Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 25-08-2009, 08:49 PM #1

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Donny

Favourites:
Default I find it interesting people in here find rebellion entertaining

I enjoyed Rex last season. He was smart enough to be entertaining without breaking BB rules. Explain to me how breaking rules is entertaining?
kellybsblover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 08:52 PM #2

First of all i think if you believe following rules without questioning or disagreeing is some how a good thing is a very dangerous train of thought.

In a gameshow situation based not on answering questions but providing interesting television, lets be honest arguments etc someone going against a group and doing something like this is entertaining.

He's been honest about it, fairly accurate with his assumption he is up for eviciton and neither of the people voted for by him refusing are effected, problem is what?
pixee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 08:55 PM #3

Favourites:

Favourites:

You know the rules before going in. This should be no surprise. If I dont agree with the rules I would not go in the house.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:58 PM #4

Best BB moment was someone breaking the rules in the first series "nasty nick" it's an entertainment show if BB were bothered they could have kicked him out. Do people get so angry because they wouldn't dare break the rules?
Old 25-08-2009, 09:01 PM #5

Favourites:

Favourites:

I would never break the rules... in any circumstance.
Old 25-08-2009, 09:01 PM #6

Favourites:

Favourites:

Old 25-08-2009, 09:19 PM #7

Frightening
Old 25-08-2009, 09:21 PM #8

If it's possible to break the rules to get what they want (big brother gave them an alternative) then they will.. I would. xxxxx
GirlsAloud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 09:23 PM #9

Favourites:

Favourites:

I guess it's a matter of principles and morals... I'm not expecting everyone to have it and no Rodrigo would not break rules to get what he wants.
Old 25-08-2009, 09:26 PM #10

Favourites:
CBB7: Vinnie
I'm a Celeb 2009: Gino D'Acampo

Favourites:
CBB7: Vinnie
I'm a Celeb 2009: Gino D'Acampo

Breaks the monotomy of watching robots
guigy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 09:31 PM #11

Quote:
Originally posted by kellybsblover
I guess it's a matter of principles and morals... I'm not expecting everyone to have it and no Rodrigo would not break rules to get what he wants.
I think your falling into the David trap of confusing like i don't know say general social anarchy with a late night channel 4 entertainment show. It is pure entertainment, as the other poster said there is an alternative, BB allows them to bend or break rules which don't endanger otherhousemates or offend people as a means of creating "television".

I hope you apply a more critical eye in your real life, freedom of thought and action is what stops nazism if we are going to use David's level of real life comparrison lol "IF THEY SAY JUMP I SAY HOW HIGH" not very ya fat bastard
Old 25-08-2009, 09:38 PM #12

the arguement on both sides is in some respect mute since it is only a gameshow whose rules can be arbitrary at best..

its more interesting to see why people do things

David, I think, genuinely has code of "honour" about the rules: I kinda like him for it

Marcus I liked when he rule broke just to kick things up a bit
but
I liked him less when he briefly thought (along with Siavash and Freddie) that he was being a rebel...it had as much meaning and depth as rebelling at "Blind Mans Bluff" ..its a game

Charlie wants people to keep to the rules because he deeply fears losing through more unpredictability being introduced...i don't think he has any morals on rule-breaking really......he nicks drinks anyway
BitterFruit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 09:41 PM #13

Quote:
Originally posted by pixee
Quote:
"IF THEY SAY JUMP I SAY HOW HIGH" not very ya fat b******
LMFAOOOO!
GirlsAloud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 09:41 PM #14

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools and the guidance of wise men.
Prole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 10:31 PM #15

None of the supposed non rule breakers were'nt so worried about those same rules when today they escaped from the house and were behind the scenes?
It's all BS Charlie is a thief wheres that in his morals and as for Rodrigo he has gotta be the biggest hypocrit in there,he goes on about rules and respect but will throw oil and water over beds and will drink lager that he has took a part in stealing,same goes for his many tantrums in the diary room kicking things and so on.
Fair enough I agree Siavash should have nominated but not on tonights show when it meant nothing but 3 weeks ago,but BB messed that 1 up.
alchemists1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 10:37 PM #16
User banned

User banned

Quote:
First of all i think if you believe following rules without questioning or disagreeing is some how a good thing is a very dangerous train of thought.

In a gameshow situation based not on answering questions but providing interesting television, lets be honest arguments etc someone going against a group and doing something like this is entertaining.

He's been honest about it, fairly accurate with his assumption he is up for eviciton and neither of the people voted for by him refusing are effected, problem is what?
Rule-breaking and rebellion is a stage we all go through as teenagers - most of us outgrow it! Unfortunately - a few sad individuals remain stuck in that frame of mind because they don't have the emotional intelligence to realize that it is not cool - just pathetic!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 10:50 PM #17

Quote:
Originally posted by VOICEOFREASON
Quote:

Rule-breaking and rebellion is a stage we all go through as teenagers - most of us outgrow it! Unfortunately - a few sad individuals remain stuck in that frame of mind because they don't have the emotional intelligence to realize that it is not cool - just pathetic!
Sorry you misunderstand me I don't think stomping around kicking doors like Rodrigo is "cool" or aggressively shouting at people like a "teenager" is cool like Charlie.

I think making a decision not to follow the rule of an entertainment programme as a personal choice is ok in my book.

And if you meant your statement as a comment on general life then again i would say Children follow what adults tell them growing up and learning allows you to question, critisize and formulate an opinion there is nothing mature about blindly following orders, especially of a false power, in this case a television channel.

It's an entertainment show and what he's done has created some entertainment what else would we be talking about? "oh Lisa smoked again did you see that?"
Old 25-08-2009, 10:52 PM #18
0_o

0_o

Quote:
In that case do you disagree with rodrigo sophie charlie siavash AND marcus for breaking out of the BB house earlier today?

For someone with such strong views about rulebreaking...rodrigo is a hypocrite
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 10:54 PM #19

Quote:
Originally posted by VickyJ
Quote:
In that case do you disagree with rodrigo sophie charlie siavash AND marcus for breaking out of the BB house earlier today?

For someone with such strong views about rulebreaking...rodrigo is a hypocrite

I'm sure it was funny whe they did it.. lol

Rodrigo is the biggest hypocrite in the house no question.

Be interesting to see it tommorow
Old 25-08-2009, 11:00 PM #20
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

I've never been able to understand Siavash's logic of not nominating - I'm kind of with Roddy on this one (and not just cause he's my fav ). One of the fundamental aspects of Big Brother is the nomination process and if your not prepared to do this as Siavash hasn't for quite a few weeks now, then why bother coming on the show?
In BB7 when there was about this many of them left, not one of them refused to nominate (I don't think) despite the fact that they were all close.
As well as that, rule breaking in Big Brother almost certainly guarantees you air time, so that has to be taken into consideration as well surely...?
Rob! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 11:03 PM #21

Quote:
Originally posted by RobInnes
I've never been able to understand Siavash's logic of not nominating - I'm kind of with Roddy on this one (and not just cause he's my fav ). One of the fundamental aspects of Big Brother is the nomination process and if your not prepared to do this as Siavash hasn't for quite a few weeks now, then why bother coming on the show?
In BB7 when there was about this many of them left, not one of them refused to nominate (I don't think) despite the fact that they were all close.
As well as that, rule breaking in Big Brother almost certainly guarantees you air time, so that has to be taken into consideration as well surely...?
*sighs* His logic is that he wants to face public vote before the final week so if he gets to the final week he hasn't had an easy ride, we all know it is the "rules" but it is purely about choice he has chose to do this the same as the others HAVE chose to nominate, if they all refused to nominate they would in all likely hood all go up for nomination which is quite fair
Old 25-08-2009, 11:05 PM #22
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlsAloud
If it's possible to break the rules to get what they want (big brother gave them an alternative) then they will.. I would. xxxxx
I would too
Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 11:10 PM #23
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry you misunderstand me I don't think stomping around kicking doors like Rodrigo is "cool" or aggressively shouting at people like a "teenager" is cool like Charlie.

I think making a decision not to follow the rule of an entertainment programme as a personal choice is ok in my book.

And if you meant your statement as a comment on general life then again i would say Children follow what adults tell them growing up and learning allows you to question, critisize and formulate an opinion there is nothing mature about blindly following orders, especially of a false power, in this case a television channel.

It's an entertainment show and what he's done has created some entertainment what else would we be talking about? "oh Lisa smoked again did you see that?"
Rodrigo only acts that way when he is genuinely upset - and he usually has good reason!

Marcus is a middle-aged man trying to be funny by acting like a 10 year-old and 'breaking the rules' - kids that age think it is cool and brave to break rules. Marcus is doing one of two things! He is either genuinely stuck in the mind-frame of a 10 year- old and actually thinks that type of behaviour is funny - or he doesn't have a very high opinion of the type of people that watch bb and think that they would find that entertaining - so behaves that way to make himself popular!

Either way - he is a loser!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 11:12 PM #24

Quote:
Originally posted by RobInnes
I agree. I think Marcus and Siavash actions in this BB have ruined it. All I can say is after this fiasco and what BB have let people get away with this year does not bode well for BB11. Everyone will come in with the idea that they can just rebel and get away with it. It will descend into chaos.

I think the BB producers should have put their foot down with the rule breakers a long time ago. The whole concept of BB has now totally gone.
trasadkel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 11:13 PM #25

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rodrigo only acts that way when he is genuinely upset - and he usually has good reason!

Marcus is a middle-aged man trying to be funny by acting like a 10 year-old and 'breaking the rules' - kids that age think it is cool and brave to break rules. Marcus is doing one of two things! He is either genuinely stuck in the mind-frame of a 10 year- old and actually thinks that type of behaviour is funny - or he doesn't have a very high opinion of the type of people that watch bb and think that they would find that entertaining - so behaves that way to make himself popular!

Either way - he is a loser!
Yes Marcus is childish, as childish as Rodrigo if that is your point. Siavash is not behaving childishly though and neither is questioning rules as you tried to make out somehow childish and as far as the show goes it's good entertainment.

Apparently your mate, Rodrigo, has no such issue breaking rules which we will see tommorow, when it suits him

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
entertaining, find, interesting, people, rebellion