Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 31-08-2007, 04:51 PM #51
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
Originally posted by Z

But nobody here is William or Harry, therefore rendering that point void.
But those are the ones that organised both the memorial service today AND the concert which renders YOUR point void by saying it's a PR stunt and people should move on.

Public Relations, it was related to the public. >___>

Wow, barrel scraping there. :P

But yeah, I forgot they organised it, I think I said earlier that I couldn't remember everything about it.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 05:06 PM #52

"she wouldn't have wanted the media attention." I beg to differ but she was a media... I will hold back, but she knew how to use the media for her gain.

On her charity work. She will have been the face of the charity. But it will be the hundreds of people behind the scenes doing the day in day out work clearing mines, caring for AIDS and so on that will have saved the lives while she got the plaudits for doing what she was paid to do. It was her job.

Oh, and I am sure the firemen who lost their lives on 9/11 saved many more lives that Diana actually ever did.
Dr43%er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 05:07 PM #53
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr43%er
"she wouldn't have wanted the media attention." I beg to differ but she was a media... I will hold back, but she knew how to use the media for her gain.
I'm pretty sure she'd have liked the media to not report her almost every week. Her kids meant more to her than anything and it couldn't have been easy on them seeing her face everywhere.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 05:08 PM #54
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:

Oh, and I am sure the firemen who lost their lives on 9/11 saved many more lives that Diana actually ever did.
Which is why I said that we shouldn't compare whose lives are "more worthy" to be shown on the news, I was using that as an example.

To William and Harry, Diana's life was more important than that fireman who saved lives - so why shouldn't they celebrate? They genuinely can't help the media interest.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 05:12 PM #55

Quote:

On her charity work. She will have been the face of the charity. But it will be the hundreds of people behind the scenes doing the day in day out work clearing mines, caring for AIDS and so on that will have saved the lives while she got the plaudits for doing what she was paid to do. It was her job.

I agree that she used the media to her advantage but this shuldn't be held against her.

But you are missing the point. Diana touched the lives of many and it is their choice to pay tribute to her on the 10th anniversary of her death. Nobody's is denying the importance of the victims of 9/11.

It's your choice if you wish to not pay respect and celebrate her life but again it's other peoples' choice to remember and pay tribute to her and people should respect that.
Jack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:50 AM #56

"I'm pretty sure she'd have liked the media to not report her almost every week."

If you court the media then they are going to report on you. Princess Ann has done as much, if not more charity work. Who got the headlines? If she did not want to be in the headline every week it would have been possible. But she craved attention.

Your marriage breaks up so the natural reaction is to make a tv program about it so everyone can see how hard done by you have been. Most people would not want to air their dirty laundry in public. Was she thinking of her sons when she did that, or just of her self?
Dr43%er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:30 PM #57

I loved diana such a shame it happened tosuch a beautiful young kind lady
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, diana, princess, today, years