Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB7 Celebrity Big Brother 7 from 2010, which was won by Alex Reid.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:11 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Default Is Mike Tyson going into celeb bb.

Jesus wept, would you go in a house with no exit with a convicted rapist.

Mind you, saying that the viewing figures will hit an all time high if he does go in, thats a certainty.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM #2
atieah2009

atieah2009

id like him in
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM #3
User banned

User banned

[rquote=2562377&tid=147394&author=atieah2009]id like him in[/rquote]

Well - you are not female - so have no idea how intimidating it could be for any women in there!

It would not be acceptable - unless it was an all male house!

WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:16 PM #4

[rquote=2562399&tid=147394&author=meecha][rquote=2562377&tid=147394&author=atieah2009]id like him in[/rquote]

Well - you are not female - so have no idea how intimidating it could be for any women in there!

[/rquote]

I'm sure most males would also find him intimidating.
Reakon bb would not want to be associated with anyone who'd been charged or convicted with a serious offence. Then again, they had michael barrymore, who clearly had serious emotional problems and the awful pool incident hanging over him. As far as i know he was never convicted or acquitted when entering the house. Personally id feel more at ease around tyson.

dixiebell1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:18 PM #5
0_o

0_o

At least he is actually a celebrity...most of the people who go in there I have no idea who they are.

Still think all-stars would be better this year, with it being the last one.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:23 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

I can see that happening and I hope it does (dont worry they will have him under control, they will have people on standby to remobe him if anything starts going wrong), but he is an actual celeb, the ratings will be high as if he goes in it will be ALL OVER the newspapers, and he's been dating Aisleyne... makes sense to me.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:30 PM #7

must be on the cards for sure.!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Aisleyne.html

dixiebell1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:35 PM #8
0_o

0_o

Ew...I like Aisleyne, but she has no taste in men
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:14 PM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2562399&tid=147394&author=meecha][rquote=2562377&tid=147394&author=atieah2009]id like him in[/rquote]

[/rquote]

I agree, I, for one, do not want to watch a convicted rapist on my telly. I will not be watching if he goes into the house - after all why not throw in Jonathan King and Gary Glitter? - that's how low CBB will have sunk
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:48 PM #10

Jeezus, that report is old news, nothing in it nothing now.
Mike Tysons child recently died, do you really believe he is going to go on B.B?
merv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:39 PM #11

Oh FFS we've already had a thread on this.

And Angus you ought to be ashamed of yourself for lumpin Tyson in with King and Glitter. ****in ridiculous low jibe. And you wouldn't say it to his face.

I've met Tyson 3 times and was always a perfect gentleman. One time was a big evening dinner event at MUFC, and Tyson turned up with Aiselyne (before she went on BB).

This is my post from the other thread on this:

Firstly, Tyson would never do it. The closest we'll get is look-alike Lee (can't remember which BB?).

I have a thing about Tyson - so don't get me started. He was my idol when I was a kid. He did some bad things, but was also mismanaged terribly by those around him (remember he came from the ghetto). A very misunderstood and intelligent man. See latest movie 'Tyson' which was lauded at Cannes Film Festival, France, and where he got standing ovations from all the audiences for his honesty about himself in the film. They also mobbed him after.

This myth about him being this 'monster' was apt to an extent years ago. He's a very different character now after all the traumas and misdemeanours he's been through, including recent addictions, and the death of his young daughter. He says he hates the old Tyson and is now trying to deal with his own demons. Just leave the man alone. He aint going on CBB. Also, he got married recently, so Aiselyne's out of the picture.

Sorry, but I just hate that misinformed view of the man. Nuff said.

Here was the other thread on this:

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...php?tid=147150
J-Rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:04 PM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2563228&tid=147394&author=J-Rock]Oh FFS we've already had a thread on this.

And Angus you ought to be ashamed of yourself for lumpin Tyson in with King and Glitter. ****in ridiculous low jibe. And you wouldn't say it to his face.

I've met Tyson 3 times and was always a perfect gentleman. One time was a big evening dinner event at MUFC, and Tyson turned up with Aiselyne (before she went on BB).

Firstly, Tyson would never do it. The closest we'll get is look-alike Lee (can't remember which BB?).

I have a thing about Tyson - so don't get me started. He was my idol when I was a kid. He did some bad things, but was also mismanaged terribly by those around him (remember he came from the ghetto). A very misunderstood and intelligent man. See latest movie 'Tyson' which was lauded at Cannes Film Festival, France, and where he got standing ovations from all the audiences for his honesty about himself in the film. They also mobbed him after.

This myth about him being this 'monster' was apt to an extent years ago. He's a very different character now after all the traumas and misdemeanours he's been through, including recent addictions, and the death of his young daughter. He says he hates the old Tyson and is now trying to deal with his own demons. Just leave the man alone. He aint going on CBB. Also, he got married recently, so Aiselyne's out of the picture.

[/rquote]

I would have no problem saying anything to his face unless you're suggesting he's a vicious animal with no self control?

I don't care if he's now morphed into Mother Theresa - this guy rightly went to prison for a vicious rape, and I make no apologies for calling him a rapist, cos that's what he is. Rapists exploit women, and paedophiles exploit children, all are lowlifes. I am entitled to my opinion and am frankly quite appalled to see people defending the thug.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:18 PM #13

[rquote=2563336&tid=147394&author=angus58][rquote=2563228&tid=147394&author=J-Rock]Oh FFS we've already had a thread on this.

[/rquote]

I would have no problem saying anything to his face unless you're suggesting he's a vicious animal with no self control?

I don't care if he's now morphed into Mother Theresa - this guy rightly went to prison for a vicious rape, and I make no apologies for calling him a rapist, cos that's what he is. Rapists exploit women, and paedophiles exploit children, all are lowlifes. I am entitled to my opinion and am frankly quite appalled to see people defending the thug.[/rquote]

Then be appalled. I don't give a *****. You have no evidence that he is now a 'thug'. All evidence is to the contrary in terms of his behaviour and public acclaim in recent years. He served his time; and there are still some who doubt the conviction. He was also given the opportunity when in jail to 'admit it' where he would have been let out early - he refused to do so and served another 18 months. I won't be making any more comments now on this, so you can say more if you want, but we will just be going round in circles.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 PM #14

I wouldn't watch it if he was on it.
MiuMiu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2563395&tid=147394&author=J-Rock][rquote=2563336&tid=147394&author=angus58][rquote=2563228&tid=147394&author=J-Rock]Oh FFS we've already had a thread on this.

[/rquote]

I don't care if he's now morphed into Mother Theresa - this guy rightly went to prison for a vicious rape, and I make no apologies for calling him a rapist, cos that's what he is. Rapists exploit women, and paedophiles exploit children, all are lowlifes. I am entitled to my opinion and am frankly quite appalled to see people defending the thug.[/rquote]

Then be appalled. I don't give a ****. You have no evidence that he is now a 'thug'. All evidence is to the contrary in terms of his behaviour and public acclaim in recent years. He served his time; and there are still some who doubt the conviction. He was also given the opportunity when in jail to 'admit it' where he would have been let out early - he refused to do so and served another 18 months. I won't be making any more comments now on this, so you can say more if you want, but we will just be going round in circles.

[/rquote]

I don't require your permission to say more on the subject, and will certainly do so if I want to - if you choose to defend a convicted rapist that is your choice, and it is mine to oppose watching one on my television. "Appalled" doesn't really cover it, "Disgusted" and "Sickened" come close though
Old 11-09-2009, 09:16 PM #16

[rquote=2563517&tid=147394&author=angus58][rquote=2563395&tid=147394&author=J-Rock][rquote=2563336&tid=147394&author=angus58][rquote=2563228&tid=147394&author=J-Rock]Oh FFS we've already had a thread on this.

[/rquote]

Then be appalled. I don't give a ****. You have no evidence that he is now a 'thug'. All evidence is to the contrary in terms of his behaviour and public acclaim in recent years. He served his time; and there are still some who doubt the conviction. He was also given the opportunity when in jail to 'admit it' where he would have been let out early - he refused to do so and served another 18 months. I won't be making any more comments now on this, so you can say more if you want, but we will just be going round in circles.

[/rquote]

I don't require your permission to say more on the subject, and will certainly do so if I want to - if you choose to defend a convicted rapist that is your choice, and it is mine to oppose watching one on my television. "Appalled" doesn't really cover it, "Disgusted" and "Sickened" come close though[/rquote]

I was actually trying to round off my post by being a little conciliatory, saying we'd just be going round in circles. It obviously went over your head. I was trying to cool it off and send a friendly wave.

You obviously became initially angry as I used the word 'ashamed' in my first post (apologise if you felt insulted), and then you hurled plenty of vitriol my way. Now you're throwing insults at me again, in a indirect way. I'll take it on the chin this time, but any more then I'll be reporting you.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

So basically, you want to report anyone who doesn't share your rose-tinted view of Mike Tyson, and you are now threatening to "report" me, no doubt in the expectation of getting me banned for having the audacity to express my disgust. Thankfully, the moderators on this forum seem to have sufficient commonsense to allow FMs to have differences of opinion. In fact it was YOU that attacked me when I posted that in my view Tyson's crime was on par with those of King and Glitter. There are many that would agree with me, and would not want to see him in CBB.

I do not see how I have insulted you in any way, my "vitriol" as you put it, has been firmly directed towards a convicted rapist (FACT), and I am perfectly entitled to be disgusted and sickened by anyone who feels compelled to defend the indefensible. If you are offended by my disgust, that's too bad- your feelings are in no way more important than mine. So we will just have to agree to differ.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 PM #18

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

[rquote=2563228&tid=147394&author=J-Rock]Oh FFS we've already had a thread on this.

[/rquote]

Now I'm conflicted on the extreme angles in the 'for and against' camps.
One person is talking about a 'vicious rape' and that is not what happened even if you accept the verdict,
however,
After watching 'Tyson' I am not at all convinced there was any rape,
HOWEVER... ...there had always been a lot of whispers that was considered a sentence for a whole lot of incidents that never made it to trial.
A lot of incidents that never even made it to the newspapers or beyond his camp.
I'm not even saying I believe all of them either but wow.. ..that is a long history of disturbing behavior and a long list of women who were offended.

Is he reformed now?
Shows a lot of promise right now.

The problem is that this 'new Tyson' is just a new Tyson as of the last few years.
I hope he DOES keep going in this direction.
but,
The truth is - most other CBB people won't want to become the test!
They are not going to become Mike Tysons experimental playing field to find out how far he can go with intense social and psychological pressure.

Anyone who does think its a good idea has to really ask themselves if they would want to be in that house with him?
- Oh sure, you can just say "YES I WISH I could .. Id LUV to be on CBB!".
Really?
I mean really consider its 3 weeks in and Tyson is getting cagey, having prison flashbacks, high school bullying flashbacks when you won't put milk on the shopping list and now some big-titted women are getting him anxious before BB makes you and him dress up like women and...
...You SURE you would feel good about that?
I wouldn't.
Despite having some experience boxing and assuming I was fit for a season and even being someone who can 'calm down' situations - I'd be watching my back and scared of that unpredictable 'snap' and consequent permanent mental impairment or death that can ensue.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 PM #19

[rquote=2563561&tid=147394&author=angus58]So basically, you want to report anyone who doesn't share your rose-tinted view of Mike Tyson, and you are now threatening to "report" me, no doubt in the expectation of getting me banned for having the audacity to express my disgust. Thankfully, the moderators on this forum seem to have sufficient commonsense to allow FMs to have differences of opinion. In fact it was YOU that attacked me when I posted that in my view Tyson's crime was on par with those of King and Glitter. There are many that would agree with me, and would not want to see him in CBB.

I do not see how I have insulted you in any way, my "vitriol" as you put it, has been firmly directed towards a convicted rapist (FACT), and I am perfectly entitled to be disgusted and sickened by anyone who feels compelled to defend the indefensible. If you are offended by my disgust, that's too bad- your feelings are in no way more important than mine. So we will just have to agree to differ. [/rquote]

And so you continue with the vitriol. I tried to apologise if I offended you with the 'ashamed' bit in my post, yet you have shown little grace in your response.

You have accused me of something throughout this that I have NOT done (back to this in a moment). You continue to use words like 'disgust', 'sickened' and these are aimed at me. Indeed, I have not come across such vitriol directed at me since I have been on here - even from the trolls!

My only initial gripe was that you bracketed Tyson in with the likes of King and Glitter. For me this was too much. Indeed there are many people out there who would agree with me on this - I assure you of this (totally different contexts and totally different situations). Do a search on discussions around Tyson on google and you will see what I mean. See the reports around his arrival to the UK in 2000, for example. There is divided opinion on him, so do not make me out to be the minority. I choose to look at the WHOLE of Tyson as a person, and his life in context, rather than focus on his conviction (and if a true conviction, then it was indeed a crime and he paid the price). But on this, we can agree to disagree.

However, back to your accusations. The one thing that you continue to accuse me of is 'defending the indefensible'. I have never 'defended' ANY of Tyson's bad actions, including the ear biting which sickened me terribly. I was pointing out the context of Tyson's life, and the journey he has been on in terms of his search for redemption since those 'bad times'. I also made it clear he would never do CBB, nor would I want him in there. So what am I defending exactly? Only the fact that Tyson has tried to repay his dues and has come a long way. I DO NOT defend any conviction for criminal behaviour, if indeed that convivtion was safe (it may indeed have been, but we will never know for sure).

Whether you are able to come off your high horse and reply with a more conciliatary response, I am not sure. But I really want to leave this subject alone now. I said in my very first post - 'don't get me started on Tyson' - as I knew something like this would happen

Old 13-09-2009, 01:55 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

[/rquote]

Your reply and blatant name dropping is the onl;y thing that deserves the sleepy smiley in this thread.

I can't be mooching around on here all day every day checking to see whats been posted about stuff i want to talk about.

Go and bore your real life friends and give my real life eyes a break.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, celeb, mike, tyson