Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: Do you struggle at times?
Yes 25 83.33%
Yes
25 83.33%
No 5 16.67%
No
5 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-10-2019, 10:34 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
A teacher who taught my daughter and I knew as a friend lost her mum a few months back took her own life last week.

Don’t ever be afraid to ask for help and talking about things is always the best way.
That's so awful. God.

Absolutely - always seek help when you can. I'm currently seeing a mental health worker about once every six weeks, just to talk about stuff and she'll be giving me little mundane tasks to do that I find challenging. It's not as often as I'd like but better than nothing at all. It's good to talk and share how you're coping.

She's also had me start a diary where I record what I do each day, how I feel and whenever I have a panic attack and my symptoms etc (it's surprising how regular I have them reading it back, I think I'm just used to it having suffered for over a decade now - second nature but this shouldn't be the case!)

Last edited by LaLaLand; 26-10-2019 at 10:35 PM.
LaLaLand is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2019, 10:41 PM #52
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I'm half way through a 13hr shift... fml
Old 26-10-2019, 11:10 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
A teacher who taught my daughter and I knew as a friend lost her mum a few months back took her own life last week.

Don’t ever be afraid to ask for help and talking about things is always the best way.
My mum was scared of that....She called my best friend to the hospice to tell het to watch out for me doing anything crazy..... I never would but we were that close she worried I wouldn't cope
Old 26-10-2019, 11:45 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
struggle can mean anything though, struggling financially, emotionally, academically, finding a job, so I would say the answer is yes to both for most
Of course it can. But generally if you're someone who struggles in life not just some of the time but all of the time, you're not talking about someone going through a skint patch or unemployment but someone who finds life itself difficult no matter the circumstance.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2019, 11:46 PM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I missed this....Marsh..and you make others smile so much...
Old 26-10-2019, 11:48 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Does anyone else have it related to absolutely NOTHING? I'm in the best job I've ever had, with an ethical and supportive company (something I've been desperate for for years), I'm finally finishing my degree, my wife is settling into her career, we're in the best financial position we've ever been by a significant margin, we're looking at new/bigger houses, everything on paper really couldn't be going much better... And yet I'm (just emerging from, thankfully) an extremely dark few months. Not my worst ever but definitely top 5.

My latest theory is that I have some sort of adjustment disorder... Any change (even 100% positive change) can send me into a bit of a spiral. My brain goes into overdrive trying to predict endless possible outcomes to endless possible situations and I end up mentally and physically exhausted.

I swear, I once had a (very brief) episode of derealisation (the world feels like "nothing is quite real") because we dramatically changed the colour scheme in the living room.
Sounds a bit of a "We've struggled for so long things CAN'T be going right for too much longer, WHAT WILL FAIL FIRST???" anxiety. My mum gets that.

Nothing positive can be positive, she's waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Old 27-10-2019, 06:50 AM #57
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
I feel hopeless in the fact that I've let my brain dictate how I feel for the past 7 months when he's the one that broke my heart and gave up on us. I should have the strength and dignity to be like lol that's life. Plenty more dick. I never struggled with him. He was the happiest I'd been for a long time. Even with him having Bipolar. We didn't have any drama since I got back from Eurovision and now he's gone. I feel hopeless in the fact that I know everybody is sick of me talking about him and yet can't stop.

I will be in a good place again one day though
....hmmm, it’s a complicated one as well, Lucas ....because maybe you’ve allowed your brain to dictate for the last 7 months, because you’re not fully ready to move forward ...so you hold onto stuff that will keep you where you are in time, type thing..?...its not about ‘plenty more’ it’s about someone who had huge significance in your life...and at some point you’ll meet someone who will be more perfect for you, if you allow yourself to be open to that...but that’s going to be a huge leap of faith for you, a huge vulnerability that you’re going to have to open yourself to, we have to try not to associate and try to trust again..?...there is no time limit to something like that, it’s a bit like a grieving process..?...you’ll be ready when you’re ready and there are things that you have to talk out as well to help you to feel as though you can trust your heart again...don’t ever feel as though you can’t talk ...the relationship may have ‘made you the happiest’ but it’s also made you the unhappiest, so that’s something that’s going to take quite a bit of time to get through...and that would be the same for anyone, for everyone...I do feel that when you’re ready to move forward, you’ll let go of the things you need to keep atm because you’re not ready...it’s only been 7 months and he was hugely important in your life, that’s no time at all, my love...talk, talk, talk as much as you need to talk...but also feel your amazing self worth as well .....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 06:50 AM #58
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Sounds a bit of a "We've struggled for so long things CAN'T be going right for too much longer, WHAT WILL FAIL FIRST???" anxiety. My mum gets that.

...awww mums, eh.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 11:05 AM #59
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Yep, always struggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 12:24 PM #60
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post

Indeed. It sounds PATHETIC though. "Boo hoo everything is going too well and that's scary waaah".
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
life, struggle