Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-05-2021, 12:27 PM #76
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Well, if you referred to a Jewish crime, it'd be untrue. Wouldn't it. According to the same set of statistic to which I refer.

This is not about me insulting black people however much you and other want to think that. You can all back each other up all you want, gun and knife crime is predominantly a black crime, there's no getting away from it. I am not saying this because I'm a racist, I'm saying this because it needs addressing; because those who die from gun and knife crime are also predominantly black and that is just not acceptable. And that's never going to be addressed until people stop having a meltdown when race is mentioned.

Lord above, I can't deal with this place sometimes either.
+1

same
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 02:52 PM #77
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

Quote:
Well, if you referred to a Jewish crime, it'd be untrue. Wouldn't it. According to the same set of statistic to which I refer.

This is not about me insulting black people however much you and other want to think that. You can all back each other up all you want, gun and knife crime is predominantly a black crime, there's no getting away from it. I am not saying this because I'm a racist, I'm saying this because it needs addressing; because those who die from gun and knife crime are also predominantly black and that is just not acceptable. And that's never going to be addressed until people stop having a meltdown when race is mentioned.

Lord above, I can't deal with this place sometimes either.

Pretending this is not the case is just going to result in more black people dying

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 03:04 PM #78
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post

Pretending this is not the case is just going to result in more black people dying
Myth 1: Knife crime is committed “almost exclusively” by young black men.

Speaking on ITV’s Good Morning Britain in March, co-host Piers Morgan stated “statistically, it looks like in London, right now… the perpetrators and the victims appear to be almost exclusively young black men.”

Reality: Citing Freedom of Information requests made to police forces, in July 2018 Sky News noted that in London “Almost half of murder victims – as well as suspects – were black despite the ethnic group accounting for just 13 per cent of London's population.” However, Sky News also explained “Numbers for the rest of the country painted a different picture, with murder victim and suspect figures more or less proportionate to the makeup of the population.” For example, in February BBC News noted the worst place for fatal stabbings in the UK, in proportion to population, was Inverclyde in Scotland. A few miles to the east the 95 per cent white Glasgow was, until recently, dubbed – by the Daily Mail – “the knife crime capital of Britain.”

“There are likely to be important socio-economic factors in homicides that cannot be examined using” the basic data, a 2019 Office for National Statistics report conceded. Indeed, according to the Serious Violence Strategy published by the government last year “the evidence on links between serious violence and ethnicity is limited. Once other factors are controlled for, it is not clear from the evidence whether ethnicity is a predictor of offending or victimisation.”

Taking a “wide range of factors into account”, including ethnicity, a 2003 study by the Youth Justice Board titled Young People & Street Crime echoed this conclusion. It found “two main factors explained differences in the levels of street crime between [London] boroughs… the level of deprivation… and the extent of population change” – the number of young people as a proportion of the total population.

“Crime is prevalent in poor areas, and since black people are disproportionality poor, they are disproportionately affected – as perpetrators and victims,” the Guardian’s Gary Younge noted in 2017, after extensive investigative work into knife crime. “It’s class – not race or culture – that is the defining issue.”

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/arti...e-myths-busted

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 03:14 PM #79

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Facts don’t matter to people intent on painting black people like monsters
Old 24-05-2021, 03:26 PM #80
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

I think like many things London has its own stats, and you can't take the whole country as one as in many things

Young black men in London are being murdered at a rate unlike anywhere else in the UK, as gang wars rage on in the capital.

Sky News has spent months speaking with London's fiercest gangs as part of an investigation into this year's increase in gang-related violence.

Our freedom of information requests reveal almost half of murder victims and murder suspects in the capital are young black men - way out of proportion to London's population, in which 13% are black.

https://news.sky.com/story/line-18-g...k-men-11447089

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 03:29 PM #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Can you imagine the uproar if something was referred to as a ‘Jewish crime’? Lord above, I can’t deal with this place sometimes, it’s horrific
Yep. The hypocrisy is no longer staggering, however.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 03:29 PM #82
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I think like many things London has its own stats, and you can't take the whole country as one as in many things

Young black men in London are being murdered at a rate unlike anywhere else in the UK, as gang wars rage on in the capital.

Sky News has spent months speaking with London's fiercest gangs as part of an investigation into this year's increase in gang-related violence.

Our freedom of information requests reveal almost half of murder victims and murder suspects in the capital are young black men - way out of proportion to London's population, in which 13% are black.

https://news.sky.com/story/line-18-g...k-men-11447089
Sure I'm not denying that but there are reasons for that, the same reasons why Glasgow had the highest rates of knife crime in the past and it wasn't because they were mostly white in Glasgow just like in London it isn't because they're black (also the article I posted says that as well)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 24-05-2021, 03:32 PM #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Facts don’t matter to people intent on painting black people like monsters

She is an Oxford Graduate
But chose to be a Dangerous Political Public Speaker.
In charge of a new Black Lead Party.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 03:34 PM #84
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Sure I'm not denying that but there are reasons for that, the same reasons why Glasgow had the highest rates of knife crime in the past and it wasn't because they were mostly white in Glasgow just like in London it isn't because they're black (also the article I posted says that as well)
I think for people who live in London or have lived in London this is the current experience though, it's what is on the London News practically every night of the week, there has been some respite during lockdown, I don't think this it is racist to point this out

I have heard Black Youth leaders pointing it out and Black ex gang members go into schools to speak about their experiences, none of whom are I would imagine are racist

If I lived in Scotland I would probably say it was white on white crime and that is not racist to say either, but that is not my experience

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 24-05-2021 at 03:38 PM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 03:40 PM #85
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I think for people who live in London or have lived in London this is the current experience though, it's what is on the London News practically every night of the week, there has been some respite during lockdown, I don't think this it is racist to point this out

I have heard Black Youth leaders pointing it out and Black ex gang members go into schools to speak about their experiences, none of whom are I would imagine are racist

If I lived in Scotland I would probably say it was white on white crime and that is not racist to say either, but that is not my experience
The point is it was never referred to as white on white crime at all

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 24-05-2021, 03:44 PM #86
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

I hope she recovers

I am puzzled with the news media calling her an "equality campaigner" when:

Ms Johnson played a leading role in the summer BLM protests, including the
Million People March, and rose to notoriety shortly before when videos
showed her confronting a black man she was arguing with and repeatedly
calling him the racial slur 'c**n'.

In the past, her Twitter account have been suspended for tweets which
discussed enslaving white people. She told us these tweets were 'fake' and
an 'attack from the Far Right'.

Ms Johnson has campaigned for statues to be removed and is part of the
secretive group Forever Family Force.

Footage on Instagram shows her parading with female FFF members in
military-style garb during a march in Brixton earlier this year for African
Emancipation Day.

Comparisons have been made with the Black Panthers, the radical far-Left
protesters who wore similar uniforms as they campaigned against police
brutality in 1960s America.

Ms Johnson is also the UK's representative of a new organisation called the
New Black Panthers Party and has called for the establishment of a 'black
militia' in the UK.

In a video posted in July last year, she compared the police to the Ku Klux
Klan.

Ms Johnson also led chants of '******* the police' and 'one solution,
revolution' in a fresh campaign to remove the statue of Cecil Rhodes from
Oxford University.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

horrible aggressive extreme-left politics that have no place in a modern diverse, welcoming Britain
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 03:45 PM #87

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

I'd never heard of this woman, it's amazing how she survived a gunshot to the head, though it's not unheard of. I wonder the calibre of the weapon?!

As far as 'black on black' crime technically it's true, just the same as white on white crime, but the bigger picture really is 'crime is crime' I wouldn't personally focus on race i would (and have done many times before) focus on class and social standing.

Class privilege is very real, always has been yet nothing much is really said. We kind of just accept it, like it's a part of our culture. Example - A girl i kinda of knew through other people, as thick as two planks, managed to worm her way into Uni through an appeal after previously getting rejected. Daddy, a Headmaster at a Grammar School pulled a few strings, and of course she ended up getting in. She also decided she wanted to become an actress, Mummy who works in the City (London) for a firm that has connections to a Talent Agency manged to get this completely untalented person into minor roles on BBC TV Shows, like Crimewatch reenactments for example....Im ranting now but class plays a huge part. Do you think a working class person living in a council flat in London, no matter what race, would get those kind of breaks in life?! Of course not! They would probably have to work twice as hard and be awarded with half as much.

All the above can make a person living in poverty feel hopeless, so what happens when society rejects them merely because they're seen a lesser person? They turn to crime, they turn to gangs. Poverty and class structure builds hopelessness, and in turn hopelessness breads criminality.

Equal opportunity is non-existent, it's all about who you know, and where you're from. We're far from the only country guilty of this, but it doesn't make it anymore acceptable imo. Equal opportunity should be afforded to all, no matter class, unfortunately it never has and probably never will. This applies to all races.
Old 24-05-2021, 03:47 PM #88

[She is also a UK representative of
the Black Panthers Party - modelled on a far-Left
sub-set of protesters who campaigned
against police brutality in 1960s America.]

[Ms Johnson, an Oxford Brookes graduate,
has campaigned for statues to be removed
and is part of the secretive group Forever Family Force.]
Old 24-05-2021, 03:55 PM #89

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
I'd never heard of this woman, it's amazing how she survived a gunshot to the head, though it's not unheard of. I wonder the calibre of the weapon?!

As far as 'black on black' crime technically it's true, just the same as white on white crime, but the bigger picture really is 'crime is crime' I wouldn't personally focus on race i would (and have done many times before) focus on class and social standing.

Class privilege is very real, always has been yet nothing much is really said. We kind of just accept it, like it's a part of our culture. Example - A girl i kinda of knew through other people, as thick as two planks, managed to worm her way into Uni through an appeal after previously getting rejected. Daddy, a Headmaster at a Grammar School pulled a few strings, and of course she ended up getting in. She also decided she wanted to become an actress, Mummy who works in the City (London) for a firm that has connections to a Talent Agency manged to get this completely untalented person into minor roles on BBC TV Shows, like Crimewatch reenactments for example....Im ranting now but class plays a huge part. Do you think a working class person living in a council flat in London, no matter what race, would get those kind of breaks in life?! Of course not! They would probably have to work twice as hard and be awarded with half as much.

All the above can make a person living in poverty feel hopeless, so what happens when society rejects them merely because they're seen a lesser person? They turn to crime, they turn to gangs. Poverty and class structure builds hopelessness, and in turn hopelessness breads criminality.

Equal opportunity is non-existent, it's all about who you know, and where you're from. We're far from the only country guilty of this, but it doesn't make it anymore acceptable imo. Equal opportunity should be afforded to all, no matter class, unfortunately it never has and probably never will. This applies to all races.
Very good post Swan.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 03:57 PM #90
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Yep that's it in a nutshell really Swan

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 24-05-2021, 04:05 PM #91

There is a Vigil outside her Hospital.
Old 24-05-2021, 04:19 PM #92
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
She is an Oxford Graduate
But chose to be a Dangerous Political Public Speaker.
In charge of a new Black Lead Party.
Well, it was only Oxford Brookes, so ...

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 04:30 PM #93

Quote:

In a nutshell...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 04:43 PM #94
-

-

Quote:

Nail on head.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 04:46 PM #95
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Old 24-05-2021, 06:09 PM #96
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Thumbs down

Quote:
There is a Vigil outside her Hospital.
"Another speaker went on to urge the crowd to not give the “white supremacist
media” anything to report on, saying: “don’t give them a story, don’t give them
a narrative, don’t give them anything until they give us something.”

Some on the far-left in Britain, including Labour MP Diane Abbott, have implied
that the shooting of Ms Johsnon could have been politically motivated.

“Black activist #SashaJohnson in hospital in critical condition after sustaining a
gunshot wound to the head,” Abbott wrote on social media, adding: “Nobody
should have to potentially pay with their life because they stood up for racial
justice” with the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter."

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...sasha-johnson/
Old 24-05-2021, 06:12 PM #97

[including Labour MP Diane Abbott, have implied
that the shooting of Ms Johsnon could
have been politically motivated.]

She is Deluded.

It was a Drive by Rival Gang
Old 24-05-2021, 06:17 PM #98
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
[including Labour MP Diane Abbott, have implied
that the shooting of Ms Johsnon could
have been politically motivated.]

She is Deluded.

It was a Drive by Rival Gang

she makes me sick

she is on with Iain Dale now!

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 24-05-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Old 24-05-2021, 06:47 PM #99

Ch4HDnews
reports from the scene
she was a Local Party
they Showed loads of Gazebo's over the fence
in the Garden.
Old 24-05-2021, 06:53 PM #100
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote: