Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 13-08-2009, 11:11 PM #1

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
Default Glyn Wise (\'Big Brother 7\') Interview

Quote:
"I'm boiling an egg for the very first time... ahh-umm, ahh-umm," sang Glyn Wise as he learnt one of life's most basic and banal skills in the Big Brother 7 house. Yet, it was the young Welsh lad's cheeky and optimistic outlook on all of life's trivial moments which endeared him to the British viewing public. Eventually finishing in second place behind Pete Bennett, he remains one of the most amiable contestants of all time. We gave Glyn a call to find out what he's been up to since he left the show.

What have you been up to for the past three years?
"It has been the most bizarre three years of my life! What I'm doing now is I'm at Cardiff University studying Welsh and Spanish. I've been working for Radio Cymru, BBC Wales. I've started doing work for the NHS on the importance of sexual health and I've also started doing some stand-up comedy, but I do it in Welsh, because my English still isn't that good. I'm just starting out and I'm always the first act on. It's a bit like with boxing where they send out the women first, that's how I feel. So yeah, I'm the sh*t one that goes on first, but other than that I'm fine!"

Do people still recognise you as Glyn from Big Brother?
"In Wales it's still massive and everyone's chanting 'Glyn! Glyn!' In England, that's the one benefit of coming over here, it's a lot nicer and nowhere near as massive. It does do your head in, all of that, and I think that's why I'm happier three years down the line than I was when I just left the show. Every time another group of people enter the house, it eases the pressure a little bit more. I know it sound stupid but I never really knew how much attention and publicity I would get from the show. It sounds ridiculous, but I didn't actually think anyone was watching when I was inside the house."

Has all the attention ever proved problematic?
"Yeah, I mean people point at you and they come up to you when you're with your parents and ask, 'How many people have you shagged?' It's not very nice. I've had to become a lot more open with my parents because everything that happened with the show, which is probably a good thing."

A lot of former Big Brother contestants are extremely negative about the show. Why do you think that is?
"I think the people who come out of the show negative went on the show negative. Some people do have problems and I'm surprised a lot of them get past the psychological rounds. I do know lots contestants who have tried to killed themselves, who I won't name, and that's really sad. The sad thing is that everyone wanted to be the next Jade Goody, everyone wanted her levels of fame. I just went on the show for fun and had the time of my life on there. I've been very lucky to get work out of it and I'm really grateful for that."

What are your happiest memories from inside the house?
"My happiest memories are walking in - even though I got booed! Coming out to cheers, which was just amazing. You know when you cry because you are so proud, well, I still get that when I watch that back. Also, when we were in the prison and we went to the secret hideaway, that was brilliant for me. Everything was brilliant... learning how to boil an egg... learning life skills in general."

Are you annoyed that you ended up just missing out on winning the show behind Pete?
"You know what? Pete was a nice guy, but I was there to win. I'm the most competitive person you will ever find. I always play to win every time I play tennis or any sport. It really annoyed me that I was the only person who attempted to get rid of Pete and nominate him. How thick could everyone else be? He was obviously going to win, so we had to nominate him and try get him out. Pete's a nice guy, so I'm pleased for him, and I've not done too bad out of it, so I'm happy. But at the end of the day, I can't lie, the word 'winner' at the end of my name was something that I would have liked."

Do you have any regrets?
"I never regret anything. You learn from your life."

Surely you must regret that horrible Baywatch intro?
"Looking back now I did look like a bit of a t*t in my Baywatch gear for the intro, but it was just meant to be funny. If I ever did it again, I'd go in dressed in a bin bag or as a kung fu fighter. I'd always want to be outrageous rather than normal. At the end of the day, the show's producers want ratings and my thinking is, 'let's help deliver them'."

Would you go back on the show for an Allstars special?
"I'd go back in there at a click of the finger. But I'd want to do the whole three months again. I don't really want to go in just for a day. I can't be doing with all the rigmarole and everyone shouting 'Glyn! Glyn!' again, just for a brief visit. If I do it, I want to do it properly. The problem is that I think I'd get booed on my way out of the house this time. I'd tell people exactly what I thought of them because I enjoy a good argument these days. I met that Derek Laud (Big Brother 6) the other day and I've never met such a t*t in my life. He was on Little Brother with me and he was looking down on people and that's one of the things in life that annoys me."

Are you a fan of Big Brother 10?
"Yeah I'm a Big Brother fan and always have been. Big Brother 4, I thought was boring, Big Brother 8, I thought was pretty boring, but other than that I love the show. I'm loving this year's show and I'm just gutted that Angel and Noirin have gone. The contestant I'm hating at the moment is Bea, but the way I see it, we shouldn't vote her out until the final. We don't want to end up with a final full of Rodrigos because that would be really rubbish. I hate the girl, but she stirs things up in there."
Digital Spy
Chri$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 11:16 PM #2
M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Helen Flanagan
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Helen Flanagan
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

Awww Glynnnnnnnnnnn <3

I'd love to see him in it again!

I could say I'd met a Big Brother housemate that had been in twice!

I think he should come back on the Glyn site Chris!! Maybe Titch could ask him in one of her convos?

No idea why I didn't ask this on MSN... but still!
Nicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'', big brother 7, glyn, interview, wise