Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 21-08-2016, 06:52 AM #201
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I guess the biggest example for why I appreciate Jackie a lot was the aftermath of Jason getting blindside-nominated. She was truly in top form as the Nancy Drew of the house, slowly putting the pieces together all day long and woke James and Meg the **** up as to what was really going on in the house (well, at least as much as James and Meg can be woken up.) The Sixth Sense really is one of the best dominant alliances we've seen bc even though they predictably in power for like six weeks straight, they were completely dysfunctional because there were always at least two or three people fighting and scheming against each other each week. Still, what BB17 was lacking at the time was an opposing group who was ready to strike and Jackie's the one who really got the ball rolling for the ADC (an alliance that she wasn't even formally a part of, but was forced into after the whole Dark Moon fiasco.)

IDK, I know it's definitely lame to be one of those assholes who says "well if you didn't watch the feeds you just wouldn't get it " but the edited episodes really did her no justice. I was GLUED to the feeds that Monday as Jackie gradually figured out the Sixth Sense and it really kick-started the best three week stretch this show has seen since BB11. My personal favorite moment of the day was Jackie marching up to the HOH Room and putting Shelli on the spot by asking her directly if she was part of "that majority" that wanted Jason to go, and Shelli was just left there fumbling over her own words as she seethed at Jackie's existence for the rest of her time on the show.
Old 21-08-2016, 05:20 PM #202
-

-

Big Brother 17
Episode 37: Austin Evicted

1. Vanessa
2. Liz

3. Steve
4. John

Johnny Mac actually considering whether he should throw the F5 PoV comp. Like seriously wtf?

Vanessa evicting Austin though :
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 05:22 PM #203
-

-

Mess @ Frankie Grande appearing for Liz's special prize. Her and Vanessa got to meet Ariana lmao <3
Old 21-08-2016, 05:27 PM #204
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Jackie was a slow-burner but she was still great. I get why people would say she's overrated (I find her a bit overrated), but the main reason why I ended up loving her is because she took her eviction with such class. Out of eighteen seasons she's the person who handled her eviction/blindside the best.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 06:52 PM #205
-

-

Final 3 Ranking:

1. Vanessa
2. Liz

3. Steve

Vanessa getting rid of two of my least favourites in Austin and Johnny Mac

I've got two more episodes left so I'm perched for the finale. It's really weird how there's only 3 left, the house feels so empty and it's hard to believe there were 16 at one point.
Old 21-08-2016, 07:11 PM #206
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
Jackie was a slow-burner but she was still great. I get why people would say she's overrated (I find her a bit overrated), but the main reason why I ended up loving her is because she took her eviction with such class. Out of eighteen seasons she's the person who handled her eviction/blindside the best.
I agree she did handle herself really well and it was very respectable.

And even though I'm one to say she's overrated, I did somewhat like her throughout and she had her moments towards the end.
Old 22-08-2016, 12:04 AM #207
-

-

The penultimate episode was cute. It was fun watching some of the best moments from the season again and seeing unseen footage especially those from the earlier weeks. It reconfirms how entertaining the pre-jury weeks were and whilst I've loved this season as a whole, the first half >>>

Going to watch the finale now

Last edited by Jason.; 22-08-2016 at 12:05 AM.
Old 22-08-2016, 02:10 AM #208
-

-

Just finished the finale!

I thought it was great tbh, it had that event feel to it that BBUK finales just don't have anymore. It wasn't rushed either and it fitted everything in perfectly, the final HoH comp, the eviction, the juror debate, the jury questions, the reunion and the reveal all in an hour.

I can't say I'm too fumed at Steve winning because BBUS isn't like BBUK where someone completely undeserving can win just by picking up the phone - I guess it's more deserving on BBUS because they have to actually compete to earn their spot in the house and make it far so it's based on their own merit. He wasn't my ideal winner and I would've preffered a Liz win but slay at 2nd place and $50,000.

Bye @ Steve evicting Vanessa tho and ruining the chance of a Vanessa/Liz F2 </3

I'm happy with James winning America's Favourite but bye @ Johnny Mac being in the top 3, that just shows how grossly overrated he is even by the public's standards. I'm quite surprised Jason made it top 3 for the vote given he was evicted quite early and didn't really have much of an impact on the series in the grand scheme of things but I liked him so I'm not complaining.

I liked the juror debate with Will Kirby. You had Austin and John being bitter about Vanessa which makes it all the more satisfying that she got them both out <33 and Shelli sticking up for her and admiring her game

Will Kirby clocking Austin's hypocrisy and BS about him saying he would've sacraficed himself in F3 to let Liz/Vanessa fight it out at in F2 <33

Overall ranking and write-ups will be coming later today (it's 3 in the morning and I'm so tired lmao)
Old 22-08-2016, 02:40 AM #209
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

yay glad you enjoyed it Jason
Old 22-08-2016, 04:45 PM #210
-

-

Rankings/write-ups are coming
Old 22-08-2016, 05:08 PM #211
-

-

16. John McGuire

(that gif pretty much sums up my feelings towards him lmao)

I guess it's no secret that I strongly dislike Johnny Mac given I've ranted about him on several occasions over the past two weeks. I know he's a fan favourite and is loved by quite a few on here but I honestly don't see the appeal at all and I'm about to explain why.

His entire persona pretty much consisted of shouting screaming things in a put-on zany voice in the DR. That's about it. That is Johnny Mac in a nutshell really. His only claim to airtime were his DRs. Once you look past that you'll find that he's an incredibly one-note character with not much else to bring to the table at all...well apart from throwing comps (but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it). Anyway back to his fake personality - I didn't watch the feeds but thank **** because I don't think I would've been able to cope with this guy 24/7. It wasn't just in the DR he was putting on an act but also in his eviction/PoV speeches, which were godawful and not funny at all. Idk maybe I'm just hard to amuse but I really didn't find anything he ever said/did funny, infact he made angry and it pissed me off how the studio audience will just burst out cackling whenever it was his turn to vote in an eviction and he'd put on this wacky cartoon character for Julie whilst giving his vote and it's just like...UGH **** OFF YOU'RE NOT FUNNY! He just tried too hard to be funny and if you're going to try to be funny, at least be funny in the first place. He's pretty much the BBUS equivalent of the dumb and loveable cheeky chappy archetype we get over here on BBUK, which I loathe in general. And Vanessa pretty much summed him and his fake ass personality up in this one quote right here:
Quote:
"He's playing this whole dumb card -mimicks John's annoying laugh- I have no idea -mimicks John's annoying laugh-...I'm like you're a ****ing doctor, you know what the **** is going on"

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of Vanessa, there was a point where he was gunning for her and just being an even bigger dick than usual and if you're going to gun for my favourite...well then you can **** off. But thankfully god exists and she outlasted him twice so Vanny stays winning <333

One of the worst things about John though is the fact that he pathetically threw so many competitions which led to so many good characters being evicted as a result of him being the house's bitch. It was just incredibly frustrating watching him throw yet another comp and do everything everyone told him to. I mean I don't watch BBUS for the game and I don't really care if someone is an amazing player or not (hello...Da'Vonne) but he had no game at all? He made it to final 4 and didn't even win one HoH ffs.

And the fact he was evicted and then managed to return over Shelli, Becky or Jackie just moments later pissed me off even more. Just when you thought you'd gotten rid of him he comes back and eventually makes it to Final 4. Admittedly I didn't mind him much after he returned, but then he had to go and ruin it by even daring to suggest that he'd THROW THE FINAL 5 PoV COMP and at that point I was just like "well okay you need to die now" I can't really let go how of much he pissed me off throughout the season - at least Jace was evicted first, this **** almost made it till the end and the fact he's so overrated makes me dislike him even more so down at the bottom of my rankings he goes. Do I think he's a nasty person? Not at all. Would I get along with him? Probably. But he was just too annoying to even bother giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 22-08-2016, 05:10 PM #212
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Oh my god that's far more writing about Johnny Mac than should ever have to be written, I don't envy you at all

(I look forward to three books' worth of Jackie Ibarra worshipping <3)

Spoiler:

Last edited by MB.; 22-08-2016 at 05:12 PM.
MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 05:12 PM #213
-

-

lmao I had a lot to get off my chest re Johnny Mac
Old 22-08-2016, 05:18 PM #214
-

-

15. Jace Agolli

I liken Jace to Marco (BBUK17) and thank **** they were both first boots because I don't think I would've been able to cope with either one of them any longer than they lasted. Jace was just...really annoying and I guess the HGs who lived with him agreed with me on that one hence why he was shown the door in the first week with a 12-13 vote (I like to pretend Audrey didn't vote for him to stay and that he was evicted in a unanimous vote because seriously who actually likes Jace?) He entered the house, he had this nauseating bromance with Austin (I honestly cringe @ that guitar strumming thing they did with that godawful sound effect in the background like wtf) and then he just annoyed the **** out of everyone (me included) as soon as the first night with his constant attention-seeking antics like streaking around the garden much to the annoyance of his fellow HGs, whom of which are just like " wtf is this idiot doing" (that **** wasn't even entertaining when Dexter Koh did it so please just stop).

And if that wasn't enough, he managed to turn into this bitter, sore loser after he was nominated by picking arguments with numerous HGs including modern day icon Audrey, who wouldn't take any of his crap and shut him down almost immediately <33

I was glad to see the back of him and he would probably be my least favorite of the season had he lasted any longer but thank **** he had the nerve to get evicted early and not plague us with his awfulness unlike Johnny Mac.

Like his picture on the memory wall, I'm erasing his existence out of my head.

Last edited by Jason.; 22-08-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 22-08-2016, 05:22 PM #215
-

-

Btw I'm doing the Twins' writeups together hence why there's a total of 16 instead of 17.
Old 22-08-2016, 05:23 PM #216
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

(Julia > Liz though, right?)

Spoiler:

Old 22-08-2016, 05:25 PM #217
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
(Julia > Liz though, right?)
Julia throwing Austin's stuff around the room after he won the PoV automatically makes her the superior twin!

But I love both of them <3
Old 22-08-2016, 05:33 PM #218
-

-

14. Jeff Weldon

I don't really remember much about Jeff at all apart from the fact he was kinda a dick and really boring with it too (which isn't a good combination). The only good thing about him was that he was Jackie's friend (but even then the distanced himself from her because he didn't want to been seen as a target lmao). All I remember is him shading much superior HGs and human beings in Da'Vonne and Becky by calling them a bitch and a gold digger so that's enough to have him low in my rankings and I no longer wish to continue with this write-up.
Old 22-08-2016, 05:34 PM #219
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Jace > Cum smearing Jeff
Old 22-08-2016, 05:36 PM #220
-

-

Not cum-smearing. Nothing of the sort was shown on the main show but he's still pretty awful either way
Old 22-08-2016, 05:37 PM #221
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

iconic <3<3<3 yeah Jeff sucked but only a bit

Spoiler:

Old 22-08-2016, 06:01 PM #222
-

-

13. Austin Matelson

I don't know where to start with Austin because I have a mixture of emotions when it comes to him. He was awful no doubt but there were times where I found him hilariously tragic and quite embarrassing.

He had this 'Judas' alter-ego that he kept trying to make happen from the moment his VT rolled (Becki Seddiki you are not!) Anyway it was just really annoying and quite pathetic how he'd always go on about how he was this strategic, back-stabbing mastermind 'Judas' heck he even did it when voting in evictions. It just felt so contrived to me and I'm glad the housemates saw through it and Da'Vonne ripping into him for it during the finale was amazing <33

Austin's main storyline however was Liztin. And it was actually confusing to watch because god knows what Liz actually saw in him? He wasn't good-looking in the slightest (the greasy long hair, the ponytail beard ) and whilst messy showmances can be funny this one was just annoying to watch because they couldn't be any more different and he also had a girlfriend on the outside too so that just makes him even more repulsive. Julia had him sussed all along <3

One of my favourite moments however was when he and Liz were in the hammock and Austin was telling her everything he loved about her and there you had Liz who couldn't be any less interested in him saying "I like that you cook me food and umm...and you're kinda a good kisser?" Legend Liz was too good for him and I think they've broken up since?

I couldn't do a write-up of Austin and not mention his rocky friendship with Vanessa though. The fact she was actually close to backdooring this guy in Week 5 (what could've been </3) but she eventually evicted his ass in F5 leaving him to walk out of the house barefoot lmao. But then he just turned into an even bigger demon in Jury by being extremely bitter towards Vanessa and going on about how flawed Vanessa's game was He even used his BS of saying he would've sacraficed himself in F3 for Vanessa/Liz as another stick to beat Vanessa with for evicting him but thankfully Will Kirby clocked his hypocrisy and bitterness

Last edited by Jason.; 22-08-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Old 22-08-2016, 06:12 PM #223
-

-

12. Steve Moses

I actually didn't really mind Steve until towards the the end of the series where he just started to piss me off. At first he was just this mild presence in the midst of pre-jury BB17 but he soon developed into this silent assassin with his random, savage hatred of angel Becky. That moment Becky lost the PoV comp after almost having it in the bag and was on the verge of breakdown and you had Steve openly cheering on the fact that his arch-nemesis Becky (bitch she hadn't even spoken a word to you grow up) had lost with a wet grin on his face was really cruel and actually kinda heartbreaking to watch.

But that was the only the beginning of Stevil. His reign of pure evil took a turn when he started winning comps in the last few weeks and as a result made some pretty awful decisons. I think the one that sticks out the most for me is targetting Jackie (who was really beginning to come to her own at that point) in the double eviction when she wasn't even coming for him in the first place like wtf? Alongside that he pitted the twins against each other and we lost Julia as a result and he just had to win the final HoH and evict Vanessa in the F3, leaving her empty handed and robbing us of the much superior F2 that would've been Liz vs. Vanessa so I blame him for that. I think his only good move as HoH was finally getting rid of John (who probably would've skated his way to F2 otherwise) so I do have to give him credit for that but outside of it all, he just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth despite me not even being fumed at the fact he won. I don't see the point in getting worked up over him because he was quite bland outside of it all. He also tried to push this 'from boy to man' journey that just didn't appeal to me whatsoever. Overall he was just a dull floater in the amazing pre-jury BB17 and when he did finally step up his game in the latter weeks he went from being harmlessly vapid to an unlikeable nuisance, ontop of all his awful decisions as HoH.
Old 22-08-2016, 07:37 PM #224
-

-

11. Jason Roy

I actually really liked Jason during his time in the house and I still do despite the low ranking. However he was evicted quite early and looking back, he doesn't really stick out as one of the major characters of the season. He was fun at the time but in the grand scheme of things he's quite unmemorable and doesn't really have much of an impact on the season unlike early boots Day and Audrey do. He'd be higher in my rankings if he lasted a few weeks longer and made it to jury and I was annoyed at his blindside eviction because I was on board with the whole backdooring Austin plan and it actually looked it would work and come to fruition but it all changed last minute and we lost Jason a result of it </3

Outside of that, I did like his friendship with Da'Vonne. But that's about it really? He has a few other moments here and there that stick out like his some of his funny moments in the DR, his low-key feud with Audrey and calling one of the twins 'Fatbeth' but there's not much else to talk about in this write-up so I'll just end it here.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:04 PM #225
-

-

10. Meg Maley

Like Jason, I still really like Meg despite her being at #10. I just happen to like the remaining HG's more but Meg was great. She was a warm, fun and bubbly addition to the house and I found her to be endearing and her being so awful at anything that had competition written all over it was hilarious and the fact she skated all the way to Week 10 because of not being a threat to anyone's game whatsoever is actually really funny and I kinda respect her for getting far despite being so crap at everything. But eventually, it grew tiresome on me and it got to the point where good competitors like Shelli, Jackie and Becky were all being culled one by one and Meg was still in the game and it just felt like she wasn't even playing it at all and James was pretty much doing all the work.

Anyway apart from that, Meg was generally just a positive presence in the house and I love how smiley she always was even after smashing her face in the PoV she still managed to crack a smile. I think she's too nice for a cut-throat and strategic game like BBUS but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I just wish she could've won at least one comp in the game so we could've seen her make a move and actually have a impact in the overall game - I would've loved to see her win a HoH omfg could you imagine

Last edited by Jason.; 22-08-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb11, bb15, bb17, bb2, bb6, bbus, jason, thread, watch, watching