Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2020, 11:27 PM #1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
So? Aren’t they allowed to share their struggles then? They are people after all.

But the programme set out to portray their support for the poor communities and the poor young girls that are subjected to rape on a daily basis...then ended with them feeling sorry for themselves and the treatment they were getting from the press...Really?
Old 20-01-2020, 11:43 PM #1152

Spoiler:

Over Large Sun Front Page
"The Joy of the Sussex"

Last edited by arista; 21-01-2020 at 03:36 AM.
Old 21-01-2020, 08:04 AM #1153
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I guess they really couldn’t ‘win for losing‘ and Meghan in particular...they try to relate to things like ‘new motherhood’ on a personal level in interviews, the type of personal level that Diana had and still the criticism will be found...it makes me think of that saying ...’haters gonna hate’...because it doesn’t matter what they do or how they do it, for some, the negative will be sought and found...we can always find negatives if that’s what we’re looking for and scrutinising for...it also makes me think of Ann Widdeccombe’s ‘assessment’ of Meghan...of someone she had never met and had very little knowledge of ...’I think she’s trouble’...if ‘trouble’ is what you seek, then ‘trouble’ will be what you find because it’s how whatever actions will be interpreted...

...off topic, how wonderful It would have been for Diana to have been able to look into the face of Archie and to hold Archie...I’m thinking that Harry must be thinking so much about his mum at this time especially and how he would have loved his son and mum to meet.....

Last edited by Ammi; 21-01-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Old 21-01-2020, 08:38 AM #1154
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

[QUOTE=Ammi;10760045]...I guess they really couldn’t ‘win for losing‘ and Meghan in particular...they try to relate to things like ‘new motherhood’ on a personal level in interviews, the type of personal level that Diana had and still the criticism will be found...it makes me think of that saying ...’haters gonna hate’...because it doesn’t matter what they do or how they do it, for some, the negative will be sought and found...we can always find negatives if that’s what we’re looking for and scrutinising for...it also makes me think of Ann Widdeccombe’s ‘assessment’ of Meghan...of someone she had never met and had very little knowledge of ...’I think she’s trouble’...if ‘trouble’ is what you seek, then ‘trouble’ will be what you find because it’s how whatever actions will be interpreted...

...off topic, how wonderful It would have been for Diana to have been able to look into the face of Archie and to hold Archie...I’m thinking that Harry must be thinking so much about his mum at this time especially and how h

It’s funny how if you have an ongoing negative opinion of Megan or Harry you are being labelled as a obsessed hate filled racist.
Old 21-01-2020, 12:37 PM #1155
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The Africans who had lost many parents/children due to poverty and disease might beg to differ as money is exactly what they needed. But Meghan stands in that country and whines about how hard her life is, especially with a baby - she has a nanny ffs! (On her 4th nanny now btw)....and Harry has his moan as well. How insensitive and self - unaware can they be - at least wait until you leave the country before doing the poor privileged me routine.
There's a difference between having a reason to hate someone and twisting yourself in knots to create one.

You could literally apply your logic to anyone. 'Nobody can ever reveal how much they are hurting because there's people in Africa starving!' It's such a toxic mindset to have. We encourage people to be open with their feelings and any issues relating to mental health and then people like you use it as an excuse to bash someone they dislike.

Royals can have difficulties just like the rest of us, you can do charity work yet still crack under the pressure if personal difficulties get too much and being open about struggles is never wrong.

Like Parm, you're trying to make out that people with money aren't allowed to feel pain like the rest of us. Humans are human, even Meghan Markle and I don't think you actually realise that she's more than just your symbol of hate.
Old 21-01-2020, 12:41 PM #1156
Banned

Banned

[QUOTE=thesheriff443;10760052]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I guess they really couldn’t ‘win for losing‘ and Meghan in particular...they try to relate to things like ‘new motherhood’ on a personal level in interviews, the type of personal level that Diana had and still the criticism will be found...it makes me think of that saying ...’haters gonna hate’...because it doesn’t matter what they do or how they do it, for some, the negative will be sought and found...we can always find negatives if that’s what we’re looking for and scrutinising for...it also makes me think of Ann Widdeccombe’s ‘assessment’ of Meghan...of someone she had never met and had very little knowledge of ...’I think she’s trouble’...if ‘trouble’ is what you seek, then ‘trouble’ will be what you find because it’s how whatever actions will be interpreted...

...off topic, how wonderful It would have been for Diana to have been able to look into the face of Archie and to hold Archie...I’m thinking that Harry must be thinking so much about his mum at this time especially and how h

It’s funny how if you have an ongoing negative opinion of Megan or Harry you are being labelled as a obsessed hate filled racist.

Harry's memories of Diana and the pain of losing her so long is probably what prompted this whole thing. I don't think it's a coincidence that they are bowing out when they've recently become a young family, especially considering that Harry himself is nearly at the age she died at. He's never exactly been secretive about how much he resents the media and can anyone really blame him? Now that he's a parent himself, I reckon Diana's probably on his mind more than ever.

I couldn't imagine having to deal with a media that's basically responsible for my mother's death, good on him for doing it as long as he did but sometimes you have to do what's best for you and leaving is obviously what's best for his family.
Old 21-01-2020, 12:45 PM #1157

Quote:
How do you know it isn't? Do you have all the factual evidence?
How do I know Harry has made this choice and has wanted it for a long time?

The words out of his own mouth.
Old 21-01-2020, 12:46 PM #1158

Quote:
That isn't factual evidence. There was no hint of him moving anywhere until Meghan came along. I'm not saying it was all her, or it wasn't, but Marsh does insist on actual evidence, or so he said.
When we're discussing Harry's own actions, decisions and motivations then the words from his own mouth are worth 100% more than the words of gossip-mongers and cheap rags.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:17 PM #1159
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Spoiler:

Over Large Sun Front Page
"The Joy of the Sussex"

I don't want to see her smiling at a camera any more. I thought she wanted away from all that?
Old 21-01-2020, 01:20 PM #1160
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I don't want to see her smiling at a camera any more. I thought she wanted away from all that?
You say that like it's her fault a pap took a photo of her and sold it to the Sun? Or do you think she should never go outdoors anymore

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:23 PM #1161
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
You say that like it's her fault a pap took a photo of her and sold it to the Sun? Or do you think she should never go outdoors anymore
A pap hasn't jumped out on her for that pic. She's being followed by two security guards (You're welcome, Meghan...) I'm sure that if she didn't want to be photographed those guards would have sorted it. She's got the whole of the rest of Vancouver Island to walk the dogs.

Thing is, no one knows any more about her than anyone else. And yet, because she used to be in Suits and she's mixed race, she's turned into some wronged Goddess*. She wants to leave. Let her go.

* generally.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:25 PM #1162
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
A pap hasn't jumped out on her for that pic. She's being followed by two security guards (You're welcome, Meghan...) I'm sure that if she didn't want to be photographed those guards would have sorted it. She's got the whole of the rest of Vancouver Island to walk the dogs.

Thing is, no one knows any more about her than anyone else. And yet, because she used to be in Suits and she's mixed race, she's turned into some wronged Goddess*. She wants to leave. Let her go.

* generally.
Ok so it's her fault she got photographed also her fault the photo got put on the front page of the Sun, got it

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 21-01-2020, 01:26 PM #1163
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Maybe she was smiling because it wasn't a pap but a member of the public, who then sold the pic?
Old 21-01-2020, 01:28 PM #1164
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Maybe she was smiling because it wasn't a pap but a member of the public, who then sold the pic?
Or maybe she's just having a good day, out walking with her son and her dogs? Odd I know

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 21-01-2020, 01:42 PM #1165
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Or maybe she thought a "Mother Earth" pic with her baby strapped on and the dogs, and a big smile.... would be perfect.

She's being built up into some kind of saint.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:43 PM #1166

Yes, imagining she's not the Devil incarnate makes her a saint. Obviously.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:45 PM #1167
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Yes, imagining she's not the Devil incarnate makes her a saint. Obviously.
Oh yes, because if you don't think she's a saint, you must think she's the devil incarnate....
Old 21-01-2020, 01:46 PM #1168

Quote:
Oh yes, because if you don't think she's a saint, you must think she's the devil incarnate....
Well, thinking every tiny little thing she does is a manipulative endeavour is not far off.

This is the woman who can't close a car door or touch her stomach without it being some massive ploy to destroy the Royal family.

Last edited by Marsh.; 21-01-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:46 PM #1169
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Or maybe she thought a "Mother Earth" pic with her baby strapped on and the dogs, and a big smile.... would be perfect.

She's being built up into some kind of saint.
But she has a baby and she has dogs, can she not go out with them now without being accused of having some ulterior motive other than just being a mother and a dog owner?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 21-01-2020, 01:50 PM #1170
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
But she has a baby and she has dogs, can she not go out with them now without being accused of having some ulterior motive other than just being a mother and a dog owner?
I'm sure it wasn't planned at all. I'm sure Meghan would never ever manipulate the press. Just like Princess Dianna didn't manipulate them.

I don't really like Meghan. That's my right. She and Harry have said they're going to step out of the limelight. I hope they do it soon because then I won't have to justify every comment I make about them by saying, I don't hate them, but they've turned their back on the Royals... so **** off already.

I'm taking my baby out later, with the dog. Sure hope no one jumps out and takes my photo! Because if they did, I'd be finding another place to walk my dog that has more privacy, and I don't need two security guards to help me do that.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:52 PM #1171
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Well, thinking every tiny little thing she does is a manipulative endeavour is not far off.

This is the woman who can't close a car door or touch her stomach without it being some massive ploy to destroy the Royal family.
I'd like you to quote the posts where I've said any of those things.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:53 PM #1172

Quote:
I'd like you to quote the posts where I've said any of those things.
I'd like you to quote the posts where I accused you of saying any of those things.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:55 PM #1173
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I know right, because no expectant mother ever touched their stomach ever

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 21-01-2020, 01:56 PM #1174
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I'd like you to quote the posts where I accused you of saying any of those things.
You were responding to me when you said those things. I never said anything like that. So why include them in your post Marshy?

I don't wish her ill, I will her well, and her family.... but they've decided they don't want the job... so just go.
Old 21-01-2020, 01:57 PM #1175
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I know right, because no expectant mother ever touched their stomach ever
Yes, all mothers are allowed to touch their stomach, royal or not.

Just for clarity.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, family, harry, meghan, members, prince, royal, senior, stepped