Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 13-01-2019, 09:54 PM   #51
Toy Soldier
😍😍😍

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I can't even remember any setpieces from the third one ... wasn't there a hospital?
Exactly! I remember a warehouse... and some back alleys. There was a fair bit outdoors. But it wasn't the mansion, or the police station / underground lab, or the (flawless IMO) village-castle-island transition of Resi 4. Re-treading the same areas several times is a big part of the Resi experience in my opinion, the locations become as important as the characters and you know them inside out. It lost that completely in 3 and also in 6, and to an extent 5, as you were constantly moving on. Though I think it was partially remedied in 5 as it had a chapter select feature right from the off, and heavily encouraged re-playing areas several times. I remember farming the "Licker corridor" for days, must have killed thousands of the poor buggers, I don't know if I'll even find them any more after herding them like gem-dropping cattle. The firepower in Resi 5 was hilariously OP.
and keep moving forward."
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #52
Toy Soldier
😍😍😍

Ooooh there's a cheat engine script for the PC demo to lock the timer . Though apparently the demo does also have a definitive "end point" (obviously, as the download is only 7gb).
Old 14-01-2019, 10:46 AM   #53
Amy Jade
The Wizard and I

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
CBB20: Brandi Glanville

I want an Outbreak remake next. It's so underrated.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #54
Toy Soldier
😍😍😍

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
I want an Outbreak remake next. It's so underrated.
Youtube video
Click to view this video on Youtube
Old 14-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #55
daniel-lewis-1985
Want, Take, HAVE!

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

So are they not releasing this in VR? Shame as Biohazard in VR is hands down the best game i have ever played.
Old 14-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #56
Toy Soldier
😍😍😍

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
So are they not releasing this in VR? Shame as Biohazard in VR is hands down the best game i have ever played.
It's 3rd person over-the-shoulder, not first person.
Old 14-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #57
Dezzy
Babs

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
REmake wasnt great though IMO. It was fine on the GameCube but the latest release felt like... a not-very-good port of a GameCube game. Because that's what it was.

I honestly can't see Nemesis or CV doing as well as 2 to be honest... They're decent enough games but neither have the same sort of iconic locations and set pieces as 1 and 2 (and 4, and even 5 in its own way).
REmake is easily the best traditional RE game and I think it's held up over the years. I don't think it's aged badly at all. It was excellent on release and it's still pretty great now. It took everything that made the original a classic and amped it up and they weren't scared to change things up either. REmake is a perfect remake.

Nemesis certainly has the potential to do well, RE2 is most likely going to be a massive success and it's likely going to result in people wanting more classic Resident Evil and Capcom is likely to listen. With Nemesis, it's less about the separate locations and more about the fact that you could finally explore Raccoon City as one of the few common complaints about RE2 was that you were only out in the city for a brief time before. Not only that but Nemesis was the first true persistent enemy that the game ever had and the only real thing standing in the way of a Nemesis remake is that Mr. X in RE2R kinda cannabilises that idea (although I suppose he was kind of the proto-Nemesis to begin with). Still, the thought of Nemesis charging after you in a RE2R style game is terrifying.

Code Veronica is more niche but the fact that it is a direct sequel to RE2 makes it more likely that it could be remade following RE2's release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Hold on Bitch
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 04:09 PM   #58
Dezzy
Babs

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne

I started a game on the original RE2 earlier, got to the Police Basement so I'm not far off finishing the police station, I believe. I've enjoyed it so far, it's been years since I played it last and it'll be fun to see how different the remake will be from the original when I've refreshed my memory of the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Hold on Bitch
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 05:04 PM   #59
Toy Soldier
😍😍😍

Played & enjoyed it but I am ANNOYED. It took forever to get the game started (black-screening on the menu) and then I played like 15 minutes and it crashed... and when I restarted it, the game had reset to the start but it still only gave me the remaining 15 minutes . I got up to getting the Spade (I think?) key and being radio'd to come back to the entrance as the injured cop "had something to show me", but my time ran out before I actually got there.

Dunno if it's just issues with the demo or if the PC version is going to be glitchy overall. Planning to get for PS4 anyway so not a huge issue I guesssss.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 18-01-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 19-01-2019, 11:55 AM   #60
Oliver_W
:)

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe

I hadn't found any of the keys, you got further than me!
Old 19-01-2019, 05:03 PM   #61
Toy Soldier
😍😍😍

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I hadn't found any of the keys, you got further than me!
It was just randomly sitting on a desk upstairs. But it's just for opening one of the other doors back to the main area. There's also an add-on pouch in the same area that increases your inventory by 50% which would have been pretty handy... If I'd had more than 90 seconds of the demo left
Old 19-01-2019, 05:13 PM   #62
Toy Soldier
😍😍😍

Also confession: I couldn't get the script for unlimited demo time to work, but while I was on cheat engine I tinkered a bit and got the handgun ammo to lock at 12 (so unlimited ammo and never had to reload, it would go down to 11 for a split second then reset to 12) because I wanted to get as far as possible with my mere 15 minutes without worrying about ammo . Some of the zombies take an unreasonable number of headshots to kill?? I wonder if guns will be upgradeable like Resi 4 onwards... I don't remember it taking 9+ shots to down a basic zombie in the original Resi 2. There also doesn't seem to be a melee attack (no Resi 4 roundhouse kick or Resi 5 falcon-punch ) and the knives are degradable so using an entire clip to kill one zombie seems unreasonable...

I also played a little bit of Resi 4 earlier and got a refresher of Leon becoming a ninja. You can only start on normal and I've beaten that game like 10 times on Pro . But yes... The initial enemies take at most three bullets (or a bullet, a kick and a stab to save ammo).

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
25th, coming, evil, january, remake, resident