be took off air) doesnt like it then its tuff sh**t
If Chris Rock tell a joke that I, as a black man, uinderstand where he is coming from. Bernard Manning is not black thus he does not have the right to stereotype. Are you aware that Chris Rock got into trouble for doing a piece that was deemed racist. so, it's possible for a black comedian to cause offence too. After all, as a man, if I started doing jokes about all women being bitches and *****s would you let me get away with it?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 PM #55

Quote:

Yes I have and I agree that a white person would be taking a risk by calling a black person a ni**er but a word should either be deemed offensive or it shouldn't. It shouldn't be okay for one person to use a certain word and not okay for another. I personally wouldn't take offence if someone called me white trash, whether they be black or white but just for the sake of it, I might provoke an outcry if a black person called me that because apparently, that's not acceptable. Oh but if I did, I'd probably be called racist anyway.
I would not be offened if someone of a different ethnic background called me "white trash". But not everyone is the same as you and me. Some people would be offended by it. So it is just better not to do it. Especially on TV. I think that "n****r" is a lot stronger than "white trash" also.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 PM #56

Quote:
Quote:
i

That's ridiculous.

Amy was saying that she didn't think Emily meant it in an offensive way. That, in no way, makes her a supporter of racism.
It is NOT ridiculous!.

Amy should think about how serious this is and not stick up for someone as nasty as Emily and to not make excuses for her saying "Oh she didnt mean it in that". How else can you mean a racist term as n@gger???. You cant!!!!!. Thats why this is racism. Get real Amy and Lance.
You clearly do not understand what I'm saying. How am I supporting her and third time you've called me racist..
Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 PM #57
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy

You've called me racist twice for having the opinion that she may not have meant it .. thank you very much. I've said on numerous threads that she got what she deserved.… We are ALL entitled to an opinion.. I don't complain about you using the term coloured yet that is classed as racism. you need to open YOUR eyes to what I'm really saying and that is SIMPLY she may not have meant to say it the way it was said. What she said was WRONG and I DON'T agree with it.

I'm out of this thread it's not helping anyone to go over and over something that has now been sorted.
Calling someone coloured isnt racism!.

And I have do have my eyes wide open and I see whats really going on and thats racism by a nasty bitch like Emily. Its you who needs to open your eyes Amy!. And Emily did mean to say it in that way. Everyone knows it except you.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:23 PM #58
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy

You clearly do not understand what I'm saying.
Yes I do understand everything that is said. Its you who doesnt.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 PM #59

Quote:
Quote:
i

That's ridiculous.

It is NOT ridiculous!.

Hey, don't really want to get involved in this but I don't think anyone in their right mind would stick up for a racist but do you really think that Emily genuinely intended that remark to be racist? Would she really have said it in front of Charley if that was the case? Don't you think the issue really is that Emily is just a stupid little girl rather than a racist?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 PM #60

Quote:
Quote:
i

That's ridiculous.

It is NOT ridiculous!.

It is ridiculous.

If black people say ******, they must be racist too. Seen as anyone who uses the word is racist. According to yourself. All these black rappers who use the word in their songs are all supporters of racism - according to what you are saying.

You're using the word in your posts, you must be racist too, Amy21.

I'm not going to reply to you after this post because you clearly don't have the ability to understand people's opinions on the matter.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 PM #61

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Amy

I disagree, here's my earlier post:

Quote:
I really don't want to start a fight, but there has been a lot of talk about the fact that simply using the word ****** is offensive no matter what the motive or context.

Yet I've seen a few people use the term "coloured" in a few different threads. This term is actually considered quite offensive as well these days. Maybe not as inflammatory as the "n" word but still considered to be inappropriate:

Quote:
The American English term (spelt as colored) had a related, but different meaning and was primarily used to refer to African Americans - except in the State of Louisiana, where it legally denoted people of mixed European and sub-Saharan African ancestry. The use of term in this way is now considered archaic and offensive in most contexts; nonetheless it remains part of the title of the NAACP, a prominent African-American organisation, and has been employed by some members of the African-American community as a legitimate ethnic/racial label when intentionally self-chosen and used in a respectful manner. "People of color" is currently used more frequently than "colored", but in the American usage, the phrase refers more generally to all people who do not describe themselves as "white", including people of Asian, Native American and African descent. In a British context "coloured" has also been used to refer to black people, although this is now regarded as an old-fashioned and somewhat offensive usage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coloured
Old 07-06-2007, 12:25 PM #62

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Amy

And I have do have my eyes wide open and I see whats really going on and thats racism by a nasty bitch like Emily. Its you who needs to open your eyes Amy!. And Emily did mean to say it in that way. Everyone knows it except you.
what for saying simply that she may well not have meant to cause all of this??? i'm defending her am i.. when I've clearly stated what she said is wrong
Old 07-06-2007, 12:25 PM #63

Quote:
Hey, don't really want to get involved in this but I don't think anyone in their right mind would stick up for a racist but do you really think that Emily genuinely intended that remark to be racist? Would she really have said it in front of Charley if that was the case? Don't you think the issue really is that Emily is just a stupid little girl rather than a racist?
EXACTLY.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:25 PM #64

This thread is getting out of hand. I don't agree with it. I hate racism in everyway. I don't care if she said it in a joking way, I don't like the word. I don't think anyone should use it.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 PM #65

Emily's motive for saying it is completely irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if the people she was talking to didn't take offence to it - people who are watching might do. It's not only the recipients of racism who can find it offensive.

Do I think Emily is racist? No I don't. But you can't go around using that as an excuse.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:28 PM #66

Aren't we going off topic here guys?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:29 PM #67
Banned

Banned

Quote:
It is ridiculous.

If black people say ni**er, they must be racist too. Seen as anyone who uses the word is racist. According to yourself. All these black rappers who use the word in their songs are all supporters of racism - according to what you are saying.

You're using the word in your posts, you must be racist too, Amy21.

I'm not going to reply to you after this post because you clearly don't have the ability to understand people's opinions on the matter.
It is NOT ridiculous!!!!.

I didnt say music artists are supporters of rasicm your just twisting my words now. And black people who call other black people are racist. Its when different coloured people call eachother that when it is racism.

And I have NOT used racist words in my posts to hurt anyone on here. I am just stating what has been said by Emily to get my point across to everyone.

And I do have to ability to understand everything that is said and dont post again if you dont like what I say. In fact dont enter a thread that I post on.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM #68
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy

what for saying simply that she may well not have meant to cause all of this??? i'm defending her am i.. when I've clearly stated what she said is wrong
Yes you need to have your eyes more open Amy and see what really going on and that is Emily is a racist!!!!!.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM #69

I liked Emily but I agree with Big Brother. They need to do everything necessary to keep the Big Brother we know and love up and running.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 PM #70

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikkos
They need to do everything necessary to keep the Big Brother we know and love up and running.
Totally agree mate.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 PM #71

OK. I am quitting this conversation because I don't want anybody to fall out over this.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM #72

This is all getting to personal and the insults will start flying soon which is against the TiBB rules

For that reason and that reason only I'm closing this thread.

Lets all take five minutes and cool down

Red
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
racist, sick, thing