Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 14-09-2009, 11:38 PM #176

[rquote=2570658&tid=147103&author=Shasown]I know exactly what Shill Bidding is, the point I was trying to make is would Marcus risk losing the account name he has and its trading record? (He does hold the IDH title in high regard). You may have no qualms about having your account suspended, but he trades on the name.

You see although in your case and probably in most cases ebay may only issue a warning they do have the following options?

Quote:
Breaches of our policies may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on canceled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Referral to law enforcement
Bearing in mind it sold for over a grand, would ebay if they discovered he was shill bidding decide to make a high profile example of him?

[/rquote]ebay dont like to ban that often as i said iv been pulled up on it 3 times and have not got a ban they are in it to make money if they ban people then they lose money its not in they'er intrest to ban people and will let it carry on unless someone reports it and then they only give a warning as ebay say "eBay believes people deserve a second chance. " its very unlikly marcus would get a ban on his 1st shill bid even on his 2nd or 3rd time, ebay want the £££££. as iv said i am not saying he his shilling, but he will not get A ban unless he takes the pi** and does it all the time, once every few months he will be o.k every week??

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/basics/f-shilling.html
nut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ebay, jail, key, marcus, puts